Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 3 Months - 6 Months, October '05 #3

My night last night was great Alex was in bed by 5:30pm and Kimberley 6:30pm. Alex did wake 3 times last night and when he woke at 5:50am for a feed and would not take all of it i just walked away and left him in his cot to talk to himself and finally after 20mins he went back to sleep.

Really having trouble getting him to take his milk at the moment sometimes i have to put him on the floor to take it and then he may only take 100mls of it. Even when we went to the shops this morning he only took a little bit but he did eat lots of babyrice for breakfast.

How is everyone doing today ??

I stayed up and watched that as well but it took me ages to fall asleep i think it was gone midnight and then Alex woke at 1am.
    I don't know why i was worried being on my own with the kids last night as i am the one that does everything for them anyway and only sometimes Paul gets up with them first thing.

It is horrible when you don't really wake up to feed them i find on nights like that i can't remember waking up at all and have to think really hard if i did or not.

Hope everything goes well for you tonight Shannon.

moof_mum Guest

Forum Name: moof_mum
    State: WA, Perth
    Baby's DOB: 05/05/05 ( i love typing that)
    Baby's Stats: 5p poz, 48cms lenght
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Hannah Gillian
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b...iful%5Fhannah/
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: 2 weeks early, emergency c-section.

Heather - The pear was a huge hit with Matthew, he ate 1 and was looking for more, now I wonder if I`ll get a huge nappy explosion LOL

Kate - So sorry to hear about your friend loosing her Baby, it`s so hard, my neice lost her baby girl at 21 weeks only 16 days after Matthew was born. So sorry to hear that Kelsey is so unsettled. Have you asked Katanya for the Breastfeeding growth chart? If so how`s Kelsey`s weight on there? Remembering our charts are all out of date and are based on formula fed american babies. Dr didn`t mention if Matthew will outgrow the eczema or not, it`s heredity so I imagine he`ll always have a little, mine went wild when I was pregnant but has since settled down.

Welcome Moof and Hannah

Michelle - Glad you had a good night

Matthew is going ahead in leaps and bounds, he was sitting up unaided at work today playing with big lego blocks, he loved them so I think Santa will have to bring some at Christmas time.

oooh I can smell that nappy explosion LOL. I better go and change the boy and give him a bath, it`s so hot here it might help to cool him down.

moof_mum Guest

thanks dee

Dee - yay at the pear success!! As much as im going to hang out till 6 months im getting a bit excited about trying the foods!

Kate - im so sorry to hear about your friend. That must be the hardest thing. I also agree with Shannon that you should worry more about your mothers instinct. Kelsey sounds like a happy healthy thing when you are following your heart. Its funny cause the only problems i had with Hendy was when i was feeding him more regularly and he got a sore belly!

Welcome to Moof and Hannah - looking forward to getting to know you. I checked out your photos and what a gorgeous looking girl!

xx

Hi girls,

have been MIA for a couple of days mainly because of this rotten ankle. So difficult to get things done because I am limited mobility wise, and seem to run out of time before I get on here. Sigh.

Anyway, things going well with us. Pup has adapted to a new routine that involves spending a lot of time in one room with his mum for most of the day! He is still sleeping through the night (thank god) mainly about 10 - 11 hrs. The other night he slept for 13.5 hours and I had to wake him up. My boobs were bursting!!

We had to go to Melb on the weekend to a first communion and a number of my extended family met Pup for the first time. They are rather slack about coming out to see us, so hence he is now going on 4 months and this is their first sighting. Sigh...again.

For those that remember me finishing my Masters before Pup was born, well, I have my graduation tomorrow night at Monash in Melbourne. We are heading down tomorrow lunch time as I now have to allow time for not only getting Pup organised, but myself as well. Ha ha.

On Sunday we are having Pup christened. And what a saga. I have been disappointed with some of the RSVPs. Tell me if I am I crazy. I made the invites myself and I didn't put any names on the actaul invites (it was generally worded). I sent them to close friends and family members and I addressed the envelope to the person who I was either related to, or that I knew would be repsonsible for getting thier mob organised. I got some replies from my in laws that they were confused about whether just the person on the envelope was invited (ie just my SIL) or their whole family as well (ie my SILs hubby and kids). NONE of my family and friends have not seemed to have this problem. They have all assumed that to a christening, they are all invited. But some of my I-Ls seem to only feel that they are invited if each of their names is actaully printed on the invite. Was I being rude by not putting names on, or are they just being pedantic???

Anyway, so far about 50 are coming and I'm sure we'll have a great time. Hope the weather holds.

Like some of the bubs here, Pup is off for his 2nd lot of needles. We are going on Monday. Poor buggar. I just know he's going to cry. Awwww.

What is the growth chart some have mentioned on here? I have to get Pup back into the MCH centre to be weighed and other measurements taken. I want to find out about his percentile (both right now and int he past...for posterity). I'm pretty sure that Pup is in the bottom 15% because he was so little born. When do they catch up??

Well, best push off. Probably won't be around before Friday and then might be missing until after weekend when visitors leave.

Hayseed

Welcome Moof and Hannah

It's great when they have great birth dates.
    Kimberley's is 01/02/03 and i love typing that one.

Hi in here. Dion is just over 3 months now, I am back at work ( 2nd night tonight) My big boofa is nearly 8 kg, is in 0 bonds growsutis, and his 00 clothes are getting too short in the sleeve, and legs! I lost my baby too quick IYKWIM!!!!

Hayseed, Dion is getting baptised on nov 13th and the invites I sent out were general, "you are invited" and I put the names on the main
    person on the envelopes, and everyone seems to understand, not so pedantic are my rellies. ( only having 25 for a bbq lunch + kids, no where near as big as yours) They say it can take up til they are 2 to catch up, but that they will have done so by then , even very premmies!

we tried, but cant stick to a strict rouitine, with swimming lessons, playgroup, school, ballet etc etc its too hard for us, we do the eat, play sleep bizzo though,

Well must go answer a buzzer, catch u again soon.

Brooke - I did get your email thank you have been meaning to reply and i will. Alex has only got fussy since he has been having solids and now will only take 150mls of milk and before he was taking 200mls and sometimes 250mls. I went out last night and brought a new style bottle and teat to see if that would help but no it was still the same. This morning i did not give him his babyrice to see if he would take more milk but no.

Great to see Maya is doing so well will checkout her website in a minute

Kate - So sorry to read your friends new sending her lots of healing vibes and hugs.

cazoraz Guest

Morning all!

Kate - sorry to hear about your friend, poor thing. And I think you're right about trusting your own instincts, one of the hardest thing is getting all different advice from different people. You're the one around bubs all day, you know her best.

hayseed - congrats on finishing your Masters! Well done! I have just finished my BA and my 3rd year of BEd (secondary), just 12months to go now! Hope your christening goes wlel and the weather holds out for you.

Michelle - how is Alex with the milk today? My first daughter Lucy was the same, as soon as she started on rice cereal & vegies at 6months, she loved it so much she started drinking much less milk. i tried to add it to all her vegies and rice cereal to compensate, but couldn't really get her to drink anymore from a bottle. Sorry I have no advice, but at least you know you're not alone!

Cole is being a bit of a whinger today, in fact for the past 3-4 days. He may be teething I think, he has really dark green poo and lots of it, constant whinging for me, hates everyone else right now and wouldnt take a bottle of EBM yesterday while I was at an exam! Even his day naps have been a bit disturbed, he seems to wake up crying a bit more, though usually goes bak to sleep. I hope its only teething, we have our 4month checkup with MHN on Monday anyway. He is still feeding 4x per day of fme really well so I'm not too worried.

Poor Lucy cut 2 of her 2yr old molars on Tuesday, poor thing! She fell asleep at kinder for 3hrs (unheard of!) and refused to eat any food for days, shes looking pretty skinny right now! I think Cole might catch up to her the way he's going.

Take care
    xxxCaz

rails Guest

Hi Ladies,

Dee ... well i have finally managed to get to this thread .... ! ... congrats on Mathew sitting unaided ... I can't wait for Jesse to sit on his own, don't think he is too far away - fingers crossed.

Brookey - I am a fan of Gina Ford also, i agree she is very strict with her routines but you can follow to suit yourself & your baby to make it work for you. I can confidently say he is very contented. Now at 5 & 1/2 mths he is sleeping from 7:30pm to 7am .... with only the odd nightly wake up, which he gets himself back to sleep easily. I learned alot from that book.

Caz i just got 40mls of milk into Alex and that was hard work. I am so pleased to hear I'm not the only one to have trouble with this. I never had this problem with Kimberley. I do sometimes add it too his food but he then won't take much food.

moof_mum Guest

yes well im looking forward to getting to know you all

moof_mum Guest

Default Babywise

Have any of you tried the Babywise method with your babies?

moofy!

Hi Girls, I have a feeling I`m not going to be too successful here to post a reply to everyone with Mr Matthew, he`s into everything, have to keep my eyes on him all the time now, had him in the loungeroom thinking he`ll be ok for a few minutes with his toys as I finish sweeping the floor, went to check on him and he`s out the door with his dolly LOL.

Okay this isn`t working gota go and I`ll be back later

Just quickly Hi Rails glad to see you here at last \/

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hi All

Welcome all you newbies

Kate-So sorry to hear about your friend, my thoughts are with her.

Oh man, Jonah just woke up, might try and get back on later. If not a big hi to everyone :smt039 and I hope you've all had a lovely day.

Okay I`m here to try again now Matthew is asleep at least I know he`ll still be there when he wakes up

Moffy - I haven`t tried the Babywise method, are you trying it?

Caz - I hope Cole is more settled for you this afternoon.

Welcome Vanita and Dion

Hayseed - I wouldn`t take much notice of the percentile growth charts, babies are all very different, Matthew has always been on the 97th percentile for everything but Daddy is a tall man so he`s taking after Daddy`s side of the family. As long as Pup is doing well that`s all you have to worry about. The charts everyone is talking about are the Breastfed Baby graphs which hopefully will be out by the end of the year as far as I`m aware, Katanya has been sending links to the site to whomever likes to take a look. That`s wonderful news about your Graduation today, have a lovely time on Sunday.

Rails - How is Jesse?

Matthew woke at 1.45am, 2.30am (think he got woken up by the alarm at 2.30) then again at 6am, otherwise he`s doing very well, still trying to calm his eczema down and as you probably gathered from my last email he seems to have arms and legs everywhere LOL No stopping him now.

Take Care

Deeanne

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast