Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, September/October 05

Custardtart Guest

I have an awful jellybelly, I also have saddlebags on the sides that I never used to have! I'm the same on the scales as before I got pregnant, but I feel so flabby by comparison. I can't wait to be strong enough to get back to the gym for some serious weights exercises, but I'm already being told that I'm doing too much and I have to slow down - and that's just the housework!

Kerrie

Hi Guys

Sorry i have not been around much - busy busy busy!

So glad to hear that all bubs are going well - Zahra is being soooooo cute atm! She is a model baby!

Got my pap result back - it has come back showing CIN III.

I am totally at a loss as to how I can go from a normal smear in January last year to such an abnormal one now. What is even more confusing is that in those 18 months. I was breastfeeding for 9 months and pregnant for 9 also, which is supposedly a time where the hormones that assist abnormal cell growth on the cervix are absent.

I am awaiting the results of a colposcopy and will see where we go from there.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Everything else going well - have lost 18kg now! Woo Hoo! Have to go buy some new clothes!

Must be off - seeya!!

oh thank you thank you thank you!! - im glad to hear im not the only one still with a jelly belly and saddlebags - good to hear no amount of exercise will get rid of it though I was beginning to think i'd have to hit the gym real soon to try to get rid of it phew!

Leah has hip dysplasia in her left hip, which basically means she has a shallow hip socket so the ball doesnt sit in there properly. So the harness she is in forces the ball into the hip joint so the ligaments etc can strengthen and keep the ball where it should be. So at the moment she cant straighen either of her legs they are kept at basically 90 degrees out to the sides, she can move them slightly from the knees down so can do little kicks outwards but the top of her legs are fixed.

amanda

Amanda - Well it sounds like Leah's hip is totally fixable so that is great! Also great that it sounds like she is getting excellent care. Fingers crossed she can ditch that harness soon and kick around like crazy!

Hi Kelli! Bugger about the abnormal pap. Really hope it all ends up being nothing to worry about. Thinking of you.

Kerrie - Yeah slow down - don't do too much too soon! The ob actually told me not to start exercising like crazy anyway, that it was too early. I must admit I kinda liked what he was saying!

It must look like I have no life at the moment. Lucie is sleeping soundly all day today though (between feeds) and I'm trying to do some work on the computer but as you can tell, I'm procrastinating like crazy!

Yep, you're right about the virus thingo Fletch.

I have updated my website - go for a gander if you like!!

Love the new photos of Zane too btw - very cute little boy!!

Hello lovely ladies...all being a chatty bunch today.

Arent those first smiles gorgeous Kirsty...no doubt Gemma will be chatting up a storm for you real soon. I think once they start they love the sounds of their own gorgeous little voices.

Sorry to hear you are still having feeding issues with Lucie Soph..who would have thought gettting bubbies to eat could be so difficult. Hope the paed has some answers for you and hope Lucie starts feeding more.

Hello and welcome Amanda..sigh i know what you mean about a jelly belly..seems to take forever to disappear. You do sound busy with all of your appts. Its great that the physio gave you some positive news today about the harness working..hopefully it wont be too much longer for little Leah.

Hi Kerrie..hows your gorgeous bubs doing?

Hi Kel..nice to hear from you again. I am going to check out your pics in just a sec. Am so sorry to hear about your result. Im sorry I cant help you. It does seem weird that all this could happen so quickly. Hope the results from the colposcopy will give you some answers honey..thinking of you. Great news on the weight loss by the way....goodness you must be a teeny tiny thing.

Yaay for getting everything done Fletchie. It feels great being organised doesnt it. I hate a messy house and not having things done. I went to my first mums and bubs movie today and saw the same movie you are seeing..lol. Goodluck with the poo...Sammy did one right at the end so was good timing thankfully. Its so funny seeing all these mums lined in there with their prams and little bubs feeding and squealing throughout the movie. Sammy has been a few times to the movies so must be feeling an old hand at it now..lol..hope you enjoy it.

Well little boy is calling for me to get him..talk to you all soon

Jo

Melody Guest

Just a quickie/thought..... Kel you should put some photos up. 19 kilo's is something to be immensley proud of & I'd love to see a smile on your face

Your kids arent the only beauty in the family

Morning everyone

Jo - Yeah the feeding issues are a pain in the behind I tell ya! Seeing paed tomorrow anyway so will get an idea of her weight gain since last Tuesday. I kinda go with what he says more than the midwife at the pharmacy or anyone and at least they will be the same scales. If there is no problem with her weight gain then I am happy if she is just a small eater. Will keep you posted tomorrow anyway.

Fletch - Glad someone else has to wake there bubs to feed! I was feeding Lucie every 3 hours but paed said formula is filling so make it every 4. So it's any time between 3 and 4 hours. How is Zane's weight gain now? And how much formula does he manage to put away at each feed?

Kelli - Going to check out your website now...

Kirsty77 Guest

Goodmorning!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep formula is more filling thats for sure as Gemma only wakes for one feed during the night now.She had her last bottle at 7.15pm then didn't wake till 2.15am then again at 7.15am!She has started to drink more too, at her 2.15am bottle she actually polished off the entire 120ml!I was quite impressed!Can't beleive my baby is 5 weeks today!Feels like shes been in my life forever though as I can't imagine life without her now!Does anyone else feel like this?I honestly can hardly remember life without her in it!

Forum Name: Barley 1
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 20/09/05
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Indah Rose
    Baby's Website: in my signature...
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Breast feeding & doing well

Well all I am totally gobsmacked at how quickly my baby is 1 month already!!!! Time has definately flown !!!

Can't wait to catch up on all the news in here!!!

Morning...

OOH, Kirsty... Indah drinks about 120ml-150ml of expressed breast milk when I have given her bottles... No wonder she is getting chubby!!!

Morning ladies

Welcome Barley and Indah...i know what you mean..that first month just flies by doesnt it. Thats an impressive milk load for little Indah..sounds like Sammy..lol..cant get enough!

Kirsty yeah it does feel like theyve been in our lives forever doesnt it..precious little darlings. They change your perspective and outlook on life so much you cant remember the you before children. Thats great Gemma is only waking up once.

Soph hope the paed is helpful tomorrow. Fingers crossed little missys weight gain is just right!

Well enjoy your Thursday ladies

Jo

Hey Tracey my pg buddy!!! And yes could you please send some 'hungry' vibes of Indah's to Lucie please?

Kirsty - Same goes for you too LOL! Glad Gemma is doing so well.

Jo - How is Sammy today?

Well I am really keen to get into some sort of routine. At the moment I have been feeding Lucie every 3-4 hours. So today I thought I'd give Fletch's little pattern a go. Lucie had 110ml at 7, 110ml at 10 and then I was going to feed her at 1. Except she was actually hungry and took another 110ml 12! Mmm I don't know!!!!! THink we both need to work out what's going on.....

Soph, I find Indah generally feeds every 4hours... But some days in the afternoon will pretty much feed all the time....
    To the point I have given her a bottle of expressed milk to see she isn't just chewing & comfort sucking & she still drinks 120ml!!!
    So I guess like us some days we are hungry & others we just pick??!!!

Yeah Tracey I guess that all sounds pretty logical. Really gotta try and destress about the whole thing 'cos it's making me crazy!

If she feeds more frequently then she will gain weight, so that's gotta be a good thing if she hasn't been gaining enough....

So just let her guide you as to when she is hungry!!! Your doing a marvellous job!!! =D> =D> =D>

Kirsty77 Guest

Has the weather been cooler in Brissie Soph?Its been cooler here and I'm guessing thats why Gem's eating more, its nice and warm in her belly and shes been easier to put to bed at night too.Tracey is right, if shes eating more shes gonna gain weight like you wouldn't believe.Let Lucie guide you, she'll eat whens shes hungry and sleep when shes not.Gem still feeds anywhere from 2-7hours!Really erratic, but the 5-7 hour gap is at night.And she tends to feed every 2 hours leading up to bedtime or if shes been awake in between feeds.I really don't stress anymore about feeds.She'll let me know what she wants.In the early days I rememeber she'd go for over 8-10 hours without a feed!Then I was stressed!!!!!!

Our feed times sound exactly the same as yours Kirsty, 5-7hours at night any anywhere between 2 and 5 hours during the day and Leah is gaining weight nicely.

Nice and raining here in sydney today - isnt the colder weather wonderful where you can rug them up and they look so snuggly and cuddly!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast