Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 3 Months - 6 Months, September '05

Ooh I'm a little tddly so scuze the typos!!!

Glad everyoneis OK. Shane and Jenna had a great day together, and when I got home I expressed and tipped it out. Damn near killed me!!! What a waste!!!!

HAd a great day though, it was nice to feel like a social human being again. The girls at my club are sooooo nice, makes a huge difference from the club I was playing at the year before.

Love to all!!

Fi

PS - Can you tell I'm a happy drunk? First time in A YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!n YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Curses to breastfeeding and babies!

Sorry Angel, posting at the same time.

Yeah Tehya's page takes a while to load on my old puter too. Hopefully it isn't too bad for all or I will have to change it again.

Sounds like Kynan is just going through a clingy stage to me. Tehya is doing the same. Moreso after Tresillian, she got so clingy in there with me. I found that if I handed her over to Mark and just stayed close to her so she could see me that helped alittle. maybe you could try that with Kynan and you DP.

Fi, sounds like you had a great time girl. Are you an "I Love You" girl when drunk? I know that I'm definately nicer and more relaxed. Good to hear that Shane and Jenna had a nice day together too. I'm sure it did them both good. What a waste pouring out the liquid gold. You should've given it to the animals

Hope that you sleep well tonight.

Deb, I had a look at Gab's pics and I love the ones of her on the bike. Very cute. Noah has one of those bikes, I must pull it out and put Tehya on it for some pics too.

Take care
    Trish

Hi everyone!

Trish - poor Tehya - hope she is feeling better soon and those tricks from Tresillan work well. I hope you get some rest soon too.

Deb - OMG at the thunder and lightening. We had our puppy in and he was beside himself. We even had a bit today. I was expecting Matty to wake up but thank goodness he didn't.

Hi Tanya - hope you get the computer fixed very soon!

Fi - LOL at your post. Glad you had a fun day/night.

Sarah - I've been MIA as well, I should be over at 6-9 months but all my buddies are here...

Shannon - great to have some visitors.

Michelle - yay on Alex rolling over. What a clever boy!

Dee - how's your little man going?

Sarah - I hope Zanders tooth appears tomorrow for the christening! Have a fun day.

Hello everyone else and hope all is well.

Matty is going well and we've had a few grizzly days and nights as well. I swear his top tooth is coming down, but he could be reacting to the changes of the past week. (me going back to work) who knows? So just plodding along atm.

*waaaaaah* it's raining Zander's Christening outfit is satin & it's going to look dodgy if it gets wet. "Rain rain go away, come again another day"!

Same here as well with Zander settling much better with me Angel. Maybe it's just a mummy thing?

It is funny how we get excited over tiny things with our bubs isn't it Shannon But yes it is very fun! Sooo are you going to be an accoutnant when it's all over? So did the little miss sleep last night? Oh and LOL at your MIL and her boyfriend.

We'll be there soooon Nell - oh in the 6-9months thread I mean! It probably is you going back to work that's making Matthew grizzly, Zander was like that the first few times.

Zander had a sleep like that last night as well. Until 1.15 when I decided maybe he was hot & thirsty so I gave him a bottle & he was ok again. He's asleep now & hopefully will be for a while

You might be able to get into a really interesting job with accounting too Shannon. My dad is theoretically an accountant but has never actually physically been one (if the makes sense :-s ). Anyway he works for the police now as a civillian - he looks after the budget for the station, rostering & if you've ever seen the movie Volcano, his job is the same as Tommy Lee Jones' was! So accounting isn't alll that boring if you find the right job.

Debbie Lee Guest

Just popping in for a sec because it took me forever to get into the site and Miss Gabby has since woken up. I have read all your posts - will hopefully get back later to reply.

Had a MUCH better night last night. No thunder and lightening so I wasn't woken up once! Needless to say, I was wide awake at 7am, LOL.

Will pop back later!!
    Hope everyone's having a fabbo weekend!

I'm never drinking again. Never ever ever. I had the worst hangover in history (well not that bad, but still very unpleasant.... ) and I remember now how horrid it is.

So - back to no drinking, and A-O-K with it! A couple of glasses with dinner or lunch is all I need now.

Jenna had her first food today - all 1t of farex. She loved it - what a surprise. Little piggy.

I shall go and nurse my head now. I need some comfort food, so I might pop off to the supermarket and get some potato chips. Bugger the diet!

No personals - head too sore...

Fi

Girls, I`ve been a bit slack last few days, I`ve been reading your posts but not replying 8-[

Bec - LOl @ Dr Hotty, I hope the iron supplements work quickly for you.

Shannon - Great to hear Jessalyn had a great result with her kidney. Sorry to hear you had such an awful night, hope tonight`s better for you.

Michelle - Yay for Alex rolling over, Matthew is more interested in sitting up then rolling, I`m sure he`s going to be an early sitter, he`s very strong and can support himself for a while before collapsing. I hope it`s nothing too serious with Alex`s kidneys

Deb - Had a look at Gabby`s photos, isn`t she just beautiful and like you I found it strange how she was all rugged up still. Yay for having a good night last night.

Sarah - You deserve Zander to just pop his teeth up without any trouble after all you`ve been through with reflux and sleepless nights, etc. Have a great day today and I hope the sun comes out for you and yes wasn`t it hot yesterday, into the 30`s here too.

Angel - Matthew gets like that too where he only wants Mummy especially with these teeth of his, just wants Mummy and to be carried and the minute I`m out of sight it`s like WW3 has hit.

Trish - The photos of Tehya are beautiful, now I did have my favourite now I can`t remember what one it was #-o Yay for Tehya`s first tooth, I hope you had a better night last night.

Nell - It more then likely is becuase of you working and Matthew`s change of routine with Daddy as to why he`s a bit grizzly, I hope he settles for you.

FI - LOL, Glad your such a happy drank.

Tanya - I missed you, I hope your computer gets up and running soon.

Matthew and I are fine, he`s still having problems with his teeth, I just hope they pop up soon.

Does anyone know if it`s okay to give Matthew a bit of water now? He`s not interested in bottles so he`s taking some little sips from my glass, he`s so funny pulls a face then grabs my glass and wants more, I do have a sippy cup for him but haven`t used it as I`m not sure if he`s old enough yet for water?

Take Care

Deeanne

Sorry Fi, posting at the same time.

LOL @ never ever ever drinking again, hope your feeling better later today

Nell, sounds like it might be a combination of things causing Matthew to be a bit grizzly. How are things going at work? Are you settling back into it okay?

Shannon, the HCC will make a big difference in $ for you. We notice the difference having one and we don't even have to worry about all the stuff you do with Jess' health problems etc. OMG @ having to pour out 3L of milk when you were in hospital! I was upset when I had to get rid of 250ml of frozen EBM after we had a power outage LOL. Hope you have fun at the BBQ today!

Sarah, I hope the rain cleared up for you! Can't wait to hear how Zander's christening goes.

Deb, glad to hear last night was better for you!

Fi, sounds like you had a good time though (apart from the hangover LOL). Hope you're feeling better soon.

Deeanne, not sure about the water sorry. Have been wondering myself when the right time to introduce water is. Sounds like Matthew's definitely interested in it though.

Does anyone else get worried when bub doesn't wake up on time? LOL Kynan was due for a feed at 1:30pm and I have to keep going in and checking that he's okay LOL.

Hi ladies,

Dee - maybe water is okay, after all breast milk is mainly water itself? Did I say here before? Matty loves his water too. Hope his teeth pop up soon.

Angel - they'll sleep forever when you don't expect them too!

Sarah - hope today went well and it didn't rain on you. I am a civilian with the police too and I must agree - it is very intereting!

Fi - sorry to hear about your hangoever, at least it's cured your for now.

Deb - in and out quick as a falsh - hope you had a good day.

Shannon - did it rain down your way? Hope everything went well.

Now about me lol. What an interesting 24 hours we've had. Matty went down at 8.00pm, woke at 11.30pm for a feed the woke at 4.30pm screaming the house down in pain poor little man. We got him settled again by 6.30am (yawn) and he woke for the day at 7.30! Then we discovered that our cat has been in a fight AGAIN and a trip to the vets at 10am. $112 later... we've decided that he is never going outside again and if he does, it'll be in a cat run we may build. ARRGGHH.

Matty has since done a nice poo, it was the biggest I've ever seen so he must have had sore belly this morning poor bubs.

Okay - Pete is loving staying at home and work is okay for me. I am so relaxed about it all, the stresses of it haven't kicked it yet. SO, all going okay for now, thanks for asking!

My Dr said that you can give bubs cooled boiled water virtually from birth. Because it's so hot here now Zander has been having a little bit of water in between his bottles.

I am soo the same Angel when Zander doesn't wake up when I expect him to!

Awww thanks Dee, his teeth are poking out a bit more this afternoon after he was munching on a rusk, but still no problems *knock on wood*

LOL at never ever drinking again Fi - now how many times have you said that?!

Yay on a better night for you last night Deb.

The rain cleared & we had an absolutely beautiful day here \/ It was a bit windy at the church but all was good. Zander looked gorgeous in his outfit & after meeting the minister on Thursday (& falling in love with him!) he was really good. He got a bit grizzly at the beginning cos he was tired, but after about 10mins he got a second wind I think. It was so cute, Zander decided he wanted the water! He put his hand in it & the minister was happy for him to have a little splash & when he put it on Zander's head he laughed! Afterwards went well & he did pretty well with presents. I'm still very disappointed with BIL cos he didn't show - he knew well in advance but didn't bother to get the day off work saying he'd come round afterwards at 2.30 - it's 6.30 now & we still haven't seen him [-(

Photos of today are up on the website too - they are in a section of their own right at the bottom.

Nell - Oh poor little Matty and his sore tummy and oh no @ your cat being in a fight, it gets costly I gather you had to go in after hours too being a Sunday.

Sarah - Your day sounds wonderful and I love all the photos, you sure look like a very proud Mummy. Sorry to hear that BIL hasn`t turned up.

Angel - yes I get worried here as well and I also get worried when I hear Matthew wake up crying then he suddenly stops, it happened today - I went into him and he`s staring into space so I left him he then went back to sleep.

Take care

Deeanne

Sarah, the pics from today look great. Zander looks very cute in his little outfit. Yay on good pressies too. I take your BIL didn't end up showing at all? Just think of it as his loss, but I do know how you feel.

Dee, yep water is fine. If he like to drink out of your cup so be it. As long as it's boiled water - not bottled. Tehya still doesn't like a bottle and only chews on her sippy cup, I gave her some water on spoon the other day and she seemed to like that. LOL @ you forgetting what pic was your favourite.

Nell, poor Matty and his sore belly. Hopefully that's all it was and he is feeling much better now. One day I'll join you in that 6 month thread too

Angel, I wish I had enough sleep to worry about her not waking up But yes I've done the same thing before with the boys. It's a real pain too, finally being able to get some decent sleep only to not be able too.

Fi, I hope you head is feeling much better now. Hangovers are always worse when there are kids around. YAY on Jenna trying and liking some Farex too.

Deb, good to hear that you had a better nights sleep. Isn't it a pain when you only have a small window of time and you can't get on here. I have that all of the time lately with my puter crashing on me.

Shannon, it sounds like Tehya and Jess have been talking to each other lately. We had another shocker last night too. Come on babies Mummy's need lots of sleep too. Yep, the outfit is Babyplum. I love their stuff, she had a little nightie by them too. I got that outfit really cheap too on sale. Love a bargain.

As I said, Tehya had another shocker. She goes down to bed around 6.30pm now and I am supposed to wake her around 10pm for a "quiet feed" basically just pick her up, give her boob, and straight back to bed. Lastnight she woke before we even got there and again tonight. I ended up feeding her early lastnight but she still up half of the night anyway, so tonight I'm going to leave it til she wakes. She's going to do it either way I figure.

Found another house we're really intereseted in. I am going to call the local schools tomorrow and see if they have buses and if we are in the area to go to the one I want. Hopefully we will be signing the contract tomorrow afternoon.

Better go and get myself to bed before it all starts up again.

Take care
    Trish

Morning all

Nope BIL didn't show at all Trish, but I really wasn't expecting him to anyway. Yuck at the wake ups all night, hopefully Tehya will figure it all out very very soon. Yay on another house to look at, hopefully this one is much better than the last.

After saying at 6.30 last night that Zander's teeth weren't giving him any problems they started to #-o He was very upset around 7.30ish so he had some bonjela, panadol & a bottle but finally calmed down at about 10.00.

Sarah - your shots are great. Looks like a wonderful day! I presume Zander was far more interested in the wrapping paper than the actual contents?? Jenna now sucks on paper whenever she can reach it. He's looking lieka big beautiful boy

Trish - I think the hangover (with the dregs still hanging around today....) would have been bad no matter about the children. And this time I really meant it. I just dont need to get plastered anymore. SOOOOO unneccesary. Yuck on the waking up Teyha. If I wake Jenna she gets SOO cranky. Hopefully the house all works out well.

Nell - Sounds like you had a rough night too. And the poo - delightful! Jenna went for 3 days without one, and finally broke the dam wall yesterday morning. She was much happier afterwards!

Angel - Double yep on the waking up thing. When she's overdue for a feed and waking up, I always sneak in and check on her too.

Dee - no problems with the water. As long as its cool boiled water, should be fine. Jenna sometimes drinks it, but is interested in anything we are drinking too. And eating. How cute on the sitting up!

OK - back to bed. I'm having a lazy one as its horrible here. I was up early organising my tickets to go home to NZ next week. We are all off together for a couple of weeks, so we have to organise the house-sitters, packing, bills, etc etc etc. Thanks to mum though, as she is yet again using reward points for the flights. 146,000 points to cover the airfares and all the taxes for the three of us. It would tke me a lifetime to save up that many! Lucky for a business credit card huh?
    Jenna jetsetter strikes again!

Fi

Hi all

Well Erykah is not sleeping in the night aswell as she used to. She does have a cold however which doesn't seem to bother her but could be the cause. Also it has gone really cold again so I think perhaps she was a little cold so warmed her up and gave her a cuddle around midnight.

She woke again at midnight for a feed and then was awake again at 1am. She fed and then slept until 5:15am and then awake 1 hour in her cot while I was in bed. Then fed at 6am. She woke at 9:45am didn't want a feed. Not suprised too many during the night. Had a little snack and then an hour later was ready for bed.

She settles well on her own in the cot. She is fast asleep. Seems to sleep more during the day wonder if she has her days and nights mixed up again????

Oh I don't know I don't think I will ever figure it out. I don't feel tired as I did get some sleep. Would love another few nights of 7 hr sleeps though.

Oh well like you all have said I have jumped a huge hurdle by getting her to settle herself in the cot with no crying.

Best go do some housework while she sleeps

Hope all have a good day. We are staying in as the weather is shocking here today.

Jo

Matthew had his MCHN checkup today and he`s had a massive growth spurt, it must have been from 1.5 weeks ago when I mentioned he`s hungry all the time and my milk was gushing everywhere, he`s now 8.5 kg, and length 68cms.

Had a different MCHN today and I didn`t like her, she made me feel stupid, when she asked how often Matthew feeds, I said every 2 - 3 hrs, she mentioned "what he doesn`t go every 4 hrs" - I mean to say I`ve been doing this since day one and she`s the first one to say I should be feeding him every 4 hrs, I`d have a screaming baby there is no way he`d last 4 hrs, I`ve never done it yet and I`m not starting now [-(

And I should never have brought up the idea of water to her, the reply I got was 'Of course he`s interested in your water, he`s interested in everything around him, he doesn`t need it becuase your bfing, even at 12 months he doesn`t need water"

So needless to say I came out of there quite upset that all of a sudden I don`t know my baby and I`m doing things wrong.

Sorry girls this is all about me, just annoyed at the MCHN, but I`m so happy that Matthew`s doing so well. I`ll be back later when I`ve calmed down to do personals, just felt like I needed to get that out of my system, thanks for listening

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast