Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Month to 6 Months, February '05

Glad Aidan is getting better Jess, but oh no about the sticky eye. I don't have any suggestions for you, but i do hope it goes away soon. Hope you're feeling better soon too and you don't get any worse.

Nice to see you in here Rachel. Lily has also started taking very short sleeps during the day. She will sleep for an hour at the most each time. Not much i can do though.

dachloster, how rude of your MIL to say you're too demanding and complain you dont bring Yasin over enough. I mean if she wanted to see more of him should could at least ask you nicely.

Michelle, how cute that Lani now plays peek-a-boo. I can't wait for Lily to be interested in it. I do it sometimes, but she just looks at me as if saying, what on earth are you on about? lol.

Not much happening at this end. Lily has been very fussy today. Not sure why. She's ok now. But this moring after her feed she just kept whinging. I burped her, cuddled her, changed her and nothing helped. She now just laying in her bassinet 'talking' to her ducky what hangs off her bassinet. So cute!

Hi Girls,

Arron got home at 2.30pm on Sunday. But wouldn't you know he did nothing to help with the kids last night, so it was the same as the 2 nights before with me bathing everyone. getting their jama's on, cleaning up etc.

I have told him that Karma made his auto go in his car and that he should think about doing good/nice things for me if he wants good things to happen for him (his work van broke down fri and his car on Sunday).

Jess have you tried salt water. You just wet a cotton ball with warm salt water and wipe from the inside out. Don't reuse the cotton ball but get another. It sounds like conjunctivitis. Try not to touch the other eye with anything (face washer etc.) or it will spread. If it doesn't get better within a couple of days of saltwater treatment then you could take aidan to the chemist and they may be able to suggest something or else go to the drs.

Hi Dasch good to hear things are well, Yasin may have been a little daunted by lots of people.

Uneventful day here, may get on later.

Hi to everyone
    Cheers Michelle

oh

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE!

i got nothing but I did get told Happy valentines. Where is the romance, I mean he proposed to me on valentines day but 6 yrs down the track it means nothing.

Go figure!

And how rude am I! Welcome Rachel and Keenan, look forward to chatting with you.

cheers Michelle

mooshie Guest

hi there everyone

jessica - same suggestion as michelle said - salt water to wipe be careful as she said - my ds jay had permanent sticky eye from when he was born to around six months old - looked like he had done 10 rounds with mike tyson poor love - he is georgeous now (just biased) lol

welcome to rachel and keenan - those short naps can be a pain - hope you get things sorted soon - just as they fall into some sort of routine bang they change it on you again and you have to get used to something new again.

tegan - it is so much fun now - playing games with lani, and jay helps heaps to and teaches us songs from kinder (once he starts to sing them i remember them) lani loves "open shut them" she watches us intently singing it and doing the hand motions then she stares at her hands trying to figure out how to do it. am seriously thinking of doing a bit of baby signing with her - i wish i did all these things with my first but had no idea back then about babies - then when number 2 came along and there was only 20 mths apart i was to busy - now to have a 4 year gap as been great like having a baby first time again but a bit more knowing and relaxed lol.

well lani is going to have her first bottle of formula tonight - am giving her karicare gold - i am fed up at 7pm with the feeding as she is off and on arching her back and crying - after running around all day my milk supply really drops off. so at the moment it will just be the one bottle and breastfeeding at other times and if she wakes in the middle of the night i feed her in her room whilst i am standing she sucks for a tiny bit then when she breaks i stick the dummy in and she goes back to sleep - i don't want to feed her when she wakes at night as she shouldn't really need it and when she cries she gets all excited when i come in and giggles - cheeky bugger - great at 3am lol.

gave her potato mixed with her pumpkin on friday night but saturday she came out in a rash over her chest so have skipped to potato for now and am goiing to start giving her rice cereal tommorrow morning - i give her two ice cubes of pumpkin at 5pm and she gobbles it up and looks for more - fingers crossed she will be this enthusiastic about vegies when she is older lol - i know it won't last long.

take care everyone - won't be on tonight got to watch desperate housewives - i'm hooked lol

Colleen Guest

mitch4now...

i had some problems with DP not helping and not really acknowledging that he doesnt help... i dont know your whole story but I got given this questionaire by a relationships councellor at parents group, i filled it out and got DP to read it and asked if he disagreed with anything i wrote - he didnt...

It was a series of questions like

who bathes baby / children?

who changes the wet nappies

who does the housework

etc etc and then theres 2 columns, one for you and one for DH and you fil in the percentage.... when u fill it out and they look at how much larger your percentage is, they get a bit of a reality check..

I dont know, maybe it doesnt work for everyone, but im getting that little bit more help! yay!

good luck with it

colleen[/b]

HI girls
    I'm back again as there is nothing better to do, ie cooking, and cleaning are not better than being here so I am here.

Michelle- I can relate to the enjoyment you have as you are less stressed. We had 5 yrs between the 1st and 2nd and it meant you had more time and could give the 2nd one more attention. There is 3 1/2 yrs between Josh and Jemma and that was the same, of course only 18mths between Jemma and Jessica though, but as Jessica is our last I'm sure we will find heaps of time. If anything I think/worry that Jemma will miss out, but as I am aware of it we make the effort to ensure she gets time too.

Good luck with the formula, hope it does the job. You need uninterrupted sleep that's for sure. Although I don't know if Mother's ever get that as you have Jay and I have my other 3 to interrupt anyway.LOL

Yuck about the rash, hope the cereal goes off better, it should as it is very bland. And my kids all like their vegetables still so that is good, even broccoli and Joshua is the biggest brussel sprout fan, although only him and I will eat them.

Arron is starting to paint Jessica's room and she is sleeping better in the portacot. I have been wrapping her over night but not in the day and she isn't able to move around as much, in the day she has shorter sleeps and there doesn't seem to be a problem. We usually get 11 hrs at night between last bottle and the next one. She is starting to drink almost all her bottles, so I will prob introduce cereal in about 2 weeks if she keeps it up.

And I LOVE desperate houswives too, and so does Arron surprisingly. So I too will not be back tonight.

Cheers Michelle

Thanks Colleen,
    I wouldn't mind a copy of the whole sheet! Anyway, could you email a copy to me? In all honesty I think he knows who does more in the house and as he is "working" outside of home he sees it as fine that I am doing the home work. I must admit, when I worked and even now he cooks lots, he seems to like it, whereas I don't.

My main prob is with him getting loads of time away from the house relaxing and me cooped up in here just working away without a break. Worse luck that he has to work Sat, cos I was going shopping with a gf so I will have to reschedule SOB! I was really looking forward to the retail therapy, but he can't tell a company he can't work cos his wife's going shopping!

If you can send a copy fine but if not don't worry.

Best wishes Michelle

wow michelle thats so hard! DH & I do an inventory sort of thing every 6 months to just check how things are going... and it is so helpful to have something you can read and really have in front of you. DH is always astounded at how little he does around the house... and then he does things like get the house cleaned for me (he still gets it done once a month!) and its really helped us with those mindsets of the woman's place is the home blah blah blah.....

I worked full time teaching until I was 32 weeks Preg with Jemma (my 3rd) and I was under the impression it would be easy to stay home and clean the house. We both didn't realise what the entails, and as I assured Arron the house would be spotless when I fell in a hole and the house was much less than spotless, he started pestering me about it.

I wish I had thought before I spoke. There is an endless amount of work in the house. I guess when i worked we just did the basics, and as nobody was home all day the house stayed cleaner.

We are coming to a point where something is going to have to be done or things are going to get mighty yuck around here. I don't have any probs with him doing stuff on his own but it seems so uneven that I am sure I have at least a year time in lieu I could just take, LOL. And I don't want to just go out on my own, I would like for him to spend QUALITY time with me, he doesn't understand QUALITY time though. He figures if he is in the house our in the yard he is spending time with me. Hmmm!

But I did want 4 kids, and so did Arron, and I did know it was going to be tough. But just think how much fun we are going to have with our kids over the next however many yrs.

the taking stock thing sounds good, but Arron thinks things like that are ****y, and wouldn't take it seriously I'm sure. There are far too many good shows on to sit and fill in surveys or questionaires.

Cheers Michelle

hi everyone
    sorry i haven't replied for awhile but i have been away at my brothers looking after his 5year old DS & 2 1/2 year old DD while they had another baby - he was born last thursday weighing 10 11 1/2 oz (almost as big as eliana) so now im home & can get online more

dachlostar - i so miss chinatown in sydney - loved going there on sundays for yum cha & i can so relate to the mil thinking she isnt seeing the baby enough

pradaprincess - i know what you mean about the cat naps - eliana is the same & is also back to feeding at night - knew those sleepless nights were too good to be true!!

jessica123 - i hope aidan is feeling better

doe-like-beauty - those days when baby is fussy is no fun - but when i get a smile it makes it all worth while - hope lily is doing better today

mitch4now - arron will hopefully realise what he is missing out on with his kids - i have a similiar problem but richard is getting better

mooshie - lol about desperate housewives - im hooked too but didnt get a chance to watch it tonight as eliana was grizzly - how did lani go with her formula?

MummyLovesJaykob - we did a questionaire thing like that at prenatal class & it was interesting to see the answers - i should go find it & see if he is doing what he said he would!!

hope everyone had a great valentines day

ElleB Guest

Default New To Forum

Hi

I just joined this forum today and thought I would introduce myself.

I am married with a 4 month old son Lachlan. He's a gorgeous baby and I love being a mummy! Lachlan is fully breastfed and currently wakes once thru the night for a feed. We're having some settling problems during the day at the moment but I think we're on the mend.

I want to be a SAHM mum and have at least 2 more children, hopefully one will be a girl. I had a great job befoe I fell pregnant but I can't imagine how I could go back to it with babies due to the long hours and high stress. The money would be nice but I think we can get by as is.

Looking forward to hearing about your babies.

Elle

:smt039 hi Elle! Welcome to BB! WOW it sounds like you and Lachlan have a great thing going!

Welcome to bellybelly Elle!

Not much going on here. lily is a lot more settled today. Yay. She had a big sleep last night, about 9 hours! DP is flying up to brisbane for an interview tomorrow. I'll miss him, but will be good to have some time to myself iykwim?

Hope everyones having a good day.

Take care,

mooshie Guest

hi all

welcome to elle and lachlan - sounds like you are having fun together.

yay tegan for lily doing 9hrs last night it sure can make a difference

michelle - can totally relate to dh he sounds so much like my dh, hopeless lol when my hubby is home he just stays in the shed and drinks and smokes oh yes and plays with jay (as he says) really more like supervising, and i end up spending my time sorting the two of them out - they can both be a bit pig headed sometimes. and tell me your secret about the kiddies still eating their vegies - jay only eats potato, and if i am really lucky he might have a pea or carrot, the only way i get vegies into him is by sneaking them in - through all sorts of weird and wonderful ways lol.

lani did ok with the formula - but wouldn't you know it i had heaps of milk at 7pm so i fed her one side then when she came up for air and a burb i gave her the formula - she screwed her face a little but sucked away and when i took the bottle from her she screamed lol so she must like it, she was wide awake when i put her down and i thought here we go it is going to take ages to settle her - she is usually quite drowsy when i put her down, could not believe she just grabbed her dummy and turned her head and went to sleep through to 5am which was good but not as good as the 7 till 7 we were getting before all our problems, i fed her at 5am but she was scratching around her neck were her rash is, she settled well and then woke for the day at 7am so all in all quite good.

i went to the chemist today and got some stuff for her rash hope it clears up soon - i think it maybe a dribble/heat rash fingers crossed it is not food related, i hate having to deal with all of jays allergies, it was clearing and last night i gave lani a rusk whilst i was cooking dinner and it flared up again - so maybe it is that or hopefully it is just the excess dribble she accumulates when chewing on the rusk - hate her to be allergic to something like wheat - would make it so difficult.

well thats my day in a nutshell - won't be back again tonight - home and away, dancing with the stars and all saints - gees i am a tragic, lol

see yas

Hi all

Welcome Elle! It's nice to hear things are going well with Lachlan. I am a SAHM also with two munchkins, Harrison (Harry) is 2 and Grace is 3 months.

Had a great mini-break with Stephen. So relaxing, we went to Yeppoon which is on the coast near Rockhampton and we went for a day trip to Great Keppel Island, which was nice except I got really sunburnt. We spent too much money though - I got a reality check when I came home and bought nappies and formula and saw our bank balance!
    Great Keppel has one of those contiki resorts on it for 18-35 year olds. I felt so out of place there amongst all the single people my own age! Here's me and DH married with 2 kids and we felt old next to people our own age!

Spoke to SIL this morning. Her DH is being a real [email protected]*hole about her being pg again. When she told him he said "That's bad news" then he went and sulked in his shed for a while then he came inside and actually said to her 'Have you thought about getting rid of it'. I couldn't believe it. So she said to him 'Have you thought about packing your bags, the baby is staying it's up to you if you stay'. So things are not good in their relationship atm. He won't talk to her and is being grumpy with the kids. Grrrr he needs to wake up to himself. I mean really if you think the withdrawal method is good contraception then you are asking for it. He knew she wasn't on the pill and she told him numerous times that she could get pregnant (which was fine with her), but now he is carrying on like she tricked him and it's the end of the world. Financially they are fine, he earns good money and they own a nice home and can afford to support another baby so that is not a reason to be so negative about it.
    It just makes me mad, especially that he would suggest getting rid of it. So selfish and insensitive. I just hope he is not this way when the baby is born.

Anyway, that sounds like it belongs in punching bag! Better go organise dinner and hang out washing

just saying hi quickly while eliana is watching the tv - she loves the news, probably thinks they are talking to her!! she has been unsettled since coming back from my brothers but a friend did a bowen massage on her so not sure if it worked or not.
    i'm trying to get myself into a regular baby group & it's alot harder than i thought - i just want to meet up with mums with babies of similiar age about once a fortnight but not having too much luck so far.
    anyway hope all your gorgeous babies are thriving

HI Girls,
    Just a quick one as I have to do tea!

Welcome Elle and Lachlan!

So glad you had a relaxing time Bon! Just imagine this: Arron and I are 30 with 4 kids, so we definetly wouldn't fit in up there, although it sounds really nice LOL! Your poor SIL, hope things settle down soon for her.

Michelle- not sure about the reason why the kids eat vegies, so I can't really pass any magic cure to you, wish I could though. Good signs for Lani, hope it lengthens out for you, 7am is so nice!

I know there were others but I can't remember them,

I am taking Jemma to hve her finger xrayed tomorrow, and then going to stupid centrelink to hand them a stupid form AGAIN (as you can tell I am not impressed with them at the moment). I have to by a 3 yr old bday pres and I am taking my cousin along to help with the girls, should be an ok day, lunch out so can't ask for much more I guess.

What night is Medium on? I need to watch that.

Anyway jessica needs feeding, gotta go
    Cheers Michelle

Hi everyone, I hope you're all well and your bubbas too.
    Michelle, medium is on tonight @ 8:30 (now). I hope you don't miss it. Is it good. I used to be sooo jealous of Patricia Arquette's boobs. They looked so good in True Romance they almost stole the film.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast