Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 3 Months - 6 Months, October '05 #3

Alex is still not taking much milk even with me not giving him solids for lunch. I changed his teat to a faster flow one but that made no real differance.
    Alex did wake this morning at 1:30 and then 4:30 at that time i went in to feed him and all he did was scream so i put him back to bed until he fell back to sleep which he did.

Deeanne - Hope Matthew starts to sleep all night again for you.

Hayseed - Nice to see you back. Have a great time on Sunday.

Brooke - Matthew`s not crawling yet but rolling everywhere is just as bad, I never thought of him rolling and getting into everything, the places he ends up and the things he finds, I`m going to have to talk to the boys when we pick them up today about putting everything away such as marbles and rubberbands they leave around since Matthew is so active in his rolling.

Kate - That`s good news about Kelsey`s weight, Good luck with talking to the family and have a great time camping.

Michelle - sorry to hear Alex still isn`t taking much milk even without solids and that he`s still waking up.

Matthew was also up last night at 3.45am even after a big feed of rice cereal and a big breastfeed before bed, not sure if a growth spurt could be happening or perhaps he needs more Breastfeeds because of the energy he`s burning off.

Shannon - we were posting at the same time Have fun at the gym, your a lot more energectic then I am, I haven`t been to a gym since I was in high school, hope Jessalyn is okay with the people, Matthew has gone through that stage a number of times but is ok again now with people.

rails Guest

Hi all ...

Dee - Jesse is doing very well .... he is rolling around everywhere also ! .... just started doing the double roll overs ... starts in one spot ends up over the other side of the floor ... haha ... ! ... I put one of those bed side panel cusions under him when i need to do something out of sight, it works 95% of the time .... sometimes he manages to get over it....little rascal #-o .... Has Mathew been introduced to a portacot? ... when Jesse becomes unstoppable i will put him in the portacot with a bunch of toys to play with .... very successful for my sister's boy. Or you could get a playpen....(looks like a mini jail...haha) ....

Brookey - a girlfriend of mine got me onto the book when i was pregnant ... so i was well prepared, not everyone agrees with her ways - even me in some areas, but i must say it must have worked for us because i will say everyday how Lucky we are to have such a good baby !! ....

Kate - you are definately not being selfish .... a christening is a special day for the baby ....birthdays should be seperate. Have fun camping - hope the 'chat' is received well by the family 8-[

moof - what is the babywise method? .... have not heard of this ... :-k

On Tuesday I went into the city to meet a couple girlfriends for lunch .... the day did not start off well ... i had to bring forward Jesse's Lunch earlier because it takes about an hour to get into the city, he wasn't too interested in the solids, had a BF. When we got to the cafe he started to get cranky & when i checked for his dummy ..... NOT THERE !!!! ....my DH took it out the other day & did not replace it -he hasn't used the dummy for about 4 days & the day he needs it I don't have it .... so i had to end up BF in the cafe ... was very uncomfortable ... never done that before ... my girlfriend helped cover me up the side he fed from so you couldn't see anything, did the job to settle him, finished off his feed in the car after lunch....couldnt wait to get home .... ! :-({|=
    Yesterdays outing was much better ... he was a happy chappy all day ! =D>

Rails - That`s a great idea about a portacot or playpen I`d never thought of it don`t know why. Sounds like Jesse is just as active as Matthew. Sorry to hear about the situation you where in on Tuesday, I`m like you I don`t like feeding in public unless I really, really, really have to most of the time I go back to the car but at work I have to BF and it`s very uncomfortable like what you did with Jesse I give Matthew his solids early but it`s too early and he`s not very interested then I get a hungry baby, anyway I`d glad you had a good outing yesterday.

I`m trying to download some photos but for some reason the digital camera isn`t playing ball, got some great ones of Matthew sitting just now, I`ll let you all know when they are finally on the site

I'm taking Alex off to the doctors at lunch time as he is not himself. Went to get him weighed which he loves to have done and all he did was scream even after i gave him his bottle. He has red cheeks which are very dry and some spots on his foot. He's finally asleep in the pram at the moment as we walked to the clinic.

The nurse said it is normal for them to take less milk if they are feeding more but i have to be careful with Alex becuase of his kidneys and bladder infections as not feeding well is a sign something could be wrong.

Will do personals later when i have some more time.

rails Guest

Dee - i got the portacot out about 2 wks ago for him to have a play in - he seemed to enjoy it in there, you need to get them used to it, otherwise they won't have a bar of it. We are going away for a few days next week, so Jesse will need to sleep in it - so apart from letting him play in it every now & then, i have been putting him in the portacot to sleep for his morning nap .... the first day was a bit of a struggle, the next few days he was fine, went straight to sleep \/

Michelle - hope all goes well at the doctors .... will keep my fingers crossed for you

Jesse has started sucking his finger - the second last one - he sucks it every chance he gets, if he puts the little finger in by mistake he slides it out & puts the second last in .... is sooooo cute !!!

Rails - ohhhh!! @ Jesse sucking his second last finger. That is just gorgeous makes me go gooey thinking about how cute that is!

Michelle - i hope that all is ok with Alex.

Moof - id also be interested in your method!

Kate - hope you an excellent time away! I agree with the others that it is not selfish at all to want that day just for Kelsey. Its like someone asking if they can celebrate their birthday at your wedding! A bit silly of your MIL to ask i think. Hope your explanation goes down ok.

Brookey - the new photos are delicious!

Well i had hendy weighed today and his weight gain has also slowed. I guess its just normal at this stage for breastfed babes to not be too chubby??

Heather - As you`ve probably heard before Breastfed babies do plateau out, Matthew has never been a chubby baby, not like some I see so I wouldn`t worry about Hendrix not being too chubby. Your doing well and Hendrix is fine.

Rails - How very cute of Jesse, Matthew has just started sucking his fingers again, that`s great that Jesse adapted to the portacot so well.

Michelle - I hope Alex is okay, thinking of you.

moof_mum Guest

Hey all,

Shannon: i also went back to the gym this week, after not doing any exercise since i was 4 months pregnant. But needless to say, its actually been awesome. We have this real cool ladies Gym in Perth called Curves, not sure if you guys have it in other states. But its a 1 hour and 30 mins workout condensed into 30 mins. Its a circuit route. but its easy, does take it all outta me though. And its awesome cause there is no men, and no stick insects. Everyone is there to loose weight, or tone the flabby arms, hehe.

Babywise:
    Babywise method is basically feed-time,wake-time,sleep-time. No routine, but not demand. Its kinda a mixture of the two. The call PDF ( parent direct feeding). So the parents says what goes and then the baby knows that you are the parent. We followed this from when Hannah was bout 3 weeks to about 18 weeks. But the gaurentee your baby will sleep through night from 7-9 weeks. I mean if the baby has colic or reflux or something that would be different. I only really fed Hannah once in the night from very early on anyway. So my day was as follows: Wake - 8.00am feed for 20 mins, wake time :15 mins, sleep time: up to 2 hours. so i'd feed her again at 11am and i would continue this all day. So you kinda are on a schedule of 3 hours, but if you as the parent can see at maybe 2.30 hours they are hungry feed them. then sometimes, she might be able to go 3.30 hours.

Obviously when your baby is less than 4 weeks, the can sleep all the time so you have no wake-time. As your baby gets older you gradually strech the wake-time out and also the cycle time. So the wake-time becomes 30-45 mins and then the sleep is 1.5 hours. Hannah did drop that middle of the night 4am feed by 8 weeks, and i've never had to feed her in the middle of the night since. Once you get rid of the 4am one, you try to drop back the 11.30-12.00pm feed. Which we found real easy. So we then dropped back to 9.30-10pm feed. That feed we were stuck on from about 14 weeks - 20 weeks. Now shes on the routine of 7.00pm to 7.30am no problems. So now my day is like this: Wake 7.30-8.00am, i feed her myself, for 15 mins. Then we have playtime, watch ABC kids, or just sing some songs. Then she'll go down at about 9.30am, wake at about 11.15am. I"ll give her a bottle at 11.30. Shes awake till about 12.15-12.30, then she'll sleep till about 2.45-3.00. Wake up for a bottle. Have a playtime till about 4.30-5.00, sleep time 6.00-6.15. have a play till about 7.00, then have her solids and a bottle and go back to bed till the morning at about 7.30ish.

If your interested i can get the book for any of you to read. i have a copy myself and wouldnt mind posting it to someone , then we could just pass it around? The book actually teaches you the methods and how to do it properly. This is just my little example, of what i learnt and how we did it. But the babywise range actually goes to toddlers and stuff too.

moofy! (kirsty)

We had to wait an hour to see the doctor which Alex was not happy about as he wanted his lunch. We have put the screaming down to him being tired. But the spots on his foot is ezcema and he also has ezcema on his face, arms and legs so i now have 3 different kinds of cream for him and if it doesn't clear up in 3-4weeks we have to go back again. The ezcema on his foot is a different kind from what is on the rest of him.
    I have also been given some sachets of different formula to try him on and i may also need to change that.

When we got home Alex eat 2 jars of baby food. The he cried himself to sleep still will not take his milk.

moof_mum Guest

Brookey: i dont think there is a website, i searced around all over the net.

Hi Everyone,

Still findin' it hard to get on the 'net while Tim's at home! I am also a host mum for a 12 year old girl with autism and an intellectual disability for the past couple of days (she goes home Sat night). Pretty full on with her and Hannah both not sleeping. Hannah's sleeping pattern is currently 2 hourly waking all night until 2am, and hourly from there. The girl that's staying with us wakes at least 4 times a night too - and tends to either run out the front door and run around the house (she even tried to get outside the gate last night) or she starts singing at the top of her lungs (at 4am thismorning). The singing woke Hannah, who didn't know what the heck was going on. *sigh* I am exhausted. Can't think straight! No wonder - I'm spending all day and all night running around after these two! I should just learn to say "no" to people who ask me to do really unreasonable things (like taking on a special needs child with behaviour problems, as well as cope with Hannah's sleeping - or lack thereof).

Luckily for me, there is hope and light at the end of the tunnel. Hannah and I check into Riverton on Monday morning. I am feeling really anxious and panicky about it (nightmares and everything). But on the other hand, it may just save my sanity.

Michelle - the eczema sounds nasty - poor little guy. I can totally sympathise with you on this one. Hannah's still isn't clear. I hope all the creams help and that you can get on top of it ASAP. OMG at him eating 2 jars of baby food! He certainly has an appetite doesn't he? Did the dr think this was an allergic thing?

Shannon - Way to go girl! I am inspired! Joining the gym is still on my "gunnado" list.

Brooke - Maya sounds like such a lovely bub! Glad her dummy wakings are lessening. You sound really happy! Being a Mum is great isn't it!?!

Moofy - Nice to meet you (love your little girl's name! lol! Great minds think alike) and good for you for starting at the gym this week too! The babywise method sounds sensible. I'm hoping to get into a better routine at Riverton.. fingers crossed (otherwise I might take you up on the book lending offer!)

Heather - Hendrix sounds like he's doing really well. All bubs are different with their weight gain I guess. Hannah's fully breastfed, but she's 8kg! One of the other bubs in my Mum's group is only 5.5kg and is the same age as Hannah (and bf).

Hi Rails - Jesse's finger sucking sounds pretty cute. They get into the funniest little habits don't they?! I know what you mean about the rolling everywhere. I can hardley keep up with Hannah now that she's got the hang of it.

Dee - Hope the digital camera decides to cooperate!

Hope everyone else is well!

Hannah has just woken up (went down at 8.30pm). Grrrr....

Oh well...only a couple more sleeps (well...non-sleeps) to go. Riverton here we come!

I will see you all in a week or so!

Wish me luck!

Juilette - Hope everything goes well at Riverton and you finally get Hannah to sleep. Thinking of you heaps.
    Alex does have an appetite at tea time he had his bottle of milk and then some pumpkin but the best thing is he slept all night.
    I think the dr will look to see if he is allergic to anything if the creams don't work.

Brooke - Thanks for the hugs. Just when i think things are going well something goes wrong again. I could have cried when i was at the clinic yesterday when Alex was so upset.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

I have started to give Alex his milk before his solids now and he is taking all his milk and all what solids i give him. Last night he slept all night but has been awake since 5am. But i don't mind as i slept well.

Just popping in quickly to see how Alex is, Michelle I was going to say it sounds like he may have eczema, what creams did the Dr give you?. I`m still trying to clear Matthew`s up, I don`t like using the Sigmacort everyday so I alternate it with Pawpaw for his face, aromababy for his arms, chest and legs, the only place he isn`t covered in eczema is his back so I know how your feeling, I get quite upset at times trying to battle with it, I hope Alex`s clears soon for you.

I`ll be back in later to do personals, Matthew`s awake.

In the meantime I have updated Matthew`s site, all the new photos are in the October Album

Deeanne the doctors gave us Elidel for his face and then i also brought dermaid for his body and to use on his face in
    between the times he doesn't have Elidel on he has av cream which i can use on his face/body.
    His face is less red today which is nice first time in ages.
    I couldn't believe how much it all cost just the prescription alone was $28. The doctor faxed of a form for me to get free samples of Elidel as a trial thing. I said i didn't mind as anything helps.

Also may have to buy him some new formula but will only do that once it is all clear and then i may try it. That is $20 a tin a lot more than me paying $10.50 for what we use now but i know it's not his formula doing this to him as i remember Kimberley having the same problem as a baby but i never got hers looked at then.

Brooke - that is so lovely that Dan has taken Maya for the day. A real bonus of bottle feeding is that he can take her independently! Mike hasnt taken hendy out by himself yet but due to BF every 4 hours it makes it a bit hard! Im so glad that you love being a mum (it is the best job isnt it??) cause i love it so much also! When are you and dan planning on having your next?

Juliette - your an amazing women. You are having so little sleep yet you come on and chat with such energy and always see the bright beauiful positive things in life! I think you would be a superb host mum and its no wonder you got asked to do it, but as you say you have to think a little bit more about YOU!

Michelle - im so glad that Alex took more of his milk. As Brooke says perhaps you should stick to milk then food and see if he continually takes the greater amounts.

Well Hendy is just great. He still wakes for his dummy once or twice most nights but also sleeps right through without stirring a couple of nights as well. Im just so loving motherhood and just feel more and more blessed each day to have him in our lives.

Hope you are all doing beautifully.
    xx

Hey everyone

Just a quick one

Had dental work done and all i can say is pain, misery, agony was how i spent the last few days and its still not that good.....

I have been a nightmare to live with, but hopefully by the end of the week i will put it all behind me, god i hope it works that way!

Take care
    Belinda

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast