Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: 1-6 mth General Chatter

It's that feeling of 'If I don't get this done I will have a screaming baby and nothing to feed him' panic.
    LOL Marcia, that is exactly what I mean!!

Aidyn is loving bathtimes too now (he used to hate them though) and he love kicking & splashing everywhere & usually ends up drenching me, & his dry towel!
    I'm very interested in swimming lessons for him this summer, but I have to wait until we move to find out where we can go. I would like to sort of make it a 'father & son' bonding experience... that is if DP thinks he's up to it... LOL

Kelly - sounds like fun taking the kids to the Show and the movies. Can't wait till Aidyn is older to do things like that!!
    and ROFL at using it as bribery material to get their rooms cleaned!!!

Susan - that may sounds simply easy meal to you, but I'm still not even sure how to just throw things together like that... If its harder than making homemade pizza, then I will usually need a recipe... 8-[

HUGE :hugs: Christy!!!
    I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

LMAO Ambah you sound like me when it comes to cooking. Speaking of strelising *looks at bottle in front on her* URGH !!

Lachlan upgraded to the next step formula today.. My baby is growing up WAAHHH

Love :hbeat:

Argh 11pm just had lachlan screaming in what sounded like pain got him up and tried to burp him could feel him burp but it wasn't coming out iykwim. Got a small bottle out and gave him some pear baby juice. He thought that was the best thing since sliced bread, did another burb that never came right out and has now gone back to bed with the odd murmer.

Well, we just got back. Poor Brandon woke up as we were almost home, looking at me as if to say, it's been three hours, can I have another bottle now? But he's been put to bed as he's already had all five for today. Heard him burbling before, so I have to wait for him to go to sleep so we can go to bed. Hope he hurries up!

Ambah, I'd be happy to teach you if you're ever in the neighbourhood! lol The way I started was packet mix meals, and adding extras, and slowly changing things till I could adapt pretty much anything to be what I wanted, like salad dressing to a pasta sauce. Just be prepared for meals that can't be eaten sometimes. XH had sandwiches for tea a few times because what I made just didn't work. But you learn from that.

hey there girls!! Thanks heaps for your thoughts yesterday, I think I'm just having an off week... and Matilda's sleeping habits this week haven't helped either...

Have any of you had your little ones wake up around 3-4am and decide its awake time?? Only then to wake up again at around 5.30am and decide the same thing #-o #-o #-o She's done this a few nights in a row where she's up. We've tried not changing her nappy, sometimes just settling her, sometimes trying to feed her, sometimes I've tried leaving her.... and then sometimes she's done a huge poo and we've had to change her sheets etc at 3.30am!!! Only to have her up and giggling and cooing at us as we are miserable and tired... one person dealing with Matilda and the other changing sheets & mattress pads etc... thats only happened the last three nights, but then she wakes up again thinking its awake time! ](*,) ](*,) sometimes taking over an hour to get back to sleep...

But she refuses to stay awake past 6pm, she just cracks it at that moment and will not quiet down until you put her in her cot, and she doesn't always go straight to sleep but just grumples for 10-15 minutes and then goes to sleep....

So... I'm tired. I've tried to not make Pete do too much in the middle of the night, but he did heaps last night because I was too upset to do anything and I went to bed at 8pm, didn't wake up for Matilda's first two feeds, in fact he brought her into me and had to wake me up to feed her one time and did her himself the other time, then he put her back to bed...

Anyway... she's happy today, but is so sleepy she starts getting tired after being awake only an hour and I'm trying to keep her up for longer periods during the day just to see if that will help [-o<

sorry for the epic post AGAIN... and I hope your dinners work out tonight lmao!!

Amelia was having a very unsettled sleep time yesturday. Only sleeping 20min at a time wher she normally leeps 1.5-2hrs most sleeps. I was geared up for a no sleep night last night but she slept from 10.30pm - 5.45am. It was my ds who wokke me at 12am crying for 1/2 hr with sore gums. Cutting 2yr molars(joy) Went back to bed in clothes thinking I would be up and down all night and didn't wake till Amelia woke me. Wooow. Having a much better day. Back to our usual routine of
    feeds- 6am, 9am, 12.30pm, 3.30pm, 6.30pm and 9.30pm. Hope it lasts. Breast feeding is also finally becoming natural to me. She is latching on better and my nipples are NOT sore anymore. Yay. As for steralising, I have to remind myself to steralise my pump at night as we pump one breast and freeze the milk for later, as I have too much in the mornings for her to drink both breats. I am so glad I don't have to go down the steralising road on a reg. basis. Although it is a reliefe when baby is 12mths and water and bottles do not have to be boiled/sterile.

Please note****I am not against anyone bottle feeding.

Christy, hope you are having a better day with Matilda.

Christy - yeah Aidyn used to wake up at like 4am have a feed and then be full of beans, squealing and want to play. I used to just put him in the bouncer and lie down on the couch next to him and try to doze...
    But now he seems to have learnt the difference between day night - if he wakes up before 5.30(when the sky is still dark) he will usually go back to sleep.
    I'm so sorry that you're not getting much sleep atm, it must be hard when Matilda is going to bed at 6pm and then waking at 3am, as it would hardly be practical for you or Pete to crash that early as well... BTW it sounds like Pete is a lovely DH helping you out with those night shifts! Not that I'm saying that he shouldn't, I just wish my DP would have taken a page from his book... he used to b*tch & moan really badly whenever I asked him for help in the wee hours.
    I [-o< that you have had a better day today and managed to get a few naps in. I hope you're not worrying about anything like housework and stuff atm, as that is unimportant. Sleep is the best thing for you right now, so whenever Matilda naps, you should try and take it really easy too...
    Big :hugs: for you...

Great to hear that your breasfeeding is going really well Rose!!! And it sounds like Amelia is getting into a nice routine!

Kelly, in one of your recent posts you mentioned that Asha was drinking less at certain times, well the same is for Aidyn atm. For the past week or so he is only drinking about half of his first morning bottle (no more than 120, out of 200ml) which I fing very strange as he goes 8 hours through the night with no food, I would expect him to be hungrier when he wakes up!?!

Lachlan has just gone through that as well Ambah, but he is slowly picking it up again.

Hi there girls! I'm pretty tired, but I thought I'd stop in while catching up in the PG forums! My goodness things happen quickly around here sometimes! LOL!

Matilda's still doing the same thing... I'm still tired lol....

I went to work today which was great and it was a full on day so now I'm going to have a lay down as soon as Matilda stops crying...

Marcia Guest

:hugs: to you Christy. As Ambah said, make sure you put yourself first before housework etc. and get in some sleeps when you can, and don't forget that you are doing an excellent job as a Mum. It sounds like you are coping really well considering the circumstances. I have to say that I think I would absolutely lose the plot if I was getting up every 2 hours still, so you are doing really well. And don't worry about your DH helping out at night, as the guys do get a break from the whole baby thing while they are at work. And even though they are still working I seriously believe that it is still a break from being responsible for another little person 24/7 and from the stress that it brings. If Hudson was up every 2 hours I know I would need and expect my DH to help out at least a bit. Maybe I'm just a hard ar$e lol :smt079

Just a quick one... I havent been on much in the last day or so, have been feeling really off with a tummy bug & fever & headaches. DP is starting to feel a bit unwell too, and Aidyn has a slight fever - but then again what else is new. I just [-o< that he doesnt get the tummy part... I really, really dont want him to have to go through that...

Aidyn is playing a really cute, new game with us atm!! He has started to play tug-of-war!!! He grabs one end of a bib or something, and we tug on teh other end saying 'give it to me!' and he will squeal and crack up laughing and try to pull it back, it is soooooo cute!!!

OK, good night from me, hopefully after a good nights sleep I will feel better tomorrow..

How cute Ambah!! Aidyn's so cute! I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling well!! Heaps of our friends have had an awful tummy thing with (TMI!!!) everything running... In fact its been all of our friends but two... :-k ... must be going around Brissy...

Had a better night... I went to bed at 8.30 LOL and Matilda woke up at 11 with DH and then I got up at 3 and then 6 she woke up & DH brought her into our bed where she bf for 30 minutes and just laid there with us in a family cuddle... or fuddle as we were calling it... was so sweet.

So... still a few wake ups but I slept from around 9 - 3!!! and 6 hours straight is rejuvinating!! Then I slept almost 3 more hours! Wow!! Both Matilda and Pete are asleep right now and I've done the dishes, bottles, etc and now get some good bellybelly time... (she only stayed awake until 7am and then got tired again and we put her in her cot & straight to sleep!!)

Off to buy a real car seat today... #-o Matilda is lifting her head up and holding is up while in the capsule and then getting angry about it...lmao... so she's a bit off the right weight, way off the right age,but she's only 1 cm off the right height :-k ... so we're not sure entirely what to do, to buy a 0-4 all in one thing, or try to get one that is for 6mths and up... she's too young for it, but I guess developmentally she's pretty close with all her holding her body up...

She did something hilarious yesterday, she was in her pram and obviously it wasn't up high enough because she grunted & next thing she was pulling her front half up off the pram, unfortunately she's still too uncoordinated and wound up keep going over until she was folded in half... she didn't like that too much but we were laughing at her...

Anyway... epic from me now that I'm a bit alive, I hope you girls are having a great weekend!

YAY!! So glad to hear you had a better night Christy!!!
    ROFL at Matilda folding herself over!!! That is hilarious!!!

Speaking of carseats, your post is what made me decide we should turn Aidyns seat around today! As he is already over the height and weight, but the CHN said to keep him facing reawards as long as possible, or at least until he's neck is strong enough (if you can pull them into a sitting position with their arms and they can keep their head & neck straight the whole way up, then they should be fine) DP is rather excited about doing it too cause now he can see Aidyn through the rearview mirror

This is going to sound crazy... but I think I dreamt about BB lastnight, cause when I woke up this morning I was convinced that Tootie had posted in here, but I can't see her anywhere, LMAO!!!!!
    Honestly, I must be going crazy...

Hi girls,
    Not feeling so good today. Upset tummy, headache, sore thoat. Hope I'm not getting anything as I don't want the rest of the family to get sick. I can't handle getting sick and having to try and look after everyone else either. I may just be over tired.
    Hope you are feeling better Ambah.
    Better go, Amelia is calling for me.

Ambah, Brandon can do that with his head now, but he is under the weight for turning around, so we will leave it for a bit.

We got a car Friday night!!!!!!!!!!!
    ILs aren't happy about it, they reckon we can't afford it, and a car that was only $600 (we didn't tell them it ended up being $700) off eBay will be more trouble than it's worth, but I just think they don't like the fact that we won't have to depend on them or borrowing their car to go anywhere now. We have to go there for tea again tonight, and we'll be picking up the car seat, and taking ourselves home. Yay!

This will also make it easier to look for a house, becuase we can inspect houses whenever we want to, and not just when they can spare the car. I really want to get out of this place before summer comes, as the house gets soo hot, and we don't have flyscreens on the windows.

That's so cute with the tug of war Ambah. Brandon does something similar with my hair. Only he doesn't let go, he just grabs it and pulls LOL.

Gotta go, I think it's dirty nappy time.

Woohoo on the car Susan that is fantastic news !!!

Re the carseats - Lachlan has been in a forward facing one for quite a while. It made life easier for us the capsule was a pain in the arse and he was getting to heavy to lug around in it. He just fine with it.

Melinda Guest

Ambah - you weren't dreaming, I HAD posted in here but now the post has disappeared. I'll have to check the other forums to see if there is a post or something about missing posts!!

I had my 6w check up last week and was told there are reasons why next time around I should have an elective caesar, so that will probably be the go, although the OB did say that if I wanted to, I could try for a normal birth, but I may end up with another emergency caesar. NO THANKS!! Jacob had a check-up last week as well and his weight is 5.10kg which is just above average for his age, but his length is 59cm which is in the 90th percentile and WAAAY above average for his age! He's one looong baby! We have his paedeatrician appt this Tuesday as well.

We just bought a new car seat for Jacob too. We had a capsule, but I have been finding it a bit difficult with a bad back (and diminished stomach muscles LOL) plus carrying it around has been making my elbow bad! Yes, I'm a walking disaster area LOL.

Rose - I hope you are feeling better soon! You poor thing!!

Susan - yayayay for the car!!

Marcia Guest

=D> Susan for you getting a car!! That will make life so much easier for you. LMAO at Brandons tug of war trick.

Ambah and Rose at being sick. I hope you are both feeling better soon.

Christy - Glad to hear you finally got some sleep.

Tootie - Sounds like Jacob is doing really well! How are you going with your recovery from the caesar? Sounds like you would prefer an elective caesar next time rather than risk it being an emerg. one. Hope you don't mind me asking but why is that? I must say that the idea of an elective caesar 2nd time around sounds really good to me atm as I'm still having a few issues with my postnatal recovery that I didn't really expect to have 10 weeks later. But then I haven't been through a caesar recovery, maybe it's a lot worse?

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast