Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Months to 6 Months, March '05

Default 3 Months to 6 Months, March '05

Welcome to the 3 Months to 6 Months thread for March 2005!

To have any of your details included in this thread, please reply to this post and a moderator will add you to the list.

3 Months to 6 Months List - March '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl
    Baby Name(s):
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.)
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Kara
    State: Queensland
    Baby's DOB: 3rd October, 2005
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Owen
    Baby's Website: working on it
    Health Concerns:beautiful healthy bub - did have an umbilical granuloma a couple of weeks ago
    Notes: 2 days early, weighed 4.22kg (9lb 5oz)

Forum Name: bon_w
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 24/10/2004
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Grace Clare
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/bubba2
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) small fontanelle
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 1 week late, membranes ruptured spontaneously, labour sped up with syntocinon, no drugs, post partum hemorrage

Forum Name: Dachlostar
    State: New South Wales
    Baby's DOB: 25th October, 2004
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Boy
    Baby Name(s): Yasin Ramadan
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) milk/hormone rash
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.)

Forum Name: BellyBelly
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 30th October, 2004
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Boy
    Baby Name(s): Elijah Harrison
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) Reflux & colic/very windy!
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) Born 9 days early, natural birth (had to put that in since I was forced to have one so I may as well be proud LOL!!!)

Forum Name: MelindaKilby
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 2nd November, 2004
    Baby Name(s): Sarah Elizabeth
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns (e.g colic, reflux, etc.): Colic & dilated renal pelvic (suspected urinary reflux).
    Notes: 5 days early, waters broke 9 days early. Syntocin induced, gas pethadine, epidural (topped up twice)vaccum & episiotomy after 10 hours due to fetal distress.

Forum Name: melbee70
    State: QLd
    [b]Baby's DOB: 11th November, 2004
    Baby Name(s): Eliana Annestacia
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: colic?
    Notes: induced on due date because of size (arrived next day after emergency c-section) weighed 11lb 4oz - happily adjusting to motherhood

Forum Name: Snowgirl
    State: Berlin, Germany / Sydney, NSW
    Baby's DOB: 21st November, 2004
    Baby's Stats: (at birth) 3320g - 49cm length - 36cm Head
    Baby Name: Wolf Patrick
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/s/snowmonkey
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) none yet
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) induced due to bad heart rate, caesarean when heart rate dropped further (partially detached placenta it turned out)

Forum Name: Caddie
    State: Western Australia
    Baby's DOB: 29th Nov 2004
    Baby's Name: Millana Jean
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/millanajean
    Health Concerns: can get a bit windy
    Notes: induced with gel, syntocin. Had gas, pethidine, epidural. 10hr labour. baby assisted with vaccum extraction. Mother had a post partum haemorrage and needed 2 blood transfusions.

Forum Name: Mipsy
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 10th December, 2004
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7lb 5oz (3330gm), Length - 53cm, Head Circ - 31cm,
    Baby Name(s): Ashleigh Anne
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) None
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 2 days overdue, labour started naturally, only 6hr from start to finish, took only 50 minutes to get from 2cm-9cm dilated - she wanted out! vacum used as stuck in transverse (? didn't fully turn in birth canal) position but nil problems.

Forum Name: doe_like_beauty
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 11 December 2004
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 9lb 7oz (4290g) Length - 50cms Head Circ - 35cms
    Baby Name(s): Lily May Ellen
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/lilymayellen/
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) none yet
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 1 week overdue, induced because of high blood pressure.

Forum Name: Beth
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 11th December, 2004
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lb 14oz Length - 53.5cm Head Circ - 37cm
    Baby Name(s): Kaleb John

Forum Name: Jessica123
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 20/12/04
    Baby's Stats:Weight - 9pounds 9ounces Length -52.5cm Head Circ - 35.5cm
    Baby Name(s): Aidan James
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/a/aidan10122004
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 8 days overdue, induced

HI Girls,
    today is Jessica's last day in this forum, and mine, and we are both sad. She had her first cereal feed tonight, bc Arron wanted to feed her and he'll be at work tomorrow. The faces were very funny, but she ate prob a tblsp, and didn't chuck so that was good. I took her to the HC today, the little bugger is continuing the trend of putting on very little weight (220gms in a month) so she is 14lb 14 oz which is 6740gms, she grew 2.5cms to 63.5cms though so that's good. She has a rash on her chin which the HC sister said is fungal and to use Daktozin on it, which thankfully I have so I don't have to spend $15 at the chemist on 1 tube.

Jemma's excema is terrible as Arron used the curash soap free bath stuff 2 nights in a row and it is the worst it has been. Poor bugger, what with a broken finger and itchy skin, I feel for her.

So where is everybody? And who will be leaving next. I have poked my head in the 6month forum and it is lioke catching up with friends you haven't talked to for ages, but you have missed all the bits in the middle.

Hope you are all well, Arron is trying to book to go to his Brothers in QLD in June and I am ****ty as it means me being here 5 days alone, and although he is making it fit in with his bday it's really all about fishing. GRRR at men who just feel they can go away whenever it suits them.

Anyway enough whinging
    Michelle

just popping in & saying hi - can't be online too long as i am away at my parents on the sunshine coast - of course eliana is enjoying all the attention.

michelle it will be sad having you leave but we will be there in 3 1/2 months!! hope your girls keep thriving & that you manage to totally give up smoking

Hello girls,
    another month ... gee.. time flies!
    Michelle, can't believe you have to go! See you in about 3 months! I had to laugh so much at DD eating playdo! I would have totally freaked I think. Luckily she was fine!

Oh, trying to remember what was posted in the Feb thread...
    Dachlostar, have fun at the races. Grrr at not getting a ticket for you. Men can be so inconsiderate! I hope you can nick someone else's pass though and check out the scene nevertheless. (you sometimes wonder what men expect us to do: sit at home all day with the baby?)

On the drinking: yeah, I just don't see the reason anymore to get drunk. I rather enjoy and remember every day of my life and not look back on a hazy blurr. Both FIL and my father drink soooooooooo much. It's so offputting. Last night FIL came home very drunk and was slamming doors and gates and clomping around in drunken anger (MIL refused to pick him up in the middle of the night). I wish he'd be at least considerate to his little grandson sound asleep in the room right next to the gate which he slammed shut... I asked DH to have a talk with his father before we leave as I know how upset my little SIL and MIL get about his drunken madness.

re. the nappy rash: I try to air Wolf's bum as much as possible, give him lots of naked time, which he enjoys. Another thing that might help is to avoid eating citrus fruit as that can give babies a sore bum too. In Germany, I clean Wolf's bum with either water or olive/almond/calendula oil. Here I've been using those disposable wipes but they contain so much weird stuff and they have given Wolf a bit of a rash again since we got here. You can also put breastmilk on it. Breastmilk is not only sterile but helps kill bacteria and it's nice and fatty, so has a moisturising effect as well.

Okay, I'll have breakie now.

Snowy

Id never heard of using breast milk before. Mind you I think my little garbage guts would rather eat it that have it on her bottom!!!

Im enjoying my few days before the next lot of visitors, DH counted the other night and up until this week we have had 6 nights in 6 week alone since we moved into the new house. Roll on the end of March I think it slows down a bit after that!

Hannah is having a grumpy day today, she is really windy and unsettled. It started yesterday arvo and last night she just cried and cried and we couldnt get her to settle. You can feel her little tummy just rumbling away, its horrible. Hopefully she will be better this afternoon.

We have our second Babes in Arms yoga class tomorrow - I really enjoyed last week and so did Hannah. She was mesmerised by the bub next to us and spent the whole morning staring at him. Its a great class, they do some yoga for the Mums, a bit of Bub massage and play time and then some yoga with the baby. Hannah had fallen asleep by this stage so I did the poses by myself while she slept LOL!

Ha ha! Last night I posted this huge whinge about my health probs and even cried while I was posting and this morning I find the post was lost. A higher power maybe telling me not to burden you poor girls with my stresses or a crappy internet provider and an even crappier computer? Who knows, it's a mystery!

I am officially out of here but I am afraid I won't be able to completely leave as I have to keep track of all you darlings in here, so look out for the odd post, I may mostly just read.

Good to hear from you Mimo and glad Hannah is well. Ist's nice to get back to normal, hope it happens soon.

Snowy-grr at FIL, alcohol really changes people and not for the better unfortunately, hope DH has sone luck talking to him, but if he's an alcoholic I don't like his chances of getting anywhere.

Have a great day all

Hi everyone,
    Just checking in here before i go do MORE housework....Its neverending....
    Sorry you are leaving Michelle,i didnt really get the chance to post to you much because i am generally MIA,but i will see you in 6-12 eventually...
    Having a hard time here breastfeeing Dominic as he has been diagnosed with tongue tie,and the lactation consultant i went to see says that it could do with being snipped....I hate to think of him going through that but if it helps with our feeding it is good...Only problem is we have to travel to Launceston (1 1/2 hours away) to get it done,and it will be expensive because Medicare doesnt cover all of it..... Oh well,i suppose i will find out when she looks into it for me,because if something doesnt happen i have to keep pumping twice a day and i also have to watch out because my supply might fall as he cant strip the breast properly....
    Anyone know where you can get mothers milk tea in Australia?? just the health food shops?? I thought i might try that too...
    Snowy,sorry about Wolfs rash,i hope it clears up for you soon....Men are just so bad when they are drinking....I sometimes wish they had never invented alcohol...
    Sorry if ive missed anyone,i gotta go pump now,and put dinner in the slow cooker so it is ready by tonight!!
    Take care everyone...

What's going on in here!

I came back to check up on you girls to fiond no one.

Well I know Daschlostar will be organising or has left for the Grand Prix, so I hope they have a wonderful weekend.

Hope everyone else is well.

I am sooo tired and I just wish I could sleep for a month. Maybe this weekend I can catch up (I don't really believe that of course).

Cheers Michelle

Well girls, just a quick one from me. We are flying to NZ tomorrow. So excited to see my best friend and finally meet her 15 months old daughter (which I had only seen while still in her mom's belly @ 8ms). My friend is pregnant again, so she couldn't come to Sydney to see us as she had originally intended. So I won't be able to log on for a few days.

Snowy

Snowy have a great trip. I love New Zealand, its where my family is from. I haven't been there for years. I am hoping that DB, Alana and myself can go there for a holiday in the next couple of years.

Michelle, will be following you in the next a few weeks. I can't believe Alana will be six months soon.

Suzie sorry to hear about Dominic. What do you mean by being snipped? Sounds nasty. I've never heard of mothers milk tea, but I would imagine a health food shop would be the place to go.

DB and I have noticed that Alana has taken one of my terrible trates. She's abit shy. It takes her a little while to come out of her shell. I've always hated that about myself. Meeting new people always makes me uncomfortable. There have been occcasions where it has stopped me from doing things, as it causes me to much stress. I hope that she gets over it as she gets older.

Lara, I think what suzie means by being snipped, is that because Dominic is tongue tied, the bit of skin that is at the bottom of the tongue that joins the mouth needs to be cut because it is too far up the tongue (that's what tongue tied means). Hope i explanned that properly! 8-[

Hi Suzie, what is Mothers milk tea?!

Jess

mooshie Guest

hello everyone

well i am back from mia for a week, i did sneak in a few times and read some posts (mainly to see what was hapening with all the newies due).

had a yucky week but then it really is a yucky time for us, only my family and our friends acknowledged our jessie on thursday - none of my dh's family - bloody typical oh well not worth getting worked up on.

anyway lani is doing well - she is still b/feeding but having 1 bottle before bed around 7pm changed to nuk bottles and teats - just shows how different children are - jessie had her first bottle at around 10mths (don't know why i bothered really - oh well) she had any old bottle, jay was a shocking feeder and i put him on the bottle at 12wks would not have a bar of anything but the avent bottles - lani hates the avent bottles and likes the nuk one - good thing i kept everything lol. on a downside it still has not stopped this darn night waking - she only wakes once around 3 or 4am i give her a quick feed then generally she wakes to be up at around 7am, i believe it is a habit as she was sleeping through up until i had a bit of a supply problem.

can't believe she will be 6mths in 9 more days boo hoo my little girl she is growing up - but she still is like a baby - she does not roll from back to front yet but when on her front she creeps all around the floor - very weird maybe she will not roll - never heard of that before but you never know - she just shows no interest in rolling - just likes creeping and sitting.

well i am off to do a post in the general babies post area - re a weird rash see yas - sorry no personals - too much to catch up on.

Just flying in as it is late at night to say,Dominic has a website now...
    It is www.babiesonline.com/babies/d/dommie so if someone could add that to our profile it would be great....
    And we have found out he has tongue tie too,so if that was added to the area it should be ....
    Thank you,hope everyone is well,and i will post more when i have time!!!

Ok,just saw all the replies to me,and thought i better respond...
    Lara,Tegan explained it perfectly,but thanks for the concern...I dont know whether he will have to have it done or not,as the doctors round here,dont exactly consider a failure to breastfeed well a reason for doing it...And that Sux!!!
    Jess,mothers milk tea is a drink to help improve your milk supply,it has fenugreek and things like that in it,and you should be able to get it from a health food shop,but so far i have had no luck...
    Lara,i think there is an online site where i can buy it too,but not having a credit card (evil things!! LOL!!) makes it hard for me,but i am going to keep searching...
    I think Alana will get less shy as time goes on....It is one of the things they tend to be at that age....I wish my kids were shy now,instead of talking to everyone they meet!!!
    Snowy,i hope you have a lovely trip!!! I hope to go to NZ one day to see where the LOTR was filmed...I think that will be a trip for when the kids grow up...
    I really have to go now...
    Take care everyone!!!

firsttimedad Guest

Hi All,
    Graduation day today, I'm logging in for the first time here at 1mth-6mth as my boy hits 1mth old today. Crikey how time flys.

Rob "aka firsttimedad"

Hey Rob.

I have transferred your details for you as requested, time definitely does fly !!!

Love

Well we got rid of our last lot of visitors on Sunday and now have 2 weeks until the next lot...joy! The couple on the weekend are childless, dont like dogs and pretty yuppyish so I dont know why they wanted to stay with us, it must have been their hell!

We had gale force winds last night, it was so noisy. I got up in the middle of the night to check the outdoor furniture but luckily it wasnt moving.

We did have a bit of fun on the weekend, we bought a new sofa, a chest of drawers for Hannahs room and a changetable. With moving to NZ and then moving into a new house I had not bought anything for her so we are finally getting her room set up which is great. The new sofa should be excellent its a deep chocolate colour and gets delivered this week - Im very excited!

The midwife called on Friday and weighed Hannah, she is doing really well and steadily putting on weight. She is just over 5kgs now.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast