Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: 1-6 month General Chatter

katanya Guest

I forgot to mention that KMART has 25% off all clothes at the moment I am going to buy some pink bonds gear for my friend who is having a baby due Christmas Day! I am hoping it's a girl (I have a strong feeling) if not I'll swap them over for "boy colours!"

Katanya - ever since he was born he has been outrageously scratching himself on the face and head. He does it when he is tired/going to sleep or tired/waking up, and even moreso when he is teething. I try to keep his nails as short as possible but sometimes that doesnt even do anything, he will still rip into himself, so now I have to put the scratch mitts on him, but I was hoping he'd grow out of it as he got older...

Michelle - that is so terribly sad, and how devastating for that family

We are moving in 18 days to Chapel Hill (bordering Indooroopilly) (which is a couple of suburbs away from here) into a 3 brm house, yay!!! (goodbye and good riddance to BIL and this unit!!)

Hey Christy, I hope everything goes ok at the Dr's today... also good luck with getting everything else done, it sounds like you're in for a very busy one.

My day is consisting of hiding out in my bedroom with Aidyn, as BIL stayed home from work and I cannot stand the sight of him atm (read post in Punching Bag)
    My cousin is coming over with her 6month old daughter this afternoon and we are going on a pram push around the river path at UQ.

Marcia Guest

Hi all,

Michelle - That is so aweful for your friend and her baby girl to have to go through. As the others have said, since having Hudson I cannot imagine any greater hurt than to watch your child struggle with a terminal illness. I feel overwhelmed just thinking about it.

=D> Ambah! Not long to go now until you have your own space again!

Christy - Hope your day goes well and the Dr's appointment goes ok.

:-k wonder if that 25% off is on swimmers too. I have just realised that I don't have any, and as much as I'm not one for swimming at the public pool or beach, I am considering taking Hudson to mums & bubs swimming once he is six months old. Don't suppose there will be much around in swimmers by then. Well we have had a bit of a hectic day so far, but we are done now \/ . Had to go to get our tax done this morning. DH was meant to not be working today, but someone changed the roster last week while he was away and didn't bother to let him know, so I was not impressed when he said he would have to cancel the appointment that we booked two weeks ago! In the end someone agreed to stand in for him while we went to the accountants so that was lucky. Anyway, got there and discovered I did not have half the stuff I needed for the accountant, so once we were done I had to come home and search out the stuff I needed and then go back to drop it off to the accountant. Grrrrrrr at me. Anyway, once that was all done Hudson cracked it big time because all his morning sleeps were disturbed and he was tired the poor bub. Have finally just got him off to sleep after a big battle LOL! Hopefully he sleeps well tonight after all that because he has decided to wake every 3-4 hrs through the night again for the last week. Bit of a shock to the system after 2 weeks of sleeping through lol!

Hi girls... days been too crazy, but Dr wasn't too good... I'm okay...sort of?? I don't have thyroid problems.

Just dropped Matilda off with our neighbours so I can get some packing done and just some time to absorb everything, I miss my furbabies allready the house seems so dead without them!!! I dropped them off at 5star kennels lol! And its nice there so I don't feel bad about them, I just love having them with me at all times....

Anyway... better get packing while I don't have MAtilda!

Awww Christy :hugs: I hope whatever it is isn't too bad?? If you need to talk you can always email or call me, ok??
    Hope you got your packing done!!
    I'm sure you will have a fantastic trip away, how exciting for you!!!

Marcia - I hope Hudson has a better nights sleep for you tonight.

Aidyn didn't have the best sleep either, waking at 4am this morning. I think its teething again.. his top two teeth must be on the move as he has been rubbing whatever he can get his hands on against his top gums!

I had fun on my walk this afternoon with my cousin. It is so sweet watching the babies together. Tahlia was very talkative towards Aidyn and kept reaching out to grab his face!LOL!

katanya Guest

Christy: I hope everything is okay with your Dr's appointment?

Ambah: That is so cute about Taylia touching Aidyn' face..Felix has a friend called Emmalee, and he grabs her ears and tries to give her hickies on her head..she just screams...

Well we might have a little problem, went to get Felix weighed again, and this week there was NO weight gain..also yesterdaywe spent 6 hours out in 1 disposable and it was practically dry when I got home..this morning his poo smelt really funny..usually it is the sweetish smelling breastmilk ones..

So the clinic nurse has suggested a trip to the doctor when I told her about the lack of wetness and smelly poo..just to check everything is okay..she said it could just be the teething and the 4-5 month plateau, but he should be gaining again now..

Thing is he is really alert and happy (apart from the teething irrates) he has no fevers..but he's not drinking as much as he usually does and If I offer him more when he's not hungry he bites me...sigh...

Hope everyone is doing okay!

dd Guest

Hi girls,

My sister is pregnant and just had the 12wk scan and usual checks I think u call them the NT's with blood tests and it came back that she has to consider whether or not to have an amnio because her percentage came back 1/325 and her age group is 1/425 or something so whatever she's lower and this apparently is unusal - she's been crying all day and asking me what my was I just said it was ok cause it was and I didn't go through any thought of what I would or wouldn't do in that situation. So now I don't know how or what to do to comfort her if there is such a thing?? Sorry I'm babbling abit but did anyone go through this and is there a website that maybe I can let her know about? [-o<

Anyway, I'd appreciate any input....Hope are all well and your little bundles are not playing up too much O

xxdd

dd... all I can think of is this one... recently some of the PG girls have had to go through this and are really good with supporting each other through this... Some have even recently had aminocentisis so they can help know what to expect...

Thanks girls... I've basically been told I have PND and that I need medication. I know thats true but I don't like accepting it?? Does that make sense? Anyway... just had to think things through this arvo to know where to start so I can get better.... and start enjoying life again... O

Hi DD

You might want to speak to Lukes Mum she had an amnio not long ago and would be able to give you some useful info.

Love :hbeat:

dd- I had an amnio with my 2nd, it wasn't after a nuchal fold test but an abnormal measurement of brain fluid in the ventricles.

The proceedure was painless, they put the ultrasound on your tummy and the dr pops this huge needle into the aniotic fluid, using the ultrasound to ensure he is in the right place. There are risks to the proceedure, so I guess that is up to each couple to decide for themselves. It was an agonising time for us, but we wanted to know our baby was ok and risked the test. Ours turned out all clear and Joshua was born totally normal in the end.

Some people refuse to be tested as they don't mind not knowing about genetic conditions. Others want to know so they can make an informed decision. It isn't easy, and if you haven't been there I don't think you can know what you would do, maybe if you just be there for your sister so she can discuss the pro's and con's of having the proceedure that would be helpful. I know where she is coming from, I was actually 18 weeks when all this happened to me and Joshua was moving in my belly, and I just wanted him to be still as it upset me so much.

Email me if you need to talk about it more.

Christy- it is a hard thing to face but good for you on taking that step to deal with it.

Ambah- I have to scoot off and read about your BIL now, hope Aidyn's head is healing and that the move goes well. It will be nice to be a family, alone!

Your Hudson sounds like he's being really tricky Marcia, hope you get more sleep tonight. Jessica has done some of the same, she sleeps till 6.15 one morning and then is up at 4 the next.

Katanya- could the off the food thing be part of teething, I was told by a MCHN that the ph level in the mouth changes during teething and babies go off their food/drink cause it tastes different!

Anyway nothing major happening over here, Arron is booting of fishing in the early hours so he is in bed and I am really peed off cause I am sick of him going fishing. What's new! SOme things never change "IT"S SNAPPER SEASON!" Yeah whatever.

Goodnight
    Michelle

I don't think I could handle a DH fishing heaps.... I need so much help around the place ...

Well...I'm off... couldn't sleep this morning so I woke up the whole house & we're 30 minutes away from leaving!! YAY!!! I'll be having BB withdrawals so DH told me to just go on the computer and get a quick fix before we leave...LMAO!!

dd Guest

Hi guys,

Thanks for the info I will pass it on to her.

Can't talk got a busy schedule - well busy life - you know the drill....LOL!

Hope you're all well

Take care...

Pietta Guest

I hope you have fun Christy!! and dont worry about PND I totally understand about not wanting to accept it. I have OCD when i was younger and as nice as it is to know whats wrong it makes you freak a bit.

Katanya I cant offer advice but i hope everything works out. Cute about the little girl screaming! hehehe

I hope Hudson sleeps more for you!! Ryley is all over the place now but i can guarantee he wil wake at 3.30 though. He has been doing that for the last 5 mornings. But hey as soon as i think it is all sorted he changes again!!

I agree with Christy- I need DH to be around on the weekends and stuff. I would go crazy without his help!

DD I cant offer any advice but I wish her all the best.

Gee our forum will be pretty empty soon. I'll miss you Ambah!!

Okay my update- all is good. I am getting AF symptoms- d'oh- but I am on metformin to help her come back so i shoudnt be complaining. Ryley is doing too well with the heat. Poor little guy stresses and then sweats heaps coz he is naturally ho like his Dad. I put the fan on low in his room and face it away from him. He is porking on the weight and I am worried the CHN is going to say to me that I am over feeding him but I am pretty much demand feeding him.

I hope everyone is well. My cold is gone finally!!

spiddles Guest

I know how you feel about the weight thing Pee. I am basically demand express feeding cause if I breast feed he wont stop and screams and doesnt look as satisfied. The other day he had 8 x 120ml bottles. Nearly a litre of milk. Didnt know a baby this age could drink so much. He didnt bring it back up either. I noow have to express every 2 hours rather than 4 cause they get too full. Even when he does sleep longer (like he did 7 and a half hours the other night) I cant cause I usually wake up and feel uncomforable.

Went and filled out the paperwork for dfaycare yesterday. Only had a feed 2 hours before we got there but wanted another while we were there. The works could get over how good of a feeder he is and how much he drinks. He is getting neary too big for 000 clothes but I guess he is also a pretty tally baby aswell.

Gets weighed next week when take him for immunisation. Am gonna get my doc to give him the neadles rather than clinic as DH says parking is easier plus this visit should put us over the safty net on medicare.

HI all,
    Have a great holiday Christy, hope you get some relaxation time in.

To Spiddles and Pee,
    chubby babies have weight to fall back on if they get sick (my opinion), mine have all been chubby at some stage and I think they look terrific that way, nice and healthy.

Be back later tonight
    Cheers Michelle

Hi all!

Katanya - have you gone to see the Dr yet about Felix?? I really hope he's ok!
    I had to get Aidyn's urine tested a while back as the Dr suspected a UTI but that was due to him having a low fever for weeks on end.

Pee and Spiddles - I agree with Michelle... I dont think you should worry too much their weight. Aidyn was gaining at a rate of 1.5kg/month (for some months anyway!) but the CHN said he was doing really, really well. He has slowed down his gain now btw - in the past 2 months he has only put on 500g.

Hi DD - I hope everything turns out ok with your sister and her bub...

Aww Michelle, that sux that your DH keeps going out fishing and leaving you alone with the kids!! :mad:

Christy - I'll bet you are there by now and putting your feet up!! YAY!!! \/

Sorry if I have missed anyone!

Pietta Guest

My little fella has been asleep for pretty much the whole day today!
    He woke up at 7 for a feed- Dh started it and i did the end of it. Then he woke up at 10.30- I gave him a feed and he vomitted most of it up the poor little guy, then he vomitted some through his nose I dont know what that was about though) he was really restless and angry. Well i saw he had a huge milky booger in his nose (and i know your not supposed to) but i got a cotton bud to get it out. It ended up being like 4cm long and chunky (TMI!! sorry!). He was all happy we had 10 minute cuddle and i put him on our bed for belly time. Well he grizzled for 30 seconds and went quiet. I figured he was just enjoying belly time- but no he had fallen asleep again and now he is still on my bed- surrounded by pillows obviously) and has slept since 12 (it is 3 here!!)

I dont know what to do with myself. I did the washing, the weeding and sterilised his bottles. I even did the Dusting. Crikies!!
    I cant wait for him to be big enough for me to cuddle him.

Oh and btw Ryley put on 1.2kgs in 2.5 weeks before!!

Hey Pee... a useful thing for getting boogers out is a Fess nasal aspirator. It comes in a packet with the Fess saline nose drops for babies, and its really quite handy when bubs has a blocked nose!

LMAO!! I can't believe you even did the weeding, thats a great effort!!! =D> I hope Ryley sleeps well tonight for you as well!

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast