Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3 months - 6 months November 05 #2

Fletch, thanks, I will have to suss out what they have at the shopping centre. It's about 40mins away from us but we're there often enough anyway for groceries etc. LOL @ Zane sleeping in DH's spot in bed. That's what I do with Kynan too some mornings.

Brooke, good luck to Dan! Fingers crossed!

Heather, that's great that Hendy seems to like the solids! It's possible he might have a tummy ache. It might take him a while to get used to it and also my CHN says it can take a while for their digestive system to be ready for it. See how he goes I suppose?

Belinda, I think it was Storm who is PG. As for DH & bub... I do the majority of stuff to do with taking care of Kynan. DH helps with taking his clothes off and bringing him to me in the bath, and will sometimes have a play & cuddle, & occasionally has a go at settling/resettling. Other than that I do everything. Hope you're able to get through to your DH!

Wow everyones in here today. Geesh..i just read through all the posts and now I cant remember anything #-o I will have a go anyway.

Shannon...so nice to see you back in here. Sorry to hear you and Jess ended back up in hospital though. Yaay for Jess learning to roll and sit up. What a clever lil girl. Hope the antibiotics clears the thrush up super quick...im guessing its pretty ouchie. I think ive been so blessed after 4 kiddies to have never had a bout of it..though having said that I hope I dont jinx myself now. :-s

Kate...so nice to have you back..i missed you! Hope little Kelse gets more settled for you. We had a couple of weeks of unsettledness too where Sammy wouldnt sleep for more than a few minutes as soon as we put him in his cot. I ended up bringing the bassinette back in and doing it gradually and now hes fine in it. Hope Kelse is feeding better now with formula. Sammy is gumming me too...only word i can think of seeing as he doesnt have teeth..lol. God it hurts too..dont not looking forward to teeth coming in!

Awww Bel...poor little Coby. I really hope the Zantac helps with his vomitting. Poor little fella. Not sure where to find some novelty chrissy things. Have you had a squiz online?

Hi Caz. Glad to hear Cole is doing well. Sammy has constant dribble now too and his hands are always in his mouth. I hope Cole's teeth dont cause him too much trouble. Be nice to see some piccies of your gorgeous kiddies too.

Hay omg at the size of that baby...little porka!!!Just as well bubs was a ceasar! So glad your little duckling made it. You must have healing hands.lol. Sammy is dribbling heaps too...i can see feel little lumps on his gums..can you see anything on Thomas's? Bugger on the internet change too.

Hi Fletchie...awww cant wait to see your Santa and pixie pics. Decisions decisions..its hard knowing what to dress them up in ..lol..though with us lately..ive got darling boy all dressed up and we go out only for him to poo all up his back so i have to do a complete outfit change. Lucky they look gorgeous in everything eh.

Hi Angel...lol at Kynan being suspicious. I can just picture that. He must have gotten a suprise! Sammy gives me the same look when im putting him in his cot..cos he normally falls asleep while feeding.

Hi Brookey...hows gorgeous little Maya going? Cant wait to see your pixie pics too. Hope your neck gets better soon...must be annoying when you are trying to look after a bubs. Hopefully the physio will fix it.

Wow Heather at Hendy having his first solids. Bet his face was priceless when you gave it to him. Was it rice cereal?

Well its actually warm here today..so ive been able to put Sammy into some of his gorgeous summer clothes. He wore his bathers for the first time on Saturday. He looked so darn cute..not that he went in the water...he was just wearing his bathers too like all the other kids..lol I made a start on my Chrissy shopping today. Geesh..its hard getting back to shopping with a baby. Im starting to panic cos the kids finish school on the 8th of Dec so I have to try and get as much done before then. What sort of things are you buying your bubs for this Christmas? There are so many gorgeous things out there.

Well I have to get ready to pick the kiddies up..i cant believe its warm enough to go swimming today....we are so lucky cos my mum just bought a new house with a huge pool and slide...guess where we are going this arvo.

Talk soon

Jo

belmarks Guest

Hi Angel & Kate, thanks for that info, but how do you find that? Are you ok with it? Or does it bug you?

belmarks Guest

Thanks for that Kate, yes, we're real talkers too. I like to wear my heart on my sleeve and usually people know how I feel!! LOL!!

I never want him to give up his footy, because that would be just awful and he would resent me, but its all the other stuff that goes along with it that he doesn't need to do that annoys me, instead of him wanting to spend time with us, he always seems to have something else to do, whether its training, touch footy, oz tag or mowing the lawn, and then when he has a free afternoon, he usually phones and tells me he's going to the pub for a few on his way home on a Friday arvo. That frustrates the hell outta me!! What if I wanna go and do something? Im very sporty too, and at the moment I am very restricted and can't play any sports because he's out almost every night, I think that's probably why Im going a bit stir crazy, because I'm used to going out and playing sport and now that I can't Im a bit mental!! LOL!!

I guess its just something I'll have to get used to now...

I just don't want Coby to become dependent on me alone (like you said) I mean, what would happen if something happened to me???

Well hiya all, its lovely to read all your news ( even if it takes an hour to catch up!!)
    Dion was christened on sunday, and looked very smart in his little suit, Rianna didnt want to be there and threw non stop tanties, so didnt get any nice family photos, but thems the breaks hey.
    Dion started rolling back to front on thursday, and thinks he's soo clever!LOL The Paediatrician isnt sure whats wrong with his chest, we have to give him ventolin 4 times a day for a week, and keep a diary of how his chest is, he is also thinking cystic fibrosis, but doesnt think thats too much of a possibility as Dion is "thriving" ( fat in other words lOL)
    He will be 4 months on saturday, but because of his chest I'm not sure that I will start him on solids straight away.
    He's still not sleeping very well, wakes up 4-6 times most night ( starting around 1am) most of the time its after a coughing fit. We use the EASY method too, and most of the time this keeps him a fairly content baby during the day. I am still fully BF him, AF returned when he was 6 weeks old, and I have now had the injection, so hopefully am safe!! [-o< He doesnt usually feed overnight whilst Im at work, just waits for me to get home, as doesnt like the bottle very much. I get up during the day to feed him, so am not having much sleep atm, #-o never mind.

Hi everyone! :wave:

Warning: marathon post ahead. Read only if you want to catch up on the latest over here.

Shannon, you're a love, that's for convincing me to post! Feels good to get it out!

I'm back studying Danish again and its consuming all my freetime and I'm afraid I don't have a lot of opportunities to post as much as I'd like to. But I do try and pop in here and read about how you and you're bubbies are going, as often as possible. I love you all!

Al is a little darling. He weighs 7kgs and is 65cms long. You can see the latest pics on his webpage.
    He gets a bit miserable sometimes during the day due to his teeth, I think. He has a couple of teething rings and toys that he 'chews' on, but actually they just seem to make him more upset - as if it hurts him.

Against adivce from the MCHN here, I started him on some rice meal a day after he turned 4 months. (They recommend solids at 6 months here) I just mix a little with some breastmilk and he loves it. But I really don't know how to prepare it. I would use Farax but they don't have it here. Is Farax rice meal (ie looks like flour but made from rice?) or what is it? How do you prepare it? I only mix half a teaspoon with breastmilk but he gets a few teaspoons in, he really seems to love it and it stays down (except for the bits he dribbles all over his clothes LOL). any advice on a recipe for first solids appreciated! (sorry if its a dumb question but I can't properly understand what is written on the side of the box - in Danish)

My DH is extremely busy all the time. When he isn't working out of the house, he is working at home! Drives me mental some days, but he is freelancing and we will have a lot of freetime together when we come to Australia next month. (woohoo!)
    DH takes care of the baby when I am at school 3 nights a week. Which is my only time away from the baby. We don't get a lot of time together - just DH and I at the moment - so that has lead to some tensions around the place. I think if he wasn't working I would be really upset if he was away so much, but I can't really complain as he is providing for us.

I am also beginning to stress out a bit about the 24 hour flight next month. We did a 3 hour train ride on the weekend. One way DS slept. The return trip was quite stressful as he cried and cried and we struggled to settle him - he fell asleep in the last 15 mins! As a result, DH and I were at each other's necks as well. I wish we could have laughed about it - but I really feel so tense when the baby is crying - I am just not rational. So I hope our long haul flight is less eventful!

Alright, I think that's about all thats on my mind LOL!

I have been looking at all your baby's webpages and wish I could give them a cuddle! Very cute munchkins!

belmarks Guest

Hi All, its definitely cooled down here!!

How are you all feeling?

Deb - I know I would be a bit worried about taking a long flight, but Im sure you will be fine!! They say that you should either feed your baby or give them a dummy during take off and landing, help their ears adapt to the change in pressure I think...Where will you be staying when you come home to Australia?

Yes we have Farex rice cereal and it says to mix with enough breast milk, formula or water to make a very watery mix, sort of a bit thicker than the milk they are drinking. I couldn't get Coby to eat the rice cereal, he didn't like it at all, so we moved on to vegies etc, which he loves!! Good luck with the solids, its all fun and games and I love watching their faces as they try new foods!! Tee he he!!

Vanita - gee I didn't know you were having trouble with Dion, what's been happening? Hope everything is ok. Did everyone fuss over him at the christening? Its all good fun isn't it!!

Kate - good luck with the christening outfit, when I was looking for Coby's christening, there were heaps of lovely outfits for girls so you should be able to find something nice!!

Brooke - yeah come on, move over here, its lovely. Having lived in Perth for a few months a few years back, I know how beautiful it is and why you wouldn't want to leave though!! How is you back/neck today? Yes please put some more photos on your website of Maya, would love to see how she's grown. That 5 months flies doesn't it! I can't believe Coby was 5 months last Saturday....Scary, we'll be saying in 21 years how quickly the time has flown too Im sure...

Jo - Im thinking about buying lots of educational stuff for Coby for Christmas, he has an active little mind and I would like to nurture that, you know, lots of Fisher Price stuff to learn co-ordination and cognitive skills etc, plus my mum is getting him the Little Touch Leap Pad and some books etc...What about you, what will you be getting?

Are you all excited about your baby's first christmas? I know I am, but I know that next year will be even better because he will start to know what its all about......

Chat to you all later, hope you and your precious little ones are having a wonderful day today!!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Deb-Here is a recipe for rice cereal that you make yourself from scratch

Ground Rice Cereal

Prep time: 5 mins
    Cooking time: 5 mins
    Makes 6 serves

1/4 cup short grain polished rice
    1/2 cup water

Grind the rice to a smooth powder in a spice grinder or use a mortar and pestle.

Put in a small saucepan and stir in the water. Stir over low heat for 2-3 mins, or until the mixture becomes thick and creamy.

cazoraz Guest

hi all - just a quick one to say I have made a website of the kids if anyone wants to take a look it should be on the www button under this post. I will check out everyones sites today so I can see your gorgeous kids!

xxxCaz

Deb - good to hear from you. You are such a trooper studying Danish and raising a little one! I too would love to hear where you are staying when you come to Oz.

Bel - I like Brooke have a very equal relationship with DH with raising Hendrix. He does work full-time (when he isnt touring) but works shift work and when he is home does all the cooking and does everything he can with Hendy. Mike like you has NO relationship whatsoever with his father so i think this is a major influencing factor. Have you spoken to your DH? Maybe he just isnt aware how much he is away.

Brooke and Angel (i think you asked) we gave hendrix pear as his first food and while it went down a treat he has not been a happy trooper since. In fact this morning he wouldnt sleep for 3 hours and screamed everytime he was put down (he has never ever done this before) so i think ill try food again in a couple of days and if we get the same reaction will hold of till 6 months.

Did any of you other guys who have given food found that their bubs got a tummy ache or wind or trouble pooing?? I know he is a sensitive little fellow but it was pretty terrible this morning i felt awful.

Hey everyone

Have read up on everything but its all a blur now!

All is fine here as usual, Mason is in habit now of waking up during the night so have to somehow get that cut out so hubby can get a proper nights sleep, as i dont hear a thing once i am asleep.

He crawls around the cot in his sleep, drag crawling not proper crawling yet, and then he gets caught up in the slats of cot, i was thinking maybe one of them safe T sleep things might stop it, i dont know! But its not a major thing.

He is eating up a storm now, but i have cut it all back as he become a big wind bubble, would swear he was in labour the other night with the grunts and noises he was doing. Going back to more plainer food for awhile so his stomach digests it all better.

Well anyway
    take care
    Belinda

Heather: I found Mason was fine with most things but when i done a vege mix we had a horrible night with him, so going back to introducing more veges individually again. But like you said just wait a few days before trying it again. Good luck with it

Take care
    Belinda

Note: This damn urge for another one wont go away!!!!!!! Make it go away!!
    I am even thinking what a nightmare putting Mason in car seat then having to put a baby in a capsule in a hatchback! But thats not working!!!!
    AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Belinda (serendipity) ohhhhh im really excited for you! What does your DH think about having another soon?? Keep us posted!

Well on the food front. Im sure it was the food but he has done a poo (sorry tmi) easily and hasnt seemed to be in too much pain today since his nap but still screamed again when i put him down for his next nap until i distracted him with a toy so maybe he is just protesting to being put in his cot??

belmarks Guest

Hey Heather, yes Coby had a bit of trouble pooing, just that they were a bit more "solid" than he was used to, sorry if TMI!! tee he he

Belinda, we have been talking about another one too, isn't it strange, that you hit this stage and automatically think about going again, a few of my friends that have bubs the same age as Coby are also thinking about it again....

Its a funny feeling hey, but I just can't shake it either...

Jo, aww I bet Sammy looked gorgeous in his bathers! We're not going to buy too much for Kynan for Christmas as our families will be getting heaps of stuff for him. We have a mini ball pool for him already and I think we might also get him a play tunnel. Hope you had fun at your mum's pool!

Belinda, yep it does bug the hell out of me sometimes. DH does do more now than he did a few months ago so I'm grateful for that (every now and then he'll even take a nappy to the laundry for me!!). I'm getting used to it now and don't so much mind doing all the nappy changes etc, but I do wish he'd spend more time interacting with Kynan. When he does hold him more often than not he just has Kynan in his lap while he watches telly. Can you talk to your DH and perhaps arrange some time each week that you can have to yourself to do whatever you want while he takes care of Coby?

Brooke, hope Maya has been a bit more settled today!

Kate, did you find an outfit for Kelsey? Hope you had fun shopping.

Vanita, woohoo for Dion rolling! What a clever boy! I hope his chest gets better soon.

Deb, hope the Danish is going well! Good luck for the big flight next month.

Heather, sorry to hear Hendrix has been so unsettled since he tried solids. I hope he's better soon.

Serendipity, sounds like Mason is doing wonderfully! Wow @ him moving around in his cot like that!

Caz, very cute piccies on your site!!

Just a quick one....nightmare hour here atm;

Bel, my DH seems to find time for sport, CFA, work etc... but not much time for us, unless I make a song and dance about it. Makes me insane because I feel like I'm ALWAYS nagging (& he prob thinks so too). But nothing else seems to get through to him. GRRRRRRRRR. We have 'discussions' at least once a week. Sigh.....

Deb, I played Alex's video while Pup was sitting on my lap and he immediantly dropped his dummy and started talking to the screen! It was soooo cute!

To whoever it was about the Santa photo at Myer being the best.....thanks for the tip. Was wondering where to go as we don't have Santa photos in our town.

Ohhh, gotta go. Pup is sucking on the back of my hand and it is turning into a love bite !!!!! LOL.

Hayseed

Awwww brooke i want to give Maya lots of kisses (and im sure hendrix does too, thats his new trick giving kisses to people on their necks although it looks more like a vampire impersonation!! hehe). Hendy loves DnB and hates all the baby classical stuff. When we are driving in the car (he hates the car seat) if i put on the baby mozart he will keep on screaming but if i put on my lamb cd the electronica puts him to sleep!! Makes us laugh cause he already likes the beats!! I have a feeling that we would be really good friends if you came over here and that mike and dan would get on well!

Fletch your and your DH relationship sounds wonderful! Id love to meet you and Zane at the next meet-up!

Well gotta go. Dinners waiting

Hi Girls

We now have brand new "born in" threads for you all. At the end of this month this old style thread will be closed and the new ones will take over. We found that this style is getting hard to keep up for some members, so trying to make it easier on everyone including us moderators !!!

For the babies born in May please visit HERE
    For the babies born in June please visit HERE
    For the babies born in July please visit HERE
    For the babies born in August please visit HERE

These new threads don't mean you can't chat across the forums and keep up with the people you have gotten to know in this thread, we are trying to make a little bit easier for those that don't get so much time online, also there will be no changing forums as your baby gets older so you wont have to find your way into a brand new thread.

If you have any queries please throw me or one of the moderators an email.

Love

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast