Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: 1 Month to 6 Months, December '04

Hi just a short one from me as I'm about to pass out - I am sooooooooo tired...

Thanks for everyone's feedback about the routine and feeding thing - it's really encouraging to read how you all figured out your own routine - I agree that you just have to do what works for you (which is why Baby Wise really annoys me - it just doesn't work for everyone in my opinion). I used to really like it - until I had a baby .. lol. I think the only thing I try to do is the feeding regime they propose .. parent directed feeding - which I guess is a combination of demand feeding and scheduled feeding. It works quite well though we still end up having about 10 feeds a day rather than the proposed 8, but that's the flex they talk about in the book I decided

Okay, sorry for no personals, Wolf seems to be winding down to sleep, so I will jump in bed myself.

Merry Christmas to everyone - I might be absent for a while cause we're heading to my parents.

Love

Snowy

Yeah Snowy I found that I liked some of the ideas of the book but I didn't really like how regemented it appeared to be... I mean it was harder than how I train my dogs...LOL!! Thats my opinion though! I've had friends who followed it religiously and have gorgeous children who work like clockwork...but I guess I don't work like clockwork so I didn't think my child would either...whatever works in your family...LOL!

Have a great Christmas all of you & enjoy your bubs first Christmas!! & big holiday!! YAY for family time together!!!

Oh what bad news about Harry! I don't know how I missed that, oh that's why we haven't had a tramp, but finally I decided it was time and Santa is bringing one. It means I have to be super vigilant I guess. We had a tramp as kids and not one accident.

Well I hope Harry still enjoys his xmas Bon, I'm sure all those pressies are enough to keep him occupied but it is tough enough with a baby and a toddler without one with a broken leg.

The xmas eve chocolate on the calendar has been eaten, Arron is on his last job for the xmas period and the house needs cleaning LOL What fun for me!

Jordan was almost going to the share the chocolate with the others but changed her mind at the last minute.

Merry xmas everyone and catch up soon.

Best wishes Michelle

spiddles Guest

Snowy - Liam was the same at that age. Was breastfeeding nearly every 2 hours and was very exhausting but keep up the good work!!! It got to the stage where I wouldnt go out alone with him in case he started scream for a feed (eg grocery shopping with half a trolly full) but it does get better.

Poor Harry....not the best time to break a leg especially in this heat but am sure Christmas will definatly take his mind off things.

Mooshie - Brokers can cause my life a living hell especially ones that dont have a clue. The tell the client whatever they want to get the sale abd when it comes to claim time they call you and its not covered. Then you have a big argument with the client and they are like "my broker told me it was covered" 5 mins later you then get the broker on the line complaining and asking why isnt it covered. Don't get me wrong most are good but there are a few rotten eggs out there.

Michelle - I cant wait for Liam to be older and start enjoying Christmas as much as your kids!!! Children really do make Christmas!!

Well I better start packing. Off to my parent place tonight (30 min drive away) then off to my brothers in Maroochydoore (about 2 hours from my parents) . Packed Liam's togs but didnt pack mine wouldnt be seen dead in togs ATM espeically since diet has gone out windo a few days ago and I think I puyt back on the weight I lost (damn belgum truffles) Then we will prolly go vist DH parents in Biggedon (about 2-3 hours from my brothers) . So have a long few trips ahead of us. Is great DH has 5 days off and is so looking forward to it. Will be the longest he has had off since our honeymoon. Only got one day off for Liam's birth as were under staffed GRRRR!! Was born on thursday (his day off but has now been changed to wednesday) had friday off and was back at work Saturday.

And once again...MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all

Would just like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas hope you all have a great day!!

Bon

Just popped in to wish you all a very merry christmas and a happy new year!

Just popping in to say Merry Christmas to you all.

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year.

Best Wishes

Merry Christmas everyone!

Drive safely, eat heaps and have a great day with your kids and families.

Marcia Guest

Merry Christmas all!!!! Haven't been here for a few days, but just caught up with the reading lol! Will be back to post after the xmas celebrations are over. Hope everyone has a great one for their bubs first christmas!!! It's so exciting!!

I am so annoyed.I didnt even think to post or look for this site until snowy said via email! Imissed the newborn site.Damn.
    Millana and i are well.It is hot though and yesterday she slept from 10am to 330pm in the afternoon.She had a feed and then slept till 8pm.She had a good nite too and just fed 3hrly.She has always fed 3 hrly but will at times stay awake after a feed for a couple of hrs(if its not hot).She is very alert. The only thing i have trouble with is because i have had to formula feed she can get a belly ache with bowels.The last 2 days she has been drinking quite a bit of water which has helped.
    When she was last wieghed on the 20th ahe weighed 3510g.She was 3290g at birth but she lost more than 10% due to no milk for me and it has taken a while to catch up.She has grown 3cm so that was good.
    Looking at her now i reckon she has put on more.She is so cute.

Hi everyone, I hope that you all enjoyed your festivities.
    Caddie, its good to see you in here. I'm glad to hear that Millana is thriving and growing nicely. I hope that her tummy feels better soon.
    Spiddles, I like your plan. I think that DH & I should have waited longer before buying our home because we don't really have any room for another baby in at the moment and I can't imagine that we will get a loan for a bigger house unless I go back to work
    Yasin had a really sooky night a day or two ago so I ordered a hammock for him. I hope he likes it.
    He's just woken up so I'd best go and feed him.

Hi all

Hope everyone had an enjoyable christmas and got nice things from santa!

Welcome to the baby forums Caddie, glad to hear things are going well with Millana. I hear you about the heat - Grace still needs to be wrapped in order for her to settle but it is sooo hot. I use the lightest cotton bunny rugs I have and put the fan on. She still sleeps ok though. She also gets belly aches sometimes and wind. I just put some infacol in her bottle if she is particularly uncomfortable and that really helps her.

We had a good christmas day at IL's place. Had a huge lunch. Grace slept for most of the day and Harry had fun opening his presents but got cranky when he couldn't go for a swim because of his cast. He is doing great though and is already walking on it!

Well it's nearly 2005 and my plan for the new year is to get motivated and lose some weight. I won't call it a resolution as such, just a plan!

Bon

Pietta Guest

Good to have you here Caddie!!

Just a quickie- we had a great Christmas - Ryley got way too spoilt!! But it was fun. Was pretty hot here in Perth but thats what you get. I was watching to news and realised how precious my family and life is after watching about the tsunami. I have been giving Ryley and DH lots of love.

Anyway lots of cuddles to you all

yes,the tsunami was awful and how terrible for that father to think he had a hold of his 6 month old daughter and it was only her clothes.I think i'd go mad with grief.
    i have some photos of millana now.see my signature.Except they are thumbnails and i have to work it out between looking after millana or ask my dad as he is an expert.
    Is infacol a type of gripe water? and i too am going on a diet of sorts as its hard to fit in my clothes,quite depressing.I have been trying to buy an ab roller to no avail.I will hve to use my gym ball.

mooshie Guest

hello to everyone

hope you all had a great christmas. i have not read posts so i won't do personals.

lani had a great day - spoilt but not to spoilt iykwim - santa got her a kick and whirl carnival and see loooves it, also some peek a blocks so she was happy on the other hand ds jay was spoilt so much santa got him a 12v spiderman quad car and in his words it was just ammmmmmazzzzzzing. i tell you what chrismtas with a 4 yr old is fantastic i started crying christmas morning as he was unwrapping his pressies. oh btw he also gave his dummy to santa and has not asked about it since - i know it has taken ages but both he and we needed it over the last few years, he seems so grown up now and dare i say it he seems to be more polite - don't know about that one.

lani was a bit unsettled over the few days as she only had cat naps here and there - she slept in the portacot at mum's (but not for long) none of my children have liked it. then on boxing day i hit the shops with her and yesterday went to a friends down the beach and didn't get home till midnight - so today we stayed in and got the sleeps and feeds back to normal so she is happy.

take care girls

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great Christmas.

Ours was not to bad. Alana was abit unsettled Christmas day. Had tummy pains in the morning. Maybe PMS, but I'm glad its all over. Kinda sick of seeing family, especially the IL's. Still have New Years Day to go. Lunch at the IL's. Wish I didn't have to go.

Caddie glad you found the forum.

Bon I'm there with you on the losing weight. I put on 30kgs. I have lost 10kg of it, but Christmas has kind of messed me up a little. I'm hoping to get back on track NY day.

Alana got weighed today. She put on 340g in 2w2d's. Its not to bad, but I was hoping for more. It still puts her in the 10th percentile. Her Paed said to see how she goes on her next weigh in, which will be on the 14th. Well at least she is putting on weight. Also she must be absorbing more of the nutrients from her milk, as she hasn't been drinking as hungrily and doesn't seem to want as much. So things are going well.

Hi everyone, I hope you're all well.
    Yasin had his 2 month vaccinations today. ouchy. I felt so sorry for him, I hate it when he cries and tears come out. He was really quite sad and quiet for a while afterwards.
    I'm glad to hear that Alana is gaining weight. Iris, my in-laws would live in our pockets if they could. My MIL is kind of like a benevolent stalker, she means well but she drives me up the wall.
    Caddie, infacol is a wind medicine. You can usually get it at supermarkets and chemists. The way it works is by making all the gas join up into one big bubble that is easier to pass. I think you give them a few drops just before feeding. Its quite cheap so if you try it and it doesn't work you won't have wasted a fortune.
    Mooshie, congrats to Jay on giving his dummy to santa. Santa must really have quite a collection of dummies by now.
    The tsunami has really been horrible hasn't it. So many sad stories.

Marcia Guest

Hi all,

Dachlostar - IKWYM about the immunisations. It's so hard isn't it. More for us than them I think lol! I am not looking forward to the next lot for Hudson as it will be 3 this time because of the new one that has come out.

Iris - =D> for Alana's weight gain. Hudson is in the 10th percentile too, and I always hope for more lol. I know her weight gain is more of a concern because of her health issues, but the 10th percentile is still really good as it is still in the healthy range IYKWIM.

Pee - How cute is that new piccie of Ryley on his ticker!

Well we are going OK atm. But still having Reflux dramas. Will be ringing a chiro as soon as new year is over so fingers crossed it helps. Thinking of trialling another thickened formula too, but worried about what it might do to his poor bowels after the effect the last lot had. Otherwise all is good. Hudson is getting his knees right up under him now and trying his hardest to get moving, so I don't think it will be long 8-[. Better start baby proofing!!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast