Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Months - 6 Months August 05 #2

Thanks for that adive Kathryn she never said about turning his cot round but she did say not to worry at night when he is asleep just help him during the day. But i may see if we can move his room around.

Debbie Lee Guest

Michelle - I hope Kathryn's suggestion helps. An operation doesn't sound like much fun at all! Hope it doesn't get to that point.

Dee - sorry to hear about your crappy sleep. I hope AF goes away quick smart. That's just not fair for you or for Matthew so early in the peace!!

Sarah - good job @ putting the high chair together all on your own! "I am woman, hear me roar!!" Hope MG went ok. At least it is something that you can be late for and it doesn't really matter. No tax cheque again today. I am shattered!

Tanya - how's Violet going? Is she sleeping through?

Trish - bummer that you and Mark aren't speaking. Sounds like he is being rather childish if he is angry at you for something Joel did. Ah the joys of blended families! Yay for getting Tehya's christening booked @ for getting your pic in a mag. Ooo... I hope I can get the K&W Carnival for that price somewhere here. We don't have a Big W but it may be worth driving to Werribee for. Btw... I get my photos developed for 15c a print!! I do it online.

Ended up having a big day today. Miss Gabby decided it was time to get up for the day at 5:30am :roll: so we went back to sleep at 7:30am for another couple of hours. Of course, that put me behind. We had people through the house to get it valued for our new loan application (always feels heaps better when you can show them a new kitchen, deck and split-cycle air con to add to the value since last time!). Erin, my sister, came to visit for a little while then we headed to Mum's and we all went for a big walk. Gabby is tuckered out and snoozing away in bed for now.
    I am hoping that my tax cheque comes tomorrow so it may be cleared by Friday. Otherwise I will have to wait until next week. Pooooooooooo!

Michelle, my Mother alway told me to alternate sides with a baby to prevent 'flat spots' on their head and odd ears (one sticking out and the other not).
    I hope he gets well soon!

Deb, sounds like you all need to be in bed!! Me too!! lol... I think I am coming down with something... I hope not tho!!

Dee fingers crossed AF is being more kind today and Matthew is getting used to it.

Went to inspect a house today. It was on a dairy farm and is behind the landlords house. It was ok... very old. prob was it didn't have a fence, or a shed. Also the floor was very wonky!! Aparently it had been through a flood and that is why the floor was a bit warped! So I think we are going to pass. We were going to look at another one, but they don't allow pets!! NO WAY!!
    Also got a new mobile phone too... I was sick of not having one.

Anyway I am going to check out hotel prices... we are thinking of all going to Melb when I take Alecia and staying ova the night... we'll see how much $$ it will cost first.

Tanya

Debbie - Hope your tax cheque comes tomorrow and Gabby has a sleep in tomorrow for you.

Tanya - Good luck with finding a house you like.

Alex does move his head ok just not as much as they think he should. I am sure Kimberley was just the same. He seems a bit better tonight i gave him some Dimetabb and he took 240mls of milk the most he has taken all day.
    I had put Alex is his jolly jumper over the weekend but was told today not to put him in it until he can sit on his own and hold his head up. I said how he likes to watch telly and she said not to let him watch it too much. I only meant he may watch 10mins of it not hours.

Hi everyone,
    Guee I can't seem to find time to anything lately, I have finally got on top of the cold, but still are blessed with a "hangover" type headache everyday.
    Deb: Waiting is always the hardest, I'm waiting for mine...hopefully I am not being audited..lol
    Michelle: Eliza favoured her right side, as her head control improved she now moves side to side even in her sleep. Glad Alex took a big feed, hopefully he will have a big sleep.
    Tanya:Hope your phone is entertaining you as you walk on the wonky floor.lol. I have seen a few good deals with hotels around.
    Dee: Hope Matthew is hopefully feeding better
    Sarah: Well done on the high chair...when Zander gets big enough you be proud to tell him "mummy" made this...lol
    Trish: Hope the home front is tolerable, Congrats on the publication..pic and all..wow. I think it must be annoying partners week..My dh is the pinup for Tuesday grwlll that is a whole other story
    Eliza is being a star pupil, I have even been babysitting a 6 week old, she is quite content to make noises like a monkey(hmm that is worrying me a little).I just read in my MCHN book for her 6 month check can she make noises that resemble oohh and aghh..no my little girl go ooooocccc like a chimp!! oh that goes along with the developmental delay of rolling...lol
    Hope you all have a great day
    Bec

Hey Michelle instead of turning the whole cot, just turn Alex Lay him the other end

Love

Last night we caught Alex sleeping on the other side of his head so we know he can do it

Not long after we went to bed i heard Alex scream so i sent DH thinking he was waking up for a feed but in fact the poor little thing had vomited all over his bed. So we cleaned him up and feed him whcih he took no problem and put him back to bed and he slept fine.
    He did this Saturday and Monday night as well i was trying to work out if he keeps doing it when i bath him in Jonhsons Bedtime bath because that is what i did last night but he did not have a bath Tuesday night and he was fine.

We are going to pick Kimberley up today so my nice quiet house will be quiet no more.

Debbie Lee Guest

Bec - LOL don't worry... if you get audited, it will be a few years from now. I was audited a few years ago for my very first tax return. I was soooo peeved because it was all over a few hundred dollars. No concessions given for the fact that I had never done a tax return before, did it on my own and, of course, couldn't remember 3 years down the track what I had or hadn't done. So I paid it off $10 a week for a year, LOL. Here's hoping both our cheques come today!! Sounds like Eliza is making some crazy noises. Gosh they are funny, these babies of ours.

Michelle - oh no @ Alex having a big spew last night. Poor little sausage. I hope Kimberley behaves for you today. I bet it was nice to have a bit of a break.

Tanya - that house didn't sound too safe let alone nice to live in. I honestly think that people that say no pets are discriminating. I don't know many people that don't have at least one pet. We always had a tough time finding rentals because of the pets. We ended up having to lie about them most of the time. It sux - especially when you value yourself as an honest person. Hope you find a decent place soon. Staying in Melbourne overnight sounds like fun - a mini holiday!

Oooo... just heard the posty. PRAY that my tax cheque is in the letterbox.....

Ohh Deb your postie is early...thinking about going around in my car and harrassing the postie..lol Rang my accountant it was posted last night...whoohoo. My Visa will be happy with my payment.

Good morning mums

Zander is quite pleased with his highchair Dee, I sat him in it while I was cooking dinner & he just watched everything I was doing, so I think that might be a nightly ritual! I hope Matthew had a better night for you last night.

Michelle, one of the babies in MG had a problem with his neck (something about a shortened nerve) & after doing exercises for a few weeks he is now ok. :roll: at the ECHN yesterday Michelle thinking you sit Alex in front of the tele all day.

Deb we ended up 15mins late to MG & as you say it's no big deal, they understand. Wow it does sound like you had a big day yesterday. I hope they value you house to something you want/need. Sooo what did the posty have????

Eek at the house with the wonky floor Tanya, I think it's a good move steering clear of that one!

Glad to hear you're feeling almost better Bec. I definately will be telling Zander who built his highchair and cot, changetable, bath stand, toys etc etc LOL at the monkey sounds, Zander has taken to blowing raspberries rather than talking ATM!!

A funny thing happened when I went to MG yesterday - I had to go to Granite Pl, I saw a street sign & read the GRA part & assumed that was it. I knocked on the door & some guy said nope wrong street, you're the second one today!!! I had gone to Graphite Pl!!! It turned out that by the time everyone showed up 4 of us knocked on that same guy's door.

Zander had his first Rusk yesterday & loooved it Mikayla had one at MG & he was lunging for it & getting quite upset when he couldnt get it, so Janene (whos house we were at) got one of her sons & gave it to Zander. My goodness you should have seen him chomp through it!!! So I picked some up yesterday afternoon for him.

Oh oh and we are going to swimming lessons in October We're doing a class as MG, 1/2 an hour each Thursday for 10 weeks. I can't wait, except it means I have to buy some new swimmers.

Debbie Lee Guest

Sarah - that's a great idea doing swimming as a MG! Oh dear @ everyone going to the wrong house. That guy must have been over it after a while, LOL. Yay 4 Zander with his rusk. Sounds like he just loved it. I may have to go and buy Gabby some since everything is going into her mouth these days (uncluding my hair or my jumper or my hand, ).

Gotta go visit the WOO HOO room..... hehehehe

Bec - you make me laugh with your posts and the wording of them. The noises they make are adorable, Matthew was making so many new noises on Monday and by Tuesday he discovered how to blow raspberries and also remembered how to stick out his tongue again, it`s funny how they seem to forget to do something for a while then it all comes back to them.

Michelle - I hope Alex is feeling better soon, poor little mite being sick in bed at night. Hope Kimberley is good for you when she comes home today.

Sarah - WooHoo for the swimming classes. LOL at 4 people turning up at that man`s house.

Deb - I must visit the woohoo thread, sounds promising

Tanya - Hope you find a decent house soon. Woohoo at your new mobile phone.

Matthew seems a little better today, must be getting use to the taste but now I`ve come down with a cold ](*,)

Just made some muffins, put Matthew in his highchair so he could watch but he got bored and wanted a cuddle, I`m sure he`s spoilt he loves to be carried, oh well they are only babies once.

Take Care

Deeanne

Debbie Lee Guest

That won't spoil him at all, Dee. Once he becomes mobile, the cuddles will be few and far between so make the most of it, I say! How did the muffins turn out??

Gabby is now a proud owner of a brand new Kick and Whirl Carnival. I was so excited when I bought it. Kmart were all out (I called ahead of time) so I just went to Toys R Us because it's just down the road from the bank. Some of the money cleared straight away (woo hoo!) so I wasted no time. It was a bit fiddley to put together but I take it most kid's things are. She had a ball of a time with it for about 10 minutes but was tired so she's in bed. I think I was more excited than her. She was watching me take it out of the box in her bouncer and smiling at me while I was giggling at the sounds etc.

Woohoo for Miss Gabby's Kick & Whirl. They're fun aren't they Deb?! I am dying to play with Zander's Christmas presents already LOL!! Oh & did you get some rusks while you were out?

:smt016 to anyone that says Matthew is spoilt. Cos if he is I am sure 90% of the babies that belong to this forum are spoilt too!

I decided that for Zander's christening we aren't going to spend lots of money on a keepsake present cos everyone else will get one so I decided on a toy. Yesterday I fell in love with one of the baby's toys so I bought one from Target when we were out. Its a star fish with this goofy grin & it has teethers attached that are a turtle, a fish & a shell. It's a rattle too, but when you press the starfish's nose it sings this really funny song (see the Nursery Rhyme thread!). Worst thing is I was playing with it earlier (I'm not giving it to Zander until his Christening though) and I have the song stuck in my head "Down by the baaaaaay....."

Yes I am going a little crazy over here :boggle:

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww that sounds so cute, Sarah! LOL @ getting the song stuck in your head. Isn't it funny how excited we get over their toys?? Good idea about not bothering with the christening presents. Keep it simple, I reckon. The last thing you need is to spend oodles of $$
    I didn't get Gabby some rusks because she was getting restless and I couldn't be bothered going into the supermarket. I might go when she gets up from her nap. It will be interesting to see how she takes to them.

Deb - The muffins are yummy and the best thing Mark didn`t get stuck into them at lunchtime - something to do with them being on the healthy side, now if they were chocolate that would be different.

Sarah - The toy sounds like fun, I also get more excited over Matthew`s toys then what he does.

Oh and woohoo for the kick n whirl Deb

I`ve just made a yummy coleslaw with our homegrown eggs and cabbage, now I feel like going to bed with this damn head cold but it`s really too late for a nap now.

Debbie Lee Guest

Never too late for a nap, Dee Unless of course it's because Matthew would wake you up. Nothing worse than just drifting off only to get woken up. Then you feel 1000 times worse! Wow... healthy muffins and fresh coleslaw - can I come to your place for dinner??

LOL Deb, your more then welcome to come for dinner

Your right Matthew is due to wake up soon, so not much use to being asleep for 5 minutes then woken up.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast