Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, July '05

Alex is 2 months old today not sure where the time has gone.
    He had his injections this morning and he cried when she was doing them he is now fast asleep after his feed so i am hoping he will be ok.

I am feeling much better DH is back at work and Kimberley is still up and down with her moods so i take it she is still not 100%.

Jo - Well done on getting some sleep. It is hard and i have no real advice i have only just got Alex waking twice a night so it does take time.

Shannon - The other day you said the girls went to see Disney on Ice did they enjoy it ?? I was thinking of taking Kimberley but DH said she would not sit still long enough to watch it.

Fi - Goodbye for now.

Thanks guys - see you all soon.....
    Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

Michelle - happy 2 months to Alex! It IS going fast, hey? I still have to pinch myself when I think that Gabby is almost 4 months. Sounds like Alex might be like Gab after her injections. She just slept and slept. She didn't feed much either. She was fine the next day tho! I am kind of hoping she is the same for her 4 month ones.

Juliette - good to hear you got some decent sleep! It's amazing how fresh you feel after a few extra hours, hey? I hope Hannah keeps it up

Jo - yay for more sleep for you too. Hopefully it becomes less broken for you soon.

Shannon - I hope you cope ok with Corey gone for a couple of days. Neil has to go to Fiji in August for a week and I am not sure how I will go either. I think that I will be on the blower to Mum a lot! LOL

Belinda - how are Mason's nappies going? I put one of those fluffy things over Gab's nappy at night. It seems to help distribute the moisture around the nappy better so it absorbs to it's max. AND she doesn't leak through to her clothes. Good to hear he is feeding better. It must be a relief for you.

Could Erykah be experiencing a growth spurt? She is feeding loads seems hourly but more like 1 1/2 to 2 hourly. She is more awake during the day which is a good thing as then I should be able to get her to sleep better at night.

I am following the feed,play,sleep method and making sure she is awake at least 1 hour from her starting her feed not letting her nod off like I used to.

Looked at the house and the bathrooms need cleaning but it can wait until tomorrow. Wonder if tomorrow will ever come!!!

Off to chill in front of the TV while Erykah sleeps

Will pop in again later

Jo

Hey Jo....Hannah's asleep at the moment too. I tried chilling out in front of the TV, but OMG daytime TV is so crap!!! Sometimes the midday movie is ok, but today it's pretty iffy. I really should study or do something productive. Have made the bed and cleaned the kitchen, but I couldn't be bothered doing anything else! I don't think I'm very good at this staying home all day thing! Usually Hannah and I go out once during the day, but I couldn't justify it today...no money at the end of the fortnight, and petrol is too expensive to just go out for no real reason. So....you guys are stuck with me for the day!

Debbie Lee Guest

Jo - it definitely sounds like a growth spurt. It's certainly good to follow the feed, play, sleep method. That's what I do - though I didn't start doing it on purpose. It just kind of all fell in to place! Sometimes it will go: feed, play, feed, sleep if Gabby has been up for a while (she now stays awake for about 2 hours including her feed now). Just remember - good sleep promotes good sleep. So, if Erykah sleeps well during the day, she will only sleep better at night. It's funny how it works!

That is so true Debbie. At my 6 week check, my ob said to "keep her up as much as possible during the day so she'll sleep at night". So not a good idea! Luckily the CHN set me straight and let me in on the "good sleep promotes good sleep" secret. Hannah sleeps much better at night when she's had a couple of good naps during the day.

Jo - I meant to say re: the growth spurt - Hannah definately feeds more when she's growing quickly. They reckon that most babies have a growth spurt at around 6 weeks (though every baby is different - Hannah was more like 5 weeks).

Hi all

Juliette
    - I watch UKTV during the day on foxtel. being a POM and couldn't agree more that the TV on normal channels is crap during the day.

Erykah is currently laying on her play mat gurgliing bless her.

As for the good sleep promotes good sleep it did me no good last week. She sleeps like an angel during the day but was a horror last week in the night. I am making her stay awake at least an hour from the beginning of her feed before she sleeps otherwise she would just eat and then sleep during the day.

I let her sleep for 4 hours from the beginning of her feed or less if she wakes naturally and will see how we get on.

Could not believe how easy the dreamfeed went I was dreading waking her up but she just latched on and fed calmly for 25 mins.

We are going for a walk soon I have spent way too much this last week and have to cut back. It is so easy though I can justify buying her everything!!

Juliette
    - I am lucky in that my car is a lease car through Hubby's work so I can go out in the car without worrying about petrol costs as it is all included.

bieleemorris - Erykah is 5wks and 2 days so maybe it is a growth spurt as I was a little amazed at how I could settle her easily last night but she was waking hungry hourly for a few hours.

Best go and get ready for my walk

Jo

I loved UKTV Jo!!! We used to have cable TV when we lived in Brissy. Now I'm stuck with plain ol' free to air channels. At night they're ok, but during the day it's crap.

Do they have "Allo 'Allo" on UKTV at the moment? I used to love that show as a kid. My dad's a pom, and I grew up on a good diet of British TV. I much prefer British humour to US (I Love Ab Fab, and Monty Python etc.) Lucky the ABC still has some good stuff on it.

I sooooo miss my company car. I had to give it up when I went on maternity leave. I'm not used to having to worry about petrol prices. Now I'm collecting the Woolies reciepts to save a couple of cents here and there. I especially notice it when I drive to Brisbane, now that my work isn't paying for it. You're a lucky duck!

It does sound like a growth spurt with Erykah. Hannah went through all that a couple of weeks ago (and again recently).

Shannon - monthly pay must suck! I remember you mentioning that once before. You must be getting good at budgeting though?!

Thanks for the temperamental little girl warning. I consider myself duly warned!

Jo - I also love watching UKTV not sure what i am going to do once we get rid of it. Friday nights is my fav night for watching it.
    Growth spurts are always funny i keep saying Alex is always on one.

Debbie - The time does seem to go so fast.

Alex just woke so grumpy for a feed and only took 60mls and is back to sleep again. At least he is sleeping and not screaming still.

Juliette- No allo allo is not on UKTV at the moment. I used to watch this as a kid also. In fact I have seen most of what they show on UKTV but I can sit through Coronation St again.

I also love Abfab was addicted to this when I was at Uni 10yrs ago. God how time flys seems yesterday I was drunk constantly and supposedly studying (best time of my life - hope Erykah decides to go one day).

As for monthly pay it is the norm in the UK and we find it hard to get used to fortnightly pay for DH. All the bills are monthly so it is harder IMO to budget on fortnightly pay. I get paid monthly from work on the 15th but this goes into our savings so I don't really look forward to payday as I don't get to see it.

I think we plan to go back to the UK for a holiday and so my grans can meet Erykah next year. DH is from Sri Lanka originally and has family there aswell as the UK. We have decided to go to Sri Lanka once Erykah is old enough to appreciate it however his Gran is in her 90's and so I don't want to leave it too long. Also I get the chance to hit the beach. I love it there. Oh hears me dreaming again.

We have not had a holiday since arriving in Oz and I am used to 2 a year when we lived in the UK. Though we get enough decent weather on weekends to make up for the lack of holidays. We had to go away from the UK just to get decent weather for our hols.

Listen to me waffling on. Best go get on I have a few things I want to do before Missy wakes up.

Jo

I`ve just logged onto BB and mister has decided to wake up, it`s been one of those days with him today, has been going like this since 2.30 this morning.

Sorry can`t talk girls. If your interested I`ve updated Matthew`s site

Hopefully will be back on here soon

Take Care

Deeanne

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL Shannon - I wish I could go to Fiji with Neil. Definitely next time. His boss said he would pay for Gabby's and my passports. We'll go up for a week or so and have a holiday after Neil finishes work for a week. Should be good!

Hey Dee - just to let you know the website didn't work... I was hoping to see some new shots of you guys too.
    Fi

It seemed to work for me just now Dee.... very cute (all of you!) Is that last photo the kick n whirl carnival?

Ok - sometimes I'm a little impatient! This time I waited more than 5 seconds, and sure enough, photos downloaded! Very cute Dee!

Juliette - Yes it is the kick N whirl carnival, it kept Matthew occupied for a while today while I finished mopping the floors, he hasn`t mastered kicking = music yet but will do within time.

Michelle - Yay @ Alex being 2 months, the time sure goes so quickly. I hope Alex doesn`t have a reaction to the needles.

Sorry I haven`t done too many personals but I`m really tired and Matthew is a cranky bum today, we`re thinking his needles are still giving him a hard time, he`s just not a happy little man and has been up most of today since 2.30am.

Take Care

Deeanne

Dee, Mat is sooo cute!! He looks like (from his pics) that he is going to be long and skinny... Or are your pics giving me a false impression? Either way is is adorable!

Tanya

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast