Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 Months - 3 Years, May '05

Alex went from two day sleeps of 2 hours each to one day sleep of about 2-3 hours when he was about 15 months. We've never had a strict routine, he's always slept when he is tired, so it was really what he wanted, not what I wanted!!

He's now teething madly - both top eye teeth AND both bottom incisors... you know how I was boasting about his "holes" between his molars and the other teeth.. well they're filling in now! At least we get them all at once, I wouldn't want this sleeplessness for four separate teeth!

Does anyone have a record for the amount of times a child falls out of the "big bed" in one night? We had three "fallouts" last night...

AND we also had our first sleepwalk... at 12:30am I hear "Mummee STUCK!" and I go into his room and he's trying to climb into his cot... (which is still there for when #2 comes along.) Put him back to bed and he curls up with his teddy. The whole time his eyes were shut and he was asleep...

Why did I get the wierd one??

I think we have only ever had three fallouts max when Kam went into a bed. Lachlan will go into a big bed when he turns 2.

Aww at the sleepwalking. I had to laugh at "mumee stuck" I get that when Andrew and Kameron are play fighting.

Love

LOL Divvy at lex sleep walking too, must have been dreaming of better days LOL.

We haven't had bed fallouts with Jemma as she has the safety rail and about 35 dolls/teddies in bed with her, nobody falls out of that bed, she almost doesn't fit!LOL She went into her bed at 19mths which is why we brought the safety rail, it was a worthwhile investment.

Not much happening today, looking forward to staying home tomorrow to catch up on the housework and washing.

Cheers Michelle

Not much happened here today. We have playgroup again tomorrow so I should really be in bed LOL. Kameron's best friend wont be going to playgroup tomorrow so he will be ****ty about that, but he will see her tomorrow arvo as I need to go somewhere so the mum is going to take me

Love

We have not been doing much. Put some of Kimberley's videos away as i am fed up with watching the samething all the time. Plus she has worked out how to change a video over so we get half way then she puts something else on.
    I have left one out and will change it over later in the day when she is not looking.

Any one find that there child loves to get in the bath or shower ??

Kimberley had a bath last night then after she got out a little while later i went to get in and she was undressing herself to get in again.
    If we shower in the morning she gets in also and will not get out until you turn the water off.

I know one day i will be saying she will not bath or shower.

Yep Rianna is the same, hears the water and comes running, will get in fully dressed though, calls out Ba Ti very excited about the water!!!

Had to laugh at the pic of Rhianna jumping in fully clothed.
    Michelle- Jemma had a bath and then a shower the other night, and she loves to stand in the shower for ages too, I think cos its warm and she gets to have the ducks and stuff in the bottom of the shower, she also loves the bath, my prob is I have to make sure she doesn't have soap cos of her excema and the more water she is in the dryer her skin gets.

Jessica also loves to get in the shower, no water running, just crawls in while no one is looking and gets saturated, means I have to change her.

Had to run just then and stop her from doing it as I was typing it. LOL

Stay at home day today, babies are still in their PJS and I am going to get right into the house work, just as soon as I finish up here LOL

Have a great time at playgroup kathryn

Cheers Michelle

Lachlan loves the bath, and will splash in it all day if I let him. He got into the shower the other day, full clothed. I was still in bed and Andrew was on computer and he found some soap and ate it #-o

Playgroup was great packed out, they all sat and made mothers day cards

Love

Kimberley is being so good at the moment the last 3 days she has gone for a lunch time nap with no problem even been able to put her in her bed and not sleep on the sofa.

Alex loves the shower and the bath... sometimes grabs me or DH and takes us into the bathroom... Dadda barf Mummy barf...

and in the mornings he comes in when I'm having a shower... Mummy showa, Mummy wet, good Mummy keen (clean), was (wash) knee, was hair, was back, was feet, was forrid (forehead), mummy out, mummy wet, mummy dry knee, mummy dry back... etc etc etc...

That is so cute Divvy

If Kimberley gets in with you she pushes you out the way and gets under the water and says MINE.

Hi there girls Thanks for the lovely welcoming!

Aidyns party went really well (I think!?) apart from the fact that it rained, which meant I had to have it at our house instead of the park... so I spent the whole morning madly cleaning and scubbing before the guests arrived...
    So we had 20 adults and 5 babies/kids there... it was pretty crowded!
    I am so glad its over... but I think DP and I are still both recovering. I HATE hosting things - I really do.. the few days beforehand were just so stressful, and I felt like I was ignoring everyone at the party cause I didn''t know how to spread myself around, LOL #-o
    Anyway, I think next year we will just have a small family gathering, and Aidyn can have another big party when he turns 5, LOL

Oh yeah, surprisingly I wasnt too emotional or sad that he was turning 1... myabe a little I suppose, but it just makes me happy to see what a beautiful and lovely boy he is growing to be

I am finally catching up on everything today (after spending most of yesterday in bed 8-[ ), have done 2 loads of dishes in the dishwasher, and 4 loads of laundry so far... speaking of... I'd better go and hang up those sheets.

I'll be back later!

Sounds like your one busy girl Ambah I just put Lachlan back to bed, he was woken up by the dog when a friend and her daughter popped over then we had to go out, and just got home.

Soooooo tired. Hope there is no early morning wake up call from Kam tomorrow morning LOL

Love

Ambah, congrats on the wonderful party, I'm sure you'll recover given time!

Kathryn, buy some Phenergan! Wonderful stuff!

Michelle, love the "MINE!" At least we get to share.... "mummy keen, ax keen" (he can't say Alex, so he says Ax!!)

Hi Girls,
    Congratulations on Aidyn's 1st birthday. I was sooo excited before Emily's Birthday... Well done!

Kathryn, I had to laugh at Lachlan eating the soap!! LOL. It must look really yummy to them, but I am sure it tases like crap! Somtimes if I haven't emptied the Baby bath quick enough Emily gets in there, she is so proud of herself when she does do it. I caught her too late today, she had water everywhere!!

LOL at getting the 'weird one' Divvy!! I also had to laugh at him climbing the cot. I just hope he doesn't try and go to the tiolet anywhere in his sleep... I have heard all sorts of stories about boys and men sleep weeing in all sorts of places. Emily still has two really good sleeps during the day and sleeps 11-12 hours at night. The other day she walked up to Wato and said nye (nye nye) because she was tired and wanted to go to bed.

We are introducing Emily to the potty (or Emily's toilet as we have dubbed it). She has started coming up to us and telling us when she has dirtied her nappie... so I thought, why not start early.

Took the girls to their check up today. Emily Weighs 9.72kg!! Skinny ribs, she is in the 10th percentile. She is also 80cm tall (or short) an her head is 47.8 cm. So she's only itty bitty with a big head lol. But her development is really good and she is really thriving... so I am happy.

Tanya

So glad the party went well AMbah, I too hate holding parties, don't know why cos they always turn out good, I think it's just the stress. Our 30th was so stressful, my 40th I am going somewhere. LOL

Divvy- Alex is cute with the shower, he reminds me of Jemma with the running commentary!LOL

posting at the same time Tanya- great news with Emily's development, and someone has to be on the 10th percentile or there wouldn't be one LOL Good luck with the potty, Jemma trained herself by 22mths and with a 4 mth old at the time it was lovely. We still wear night nappies, but she is starting to wake in the night and go to the toilet and she is 2 and 2 months. Definitely makes life easier.
    Congrats on youir graduation by the way, what course did you do?

Cheers Michelle

Mitch, I did a Bachelor of Applied Science in Natural Recource Management... a bit of a mouthful

Tanya

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast