Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 3 Months to 6 Months, March '05

Hey everyone. How are we all?

I have noticed my hair isn't falling out but is actually more thicker??? Maybe building up to fall out? Hope not! 8-[

Lily is starting to volcalise a lot more too. Especually when I'm in the middle of a conversation with someone.

Argh! I keept forgetting to get Lily measured and weighed. I roughly estimated that she is 6kgs and about 65cms long. She's gonna be a tall one! She's in the 50th percentile for weight and 97th for height. Not very in proportion with each other!

Stacey, hope DD starts sleeping through the night again for you. It always happens when we have something planned huh?

Mel, how are you? I hope Zayed's condition gets solved quick smart. It's annoying when doctors don't give an exact answer.

Snowy, always great to hear from you. How long are you staying in Aus for? Lily has been laughing like a real person too in the last week or so. It's so cute.

I'm thinking of maybe putting Lily in her own room, in her cot next week. Dunno how that's gonna go. Spose it won't be too bad. The only time she wakes through the night is when she has a growthspurt. Dunno how she's gonna like it either. She's been in it before. Slept for about 20mins. How did everyone else go about putting their bub in a cot? Should I just put her in there full stop, or like for a week just have her in there during the day then introduce it at night?

Stacey Guest

hi everyone,

Tegan, I have the cot in my room ..... don't know if you have space but it is working real well .... she has a snuggle bed put her in that with me first ..... then put the snuggle bed in cot ... in her room for day time ... then put the cot my room ... she really likes her cot now .... good luck .. my next step is to remove the cot from our room ..... I think soon but cuz she was sleeping thru it works well .....

Interesting you mention growth spurts .... think that must be why Anna is waking at moment .. she drank an extra bottle to yesterday .... ;last night she slept thru has even woken yet and its time for her first feed now ... hmmmmmm got to go wake up my angel cuz I need for her to stay in her good routine ...

bye for now

Yeah, apparently losing your hair is completely normal. My obgyn warned me at my 6 week check up that it might happen. Sometimes, if you are b/f, it can be postponed until you stop, but with me it seems to have started in the last week or two. Bugger... It still is very thick and not noticable, but when I brush my hair, I have such a huge hair ball in my hair brush afterwards, it's not funny!

Tegan, we've been here for 5 weeks now and we will leave this Thursday, so will have been here for almost 6 weeks. I am coming back just after Christmas (flying Christmas day as it was the only flight we could get) and will probably stay for 2-3 months, so the grandparents can spend some time with Wolf. DH will fly up with me and stay until 1 January or so and then come back at the end of Feb or beginning of March or something like that to fly back with me (cause I said no way I'm flying with a 1-yr old on my own).

Okay, girls, here's a question: anyone else still bleeding every now and then? DH and I DTD 2 days ago and I've been having fresh blood again... I don't know if I can use a tampon and what the heck is going on.. I think I might need to see a gyn to figure out what's up with that - unless you guys have the same problem???

Snowy

Snowy, don't know what the bleeding could be from. I stopped bleeding 2 weeks after the birth. Maybe ask a GP and they might refere you to a gyno.

Mel27 Guest

Hi,

Zayed rolled over twice this morning for the first time. I can't believe he will be 4 months tomorrow, but the poor thing has to have another test in the hospital. I just feel like we are going around in circles at the moment. Anyway hopefully this will be the last one and then I will know whats going on for sure.

Snowy about a month ago I think or maybe a bit more I started bleeding and thought it was my period but it just kept going on and on and on. I ended up having a DNC and my Dr said sometimes it happens and that everything looked normal and she knew for sure it wasn't the placenta as she got it all when I delivered. Maybe call and ask someone. Mine was really heavy bleeding though adn I got to the point I couldn't get out of bed as I was just so weak. I hope its nothing, but it doesn't sound as bad as what i had, so it probably isn't anything to worry about. However for peace of mind you might want to see someone.

Anyway hope everyone else is good and sorry was going to write personals, but Zayed is deciding he needs attention here and I need to go and work out what to cook for lunch because DH will be home soon.

Take care
    mel

Mel, yay at Zayed for rolling for the first time! What clever boy!! =D>

Snowy, I would get that bleeding checked out, you can't be too careful.
    Tegan, Yasin usually sleeps in his hammock near my bed but sometimes he sleeps in his cot during the day. I think its a good idea to introduce it in the daytime first. I'll miss Yasin when he sleeps in his cot full-time. I like seeing those tiny little hands waving around in the air.
    Mel, yay for Zayed rolling. =D> =D>
    Yasin had a little milestone today. He sat without being supported!!! for about five seconds - then he fell over on the cat. . I feel sorry for the cat. Yasin has been getting very interested in him lately and as soon as he can chase him he'll be after him. The reason he fell on him today is because he wanted to bite him!!!!

Yay for Yasin sitting unaided!!

Is anyones bub crawling yet? At what age on average to babies crawl? Lily is body surfing at the moment, so just wondering when I have to start making sure I don't leave things lying around etc.

Tegan, Yasin is trying to crawl. He gets his bum up in the air but forgets about his arms. He moves forward very slowly, with alot of effort, yelling and shouting all the way. He leaves a slobber trail as he goes (kind of like snail).
    I think that generally they sit first and then crawl but Yasin forgot to read the book so he thinks he can do things in the wrong order. #-o
    To the best of my knowledge early crawlers start at around 5 months but it can be normal not to crawl until about a year or even skip crawling entirely.

Hi girls,
    just crusiing and checking up on you all.

Snowy I would get the bleeding checked out too, I had a raw spot in my uterus after my 3rd which would bleed on and off, blood very bright and fresh and I needed antibiotics to heal.

Keep well everyone
    Cheers Michelle

Stacey Guest

Hi everyone !

Well its my last night as a SAHM ... I'm very sad to have to go back to work ... was thinking about getting a nanny cam ... not to check up on the nanny but to watch Anna all day long .... not sure I would get any work done though .... am so sad .............

I filmed Anna's developing relationship with our cat ozzi ... it was so funny .... Anna grab ahold on him and turn me round to face her ... he is a ginger cat but at that moment became a simese one !!! funnily enough the cat takes anything Anna does to him and he is a very bossy cat !!! punches up the dog lol

I am also not sure about Anna and crawling .... she cant seem to stop waving her arms and legs around so much that nothing seems to happen ! I think she will be running before she crawls ......

Anyway not sure how much time I will have to write in hear but every chance I get I will look in this site is great ...

Stacey

Yeah on Zayed rolling and Yasin sitting. Wolf was 4 months yesterday but still can't roll on his belly. He gets his legs all the way over, but his arms are in the way. He loves to stand though and bear his weight. He's been doing that for 2 months now... I think he might skip crawling, like his dad and go from bum shuffle to walking...
    Went to the Italian consulate yesterday in CBD to register his birth and OMG did we get many comments on how cute he is Very proud parent here! he he.

Yeah.. you girls are probably right.. I should have that checked out... I was just wondering, if I'm paranoid and it's normal to have that on and off bleeding. It is really light red blood mixed with old, almost black blood (sorry - TMI - I know, but got no one else to share this with). After sex it seems to be worse. It also smells odd - not bad, not like period .. just odd.. (oh, even more TMI - so sorry) Will call my mom to make an appointment with my gyn in my hometown... I get so paranoid with my pap smears having been so bad, but the last two were okay, so it should be nothing.. still stressing a little tiny bit...

We are having a professional family photo taken today. (my present from the ILs - even though it's really more for them cause they said they want a family photo, lol) They do a make-over and all that as well... I hope I'll be able to recognize myself on the photo, he he

Snowy

Hi everyone, I hope you're all well.
    Todays resolution is to get to work on Yasin's dodgy sleeping habits. Before we went on holidays a couple of weeks ago he was really good at putting himself to sleep. I could wrap him, pop a dummy in his mouth and nine times out of ten he'd be asleep in minutes. Disrupting his routine on holidays was the end of all that and he seems to be having a hard time getting to sleep now if I don't lie down with him. I geuss its partly my fault because I'd rather take the quick option and have a bit of a lie down and a cuddle than put the work into helping him learn to put himself to sleep (again).
    He seems to have given up on the crawling for now which is a relief because he's a bit quieter when he's not frustrated.
    I visited MIL with him for the first time in ages. She is still really annoying. She gave him toys clearly labelled not suitable for babies then gave me dirty looks for putting them out of his reach and then she contradicted everything I said. I think she does it on principle because when FIL asked if Yasin was having solids I said no and she said yes he is!!?? WTF!!?? As per usual she snatched Yasin out of my arms without even asking. Yasin paid her back by screaming at the top of his voice until she gave him back. I was so proud of him!!!

Snowy, I hope your photos turn out well. I wanted some done but DH doesn't and we can't get a family photo with one third of the family missing.

Stacey, I hope that work is going well and you're not missing Anna too much. I would want nanny cam if I was you but my boss would break it because I wouldn't do any work if it was on.

PMSL Dasch at Yasin screaming at your MIL! Can't choose family though unfortunately. How long has it been since you saw her. Maybe she feels threatened by you, you know you have her son, and her grandson and a mind of your own, she probably doesn't like not being able to control you. There's a long way to go though and loads of years to perfect a technique of ignorance unfortunately. I totally sympathise as you know my MIL is very painful too. Is your FIL placid and quiet? I think they end up that way as MIL is so domineering.

Good luck with Yasin's routine, hope he improves quickly.

And be happy that he has decided not to get up and crawl, I am so sad that Jessica is, why couldn't she just stay little for awhile? lOL

Cheers Michelle

Hi everyone, hope all is well. I have been offline for the last 2 weeks as my computer was stuffed again and it cost such an obscene amount to get fixed I think I might as well have bought a new one. Anyway, things are going pretty well here. I am persevering with the daytime sleeps in the cot, some days it works, others he screams like he's being tortured. Still doing the 10hrs at night which I'm pretty happy with. He has learned to squeal and blow raspberries, both of which he thinks are hilarious cos they're guaranteed to get him attention. Latest prob though is feed time - he takes the first 70-80mls okay, then he just can't keep still to drink the rest no matter what position he's in. It's taking ages to get a whole bottle down now. Still, he is a little pudding, over 7kgs and growing out of his clothes faster than I can get him wearing them.
    Mel, good to have you back, sorry to hear Zayed hasn't been well.
    Dachlostar, IKWYM with taking the quick option, I give in way too easily. And as for MILs and solids, well, mine bought Kaleb an easter egg. Yep, a chocolate easter egg, and when I laughed and said well, maybe this time next year he'll be able to eat it, she was upset?!
    Snowy, hope the pics turn out beautifully!

Hey, how are you all?

Beth, Lily is very fussy sometimes when she has the bottle. Always has arms and legs flying around.

Have finally got Lily weighed and measured today. She's now 6.45kgs and 64cms long with head of 40.3cms. She's grown 14cms and put on about 2.1kgs since birth. She's taking after her daddy's height that's for sure!

Hi everyone, i hope you're all well.
    Beth, Sometimes Yasin is a bit hard to feed because he is busy being distracted by everything that moves. I try not to stress about it and don't force the issue, usually eats well the next time he feeds.
    Tegan, I just loked at Lily's new photos. Very cute!! I just got a photo of my friends brand new baby and she is soooo tiny. I came over all clucky!!
    Michelle, I'm not quite sure what MIL's issue is. She's a bit of a control freak and doesn't really appreciate having her advice ignored. I think she wanted a DIL that she could push around. FIL is cool. He just ignores her alot of the time and spends as much time as he can at the aquatic centre with his friends.
    DH and I have given up on the sleep thing. We've just accepted that he will no longer put himself to sleep and needs to be cuddled to sleep. If he still can't put himslef to sleep when he is a year old we'll deal with it then but we're hoping that by then he'll have got back into it by himself. What a hopeless pair of softies we are!!!!
    He seems to have a bit of a snotty nose at the moment - yuck!!
    Today would have been my Mum's 68th b'day. I'm really missing her at the moment. She would have been so proud of Yasin.

Well, I stepped on the scales yesterday with Wolf on my arm and then withouth and so did DH.... well, according to our bathroom scales, Wolf ways 8kg! Holy cow! Well, take off 0.5kg for nappy and PJ but that still makes him 7.5kg. I thought he was quite heavy recently... he definitely is one big boy!

I am still jetlagged. Woke at 3 a.m. and can't go back to sleep. Wolf went to bed at 7 p.m. and woke at 1 and at 4 a.m. so pretty much back to normal for him. I wish I could be back to normal *sigh*.

Beth, lol at the squealing. Wolf does these ear piercing squeals sometimes.. ouchie. He thinks its very funny (especially when doing them into mommy's ear)

Dachlostar, I can imagine you must miss your mom. I don't know what I'd do without mine. I think having children yourself makes you feel really close to your own mom. (definitely has for me)

Well, I will try to catch some more sleep though don't have my hopes up.

Snowy

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast