Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 Months - 3 Years, October/November '05

Morning girls

Will it is 7.40am and I feel like it should be 11.00pm LOL. Only been up 20mins and it feels like I haven't been to bed at all. I hate mornings like that.

Kam has gone right of his food hasn't been wanting breakfast, so god knows what is up with him.

We brought a laptop last night and have a brand new wireless router coming via ebay so soon I will be able to post via the laptop LMAO.

Anyway hope you are all well. I better get Lachlan something to eat.

Love

YAY for the laptop Kathryn!! I so want one!! I want to sit on the verandah & post

Matilda stayed in her cot last night YAY!! She was so tired & slept through until 5.45am which is pretty good compared to the last week. We are going to get to work this weekend & make some "adjustments" Our friend gave us the idea of taking the frame off the cot & putting the cot mattress on the ground in a "box" 10cm tall around the mattress and taking everything out of her room. So we are going to build that this weekend & get another cupboard for her room to put things in & lock when she is asleep. We have things on the ground atm like fans etc which we are going to have to change. We will put a ceiling fan in her room in the next month & that will take care of that. Hopefully by next winter she won't try to get into the heater like this one ](*,)

Hi everyone

Just thought I would say hi - I have been keeping up to date with everyone's posts but don't get much chance to actually post anything myself.

Harry has gastro now, aaargh! He did a huge spew on the couch before, all curdled milk which needless to say has been fun to clean up. I had to put him in the shower because he was covered in it and at the same time stop Grace from crawling in it or, worse, trying to eat it. He has not eaten a single thing except for some chips and of course milk in two days. I don't want to take him out anywhere in case he is sick but I have to take my chances because I need nappies and wipes for him. I am actually glad he is not toilet trained yet because it is so much easier to clean up a mess in a nappy!

I have also been packing for our move in december. Found out today that MIL and FIL are selling their house and will probably be moving before we do, so we will all have a new house for christmas. I just hope they don't want their packing boxes back, I need them!

Anyway gotta go, yay for Makybe Diva yesterday!

Bon

Hi Girls

Kathryn I hope Kam comes good and is not coming down with a nasty! Yay at the laptop, I'm getting one soon too, but prob not wireless cause then I have to have broadband and atm I don't.

Christy- have fun with the adjustments this weekend, but yay for Matilda's good sleep! How are you feeling today?

Bon- poor Harry hope it is a short gastro! Lucky for the nappies. And a new house for all of you sounds lovey, when is the actual move?

Should be working but am not as usual, tok the girls to the hware shop and Jessica was so painful, she was ready for a sleep, so I scoped out what I am buying or Arron and when he comes home I am going to go buy his pressies. I was thinking of making a cheesecake for his bday but have to do it tonight when kids go to bed, I know he'll love it, so I will.
    MIL rang and they are taking us out for tea for Arron's bday tonight, I am sure they are hoping we want pasta at the pub cos it's $10 a head and kids eat free, but it is a free dinner which sounds good to me.

Cheers mcihelle
    Cheers mcihelle

Wow we are a quiet bunch atm aren't we?? LOL... just got back from playgroup & Matilda is asleep... ahhhh....

Been feeling better. I have this nasty cough that people tend to walk away from, but we're getting there. Matilda's all good now. No signs of illness, woohoo!

Hello?? Anybody home LOL!!

We've had a PJ morning around here, then I went shopping for food & gave Matilda her morning tea during the shopping (bacon & cheese bun) and on the way home she started nodding off!!! Only an hour or two early & no tired signs at all...but she woke up when we got home so I tried to feed her lunch with no luck so I put her to bed. Hopefully she'll have a good sleep. I've done the dishes, mopped the floor so now I might need my second shower of the day and have a rest myself. I'm starting to feel human again LOL!

Hi Girls

I have been flat out. Have hardly had time to scratch myself. Got our wireless router today for our laptop, so soon we will hopefully have two computers net connected YAY.

I think i have just about lived at Playgroup this week. Been busy pricing stuff for the major garage sale tomorrow. I have to go back in half an hour and do some more. I was meant to have had helped but they have cancelled on me ](*,) So I have just about done it all myself. Our shed at playgroup is chockers with crap, you can hardly even get in there. I think the Salvation Army or whoever will appreciate all the clothes though, as I have found from previous garage sales myself that clothes hardly sell.

Next week will be spent getting my house up to scratch for the surprise 60th birthday party I am having on the 13th.

Anyway should go, Andrew will be home in a jiffy and then I have to load the car with stuff I want to sell at my own stall tomorrow, and take it in.

Oh speaking of cars we finally get ours back today 4wks and 1 day after the accident.

Love

WooHoo at getting your car back Kathryn. Has that been 4 weeks already. It only seemed like 2 weeks ago.

Glad it felt like two weeks for you LOL. Felt like 10 bloody years for me.

Well I am now talking to you all via my laptop YAY. God I love technology, and I love my car which looks brand new after the respray

Anyway Andrew is out cleaning his parents car so we can take it back tonight. I don't wish to hang around there though as his mum has a cold or something, so I really don't want myself or the kids coming down with that with our busy week coming up.

Love

Kellee Guest

Wow, everyone has been so busy. I'm really sorry to hear that some bubs are still sick, and I can't believe that Matilda can get out of her cot! That's very clever, but very impractical! Sorry I can't offer any advice, but I hope you find a way around it soon. We're thinking of putting Charlie in a bed before bub comes, so I'll have to ask YOU for advice before long!

I'm really sorry that I haven't been posting. I haven't checked any forums or emails all week and there's just so much to catch up on. I will try to write a bit more, and more personals later if I can, but I just wanted to apologise for being a slack forum buddy. The morning sickness has been worse than ever this week, and I've had to go to the doctor for a shot of Maxalon to stop the vomiting. I hope it eases soon - I want my life back!

Charlie is doing well, although the iron fell on him the other day and he got a burn on his leg. No matter how careful you are things can still happen so quickly. I felt like such a bad mum.

Anyway, will write more later if I can. Hope you're all well.

oh no Kellee about the iron!! I would have felt awful too, although Matilda's pulled the iron down a few times ](*,) ... DH now irons his shirts in the old playpen LMAO...

Well she hasn't gotten out of the bed at home yet, but we have an electrician booked in for next week before we go on holidays to get a ceiling fan installed (because of the dangers with her other fan & sticking her fingers in, and we just happened to have a new ceiling fan in the back room waiting to be installed there...) The rocking chair is now out of the room & the oil heater...so its just getting another cupboard that locks to store the toys in and we should be set. I just don't want her to pull all her toys out when she should be sleeping. I don't mind her pulling out her clothes & nappies etc, but I want to keep sleep time, a no toy event LOL

Hi Girls.

Well I am totally buggered, after the garage sale today. I made just under $50 personally which was okay since I only had a car load of gear, and the Playgroup made just over $60 so they can finally pay for the swing I have had sitting her for x amount of months. Kindy did really well and came close to around $400 in sales I think, they also had a sausage sizzle and drinks for sale too which got them just under $100.

We've had a friend at home all day today doing the gardening for me as I just wont get a chance in time for the birthday party next weekend. So I gave him some money for his troubles. He might actually be sleeping the night if his parents allow him, because there is meant to be big storms around 3am -- FINGERS CROSSED

Love

Kellee Guest

Yay for the garage sale. Kathryn! I love those. $50 is pretty good. Did your storm arrive? Thank goodness for getting your car back too - I know, it really sucks when you don't have your own. Someone ran into DH while he was driving last week (after much hassle it was established that we won't have to pay anything, thank god!) and I'm just putting off getting it fixed because I really hate not having the car.

Also, welcome to Bel - sorry I didn't say hi in my last post - it had to be quick last time and I didn't have any time for personals. Sorry to hear that Janae hasn't been well - I hope it is shortlived.

Not much to report today. I am feeling a bit better, so I hope it lasts for a while. Tomorrow Charlie and I are going to visit some friends at Bribie Island for the night. It should be really nice - I want to take him down to the beach for a little splash. Of course, he could be a scaredy cat like his mum and not want to go in the water at all, but we'll see. It will be really nice to get out of the house - with all the sickness that we've all had in the last few weeks I'm really tired of the sight of these four walls! The break should do us good.

Anyway, hope you're all well. Will write in a few days.

Kathryn sounds like the garage sale was a success =D>

Well we've all had turns of the vomiting bug this last week (it wasn't too bad, but DH is convinced HE actually got bird flu, not some piddly little virus).... of course he did, the poor dear.

So I haven't been around much, but will try to catch up on all the news today (after a thousand loads of towels, nappies etc which all have to be scraped off and disinfected first EEEEEWWWWWWWWWW! Sorry Kellee, should have warned you that was coming up.

Have a good one, girls.

Morning Girls

Well it is absoloutly hammering with rain today. I am tempted to ring and cancel myself going to playgroup. The girl that would take me usually if it is raining isn't going and I really can't afford to have myself or the kids get a cold as we have a very busy week coming up. So just in two minds at the moment. I will see at 9am and then decide from there. Usually I am getting ready and about to leave at this time.

Kellee - Yep the storm arrived about 10 hrs after it was supposed to arrive LOL, wasn't that great though.

Well I hope everyone else is well. I should get the kids breakfast etc.

Love

Hi Girls, still around, reading all your posts but too tired to reply much. Nausea easing up to the point that I'm wondering whether I have another blighted ovum :-s Feeling down because I'm feeling like everything is just too much bother and I don't have any support, especially family-wise. All mine are interstate and DH flatly refuses to consider moving. Yet he will winge when we can't go out b/c of sitting issues (his family are of no support). Across the street a pregnant neighbour has her mother over every second day to help out with her two sons. Guess I'm jealous is all. I'm really close to my sister and she has two little kids that I know she needs help with too *sigh* Men just don't seem to get it. You need family around you. We are going up to Tamworth to be with my whole extended family at Christmas. My sister and her family would have just moved into their gorgoues brand new home (DH also winges that we have to live so meagerly but that's the price we pay for isolating ourselves in an expensive city)... I just hope he gets it one day... It's making me feel really down, even to the point that I'm thinking it would be for the best if I have a m/c because I really can't keep on doing everything alone. It just makes me so angry though that he has all the leverage because he's the breadwinner. He always says "I wouldn't enjoy working in a country bank as much as I do here"... oh? ok then if that's your priority then... *sigh* sorry for the downer. At least my kids aren't sick though I guess, should count my blessings.

Aww big :hugs: Bath. You are so right though Men simply don't get it !!! ](*,)

Well I never did end up going to playgroup I was too buggered, the boys didn't mind so that was good. Been busy with starting to put things away for the big party this weekend.

Love

Well I am glad that everyone has been too busy to post, cos it saved me reading for 8 pages and then trying to catch up.

Kathryn- yay for getting the car back, and hope you have recovered from the weekend. Sometimes you just need a stay home day I think. How'd the pergola come up? Sounds like you have much the same weather as us atm!

Christy- hope the fan installation went well, and Matilda may not climb out of her cot now for ages, hopefully!

Kellee hope you don't feel too sick for too much longer, and bummer about your car too, I hope you have a good time away.

Christine- how terrible for you all to be sick, you guys had done so well to avoid it too. I guess everybody gets it sooner or later.

Well Arron's bday has come and gone, he got socks, a power/light, fishing mag subscription a level and tools to go with it and some after shave, plus money and vouchers. My brother was a **** head and didn't turn up on the night and he continued to be a **** head for the few days afterwards (I will go to the punching bag at some stage and ***** about it). The we had more friends over on Friday night and then Little aths on Sat. Sat arvo i got stuck into the front garden, took all arvo to do 1 long garden, so will have to get to the others later. had house cleaning sunday and dinner at mum's and was buggered last night.

I had Jess weighed today and we have finally made the 9kgs mark, and she is 75cms tall. So still litlle but that was a gain of 400gms last month so I am happy for a change! I was planning a trip to Ikea today, but as the HC took so long I had to give it a miss, it will take an hr to get there, so instead I am planning to go tomorrow, did ebay stuff at mum's today instead. Jemma was totally naughty today while she was at mum's her and my niece were up to mischief all day and they trashed the toy rm too. Lucky me got to clean it up bf I went home!

Better go, I have to dress Jess for bed and later I am going to try save some pics onto the memory stick I brought! I have 860MB of photos on my computer, almost 1/4 of the total memory, no wonder I have no space left!

Hope everybody else is well
    Michelle

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast