Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, July '05

Oh Shannon - I hope the fasting thing goes OK today.
    I would suggest you wait out the time at the hossy, at least then everyone there knows what you are going through!!
    Good luck for the scan.
    Dee - Jenna had a tough time with her needles too, she was off colour for about 3-4 days, and then thankfully slept continuously for about 3 days!! We had to give her a bit of baby panadol when she was completely wound up, but to be honest, that was the first week we actually put her in her bass and walked away leaving her crying. Even Shane had had enough, and he has far more patience than I. She had a super runny bum, ran a fever, got quite croaky, and just wouldn't sleep. It was horrible. Hopefulyl Matthew does better for you.
    Fi

dee, matthew is so cute chloe has the kick n whirl carnival too

nurse came yesterday, shes doing home visits weekly till chloe is 6 mths old then fortnightly then monthly till she's 2..
    anyway she thinks chloe is lactose intolerant as she hasnt been putting on as much weight as she should be, and is doing runny dark green poo's which apparently means she isnt digesting properly.. shes also been extremly grumpy had a rough night with ehr last night, only just got her to sleep now were gunna get soem sachets of lactose free formula to try her on from thursday and see if she improves or not..

sorry no personals am really tired

take care
    Lesley

Hey everyone

Have a cat napper on my hands today, very cranky he was, think he is finally giving in and sleeping. Getting heaps more smiles now, he is still trying to laugh but he kinda ends up choking LOL, he will get there.
    My parents are back next week and Mum cant wait to see him, i feel bad when i tell her he is smiling as i know she is really jelous that she isnt here, but i dont carry on about it too much for her benifit.

Woke up so tired this morning, was so close to going back to bed and ditching school but talked myself out of it, glad i did now although still dead tired.

Fi: Hope Mason doesnt have the same reaction to his needles, it can be a hard time. I always timed Luke's for a friday so that if he had a crap few days i had hubby home to help out, will do the same this time.

Juliette: I had a swing for Luke and i loved it! So annoyed i dont have one already, have the fisher price linkadoos on raincheck at kmart, just waiting for it to come in!

Jo: Glad your night out went well

Michelle: Congrats on 2 months

Debbie: Mason only just started to wet through, but seems to have stopped again now, i will try out the fluffies if he keeps doing it, was reading in another site that someone said they babies must do a power wee and the nappy just cant absorb it that quickly, sounds logical i guess.

Shannon: Hubby seems to be having a better week so far LOL, its only Tuesday though And i am still laughing about the weight mix up! And the funniest part is, the gf i was talking to is doing a degree and was just learning about babies percentiles etc, so glad she aint out working yet in that field lol. Imagine the panicked mothers racing to doctors everywhere from her infomation!

Sorry to hear you have to fast Jessalyn tommorow, its hard i guess to know how to feed her to keep her going, maybe just do the big feed before like you said. Hope it all works out

Well anyway

take care
    Belinda

Fi - Sounds like Matthew is doing a Jenna with his needles, yep his nappies have been extremely runny since his vacs, did give him some Panadol last night in the hope it would calm him down, his cheeks where so red and he was so grizzly and over tired.

Shannon - poor Jessalyn, she`s going to be one little hungry girl, I think if I was in your position I`d feed her at 5.30 or even maybe 5, give her a big feed maybe a little play nappy change and hopfully another big feed and lets hope that will see her through. I`ll be thinking of you.

Tanya - Yes Matthew is very long, everyone comments on his length, and I guess even though he`s over 6kg he`s not fat but also not skinny, probably what you`d call well covered.

Belinda - Sounds like all is going well with you and yay at the smiles.

Lesley - sorry to hear Chloe may be lactose intolerant, it`s great that the nurse is coming so regularly.

After Matthew hardle sleeping all day yesterday he eventually went to sleep at 9.30pm (not without a fight) woke at 4.30am when Mark came home from milking and stirred on and off until he got up at 6.30am, think he was just so exhausted, he`s asleep again at the moment hopefully for 2 hours (I can only hope).

Thanks girls for your comments on Matthew - we think he`s cute too but then we`re bias

Take Care

Deeanne

Fi - I forgot to say yesterday yay at Jenna being 3 months, hasn`t the time gone so quickly

*Megan* Guest

HI Everyone

It has been such a long time since I have popped in, so I am very behind with the news....(thanks Shannon for the reminder that I had been away too long..)

Shannon - I hope that all goes well tomorrow. I will be thinking of you at 11am. Hope that Jessalyn manages the fast OK!

BIG Hello to everyone!!

All is OK here, except that I have mastitis! I also have a belly button hernia from being pregnant - has anyone else ever had one of these???

Finlay is doing well (but feeding all of the time - or so it feels anyway) - nearly 5 kilos - but he has caught my cold which is a bit nasty..poor love.

I had 4 hours sleep in a row last night so I feel like a new woman today. Hope that you are all sleeping OK!

Talk to you soon...

Megan

Shannon - Will be thinking of you tomorrow when you have Jessalyn's untrasound.

Lesley - Hope the change in formula helps Chloe.

We have been to a mothers group today and it was so nice to get out the house and meet new ppl. Alex slept the how time and he is the youngest there at the moment.

belmarks Guest

Forum Name: Belmarks
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 12 June 2005
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Coby Matthew
    Baby's Website: www.marks.bigpondhosting.com
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) Nil (yet...)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.)
    Coby was born almost a month early, he was delivered via emergency c section due to reduced fetal movements and distress. He was 5lb 8oz (2505g) and 45cms.

belmarks Guest

Hi everyone, I am just joining this thread as I've been extremely slack in getting on BB in the last month, I've been busy getting to know my little man and spending heaps of time with him.

Just wondering on the topic of mothers groups, how do you join/find one in your area??? Anyone got any tips??

Hope all your little miracles are doing well and I hope that all you new mummys are doing well too.

Welcome Bel and Coby

I found the mothers group through a number the CYN gave me. Maybe check with yours and see what they say.
    Good luck with finding one.
    The only thing that i would have liked more about the one i went to is that if they had more babies. Most if the kids where Kimberley's age.

Shannon - Hannah and I will be thinking of you and Jess tomorrow too. Like you say, it's another step closer to getting to the bottom of it all.

Good to see you again Megan! I was starting to worry! Not so good to hear that you've been battling mastitis though. That must be horrible. At least Finlay let you have a four hour sleep. Hope it gets better soon.

Wow Dee - 7 hours sleep in a row!!!! That's impressive. Though it's not much fun and pretty exhausting for Mum when they're fighting sleep all day long. Hope he's given you more of a break today.

Belinda - LOL @ Mason trying to laugh. They are so cute aren't they? I nearly got the linkadoo's one too - very colourful...but Mum and Dad got me the flutterbye one instead.

Weekly visits from the nurse sound great Lesley! Good to hear they're lookin' after you! Hannah had green poos for a little while there too - 'though it turned out to be too much iron in my breastmilk (from the pg multivitamin I was taking). Hope you can get to the bottom of it (hehehe - no pun intended) soon.

As for us...Hannah and I went to an ABA discussion morning tea thismorning. They were talking about breastfeeding and work - which was really interesting to me 'cos I haven't quite decided what to do about work yet. To be honest, I'd rather stay home with Hannah and be a full time Mum (if we can work out the $$$). I'm much less career focussed than I was.

Hannah is sitting here with me "talking" away. It is so cute. I say "ooooh" and she purses her little lips and says "ooooh" back and smiles. I love hearing her little voice (when it's not screaming the house down!).

I just rang the doctors and booked her in for her 2 month injections - on the 21st July (her 2 month 'birthday'). I am soooo not looking forward to it after the experiences of you girls!

Welcome Bel and Coby! I'm the same as Michelle - I got my info re: mothers groups through my Child Health Nurse. I haven't been yet, it starts in 2 weeks time.

Hi all

Did try posting earlier but Erykah thought otherwise. She is now sleeping and we did not have a bad night I was still up frequently and she has still been feedin often. So must be a growth spurt. Anyone tell me how long they tend to last is it a couple of days?

Shannon- Will be thinking of you tomorrow and hope Jesslyn does not get too stressed if she does get hungry - poor thing

I am looking forward to my mother and baby group but it does not start for a couple more weeks. I am looking forward to meeting people in my area. I do sometimes feel a little isolated. We have been in Oz 18months now but as I went straight to work I do not know anyone in my immediate area not even the neighbours.

The friends I do have all work so I am hanging out to meet other mums.

Anyway must go as I need to get tea on for hubby coming home and I can hear a squeak from Erykah

Jo

hi girls, just so you know I've started a new thread here

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567