Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, November '05 #2

Good morning ladies!

Yvette, lovely to see you again! Lol, you poor thing! I cant imagine how hectic it would be to have two little ones. The fact that you are on here at all makes you my hero!
    Krisvee, I am glad Louis is back on track, what a cute pic! I am glad I have you some christmas present ideas, spoiling the kid has to be good for someone, lol. I know it seems like a lot of stuff, but its really for Isaacs benefit, if Reilly was an only child I would just buy stuff through the year, but this way they get an equal number of gifts and I dont have to buy anything for Reilly until his birthday.
    Welcome Kazzy and Nicole, and your bubbas! Hope to chat lots!
    Tracey, I think I might give the rice cereal a go, Reilly is such a hungry boy!
    Thanks for the tip about the green stools, I will keep an eye out for that.
    Soph, I think the idea of the two of you in matching dresses is just gorgeous, I cant wait until I have a little girl!

Well, I saw my ob yesterday for my 6 week check (a bit late, I forgot to book and then they couldnt fit me in straight away) and I am fine. My ob says you cant even see where my stitches were, and everything is all back to where it should be, so he has given his blessing for us to try again!!!! I am very pleased, I wanted to do it anyway but this makes me feel a bit better about it, iykwim?
    Reilly is doing well, smiling all the time and has started to do this little belly chuckle which i love, its so adorable! He usually does it for daddy though, they play a game where Reilly sticks his tongue out and DH pushes it back in, and Reilly just thinks its hilarious!

*Yvette* Guest

Wow Soph, Lucie was born the same day as Lauren and Asha. Lauren was too sleepy to feed well for the first 2 weeks, & was close to needing to go back to hospital, so I can relate to all that. It's so hard not to worry isn't it. Lauren is still a skinny little thing next to her sister, but catching up ever so slowly. I got a shock when I read you thought you might be pregnant again. It doesn't seem that long since I stopped bleeding from the birth, let alone had another period, where's the time gone. I shouldn't worry though, I'd have to actually have sex to concieve wouldn't I

Kristie, I know what you mean about the smiles. It's just magic isn't it.

Tracey, good on you having Christmas sorted already. I'm not even ready to think about it yet.

Hi Nixie. Ah yes, I remember you, lol. Good to see you & Reilly are doing well.

Hi to everyone else too. I'd like to be more thorough, but typing one handed with baby on knee.

well a bit about me and chantelle.she was born 13th oct,weighed 5p 13 oz(2.6 kilos)
    very healthy via c/section.she has adjusted to life very well and is generally a placid good baby.my scar had a few probs with gapping holes that wouldnt heal and infection but we are on the mend now.she sleeps preety good at night waking for 1-2 feeds and is always restless between 5-7 so gets into bed with me and sucks away on my breast to her own desire.i have 2 older boys corey7 and james 10.they adore there little sister and are very helpful and have adjusted to the new adision really well.i am a nurse and am already thinking about returning to work.i will prob go for a new job though in a local hospital and try to get 1-2 shifts a week during the evening when dh is home,i couldnt put her into childcare yet,we dont have family to help with baby sitting,i will prob start working when she is about 6 months old,we will see.we have a laborador and she gave birth to 12 pups,we have kept one and she is adorable and naughty,she is 9 weeks old now,
    we are still waiting for our first smile from chantelle,she is a month old now so i am guessing it wont be long.she likes to be carried around a bit through the day so house work is a task with one hand and an aching back.today she has been lovely and settled snoozing most of the morning on the couch.as far as routine goes we go with the flow and let her tell us what she wants when she wants it.i do bath her every evening at about 7.30,then feed and cuddle her and put her to bed at about 8.30,she usually goes off to sleep and wakes at about 2 am for a feed and back to bed,she will wake again at about 4-5 for another feed(bugger) and then is unsettled for the rest of the morning.i am not complaing as my first had me up every hour on the hour.chantelle is about 3.8 kilos now and is growing nicely.we havnt had any probs with skin irratations as of yet.well that about susms it up i guess for now.its great to be here and cant wait to chat with you all more soon.
    nikki

hey girls i have just created a new ticker from babysfirtsite but cant seem to find how to copy it into my signature,any ideas?
    nikki

Ellibam Guest

hi all
    i emailed some piccys to those who asked hopefully you get them!!
    we went in to the city yesterday and makon had his first piccys taken with santa at the magic cave! he was soo cute had this kind of shocked look on his face like he wasnt sure what was going on!!
    welcome nicole,kazzy
    hi yvette its been a while good to hear the girls are going well.
    Soph how cute that you get to dressup with lucie.

i think makon is getting craddle cap. any one know of a good way to get rid of it??
    gotta go hang out the washing
    catchya later

Hi everyone, we have just been for a nice long walk and Emma is now having a sleep & I will be too as soon as I finish my lunch!!

Nikki - good to see you in here. glad Chantelle is doing so well. As for your ticker, i dont know, have you tried a second time just in case there was something wrong? I vaguely remember having to do mine twice, but cant remember why now.

Speaking of tickers - everyone seems to have new ones all of a sudden!! i am so used to knowing everyone by thier tickers and now I am so confused!!

Yvette - good to see you in here - although not for long by the sounds of it! glad your girls are doing well, you are an amazing woman to do what you do!

Nixie - well TTC again!! wow! I hope it happens for you soon. good on you!

Ellissa - I got your photos, thanks for sending them - you looked amazing!! what a gorgeous dress!! The day looked perfect! I bet you are still glowing with happiness!!

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey Everyone

Ellissa-can I be emailed pics too please??????

Wow on TTC again Nixie!WTG on getting the all clear from the doc.Well Corey and I <<ahem>>>bd'ed last night with no protection, we ran out of condoms!oops!Hopefully there were no eggies around.Don't think I have anything to worry about as AF still hasn't arrived after I had Gemma. #-o

Sorry short selfish post as Gem has woken up.......

Hi All!

Where has the time gone? Benjamin is 6 weeks old today. I put him on the scales yesterday and he's put on 500g. He's 6.2kgs now. DH keeps whinging that his arms hurt when he carries him. I made the mistake of not taking his pram into the shopping centre with the SIL last week. My arms were aching after 1 hour in the shop. I had to keep trying to find a seat to get a repreve.

Is anyone finding it hard getting their babes asleep when they are over tired? Benjamin has taken too screaming the place down when he's over tired, I've had to sing to him the last couple of days just to get him to sleep.

Melissa

Melissa - Yes!! I find it hard to get Emma to sleep when she is overtired, or when we have been out and she has had lots of different people in her face etc. I just wrap her really tight, put the dummy in and hold her really tight against me and talk to her. It takes a while, but at least i know i am comforting her while she is feeling so cranky at being overtired.

OMG Melissa your boy is HUGE! Lucie is 12 weeks tomorrow and is about 5.2kg!

Kirsty - Ooooh you might end up pg sooner than you thought!

Linda - Ah it's hard to manage to eat isn't it? Some days it will get to like 2 in the arvo and I'll realise I haven't eaten yet!

Ellissa - I'm with ya on the cradle cap. I haven't done anything about it yet (it's not that bad) but I did here to rub olive oil onto it after a bath.

Nicole - I bet that smile is just around the corner!

Yvette - Ah the feeding dramas - nice to know someone really understands!. You are BF though aren't you?

Nixie - Are you going to start trying again?

Kristie - Yay for Louis playing!

Kazzy - Have you got your aircon sorted? Lucky thing - we don't have it and we are in QLD!

Kirsty77 Guest

Yep Gemma is a nightmare to get to sleep when shes overtired too. She has now started to, when she has had enough bottle just before bed, spit it out and just start crying at me! It normally takes me a few minutes to figure out shes had enough and just wants to go to bed! Infact most afternoons she is quite unsettled and doesn't like to nap so I just put the dummy in and hug her really close and pat her bum and this normally does the trick.

Melissa-LOL at DH saying Benjamin hurts his arm when he carries him!Corey complains that Gemma does but she only weighs 5.4kgs!

Arhhh its pure bliss here.......Gem is actually having an afternoon nap!! \/ Yeh....<<<<happy dance>>>>>

Lucie is napping to Kirsty after our walk - oops spoke to soon, she's stirring now. Yesterday she only had a 1 hour sleep between 9.30am and 7pm - not like my sleepy baby at all!!!! And you know the funniest thing is that now i actually have the most success feeding her when she IS half asleep LOL,

Louis was pretty good today - but lets see what the night brings...

Melissa - YES! Although I miss the signs everytime I think. But then sometimes I have just as much trouble when I put him to bed and he's wide awake. I definitely think I overfeed him sometimes but it's so hard to know. He really struggles when I let down and most time he breaks off because there's just too much coming out for him! I keep putting him on but then sometimes he just screams because he must have wind. I wish they could tell us what they wanted!

Elissa - Great Photos! It's such an exciting day, it looks like you had a fantastic time!
    You reminded me to get santa photos! hehe, I nearly forgot!

Nixie - Yeah on the check up - that's great news!

Nikki - Glad to hear that Chantelle is doing well.

Sorry, just a quick one from me tonight - I'm wrecked. I think I'm going to head off for bed...

Louis slept the most he every has last night! He had a bath and a feed and wouldn't settle for ages but was in bed by 8.30-9pm then slept until 1.45am! Woohoo. It was also the most sleep I've had since he arrived because I was out of it by 9.30pm. hehe. He then slept through to 5.45 again!

It's amazing how good you feel after a few hours sleep in a row!

I think we're going to try dh with a dream feed tonight with a bottle of expressed milk around 10.30 to see if he'll sleep a bit longer for his Mum!

Yay Kristie!!! you must feel great after that sleep!!

Emma had a pretty good night last night, I was up 3 times in total, but not for long. I think that is going to be about our average for a while and I can cope with that (especially since I had a nap yesterday afternoon)

Well, DH and I BD last night for the first time post birth. Can't say it was amazing, but good to get the first time over with (OMG - sounds like I just lost my virginity or something LOL). So I'm sure I will be more relaxed about it next time!! \/

Yay Kristie! I feed Lucie at about 10.30/11pm each night as a dream feed - she usually has most of a bottle and is asleep the whole time. She then wakes about 5am (although I actually doubt she'd wake hungry if I didn't do it!).

Linda - Yay on losing your virginity again LOL! The first time is a bit scary isn't it?

Thanks Soph!! It was a bit scary - and I had a C/S!

The first time is just so funny though, DH said it was nice to be able to do missionary for once! And he normally complains about it (missionary that is!) I don't think doggy will be in again for a while as it's all we did for a few months!

Other than that, my porker is feeding two hourly again. I'm going to wean him soon, I swear. My boobies are SO sore... yesterday he fed at 9am, 11am, 1pm, 3.30pm, 5:30pm, 7:30pm, 9:30pm. then slept until 2:30am (woohoo!) but awake at 5:10am, 40mls bottle, then slept until 7am for a full bf... I'm just so sick of it! I NEED SLEEP! But he's still stacking on the weight.

Something else that's scary... he's been in 00s for over a week now and they're getting too short... how the heck can he grow that fast? He has to stay in the 00s for summer because most of my 0s are winter clothes!

Anyway, we're now awake for second breakfast...

(sorry about being so selfish!)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast