Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, September/October 05

Melody Guest

I'm glad you have a plan Kerrie

Roville would be closer to Southland than Chadstone right? (I'm a Melbourne girl originally) I picked up nice cut-off jeans from Big W for $19 & cute little tops from Valley Girl for between $10-$15. Target also had nice, bright little singlets & T's for $14. I didn't spend much at all & feel like a million dollars today. It shows in my smile that I am feeling better about myself just to wear something "normal" after all this time.

Hello lovely ladies

Oh Kate sorry to see you go..we will miss you and Kelse.

Hiya Mel..great idea on the new clothes..glad to hear its made you feel so much better. There is nothing worse than feeling like a dag with nothing to wear is there?

Yaay on the eternity ring Hayseed you lucky thing....ouchies on your foot though..hoppe you rest it up. That must have been so scary holding little Thomas as well. I know ive envisaged that sort of thing happening with me holding Sam and it terrifies me.

Welcome Kerrie and Max. LOL at feeling like a noob..great word.

Well my darling psychic boy has awoken cos he knew I was on here lol

Talk soon

Jo

Hello Lovely ladies.
    Ok now I am going to really get into this forum and work out where everyone is at - so excuse me for a little while while I do!
    Lucie has had 2 visits to emergency and numerous injections/blood tests so the poor little mite has been feeling like a pin cushion. She totally went back to her 'dieting ways' and of course that stressed me out no end, hence the visits to emergency. My main concern was her dehydrating. It's tough work being a mum isn't it?
    Anyway to cut a long story short it appears that part of the problem is reflux. So Lucie is now on the Mylanta before each feed and seems to be doing a heap better. She was just in so much pain and frustrated I think it was all very exhausting for her. We'll see how that goes and we have a prescription for some stronger stuff if need be. At least she appears to have her appetite back (touch wood) and I can't tell you how much less stressed I feel.
    On the sleepy baby front, they have run a heap of tests including metabolic stuff so we will wait and see if that brings anything. Maybe the reflux was exhausting her though? Anyway will wait and see how things go.
    Hope you are all well and getting a bit of sleep!

Hello lovelies

Awww Soph sounds like you and your precious lil girl have been through the wars..i hope it all settles down soon and she wakes for regular feeds. Hope the mylanta helps with her reflux too poor little mite. The stress never ends does it when it comes to our bubs.

Will see you in the next thread soon enough Kate..lol...sob...my little boy turned 10 weeks yesterday...geeez...where does the time go...on a plus though...doesnt it seem that the older they get the more personality they show..its soo cute.

Where is everyone else..no doubt enjoying their beautiful bubbies.

Jo

And Soph..love the pic of Lucie on your ticker...she looks like a little stunner..you must be very proud.

Jo

Yeah Jo she's a cutey. Little Sammy has such a great smile too! And what a big boy - Lucie is only 4.2kg now!!!!!!!!

Hey Fletch - yeah I will get off my backside and do a website soon I promise! Hope that DH of yours is back now. Lucie has had a great day today - I hope it continues! Good on you for getting some new clothes. My mum gave me gift vouchers for Myer but I don't want to buy any clothes till I've lost a bit more weight - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!

Awww Fletchie...hope your hubby is back now. Its awful isnt it when they have to work long hours and or be away for periods of time. I hate it too when my hubby isnt here. Its nice just having that extra support and someone to discuss the day with. Well done though for doing it on your own.

I am feeling better thank you. Still have a shocking cough but hopefully that wont take too much longer to disappear. The kids have all settled back into school and me and Sammy are having the school day to ourselves...lots of time for walking which is good...still trying to get rid of this baby tummy..LOL.

Geez its so quiet in here. Hope all you lovely ladies and bubbies are doing well.

Jo

Kirsty77 Guest

Hi Everyone

Well Gemma and I have just graduated to this thread!!!!!!!Geez where has the 4 weeks gone!?

Forum name;kirsty77
    state;qld
    baby's DOB;15/9/05
    Stats;8lb 13oz length 52cms head circ 34cm
    Gender;girl
    name;Gemma Louise
    website;www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gemmalouise/
    health concerns;none
    notes;Born after a very long 23 hour labour(in which she slept through most of it!) via emergency c/s as she was posterier and her head was to big to fit through my pelvis.

Welcome Kirsty and Gemma...love the photos..she looks like a little sweetheart.

Yaay fletchie on the new car..its so nice isnt it. We picked up our new Jackaroo a few weeks ago and love it!!! Hope it doesnt take you too long to sell your other car.

Well im jealous that I see all your precious bubs wearing little spring outfits..its so darn cold here still. My darling boy is growing out of some gorgeous outfits that he hasnt even had a chance to wear yet..poeey! I hope it warms up soon..i still have the fire going #-o

Talk soon lovely ladies

Jo

Jo - you poor thing - hope you feel better soon. Re the outfits - some days here are so hot Lucie is just in her nappy. We don't have air con so the poor little thing nearly cooks!

Fletch - Ahh you are my new best friend re your comment about being thin! Congrats on the new car - very exciting. Bugger about AF too. I thought mine was about to return too - I had cronic AF pain on Minday but then nothing, and only very slight spotting that started last night. Very weird!

Kirsty - Yay Welcome my preggie buddy! How are you today!

Well I have been crying tears of joy this morning. Not sure if you all know about Lucie's major feeding issues but basically we have had like 4 trips to Emergency, numerous tests and jabs to try and work out why she is so sleepy and disinterested in eating. We've been struggling to get her to take 50-60ml every 3 hours. Anyway paed prescribed Losec (for reflux) which we started yesterday morning (she has screaming fits that start about 6pm each night, but we think it's silent reflux cos she never actually spews - it comes up and then goes back down again). Anyway, my little munchkin ate 170ml this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is sooooooooo huge for her, the biggest feed she's had in her life. I am so happy and really hope we have turned a corner, although I won't speak too soon. [-o< all is well now.

Whooohooo Soph...that is wonderful. That must be such a relief for you. WTG lil Lucie.

Awww Fletchie..you poor thing with AF returning. I never had mine return til the girls were about a year old so Im hoping that stays the same with Sammy.

Jo

Jo - Huge relief I tell ya!

Fletch - Great weight gain for your little man. I know very weird about my AF. I was hugging the toilet bowl the other morning and said to DH 'Uh Oh it better not be morning sickness!'. But surely not!!! I think it might have just been all the stress. Weird though, when I thought AF had arrived last night, DH sounded almost disappointed! I don't want to be pg again quite yet

WTG Zane...thats a great weight! You must be thrilled
    fletchie. Thats a good point too with AF returning..you can start ttcing when you are ready. Ibreast fed all my babies til they were 18 months and started with solids at 6 months. I guess I was just lucky with no AF...am hoping it will be the same this time around. Hope your Bp comes down soon.

Wow Soph...that would be a close gap!

Am holding Sammy in my arms now...i should be more adept at typing one handed but hes getting kinda heavy..LOL..so will go for now

Jo

Kirsty77 Guest

Hi Everyone

Thanks for the big welcome!

I'm doing really well thanks Soph.My c/s scar is healing nicely.I never got the chance to ask how the birth of Lucie went?Obviously your both well!!! Its great to hear Lucie is feeding so well now.I had problems b/f Gemma so I can kinda realate to how detressing it all can be.Gemma still doesn't make a complete piggy of herself yet, she downs about 40-90ml of formula at a time depending on how hungry she is and how long shes been asleep.We've let her determine her own routine.Last night she had her last feed at 7pm then bath then bed, she woke at 12am, had 20-30ml sleep till 4am and downed only another20-30ml!During the day is when she consumes the most as she has more awake time.

Well I weighed Gem wednesday this week and she had put on 300gm(in 6 days)!So she now weighs 4.8kg!!!And yet shes not over indulging in the formula!But I guess that is formula for you, full of fat!SHes also outgrown most of her smaller outfits and is now in 000.

I also wish this weight would fall off!Its not that its not coming off its that my body shape has changed.I have this weird jelly belly that doesn't seem to shift no matter how much walking I've been doing!I can fit my old clothes, they just fit weird around my stomach now!And don't get me started on these stretch marks!Arhhhhhh!!Don't know how they managed to cut Gemma out of me with all the fat on my stomach!

OMG Kirsty, Lucie only weighs about 4.25 at the moment! You have one big girl there. Do you find with the formula that you get stressed out about the mls that she has?

And I know what you mean about stretch marks and flabby tum - urrrrrrghhhhhhhh

Jo - yeah it would be a ridiculously close gap! But never fear I think AF is here, just very light. Funny cos I thought it was usually heavy for the first one.

Thanks Fletchie...we think hes gorgeous..hes such a smiley happy chappy. Cant wait to see some more pics of your lil fella too.

Jo

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast