Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 3 Months - 6 Months August 05 #2

Welcome Shannon and Jessalyn

Deb - That`s great news about Gabby`s weight. I hope Neil`s feeling better today

Sarah - I hope tonight is a better night for you, it`s always the way when you mention something like sleeping through the reverse happens. So tell me what`s the next one :-k

Fi - sounds like you had a fabulous time away, probably all went too quickly for you.

Michelle - that`s great that Alex slept right through for you and also great news that he`s moving his head more.

Juliette - thats great news thaty Hannah is doing so well. Sorry to hear she`s not sleeping well at night.

Thank you for your advice on Matthew I`m still not sure what to do, part of me feels he`s looking for more food yet I feel I`m not ready, I don`t want my baby to grow up that`s my problem.

Take Care

Deeanne

Welcome Shannon & Jessalyn and Angel & Kynan happy 3 months.

Anyones baby ever done really bad poo's that come out of the nappy and right up their back ??
    Alex has done a couple of these one yesterday and one today. OMG as well the smell was soooo bad even after i took the nappy away.

Sarah - Your job sounds great.

Hi everyone!!

OMG I can't believe Kynan's 3 months old already! It's just flown by. I put him in some 00 clothes today and they actually fit! He's doing so well atm. He's been sleeping through (7/7:30pm to 7am) for just over 2 weeks now, and at the last weigh-in 1.5 weeks ago he weighed about 6.2kg.

Deb, hope Neil's feeling a bit better today!

Michelle, *hugs* thinking of you.

Sarah, hope you've had a nice relaxing day today! IKWYM about it being good to have a real conversation sometimes. I know I've spent too much time talking to Kynan when I answer the phone and say hello in the same kind of baby-talk tone that I use a lot of the time when I talk to him LOL.

Shannon, yay for Jess sleeping through last night! LOL @ sucking on your nose. Kynan hasn't done that one yet but when I give him a big noisy kiss on the lips he pokes his tongue out while I'm doing it and then laughs at me LOL.

Fi, all the best for your trip home!

Michelle, LOL @ the poo going right up Alex's back. Kynan hasn't done that yet but after a few days of 'saving up' he'll let it all out and it will totally fill up his nappy and then run out of the legs LOL. Ugh. Pretty messy to clean up hey LOL.

OMG Angel has it been 3 months already??? I'm the same too, answering the phone in a baby type voice 8-[ Lucky it's only usually Aaron ringing me!

Yikes at that poo Michelle!! I haven't had on of those - YET!

I sometimes feel the same way Dee about starting solids, I keep thinking that maybe I'm holding back cos I don't want him to grow up just yet. As for the next stage its anal. Where the pleasure is derived from the bottom, I think I remember it being something to do with toilet training - you are happy when they poo in the potty or toilet so they see it as giving you a present! That's from 2-ish to 4-ish.

Yeah, had a pretty good day so far. The girls were all over Zander & he loved it. That boy is going to be the biggest flirt ever! He was awake for the whole time even though he was tired but he was just loving being the centre of attention.

Debbie Lee Guest

Fi - have a safe trip home! Can't wait to come over and look at the photos (that's if I am allowed to, of course??).

Angel and Kynan - welcome! Yay for 3 months! Sounds like he is going great guns. Wow @ 00's already. Gabby is just starting to grow out of her 000's and she's 5 months! 8-[

Shannon and Jessalyn - wow!! The little rug-rat is 3 months already! I bet it was a long 3 months for you tho, Shannon.

Michelle - those poos sound just devine!!! Not! Hope you manage to keep busy this weekend and not think about things too much. :hugs:

Dee - they grow up too quickly, hey? That's why I am kind of glad that Gabby hasn't taken to the farex like a pro. It's still a battle to get the spoon in her mouth. It's more just practice atm.

Sarah - sounds like your Mum is just as excited as my Mum when she gets to look after her first "Grandy" (as she calls her). How exciting that your work is moving - a change is as good as a holiday sometimes. Bugga about Zander getting back to his old tricks last night. Just when you thought it was safe.... :roll:

Feeling a little... melancholy today. Dunno why.
    Gabby woke up at 2am last night. Neil got up to pop the dummy in her mouth. I didn't hear her because I had to wear ear plugs because of his bloody snoring! OMG! The dummy lasted 2 hours then she woke again at 4am so I fed her still wrapped. She was back down by 4:30am and slept until 9am! So we still got lots of sleep, just really broken. I don't know why. I really think Gabby isn't feeling very well. She has been so grizzly today and not her happy self. That goes for the 2 of us.
    Our ANC meet was good but we were made to feel like we were a bit of a hassle. We were pretty much forced to order asap and the waitress was just really agressive with putting plates down etc. Apparently there was a group of 30 having lunch in another dining area so she must have been frazzled about that, but geeeeez. So we kind of didn't feel comfortable staying like we normally do. A pity really.

Shannon, Zander was getting really cranky in his capsule from about 3 months old, he'd arch his back scream everytime I tried to put him in. The only thing that has solved it was when we got his new forward facing carseat last weekend - he's happy now cos he can see what's going on. Only problem is that Jessalyn has quite a while to go before she can be forward facing cos it's 8kg when they turn round..... Have you tried hanging toys from the straps that go to the ancor point? They seemed to work for us one I finally managed to get him into the seat!

Awww Debs, maybe Gabby has taken on your mood too today? Do you think it might be hormonal related? You thought AF was on the way didn't you? Grrr at the cafe making you feel like you were imposing. I'm sure had they been nicer & you stayed longer they would have made more money - do they not realise that?! I hope you & little miss are feeling better soon - maybe you should have a long soak in a bubble bath together?

Debbie Lee Guest

Shannon - Gabby hates her car seat too. I really think it's because she faces backwards. I have sat her front-ways in my sister's car (couldn't be bothered turning the car seat around as she already had it in there for her BF's neice) and she loved it. I was given a fisher price mirror thingy that plays music and lights up so I popped that in front of her. It had a remote control to turn it on and off from the driver's seat so I put that on when she starts hollering. She's mainly grumpy when I buckle her in tho. I think she just hates not being able to move her arms as much.
    You are right about the sun being out - it's certainly a nice day. If grumpy bum wakes up any time soon, we are going for a walk to clear my head.

Debbie Lee Guest

Sorry Sarah.. posting at the same time.
    The bubble bath sounds like a good idea. Yeah.. I think it may be AF related. I haven't really got it properly but I know I am probably a little hormonal atm.... story of our lives, hey??
    I am hanging for Gabby to be 8kgs so I can turn her around. I don't think that's ever going to happen! Miss Skinny-Bum!

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL - yeah right... I betcha you are out at your car now, turning the seat around, Shannon

*Oooooer! 10 pages again...... 8-[

Deb, argh @ Neil snoring! I can so relate to that as my DH does it too LOL. Gives me a good excuse to elbow him in the middle of the night though! Hope you and Gabby are feeling better soon. Hugs!

Shannon, LOL @ Kynan being a big boy... there's a bub in my mother's group who's only a couple of days older than Kynan and he weighs over 7kg already!! We haven't had any problems yet with K in the carseat. Hopefully you'll be able to find something that distracts Jess!

Speaking of car seats... when are you supposed to take the straps up to the next slot IYKWIM? I think we maybe should have done that already but I can't remember if the slot's supposed to be above or below their shoulders?? 8-[

Debbie Lee Guest

Angel - I moved Gabby's up because she just looked so uncomfortable with them in the first notch. It was also bloody hard to do her up when she was wearing a jacket or anything bulky. Dunno what the "proper" rules are tho!

Angel the straps are supposed to be above their shoulders.

We were talking about carseats at MG on Tuesday as well Shannon. One of the mum's has a premmie that is now 8 months old (she was born at 29wks) & her mum needed to know when they could turn her around.... Soo the peadeatrician (sp?) said either 8kg, 6months or when they have very good head control......

Debbie Lee Guest

Ooo! There's hope for us yet!
    Thanks for that bit of info, Sarah. When we go to Echuca in October, I want to be able to have Gabby facing the front because it will be such a long drive. She'll be well and truly 6 months by then so that's a relief.

Welcome Angel and Kynan - as Sarah has said the straps are suppose to be above their shoulders, we had to move ours by the time Matthew was 2 weeks.

Shannon - we haven`t had any problems with Matthew as yet in the car seat. Matthew has been a little unsettled lately even throughout the day so perhaps he needs solids, oh what to do, what to go :-k

Deb - I hope your feeling better, don`t you hate those days when you feel like that. What a shame that you all didn`t feel comfortable at the cafe and were rushed.

Sarah - that`s great that you`ve had a great day LOL at Zander going to be the biggest flirt

Michelle - I`ve had two days when the poos have gone everywhere, once when Matthew was little and then just the other night. I had to yell at Mark to come and watch Matthew on the change table while I went and got a big bowl of warm soapy water.

I think these broken nights are catching up on me when I`m not use to them, last night Matthew only slept for 5 hours before waking at 2.30am then was up again 3.5 hours later.

Take Care

Deeanne

Thanks guys! I'd better move the straps tomorrow then as they're definitely below his shoulders now. Oops!!

Deeanne, tough decision re the solids! Hope Matthew lets you have a decent sleep tonight.

Alexander's straps are below his shoulders as well.

We are still having horrible nappies trying to work out what could be wrong he has been ok up until now. Going to CYH tomorrow so i will ask them.

Hello everyone,
    Well everytime I have tried to log on something weird happens to my post so here go's nothin...
    Welcome to all the mums and bubs that I haven't had the privledge to "cyber meet". Michelle and Alexander, Angel and Kynan,Shannon and Jessalyn :flower:
    ooh bugger the girl is awake again....hmmm teeth are they really worth it, a lifetime of pureed vegies and fruit sounds like fun!!!!
    Bec

Okay chatterboxes, locking this thread now. HERE is the new one.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678