Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 1 Month to 6 Months, February '05

Double Woo Hoo for Alana, the weight and height gain is terrific.

About your FIL, he probably doesn't know how to relate to babies, lots of men don't and they sometimes choose inappropriate things to interact. As he gives you the ****s I can understand why it annoys/you, things my MIL and FIL do annoy me too and they **** me too. Sometimes it's hard to not get annoyed. What does DB think, my guess is he prob wouldn't see it as a big drama, cos sons really don't like to go against their parents much. I guess what you have to consider is, be ready to fight the battles where you think your child is at risk from things they do and push aside the little annoying things, in other words fight the big battles. eg. I am in the process of arguing with MI: about my SIL going up to my kids school and being allowed in to their classrooms bcos she told a whopping lie to the receptionists, which my MIL thinks is no biggie, SIL should be able to just go to their school cos it doesn't hurt anyone.
    Hope I have helped you
    Cheers Michelle

Hi gals, just a quick one to let you know I'm still around, keep reading the posts but by the time I get to type one Kaleb wakes up and I've got to go! He is doing well, sleeping 10 hours at night now, woohoo! Still very clingy through the day, but figure I can live with that for a bit longer. Went to the 'babes in arms' session at the cinema on Wednesday and he was an angel! Sorry no personals as he is off again but will hopefully be back tomorrow!

Hey Beth, great to hear from you!

Just wanted to say that Lily slept for 12 HOURS last night!!! WOOHOO!

Hello girls,

Lara, that is indeed a weird sense of humour. I would feel awkward about that too.

Mooshie, I can imagine it must be hard this time of year for you to remember your little darling. Sending you a monster hug and hope you have lots of distractions and happy memories to make it a bit easier.

Michelle, they say that the first 3 days are the hardest and then it gets easier. I find it great that you have decided to quit. I hope Arron will too! Sending you lots of strength vibes and hope you can keep it up. Do you think you have a chance to do some sport? Maybe someone can look after the kids while you go for a walk or jog or maybe a yoga class. I find sport always helps me to think healthy and then I don't feel like doing any 'bad' stuff, like junk food, chocolate, alcohol etc. I used to be a social smoker but haven't smoked in eons (since I started doing triathlons).

Talking about sport. Have been to Bikram Yoga four times this week. Feeling immensly proud of myself. Will try to go a fifth time on Sunday - will have to see if I can drag my butt into that hot room again this week. I just have to grasp the opportunity of having a grandmother around almost 24/7 to watch Wolf.

Dachlostar, I forgot to say it in my last post - wow, pregnancy scare - can imagine you were both relieved and a little sad. Would have been the same for me (though I really shouldn't fall pregnant right now with my caesarean - OBGYN said to wait at least 6 months).

Oh, gotta go, girls,

Big hug

Snowy

HI girls, again

Thanks for the support re the smoking Snowy, it's going ok. Actually it has been ok except for a few odd pains and my crappy throat, which now feels like food is stuck, the dr asked me that the other day and I said no it wasn't doing it and now it is doing it. It's sort of scary, cos I feel like my throat is blocked. Well done on the yoga classes, it's hard to get motivated to start with but sounds like you are almost hooked. I don't get out much exercising, but not smoking means I have more time to come on here and annoy people.

Tegan Woohoo for Lily's 12 hours, that's great.

Good to hear from you Beth! The little tackers certainly do keep you busy, I should know with 4 of them. It's just good to hear things are fine.

I have been listing scrapbooking stuff on ebay most of the day and am almost computered out. I think I need to go to bed.

Will try to get on tomorrow
    Cheers Michelle

hi everyone, i hope you're all wewll
    I just realised that the grand prix is next week and I have't booked a hotel yet #-o #-o . I don't really fancy my chances of finding a room in the city at this stage.
    oops looks like Yasin is awake so I won't be posting much.

Hi girls, back again.

Snowy, glad to hear that you made it to Oz okay, and that Wolf did well. I would definitely be taking advantage of the doting grandmother too!

Michelle, good on you with the quitting, it totally sucks, doesn't it? I gave up when I was TTC and found it really hard until I actually fell pregnant, then I had this strong motivation not to smoke! Haven't had one since Kaleb's been born - I've been tempted but I know once I have one, that'll be it again.

Dachlostar, hope you find somewhere to stay. That would be so cool, I'd love to go to the Grand Prix!

Lara, I would be annoyed with DB's father's behaviour too. He probably doesn't mean anything by it and, like Michelle said, it's hard to know whether it's worth making an issue of it. My MIL is in the habit of calling Kaleb 'that baby' as though he is some random child instead of her grandson, eg "I bet that baby will start crying again now we're about to have lunch" You can imagine how thrilled I am with comments like that, but I just ignore them .. for now! Don't know how long I'll be able to keep quiet.

Kaleb had got a bit of a weird cough at the moment, it's as if something is tickling his throat. No other symptoms though, and it doesn't seem to be bothering him. Might see how it goes, if it carries on I'll take him to the doc. He rolled over from tummy to back yesterday. It frightened the life out of him, so I put him back on his tummy and he did it again straight away but this time it made him laugh - strange child! Tried him in the pram again this morning... waited till after his feed when he was all happy, strapped him in, got 5 mins down the road and he started screaming. Hmm, suppose I've just got to keep trying!

yeah on the rolling from belly to back!

I swear Wolf is about to roll from back to belly.. He keeps on rolling to the side and arching his back and head ... so cute

Yesterday was FIL's birthday. We made a half hour appearance with Wolf to show off the grandchild to the relatives and he was just an angle! Everyone was commenting how good natured he is. (phew, lucky they didn't see him on one of his off-moments)

Had 2 glasses of wine with dinner and am actually feeling a bit fuzzy in the head this morning. Gawd, not used to any alcohol anymore.. I'm such a cheap date! lol It made me realize that I could quite happily live without having any alcohol for the rest of my life.

Snowy

hi everyone, I hope you're all well.
    I spent hours trying to find a hotel yesterday that'll teach me not to leave things to the last minute. I finally manged to book somewhere with a heated pool so Yasin can go for a swim. I haven't taken him yet because I'm always paranoid that he'll get too cold.
    Lara, I would annoyed by FIL's behaviour too. Not so much the shakey fist because Alana might see that as a funny but the I don't like you comment seems dodgy to me. Young children don't really understand sarcasm. Thier emotions are all genuine and they don't realise that what you say and what you really think may be differant things.
    yay for the wieght gain and height gain. =D> =D>
    Beth, my MIL does the exact opposite of your MIL. She calls Yasin 'my baby' and it ****s me no end. As does the neverending unsolicited advice. It wouldn't annoy me so much if it wasn't usually totally insane.
    I hope Kaleb's cough clears up before you need to go to the Dr. Does his pram face towards you or away from you? One of our prams isn't reversible and Yasin is never as happy in it as he is in the reversible one.
    I'm a bit grumpy about the grand prix. My Dad bought DH a ticket but didn't get me one. I can see his reasoning because a grand prix is no place for a baby but I would have been prepared to hire a nanny for the day. I'm planning on nicking DH's ticket for some of the qualifying and leaving him holding the baby for a few hours. Dad never bothers with the pit walk on sunday morning so I might nick his ticket then and go with DH because it'll be quiet so we can take Yasin. My grand-prix will be the bits that other people aren't interested in.
    Michelle, How's the non-smoking going. I'm sending lots of will-power vibes your way. Sometimes quitting smoking can give you a sore throat so amybe it will settle down again in a little while.
    Snowy, lol at the cheap date. I haven't drunk for a few years now and I really don't miss it. What a good boy Wolf was to be so angelic. Yasin is usually good in public but a bit shy so people don't get to see his laugh which is a shame because its so cute and gummy.
    Sorry to anyone I've missed.

Hi girls,

2 mins before I have to start dinner so I have quickly popped on here.

Snowy- your darling Wolf is so an angel, what would anyone else expect from such a wonderful Mum! LOL It is good whne they behave in public.

Beth- persevere with the pram, sometimes it takes them awhile to get used to things. I would take Kaleb to the Drs Beth, just to be sure it's nothing sinister, when Jessica was coughing I took her and she had a chest infection so you never know.

Dasch- have a great time at the grand prix, It's not really my thing, we don't even really watch it, but it must be an exciting day when you are at the track. My MIl calls my kids "her babies" too and I am the same, I get really ****ty and I actually tell her "who's baby? Did you give birth to them then?" SHe usually shuts up a little after that! LOL aren't I mean?

Well the non smoking is still going, with the patches, I don't need a smoke but I still think about it. Arron and I went out for dinner last night and I told him not to even come near me with a smoke, as it's too hard, so he didn't. He reckons he is psyching himself up to quit too. We'll see!

Jessica sat all by herself for the first time yesterday, the little bugger and Jemma gave her some pink and blue playdoh to play with while we weren't looking, and she proceeded to eat it, I didn't know what was going on at first, she had ble/green and pink dribble on her suit and when Arron picked herup her tongue was green. Lucky Playdoh is non toxic, she did a little spew but she was fine and we have told Jemma again that she can't give Jessica things. She has started giving her bottles from the fridge when she cries, so I will come in the room and Jessica is drinking cold formula. LOL she does try to help.

Anyway better go and do tea
    Best wishes to everyone
    Michelle

Michelle your right, I guess I just need to work out whats worth the arguement. Unfortunately at the moment everything is worth it! LOL! Sounds like those patches are working ok. Alot does come down to will power, which I'm sure you have alot of.

Dachlostar I agree, I was more concerned with the "I don't like you comment". I came close to telling him that she doesn't like him either, but decided to just walk away. Its great you were able to find a hotel. Hope you have a great time.

Snowy I'm not good with drinking wine anymore. I use to love sitting down with my girlfriend with a nice bottle of red. Now I have one glass and it goes straight to my head. I also figure that I'm the one who is going to have to get up to Alana when she wakes and its hard enough without feeling like I have a hangover.

Alana's nappy rash has gotten really bad. Its actually hurting her. Poor bubba. I don't know what to do. We have tried everything. I am going to give Alana another go with the solids. She has been really watching DB and I when we have been eating, so I thought I should try again.

Have a great day everyone!

Hi girls

Lara, there are so many things that my IL's say that annoys the crap out of me, and I could go on all day, but for my own sanity it's not worth it. Mind you when my MIL says anything about Jordan's weight I let her have it, and when she criticised Joshua's colouring on his yellow book from school I also had a go. Sometimes I wonder how their 3 kids ever survived, the things they say and do are so way off, but then again, SIl has loads of issues, BIL is 26 and an alcoholic and Arron also has many things which are not quite right.

The drinking thing isn't good for me either, over the past ten yrs I have been pg 5 times and so you drink ess and less and so become a hopeless drunk, but then again at least you don't get damage to your body due to alcohol abuse. I have decided I hate being out of control, dizzy, sick and hungover, so I am very careful with how fast I drink.

Poor Alana, have you tried Sudocream, I used it on Jemma when she had the worst nappy rash I had ever seen and it was sooo good. I just used to cake it on, she had open raw sores and other creams wouldn't stick, I used to also put curash nappy powder over the top to sort of seal it in.

I am going to start Jessica on solids this week, I have uped the formula to 240mls and she isn't quite drinking it all but is having a good go. Her gums are really swollen so teeth mustn't be far away.

I am going to be on the comp all day doing arron's bus bookwork as BAS statement is due today, and I haven't done anything in the way of bookwork since Sept. What fun!

Josh goes fulltime to school this week and he was very sad to know that he had no more days off. Although this is the only true full week as next week they have a curriculum day, then they have Labour Day, Good friday and they break up at 12.30 on the last day of term.

Jordan goes to Camp to Canberra on the 7th for 5 days so the house will be a little quieter in a couple of weeks.

We have organised a job system for the kids, which I call "The Entreprenaurial Job SYstem" the kids were impressed LOL. The gist of it is , there are easy, medium and hard jobs, the kids can invent their own job if they see something they can do to help, 4 easy jobs = $1, 2 Med jobs= $1 and 1 Hard job= $1. at the end of the week, half the money they earn goes in the bank and the other half is put away towards their chosen goal. Jordan wants a Furr real rabbit and Josh wants a gameboy advance. He has a long way to save. So at the moment both of their rooms are spotless as that is a hard job and if they are clean at bedtime every night that is 1xhard job. Let's see how long it lasts!

Smoking is still off and Arron put a patch on this morning, so lets hope he keeps at it. I started Thursday so this is day 5, I think I feel better, except for my throat and ny stomach which has a muscle which is spasming, or was most of last night, which was mighty uncomfortable
    Anyway better go
    Hope all is well with everyone
    Best wishes Michelle

Hi all

Grace has cut a tooth! A bit earlier than I expected but there it is, it is her bottom left hand tooth and it has just come through. It's not bothering her too much except she wants to chew on everything and is drooling heaps. She has been a bit grumbly and off her food but I have been giving her some of that brauer teething relief and it helps. Don't like bonjela, I personally don't think it works that well and it wears off too soon.
    She watches us with great interest when we eat now so I might start her on rice cereal soon. I will see what happens with this tooth and might start her when that has settled down.
    Glad everyone is well

HI Bon
    Yay for Grace's tooth, How old is she now? I am sure Jessica's first will be out in the next few days and prob her 2nd too as the gums are really swollen. But we haven't had any probs with pain so far.

Best wishes Michelle

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910