Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: 1-6 mth General Chatter

LMAO Tootie!!! I'm glad it wasn't a dream, cause I even remember you saying something about eating a casserole for dinner, and surely that would be too weird to dream about?!?
    Yay for Jacob, what a tall boy he is!!!

and WOOHOO for the new car Susan!!!!!!! \/ That feeling of freedom is awesome isn't it?!?!

I am feeling a bit better today, but still a bit seedy. I hope its gone by tomorrow, as I have to walk to Aidyns Dr's appt. (Dejavu... I think I was in the exact same predicament 2 weeks ago!!!LOL)

LOL Aidyn loved his first journey in the car today with his seat facing forwards!!! He acted quite stunned, like a whole new world to him, LOL!!!

Hi girls!!

I went to the GP post caesarian and he said that there would be a high possibility of another emergency caesarian again... and I said what about elective?? LOL!! I said if I have to go through that again I would be devestated, so is there a point of time where I can decide to go elective c-section post PG, I mean if I am 25 weeks and my pelvis does the same thing with the moving thing but not enough etc etc, can I decide then to go elective c-section and he reckons it depends on the hospital...DH & I discussed it and IF (and thats a huge IF) we have another child, we would both prefer the elective c-section. For safety of both our lives...

I'm so glad you are feeling better Ambah!! I'm glad to hear how much Aidyn loved the car seat facing forward!!

Kathryn thanks for the advice re Lachlan & the car seat! We bought one today! And were deciding what to do, Matilda's outgrown the capsule in that she holds her head up while in the capsule at this weird angle and she is too long for it... they say up to 70cm, but she gets really aggro in it...

Thats great about the car Susan!! We are looking at getting a second car as DH needs ours everyday for work... and I can get most places on the train but not the Dr or hospital... and if Matilda gets sick its hard because you have to book a cab hours in advance and its $25 just to get the cab one way... yuck

Rose, I hope you are feeling better!!

Marcia - I have recovered well from the caesarian, but it took a good 10 weeks to get here... I have two close friends with really bad recovery's from natural births and it took them heaps longer than me, so I really think it depends on the situation? I mean one of them had such an awful tear that she had to go to theater to get stitched up...and then had to go back 8wks post baby to have something else done surgically too....

We have good news about the car seat... we were looking on line at the costs and the shops around here and were horrified at the costs... they seemed to have gone up in 3 months!! I know you aren't supposed to buy a 2nd hand one but we went on eBay to find one... then online tradingpost, and we found a premier Safe n' Sound one for half the price!! And it had been used once by this limo company who had a really rich client and in the 6 months since that one trip (15 minutes) no one has booked for a limo with a child restraint so they decided to sell it and not accept calls for them, or hire one from the hire co at the airport... Its still in warrantey, in the box and its so freshly new!!! So we bought it... YAY for the bargin! YAY that it wasn't used but one 15 minute trip in a limo lol!

That is fantastic re the car seat Christy. What a bargain!!

LOL @ you dreaming about what Tootie had for dinner Ambah. That would DEFINITELY be weird LMAO

Love :hbeat:

Thats awesome Christy, what a bargain!!!!!!!!!!! =D>
    I remember spewing over the cost of carseats too, so the day Target announced 30% off baby & nursery I was there in a flash!!!

Yay for the car seat Christy!

Ours was second hand too. ILs bought it for their car but said we could have it if we ever got a car.(Then put up a huge stink when we did). We got an anchor point put in this morning, so tonight on the way home from ILs place Brandon had his first ride in our car (so did I) and he loved it. The back of the rear seat is a lot lower, so he could look out the back window as we were driving.

Ambah, I've dreamt weirder things than what Tootie was having for dinner. I dreamt I had a house with a huge long mud pit with tires in it. The strangest thing was the pit was in the lounge room! And it had a wooden bridge over it, but the bridge finished/led to the back wall of the room. And the house (it was more of a flat really) had a kitchen, and front door and the lounge room, and that was it. I had my friend from high school over (who I haven't seen since July) but he and other people who I knew in the dream couldn't stay because it would make too much noise and the cops would come, so everyone left!

And I thought my PG dreams were weird! LOL

The feeling of freedom with the car would probably be greater if I had my license, but I'm slack. And I'm kinda glad, because it gets me off the hook with visiting MIL. As we were leaving tonight, she said (because the car seat was in and we were taking Brandon home ourselves) "oh well, now you can come and visit during the day, if you want to, while Jonathan is out" because she doesn't know that Jonathan is only out for a full day twice a week. Ugh, like I'd want to spend any more time there than I have too. It's not like she really wanted to see me, just Brandon. And she has her license, she just doesn't drive (I don't know why) so it's not like she couldn't visit here, but thank god she doesn't LOL.

Hmmm, epic post again, time for bed I think.

8-[ 8-[ 8-[
    Sleep alert....

7pm feed & straight to sleep
    12.30am - feed & straight to sleep
    4.45am - feed & up 20 minutes back to sleep
    7.30 wake up!!!

\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

9.30 back for a nap!

So I'm off to shower.... hope you all had a good sleep too!!

WOOOOHOOOOOO Christy!!!! \/ That is fantastic!!! Well Done Matilda!!! =D>

LOL Susan, I guess that is a pretty wierd dream!! I usually have very bizzare ones too, only I always forget the major details of them within 5 minutes of waking up. Except for my apocolyptic & alien dreams... I always remember those ones, lol...

YAy for Matilda!

Yeah, I had that dream a while ago now. For the last week, I've been having dreams that were weird, and disturbing me, but all I could remember the second I woke up was that my dream was disturbing, and I don't know why.

On the sleep note, I rolled onto Brandon this morning. :-s He was asleep in the bed next to me, and I didn't realise DP had put him so close, so when I rolled from my side on to my back I rolled on to his arm, and almost woke him up. He wasn't happy, but went back to sleep. Good thing I only rolled lightly!

Hi girls,
    I am here oh so quickly, I can't believe that Jessica is 1 month already. I didn't try to read the 20 pgs of posts just the last one, and I see many familiar names, so hello to everyone and I can't wait to catch up.

Jessica has been smiling in the last week and she is sooo cute. She is starting to bald and is a little spotty, but still gorgeous. All four of my kids are almost identical as babies and it is amazing to look at pictures of them at the same ages and see the same face staring back each time.

The most sleep Jessica has had at a stretch is about 6 hours. I was spoilt with my 3rd, Jemma, as she slept through from 3 weeks, but the other 2 took till 9 weeks so I guess i will have to be patient. It may help if I go to bed early.
    Best scoot off now and get some shuteye.
    Best wishes Michelle

Welcome Michelle!!!!
    Geez the time really does fly doesn't it? and we are getting very busy in here now too, its great!!!
    Love your new avatar btw!

Not much to report really, except for Aidyn was a nightmare to settle last night, took us over 2 hours!! I think it was because he had such a fantastic play session with DP that he got way too overstimulated and worked up to sleep! So I told DP that its fantastic that he is playing with Aidyn so well, but just not to do it so close to his bedtime next time, LOL.

I dont have much planned for today... I figure I'm going to be out every day for the rest of the week, so I might take it really easy and just stay at home today...

Well girls I am out of this thread now

My baby is 6mths old today *WAAAH*

Love :hbeat:

Wow Kathryn!!! YAY for Lachlan!! but sad that you are moving out, have no fear in a few months we'll be moving along with you!!

Welcome Michelle!! Good to see you in here as well now!

Well... we didn't have as good of sleep as we would have if we hadn't been surprised at 5.30pm with a babysitter!! So I got to take DH out for a birthday dinner just the two of us! We had to bring Matilda to her godparents house and she went straight to sleep so we went out for dinner! It was great just going out... And we came back and Matilda slept the whole time, so we hung out with our friends for hours, but got home at 10.30 which doesn't help too well because Matilda woke up once we got home & wanted a play etc, so we did & got her back to sleep after an hour, then she woke up twice more and then at 7am! so she did well but I'm tired now...lol....

I hope you are all going well....

BTW...big question, Matilda has been doing the sloppiest dark green poos all week.... :-k ... at first I was willing to put it down to teething, but should it be going on this long?? I might have to figure out a way to the Dr without the car sooner rather than later.... but got an appt with the child health nurse which is off the train line so easier to get too...

Happy 6 month birthday to little Lachlan!!!
    LOL Kathryn, please stay in here and still talk too us till we can join you in the next thread!!

Christy - is it the sloppiness, or the dark greeness that concerns you??
    As Aidyn's poos have been a pretty vile dark green for ages. I think its the formula that makes it that colour, and because you are adding solids too that would also be adding to it.
    His poos are still semi sloppy as well, but we get a real sloppy one at least once a week, LMAO!!! (sorry for TMI!!)
    Thats lovely that you and DH got to go out for his birthday!

:-k :-k I forgot about formula being different to bf poos... they are a sloppy with chunks consistency...lmao! You gotta love how we discuss poo here...
    so I think thats what concerned me... but I'm not so concerned after reading your post...thanks!

YvetteE Guest

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd pop in and introduce myself. My name is Yvette and I am a mum to two beautiful boys. Finlay is 3 years old and Cohen is now 4 months old. They are both very special because they were born via IVF.

I am currently at home enjoying my maternity leave and loving every minute of it.

My husband's name is Jordan and we live in Kellyville in Sydney.

I hope to join you in a chat and compare notes!

:wave: Hi! YvetteE! Glad to see you come in to this thread! Just jump right on in... its hard to keep up sometimes...and I'm on everyday...lol...

How is Cohen going? He's around the same age as Matilda, well maybe a few weeks older...

Hi Yvette!!!
    Great to see you in here!!! Can't wait to hear all about your little boys! Gotta say, I love their names!!!!
    Looking forward to chatting with you!

Marcia Guest

Argh! Haven't been on the comp for a couple of days and just took ages to read everything I've missed. And now I can't remember what anyone said lol.

Welcome Yvette! As Christy said, jump right in. Just have to say I love the name Yvette. It is just beautiful.

Hi again Michelle! Nice to see you are in here now. IKWYM about going to bed early lol. I always say that I should go to bed early and then I would be able to get a better sleep, but it never happens!

Christy - IKWYM about the poo talk in here lol. It makes me laugh when I think about what my conversations consist of since becoming a mum. Anyway, ditto on what Ambah said about bf and formula poos being different. Hudson's have also always been green since we changed to formula. Not so much sloppy though, except for at the moment, but we are putting that down to him having a cold atm. Thanks for the reply re caesar recovery too. I was just wondering how long it took on average as I am really surprised how long my recovery is taking after a vaginal birth. I suppose it just depends on the circumstances of the birth either way.

Hi to everyone else that I have forgotten lol! Hopefully I will be able to get on here more often once Hudson gets over this cold and stops being such a cranky boy lol! Then I might be able to keep up

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast