Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 Months - 3 Years, July '05

Thanks girls, Matilda did finally go back to sleep & slept 3 hours!!! :shock: then she slept 1 1/2 hours this arvo... but the poor sausage had heaps of diarrhoea today, so I'm wondering if I should take her to the GP....she's eating, happy and fine otherwise... :-k its so hard to make the call... I don't want to take her if everything's fine but 5 runny poo's in one day is a bit high...

I've started a diary of Matilda's days since we are on the waiting list to get into the sleep school to keep track of what she's doing and the poo's have been runny for 2 days, but only 1-2 a day and todays worse, but DH & her have both been vomitting over the weekend...argh I wish I had someone here to say "she's sick again with ..." or "nope she's fine, look at her climbing the bird cage...' LOL if she has diarrhoea tomorrow we are definately booking her in...

Well the night only got better.... all I can say is Matilda's walls have a wash of brown over them atm and when she wakes up I hope to clean those...after the 4 loads of washing that is soaking atm....the car seat has had to be cleaned after our Dr appt this morning & I am covered in it. Matilda's had 3 baths...has the rawest nappy rash ever & I'm really over things just about....now.

Dr suggested we take Matilda out of day care for 6 months as her body is not getting a chance to recover, she's gone from one viral infection to another & now she has tonsilitis for the 3rd time in the past 3 months. Dr is not willing to give Matilda any more antibiotics for 2 days so hopefully her guts will get a chance to recover before we put them through hell again. So, we have a 48 hour wait and if her diarrhoea gets better then we are good, if not then she's out of day care & I have to quit working Monday's and start working every Saturday again because we need the $$....

Sorry for no personals...I will get happy today, just needed to vent about it...

Hi Everyone ,
    Sorry to hear about all those sick little bub's. Kayne is also sick. I am worried that he has that respiratory thing that is going around. I took him to the doc's on Monday as he has had a very clogged up chest. He is on anti biotics but they do not seem to be doing anything. I think I will give them one more day and then ring the doc to see if he should be getting better by that time.
    Dont start me on MIL's.... Mine lives about 20 minutes away and sees her daughter (who lives interstate) more than she sees us!!!!
    She rang me the other night before she went interstate and said ' I dont know how you do it - working fulltime - looking after Kayne while you work and then chase after 2 teenage kids and do all the house work'. Then she had the nerve to invite her herself for dinner next week when she comes back with her 35yo old daughter and 2 grand kids. I'm like 'so when did you want me to fit in cooking a nice dinner for you all when I cant even manage to cook my own family tea some nights - cos I am just so damn busy!!!

And DH ... well he just smiled at me - Like.... you'll manage! I just wanted to punch him!
    :evil:

Awww Christy, Poor little Matilda !!! If it isn't one thing it is another isn't it. We bloody need a transporter so we can beam up there and give you a hand

Not much going on here, was at playgroup from 9am-3pm today 8-[ just wanted to get out of the house and have a break from the computer. I was also told there was no playgroup on Friday (after our morning session had finished mind you) and I said "thanks for bloody telling me I have organised everyone to come in for an end of term break up party" ](*,) So they have let me have the keys and alarm code to the place so I can let ourselves in on Friday morning WOOHOO.

Lachlan had bright red cheeks a couple of days ago, and a couple of grumpy days, but haven't spotted any new molars. He has 1 fully through.

Anyway shall leave it at that for now. Hope everyone has a good Thursday.

Love

yep here's hoping for a better Thursday!!

I called DH home because I was feeling shocking & Matilda was still doing a poo an hour and I couldn't cope with the screeching & the need for constant attention....so he came home & finally became useful around 3, so I could rest for 30 minutes and then shower & start to get ready for work tonight. She refused to sleep this arvo, but after a 3 hour nap this morning I don't blame her. But she's still really runny...sorry if TMI. So if its still the case (just changed a nappy minutes ago) in the morning we will have to take a poo sample for the GP to try and find out what else is wrong...if she's depressed at all we are headed to the hospital for some hydration as she'd be pretty dehydrated by now. Thankfully she's drunk some of the electrolytes this arvo & evening... I so hope we can avoid the hospital [-o<

Thanks Kat...wow thats a huge day at playgroup!! How did the boys go once home?? Matilda doesn't handle it too well being there from 9-12 so 3 more hours would be so hard!!

Oh Christy poor Matilda and poor you....OI so hope things turn the corner soon, and terrible news about having to take her out of daycare too, but whatever helps her get better is prob best. When Josh was in daycare he was also constantly sick, and bt 1 and 18mths he actually lost weight, so it is a common thing but not something you need that's for sure.

Kathryn- hope you have a lovely party at playgroup, thank goodness you can still have it after all the preparations.

Josh had a friends party today and then we went to broadmeadows shopping, Big w's toy sale starts tomorrow and so does Kmarts and the learning house I want for Jessica's bday is $99 sio my brother is going to pick it up at 7am so we don't miss out. If he didn't go on his way to work my plan was to drive 40mins to the nearest kmart and be there at 7amLOL desperateor what?

Anyway better go
    Michelle

LOL at driving 40 minutes Michelle....ikwym, when you find something, you've GOT to have it

Not much good news on the Matilda front... more walls covered this morning. I'm attempting to get a poo sample (not very easy)..but I'm getting more concerned now because everything is coming straight out within 15 minutes of feeding her or giving her a bottle... :-k BUT she's happy enough, except starting to look really really skinny & I know not much nourishment has gotten in. I've been sitting outside her bedroom door while she's sleeping thinking "what do I do? Do I go back to the GP? Do I go to the hospital...she's looking pretty dehydrated...but she's happy and climbing around still...no temp, nothing other than all her food is coming straight out...she's lost weight again..." So I think I'll get this poo sample and leave a msg for the GP to phone me back...

Oh Christy

You sound like what I sounded like when Kam had really bad gastro, but he was only 4 weeks old, my walls etc were covered as well. Will never forget that First time I had nearly hurled in a nappy change. His Gastro also lasted for 4weeks (you probably didn't want to hear that lol) but I was told to keep pumping BM into him as often as I could.

We had to do poo samples cause at one stage it was really slimy and blood streaked and had to see a Paed etc etc etc. So I definitely feel for you.

Love

whew...I haven't gone insane...we've brough a bucket into the room for us as we've both been gagging while trying to help her out.

I did speak with the GP who said to keep pumping liquids into her as much as possible and it didn't matter what it was, and to only feed her bland rice or yogurt & fruit... so I was thinking I might make some fruit & rice things for her...the thing is she's really hungry too. And because she's running around its a good thing & not to worry until she gets unsettled or flat...(I don't know what I'd do if Matilda went flat! )

Wow that is weird specially with the fruit, cause your meant to avoid fruit/dairy when you have gastro LOL.

Also with Hydrolyte you can buy them in tubes that you can freeze so it is like a iceblock. She may be more keen to have it like that, then trying to drink it ??

Love

I've done some frozed hydrolytes but she doesn't like the coldness LOL... but I've also got some & the GP told me to make some jelly too...so when we drop off this poo sample we'll stop by to get some jelly mix....

Christy - Hope Matilda is feeling better soon.

I have had Kimberley sick with a cold all week thought she was teething but not so sure now. She is still not to good poor thing has fallen asleep on the floor.
    All she wants is cuddles and me to herself.

Another one here with a cold !!!

Lachlan has been coughing his guts up all morning and has a runny nose again. I even got a text msg from Andrew this morning asking which kid was coughing his guts up, so I said it must have been Lachlan since he has been doing it all morning. Gave him a dose of panadol and he has been laying quietly on the lounge, so I will see if I can get him into bed soon.

He was funny earlier. Kam was crying (had a long night with him) cause he is just overtired and was laying on the floor sooking. Lachlan went up to him and started patting him on the back. So cute.

Love

Oh Christy I just feek for you both, and poor Matilda, well the advice about the going flat thing sounds right though. If she's still bubbly that's a good sign, hope things get better real quick though cos it's just not nice at all.

Kathryn bugger about the coughing, we still haev 2 coughing and it is terrible.

Michelle- hope Kimberly feels better soon too.

Wow lots of sickness around.

Gotta go and do lunch for the kids
    Cheers Michelle

wow I never knew exactly how quickly something could go in one end & out the other, aparently 7 minutes.... some of her pasta from lunch & some of the meat from the bol sauce came straight out... it was amazing, smelled like food, not poo LOL which was a relief. Poor Lachlan & Kimberley...we are a sick bunch aren't we? LOL...

Heaps of get well vibes to all our baby buddies!!

Oh Christy I don't know what to say, that's terrible for Matilda, does it distress her to have this happen? At least you will be keeping the nappy companies in business! How is she sleeping through all this?

Cheers Michelle

Its weird Michelle because its not distressing her at all, maybe because we are being heaps diligent & her nappy rash is really small compared to whats happened in the past. She seems to wake up doing a poo, so we aren't feeding her within an hour of a nap, and she tends to do okay thank goodness....

So many people having a tough time at the moment. I hope you're all feeling well soon (and your littlies of course).

My two are fine. Took them to get hair cuts this morning. Zeke actually sat still for the first time in the chair today, so his haircut looks quite handsome for once. Usually it's lopsided because he wiggles so much. #-o

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast