Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 Months - 3 years, June '05

Have a fantastic weekend away Ambah. I know what you mean about their new skills, once they realise they can do something every day it improves dramatically. Lachlan did 2 steps yesterday but they were sideways steps and not forward so I don't really count them.

Oooer at Aaron giving you $100 michelle. Did you get something nice with it ??

Well I should get myself motivated. I have to put my boots on and walk thru the mud down the otherside of the house to let myself in the laundry via the sliding doors, as the door knob decided to stop working on me on the normal door LMAO.

Love

Yay at Aidyn Ambah, it just happens so quickly doesn't it! And have a good time away, it is hard but after a few times of leaving you really can relax and appreciate the break away.

Kathryn- bummer at that door handle. Your boy is in a hurry too, wants to beat you prediction LOL Typical male wnanting to prove you wrong LOL

The $100 was a nice surprise, the shopping went well. It was a nice day out I got a pair of jeans $17 and a windcheater 3 prs of socks and 2 prs undies and spent just over $50. So that was good. It was a little disappointing though cos there were all these cool kids shops and my gf wouldn't let me even look, she said the day is about me, but truthfully I would have loved to look in the kids shops cos it is so far away from home that I am unlikely to go back anytime soon. Oh well...

Am doing nothing today, should clean and wash but can't be bothered LOL What's new then.

Michelle Glad to hear Kimberly had a good day. MIL whill be gone before you know it and you'll be able to settle things down for Kimberly and Alex, you'll see!
    See ya
    Michelle

*Yvette* Guest

Hi girls. Hope you're all having a nice weekend.
    Had a vague plan of getting things done today but have forgotten about it and not even dressed yet.
    Angus wouldn't have a nap yesterday at all, but went to bed at 5.30pm & slept through til 7.30. He has another cold now, his 2nd. There was only a few weeks gap since the last one. Back to the Demazin & Panadol, lucky he takes it easily, the colour free ones seem to taste better.
    Time to pop him down for a nap now, then I suppose I should get showered and dressed.

All best intentions Yvette! Oh well holidays are for resting after all, bummer about Angus cold though, that's the only thing I hate about winter.

We have done almost nothing this weekend too. I did some vacuuming but only cos I have a new vacuum cleaner, and it picks up everything, not like my old crappy thing. It is the Kambrook Jaguar Bagless vac and I just had to use it. Other than that I have played games with the kids and done a couple of loads of washing, but not folded or put it away. I thought maybe I could fire tomorrow but I don't think I will cos I'll prob go to mum's, so maybe Wednesday. That's the only thing about long weekends, I don't get anything done for the short part of the week.

Oh well I hope everyone else is having a nice day, the weather is so crappy, I haven't even left the house today. Must go and start getting something organised for dinner.
    Cheers Michelle

3 days to go!!! 8-[

Rofl Christy.

I am sitting here waiting for my climber aka Lachlan to fall off the lounge. The more I take him off it the more he climbs back up..... OMG he has just realised how to use to the coffee table to get himself down. The little bugga!!

Still not walking which is fine by me but we haven't done any practising for a couple of days either cause we have been busy with other stuff.

I hope everyone had a good long weekend, for those states that had it

Crappy weather here again today, hammering it down outside.

Love

OMG Christy, time flies when you are having fun hey!

kathryn- Lachlan must think it's wonderful to all of a sudden be able to do all that he is. But it really makes you see how much he is growing. That';s it get rid of all the furniture, you can stop him if you really try LOL. No that won't work but it may slow him down.

Well we have been at mum's today so the house is a mess but I thought I'd check in here before cooking tea.

Jemma told me that Mum doesn't need me to help her selling scrapbooking stuff on ebay anymore cos she is going to be the helper, she will type letters but Jessica will be doing the emailling. Yeah I'd like to see that!LOL

Oh well, it hasn't rained today, ****ed down most of the night though. Arron is firing up finishing Jemma's new bedroom, he started it 3 weeks before Jessica was born and now she is 9 mths so it would be nice to have it done and to move her in anytime now. I am going to have a look at paint colours tomorrow, something bright and pink I am thinking to match our darling Jemma's bubbly personality.

Anyone know of a good pink?

Cheers Michelle

lol @ knowing about a good pink.. Can't help you with that one... How about Sky Blue with a Midnight blue feature wall instead j/k even we don't have that, all our walls inc bedroom are russian white or something stupid like that or is that the eaves :-k. Anyway it is a very light beigey colour

As for the weather it has basically ****ed down here all day but haven't had as much as I thought we have. Only 3.5mm so not a great deal really just making a grey and gloomy day instead.

Love

Hey Lucy, have transferred your details across, hope Mitchell had a fabulous birthday!

Happy Birthday to Mitchell!!!

Woohoo! Rainy day here today - for the first time in AGES!! Only bummer is that I couldnt walk to the gym this morning.

Aidyn is teething again (does it ever stop?) and has had high fevers and a boiling hot bright red cheek since 3am this morning. At least this time I know what is causing it, so am not too worried, though its still not nice to see my darling boy in pain
    Right now he's watching his Spot DVD, comfortably reclining into DP's beanbag... looks like he's about to be swallowed up by it, LOL, sooo cute!

lol @ being swallowed by the bean bag Ambah.

Both my boys have head colds again at the moment. Lachlan isn't too bad, and Kam is constantly sniffing and is croaky when talking ](*,)

How is everyone else

Happy Birthday Mitchell

Love

Happy bday Mitchell, and welcome Lucy, long time no see!LOL

Kathryn- hope the boys colds don't stay long, not fun for you at all. How are you going with the playgroup president stuff?

Ambah- poor Aidyn, hope his teeth come through soon. I felt so sorry for Jessica the last time she had all that happening, cos the teeth actually didn't come through, so she has to do it all again. Bummer about not being able to walk to the gym, does that mean you missed out?

It is overcast and yucky here, and the cold weather is making me so tired, just want to stay in bed, esp this morning, but I had to get up and get kids ready for school, so I just sat around till 10am and slowly woke up.

Jemma is just asking me where her Dad goed? And then informed me that he's my Huband! She is fascinated at the moment with the " You're my MUM and all the other kids mum, and Daddy's MUm! And she is having a hard time getting her head around it all. She'll get it eventually but it is so cute.

Anyway gotta go eat and then see about going to the hardware for paint for Jemma'S Room.

Cheers Michelle

Yeah it is going great Michelle. Getting a few things done around the place which is fantastic. Was a bit of a shock this morning to see all the slide equipement gone though. Just as well it was raining so the kids didn't miss it anyway. All the play stuff is permapine so they are getting rid of it all and getting new play stuff.

I told them to buy the $2000 activity thing from toys 4 tikes lmao but they weren't into that. I have to do a bit more fundraising first hahahaha. They are spending $4000 so we can have a bigger shed. Our small tool shed is cluttered and leaks, so they are getting a new and much bigger one installed YAY. Also getting a brand new sandpit put it with cement sides and not permapine. So it is all going to be happening within the next couple of weeks.

The kindy had a fire crew come visit them today so the older playgroup boys (Kam and a few others) were very interested in the truck with the sirens wailing and the lights flashing lmao.

No playgroup on Friday cause the kindy teachers are at a training course so nobody to open up, even though they said I could if I wanted too but I said "nah we'll have the day off" lol. Which is good actually cause I hope the boys shake their cold by the time monday comes around again.

Love

Sounds like you are doing a great job Kathryn, you know one of the fundraisers I really loved was the one where the kids decorate a plate and it gets sent away and fired . Joshua had that in Kinder and Jordan did one too and they love having their own plates for dinnertime. And the other one I liked was the photograper for family photos. Would've been great to get the little tikes play ground stuff, maybe next time lol.

Well we have picked the pink for Jemma's room, it is called Molly Pink and she has been walking around with the sample all arvo, even took it into the supermarket.LOL Arron has started it and shouold have all the pink done by tomorrow, or so he says, not sure how it's supposed to dry in this weather. Oh that's right he is running a tiny electric heater which will cost a small fortune, but at least the paint will be dry LOL

Cheers Michelle

Well, Aidyn now has molar #3 through, and #4 is close as well. I'm glad they're all coming through in such quick succession, less trauma for the both of us, lol.
    Had to miss gym again this morning cause I met up with my little sister to go shopping. then we came home and I dyed her hair... was meant to be a dark brown, but turned out jet-black, oops! LOL
    And will probably skip gym again tomorrow morning so I can do my hair while she is still here. Was going to do it tonight, but the urge to hop onto the puter was too great

Michelle - I had to LOL at Jemma taking the paint sample with her to the supermarket... how cute is that!

Hope your boys are feeling better soon Kat!

Good news Ambah about Aidyns teeth, hope the 4th is as painless as possibele. How did your sis feel about black hair? I hope yours turns out the colour you want it to be.LOL

I have to tell you when Molly pink is painted on the wall it is very bright and a very dark pink at the same time if that makes sense. once all the skirtings and stuff are painted white it will be fine but ATM it is very PINK! Jemma just loves it.

My sister emailled me and asked did I want to come to QLD in Aug to visit her, so I am looking into airfares, not much in the way of cheap fares atm though so I am just gonna wait a couple of weeks, I could fly from Avalon, but can't be bothered driving out there, so we'll see what happens closer to then.

Anyway better keep moving, would like to be in bed bf midnight for once LOL
    Cheers michelle

Hey girls,
    Amber... Yay on finally getting those teeth thro!! Hopefull not much longer for the next one.
    Emily has teeth coming thro atm too... ugh!! Talk about grumpy!

Wow Kathrny... sounds like there is a lot going on at kindy!! Lucky kids! You sound like you get a lot out of it. I must admit I never enjoyed the helping out at kinda... now that I am older it may be different when Em goes... but poor Alecia didn't get to see me help out much.

Mitch, Jemma's room sounds great!! Alecia would love it!! Are you all going to go to QLD?

WEll I forgot to come in here and tell you all my Wooohoo!! Emily did a wee in the potty ('Emily's toilet') on saturday... She has only done one little dribble since, but it's a start.
    Her latest thing is to ask to go to bed alllll the time... As soon as she has a reason to sook she'll ask to go to bed, if she gets into trouble she's "bed, bed, bed"... it's verrrry annoying!! LOL

Tanya

LOL @ asking to goto bed tanya. I wish Kameron asked to go has been a fight to get him into it the last 2 nights. Tonight he will be up late cause we have to go out. WTG to Emily for doing wee in the potty as well. What a big girl

Oooer at going to Queensland Michelle !! Can you pack me in your suitcase We are going to Cairns for November 13 2012, seems like years away. Going up there for the total solar eclipse. We went for the one in Ceduna in 2000 (that was only 9 hrs away for us though lol) and anyway we are addicted now, so any that are total eclipse in Australia we will go to.

Geeze Ambah, Aiydn is pushing those teeth through fast isn't he. Lachlan only has 1 molar at present I think

Well all is going good here. I actually got a phone call from the kindy director yesterday to congratulate me for helping our playgroup become one of the busiest in our area. We are getting a free active play workshop from Playgroup SA come out in 2 weeks because of it, and also the education dept is sending 2 trained ppl out in showing kids how to do more creative stuff and teaching them songs/rhymes etc. For at least 1 term and if the numbers keep swelling it could be indefinitely

Unfortunately though they will be doing a Monday and Tuesday arvo and we dont' have sessions then so now we have to look for people that want to do those arvo sessions too LMAO, shouldn't be too hard cause it is all hands on stuff for the kids. I will goto the Tuesday arvo session cause I already goto the Monday morning one and a whole day there is too much on the boys (well Lachlan anyway) Think I will just pack my bag and live at playgroup 8-[

Mum is a bit worried, cause I work for her that I wont get time to help her out. I said it wouldn't be too much of an issue cause it just means a bit less time on the computer, and i prefer to do my work for her on a weekend or night time anyway so Andrew can look after the kids.

Anyway enough rambiling LOL

Love

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast