Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, November '05 #2

Wow Tracey what bargains - well done! Your girls are so lucky to have you as their mummy! Interesting about the Balinese and solids too. Maybe that it may partly be why they are generally lean people! I won't stress about a bit of mango then.

Linda - I was induced at 37 weeks 6 days due to high BP. Lucie was pretty small when she was born and honestly I don't think she was ready at all to come out then. We left hospital after 6 days following a struggle to breast feed. She was the sleepiest baby ever and would not attach so I was expressing and bottle feeding her, and still she wasn't taking very much. Less than 24 hours after going home I was freaking because I couldn't get her to drink anything more than about 10ml. Anyway to cut a long story short we ended up in hospital for another 4 days - her jaundice levels were waaaaaaay up (so annoyed they didn't test this in hospital initially - they thought it 'looked ok'!) so she was tube fed and put under the fluoro lights. So it was all pretty stressful and I guess I now am particulalry sensitive about her and the whole feeding thing. I won't be going back to the hospital when I have number 2 I don't think - I wasn't impressed at all and I was a private patient and foolishly thought that would mean better care. I think I'll be public next time.

Well after Lucie had a very very low appetite all weekend (make that about the last 4 days) - stressed her mother out no end and we were even contemplating hospital last night again. So anyway, plan was to weigh her again today (I do every Monday) and if she'd lost weight, then we'd get concerned. So despite a VERY ordinary week, little miss porker has gained 210g!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I need to accept the fact that she just doesn't have a huge appetite and doesn't need a lot of food to put on weight. Not something she will appreciate when she's 18 I'm sure!

I need to take a chill pill I think

Oh and a BFN for me - kinda relieved, need to move and get resettled first, but we still won't prevent anything happening in the meantime.

Wow what an epic post - sorry!

Ellissa I would love to see some photo's too - email [email protected] ta!

Tracey sounds like you got bargins galore there well done! It definately pays to know people in the right places

Im off to buy some nappies, I think I only have about 3 left arrrghhh! I bought a box on the weekend but I think I had my baby brain on and got totally the wrong size and they are HUGE on Leah, I seriously dont know what I was thinking at the time Guess she has to grow into those ones whooops!

Soph, you might find she will drink more this week & gain less weight (hope that don't make you panic) but she may have growth spurts & so she drank little last week coz she wan't growing & so needing less.
    Indah is a chubber & some days she only breast feeds every 6ish hours & then over night sleeps approx 7-9hours!
    I have no idea how much she is drinking as I am breastfeeding, but I have expressed a few times when I thought my supply lowish & got 260ml from my boobs! \/
    But I know with Maddy she goes through times when she is always hungry (uncommon for her & probably at those times she is still eating less than average kids would) she gets (for her) chubby & short looking, then all of a sudden she is super thin again & has grown out of pants (admittedly it's only once or twice a year) that she grows outta anything (if she's lucky) She is 7 on Nov 26th & is still in size 10 & 11 little kids shoes! Most of her friends are in sizes 2 & 3 ladies! so she is tiny! But I don't worry that is just her! Most people guess her age as 3! She used to hate it, but now she doesn't care.
    People watch her & then say "WOW" she is so clever, or has perfect speech or can read so well for a 3 yr old! When they find out she is almost 7 they are amazed!
    So relax now Lucie is just gonna be a petite baby & hopefully girl when she is older...

I kind of buy X-mas gifts during the year when things are on SALE as it's easier to do it that way rather than a big shop for things in Dec!

Oh well, maybe once ya all settled into your new place you'll get a BFP!!!

Amanda,
    i know it does help to know someone!!! hee hee!
    I use cloth nappies & so glad there's no chance of running out, but will have to buy a dryer before winter next year!!! Or I will never have any to use, they'll all be on the line!

Just wrapped maddy's Nintendo DS & Nintendogs game she has been itching for, so it's for her B'day. But no party this year & she has to maintain her chores which are keeping her room tidy & picking up Poppy's droppings weekly!
    If she doesn't I will get the Nintendo!!! \/

Hi!

Well, Louis gave me the biggest smile yesterday. The one I thought I had the other day was nothing compared to this! As he was stirring in the pram I went over to him and he was having his big stretches and he opened his eyes and gave me the biggest gummy grin! It lasted for ages too, he was still smiling when I picked him up! Woo hoo. I had tears in my eyes! It was the cutest thing I've ever seen!

Anyway... lucky he smiled then because he's been a little terror! hehe. I didn't get a very good nights sleep and he's not too into sleep at the moment. He's definitely wanting to be up for at least 1h 1/2 for each feed. I put him down on the playmat this morning and he loved looking at everything. The only thing is I'm not very good at working out when he's tired and then he ends up crying. If I put him down too awake he cries too - I just don't think I'm going to win at the moment. It doesn't bother me that he's up so much if he heads more towards a 4 hour feed but it's when he's up for 1 1/2-2h and then wants a feed at 2 1/2 h.....

Tracey - Sounds like some great buys! I think it's great that your daughter has her chores to do! I think kids need to know they don't just get everything for nothing.

Soph - I'm sure your bubba is doing just fine. It's so easy to worry though. I had that a couple of days ago because Louis started feeding every 2 1/2 hours and I didn't feel like I had much milk. I was worried he wasn't getting enough but I'm sure he'll be fine.
    Wow on thinking you might have been p/g. I don't know if I could go through all of this again so soon. You're very brave - hehe!!

Elissa - Congratulations!! I would also love to see some photos - [email protected] What a big day for you all!

Linda - Hope you're going well! I hope Emma has settled down for you. It's so tough sometimes.

Nixie - Wow on all the presents! I've got some good ideas from you though!

To anyone I've missed hope you're all doing well. I wonder what we'd all do for an 8 hour UNINTERRUPTED sleep right now????? hehe

Ah sorry Kristie I get the 8 hours, but remember I get the feeding stresses instead LOL!

Tracey - Maddy is such a gorgeous girl. And you are so right - Lucie is such a happy and contented baby (mostly that is - apart from when someone tries to shove a bottle in her mouth!). So I'm just going to try and take a deep breath and relax. And I don't mind her being petite. A friend of ours had a HUGE baby girl with the funniest HUGEST head.

Amanda - Ah it's just baby brain making you buy the wrong nappies. I nearly ran out this morning too. Got some at the supermarket and the Baby Love ones were on sale. I much prefer Huggies but seeing as we are not going away anywhere for the next week or so, I'll use Baby Love at home and save a few $$$'s

Oh well better clean the house a bit and then take the monkey for a walk. Fed her again at 11 and she took 120ml (admittedly very slowly). I'm going to wait until about 3.30 if I can to feed her more. She (touch wood) seems to be a bit keener if she has a bit more of an appetite.

I fed Indah this morning at 8am, she slept from 11pm, (I was watching this silly Indian Bollywood movie nursing her & she was contented til about 11:15pm) So I fed then put her down she grizzled during the night, but as i was getting up she settled, so i didn't bother!!!
    Anyway I fed at about 8am this morning & she woke again at 1, I have given her some boob & now she is playing & ooohing & aaahing at her kick n whirl carnival...
    She will probably feed again around 5 or 6, then I will try to keep her up & bath her as late as possible as then she sleeps thru!!!! hee hee!

Soph, you'll see she is fine!!!!

Well Soph, its good you havent got the BFP now, but i hope when the time is right after you move that it comes easily for you!! thanks for sharing about Lucie's hospital stay, that must have been such a tough time for you. i just looked at her piccis though - she looks like such a healthy little girl!! she may not feed a lot but she definately looks very well, so i guess there cant be too much going wrong. and like you said, she may just be a baby who doesnt need a lot of food to thrive!

Kristie - yay on that huge smile!! that must have been great!

Tracey - bet you cant wait to use that Nintendo!! LOL. WTG with all those bargains!!

amanda - LOL about the nappies!! oops!

Emma was in such a good mood this morning. she made little squealing sounds like she was talking to me. i would talk to her, then when i stopped she would 'talk'. it was just awesone!!! i love all these new things that happen to make us so excited!

Oh - love your new ticker Soph!!

help...
    what do I put for my new ticker?

which one do I use/

PHEW got it now!!!

Just gotta get more pic's, so i can get a better one!!!

Tracey - That is a great pic! Reassuring that your feeds are so spaced out too. Gives you a bit more time between feeds too. Maybe that's what I've been doing wrong.

Linda - yay for yourlittle chat with Emma - so cute isn't it? I do this thing to Lucie and go "ooooh" and she smiles. She now does it back sometimes! So cute.

Ah she is grizzly now - tired I think. She has been awake since about 9.30 which is not like her at all!

ok i will make my entrance here tomoprrow officially as princess turned 1 month yesterday,cant wait to chat with you all,gotta love having a gossip,
    hey linda have you heard from katkins at all?????i havnt heard from her since her baby was born
    nikki

Welcome Nikki...

Soph, that's a long time she has been awake, but I find days like that with Indah too.

I get my Mum ti come & sit here now when I go to get maddy from school, or else I have to wake Indah & she expects another feed, but then is all out of sorts!!!

Hi Nikki - look forward to catching up with you more!! No, she hasnt been posting in here either. i hope all is well.

Grr - Louis is having 2 hourly feeds all of a sudden. I thought I might be able to stretch him out a bit but he's really screaming....not happy.

Anyone have any ideas of why he might be doing this or what I can do to stretch them out again????

Thanks

Kirsty77 Guest

OMG you girls can talk!Am going to have to go back and catch up.....may take a while!hehehehe

Gemma is finaly asleep again.Gem has been having 2 hourly feeds today to Kristie.Don't know why she must just be really hungry.I've tried the cooled boiled water trick to try to stretch out between feeds but she just screamed more at me..........couldn't stand to see that bottom lip and tears again!

LOL Kirsty - i know!! we are talkers arent we!!

Kristie - when Emma has days like that i just try to go with it. i know it is frustrating, i always try to tell myself that it means she will go longer through the night (doesnt ussually happen, but it keeps me happier through the day). i think it probably is just a growth spurt or maybe the heat?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast