Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 Months - 3 Years, July '05

Ooooooer @ all of the MIL stories!
    I have to say that I have a lovely MIL... we have had our problems in the past, however we seem to be over all of that. She is just so supportive of DP and I, and loves Aidyn to pieces. She can be very overbearing at times, but I usually just nod and smile... there is just no point arguing with her. I think both me and her have the personality where we just want everyone/everything to be happy... and we will always try our best to keep it that way - even if it means things aren't being said....

I'm a bit annoyed with DP tonight. He has been on his (MY) computer since this morning, and has pretty much been on there all day. Not only does that mean I cant get on BB, but I'm also annoyed cause I have been doing everything around the house, and with Aidyn, and just wish he would come out and talk to us. He may as well be at work! Well, I've learnt my lesson now - thats the LAST time I encourage him to go buy a new piece of computer equipment/software!!
    I was feeling so BB deprived, that I am now using his work laptop (which sux )
    And now he wants to go and see his brother tomorrow... so I told him he would have to take Aidyn with him.

Ok, laundry is finished, I have to go and hang it up now... (am I the only one that does laundry at 11pm? 8-[ )

And after that its time for bed... will write more tomorrow!

Oh Ambah I do laundry at 11pm.... not usually in the winter though I must admit lmao, but in the summer I do cause I hate going out in the heat to hang it up, so I do a few loads from 9pm and then hang it all out and bring it in when I get up in the morning before it gets too hot

@ Jackson too. Andrew was on the computer alot of the day today too but that is cool, at least i have a sparkling toilet and bathroom now

Love

over here *waves* I also do laundry at 11pm - especially if I know that I am going to be out and about the next day. I have found out the hard way that missing one day of laundry here is not advised! Just too much to catch up on!

Havent been in for a while, but can I join in the IL bashing???? I actually call them the "outlaws" ( DH knows) Well my MIL is essentially a very self centred person, who will only do things for herself, she doesnt really give a rats fat about the kids ( her only g'kids) as long as she has photo's so she can brag at work, we havent seen her since Mothers day, coz I told DH I wasnt going to their house while pg, as they all smoke in the house, and I refuse to put us through that.
    She is apparantly coming here for lunch next sunday ( so DH has organised) I wish she would only take a small plate of food, as she fills hers up, then eats one to two bits of every food ( to keep the weight down - a pointed comment as she is a size 8 and Im an 18)

When Rianna was born she told us it was an inconvenient time, so would not drive the 45 mins to visit, as she had things on, and would see the baby when it was a better time!!! WTF????

Has told us this time, that unless baby born over the weekend will not be able to visit for a while as she has to work ( as a receptionist) The biggest thing that p**ses me off, is that it all hurts DH's feelings, and he ends up in tears because of her attitude ( I couldnt give a ***)

Keeps saying cant wait until the daughter settles down and gives her some grandchildren ( as ours are obviously not good enough quality!!)
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOh sorry, I'll shut up now, I wont do this again, sorry guys, but feeling raggy today and reading all about yours Michelle set me off, Abject apologies to all who have just read this drivel!!! ](*,)

LOL Vanita this is a really good place to get it out & vent!! Go for it
    WOW we must have Outlaw awards soon

Thanks Christy, DH listens agrees and joins in on occasions but I feel its mean to talk about his family too much as its not his fault, and he gets upset at how selfish they all are, so I try not to throw it at him tooo much!!!

LOL Vanita i am more than happy to listen to others MIL stories, cos it makes me feel good to know I'm not the only one!

Ambah so glad you get along with yours, although I have to say mine wasn't always the way she is now, when menopause started she changed! She is now 55 and had a hysterectomy a few yrs ago, boy did she turn *****y.

Kathryn- I am PMSL at how much our MIL are the same, how about this: when we got here for lunch or dinner, I dish the kids then myself, she dishes FIL and Arron gets his, she then does her tiny plates worth. I often put a little bit first and then go back for a little bit more rather than fill the plate. She then tells Arron to get more and me too, but as you are there dishing she starts saying how we have to leave enough for FIL's lunch the next day, so I feel really uncomfortable taking what I want cos then FIl won't have much lunch. I mean it's a roast lunch and she is always stashing stuff away so no one can eat it, it really pmo!

Christy i think MIL's use food as a weapon, they always cook their ds' favourites and point it out too, I love when I cook something and Arron says that's the best he's had cos it's 1 point to meLOL I think they cvook stuff we don't like just to show us we are not in charge.

Oh well it was nice to get that out, and I have so enjoyed sharing stories.

Ambah- bugger at missing out on the computer time, Arron luckily has no clue about the computer, he is an xbox junkie and the best thing is if he's playing it then I will sit on the computer cos why should I work while he plays LOL

My Brother brought his new gf here last night, and I can't believe how well we got on....bet they don't stay together now!LOL She is the same age as me, Had her first baby 2 mths bf I had Jordan (also both 19 when we had our 1st bub), had her 2nd bub in the same yr as I had my 2nd. She is 1 cm taller than I am, ie I am very short lol so to meet someone almost same size is rare, she is a nurse I am a teacher and we just got along really well. Jordan really liked her and kept asking could she bring her 10yo to visit, and Jemma said she LOVED her LOL. Fingers crossed things work out for my bro as she is really nice IMO of course LOL.

Anyway, Arron is working and my niece is here as my brother is working on cars out the front, so lucky me hit the babysitting jackpot!

Oh well what can you do!

I too am an 11pm washer, I am busy all day so I just keep going till I drop and if that means washing at nihgt then that's what I do, I fold it and hang it and put it in the dryer too, at least if I fold when the kids are in bed they don't run off with clothes piles unfolding them as they go.LOL

better go got ebay stuff to do, and shouold eat some food too I guess! At least the kids have had lunch!

Cheers Michelle

Wow ladies... so many MIL stories!

My MIL and I get along fine these days. It didn't start out that way. When I first met DH she kept trying to set him up with old girlfriends (asking them over for holidays etc). Then when we married, she sobbed her way through the ceremony (not tears of happiness) and expressed her great regret that her DS was with me and that I had changed him etc etc

Yes he had changed, but I wasn't the reason. You see at that stage his family was into a lot of illegal stuff and wrapped up in the bikie scene, so for her DS to go from actively participating in that lifestyle to going to studying at a College to become a Minister in the space of a couple of months was a huge spin out for her.

She softened over the years, especially when my DD was born. And two years ago at age 50 she had a severe stroke. She has almost completely recovered from that which is great, but what's better is that she now seems to have lost the bitterness and vindictive part of her nature. So out of something quite tragic good has come

So there is hope.

Mystifying- that is sad about the stroke, but if it helped her be a nicer person then maybe that is a plus. Isn't it funny how they try to manipulate their sons? I am sure my MIL didn't want Arron to settle down at such a uyoung age (19) and was hoping we would break up way before marraige and kids, bad luck to her though cos it didn't work out her way ...for once. I think she would love Arron to move home cos then she couild be his mummy again.

Cheers Michelle

I found out that my FIL tried to talk Andrew out of getting married the day before our wedding !!! He told Andrew I wasn't good enough, thankfully Andrew didn't listen to him LOL. MIL always goes on how she would like a black granchild, cause she thinks black babies are cute ](*,)

Love

I think Kimberley has another tooth coming she has woken will a red cheeks and a runny nose. She always has them when one is on it's way. Well i am hoping it's that and not a cold coming.

My MIL did do one good thing while she was here she brought us lots of meat for the freezer so now i don't have to buy any for a while \/

Kathryn!! OMG at your IL's!!

Mitch, your MIL sounds like she needs to buy a puppy!

Hmmm all I can say is that I must be one of the lucky ones who has never had a prob with her MIL... 8-[

Michelle I hope kimberley's tooth comes through soon... Emily never seem not to be teething of late, but they are coming though slooowly!!

Emily is get so much closer to being toilet trained . Prob is if she has any pants on she doesn't like to go to the toilet, she'll wet them, so most of the time she has no pants on at all!!
    She walked up to alecia the other day and pointed at her t-shirt and said "red". Alecia had a red shirt on... so cute!!
    They are such a great source of entertainment!!

Tanya

Tanya - Well done with Emily and the toilet training. IKWYM with the pants thing Kimberley is just the same but she has never gone on the potty or toilet.
    I think we are getting closer as she has started to sit on the potty with nothing on.

Emily is get so much closer to being toilet trained Big Smile . Prob is if she has any pants on she doesn't like to go to the toilet, she'll wet them, so most of the time she has no pants on at all!!
    Kam was exactly like that as well, and then we managed to get pants on but he wouldn't wear jocks. As soon as jocks went on he would wet them. So he spent all of last winter either butt naked or running around with pants on but no jocks. (no wonder why he got a bladder infection lol)

Happy to say though a year on a he is fully trained 'cept nights, although nights are getting better and he has just started taking himself as well without asking me to go with him YAY.

Lvoe

babies Guest

Hi!
    My DH is in France, again.
    Gabry and Sere are ill.
    I hope I will write you next days.
    Sorry, but I'm alone and I must stay with my ill children.
    By
    Ely

awww Ely thats no good. I hope that your babies get better really soon & you get some help too. It sounds like you could use some help *hugs*

Well I have officially gotten that dreaded thing that has been keeping my family sick. I woke up this morning feeling awful. DH stayed around a bit longer this morning until I put a VERY tired Matilda back to bed after only being awake and hour :-k She went to bed early last night after missing an afternoon sleep & woke up once and then again at 7am really hungry, but once fed she just wanted to get back to sleep.... we managed to keep her up an hour but finally let her after a huge tantrum over us not letting her climb on top of the bird cage (funny that)...new obsession for her, the bird. Now she's back awake after 15 minutes of quiet and just chatting with herself, so I think I'll leave her for a while have a shower & some coffee before I let her out, maybe she'll go back to sleep...

It's great to hear that Emily is 'normal' with her tting

Christy... I hope that cold doesn't stay long.

Ely, it's not fun with sick children, I hope they get well soon

Tanya

I thought I'd come back and there would be tons of pages but people are a little quiet.

Christy- I hope you fell better soon.

Tanya- Jemma TT much the same, I just let her run around half naked, but lucky for me it all worked quicklly and she tt'ed by 20 mths. Was I happy or what!

I have so much to catch up on so I am going to keep on moving, oh and I just noticed that 1 of Jemma's 2 yr old molars is totally out and the other 3 are almost fully out, didn't even notice it was happening! Hope Kimberly's teeth come soon Michelle.

Cheers Michelle

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast