Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 3 Months - 6 Months, September '05

Debbie Lee Guest

Ooooeeer! Punching bag... better go check it out!!
    LOL @ your Doc Martens being so well travelled. It goes to show they are a good quality shoe for lasting that long, Fi. Yay for Shane getting 100%!

Jo - thanks for the tip about the gro bags. Good to hear that Erykah is getting some good sleeping habits happening.

MG today. We are going out for lunch at the same cafe' that our ANC went to (Winter's Cafe'). So it should be good. We are due there at 11am. Gabby only just went down to sleep (after about 10 dummy spits and 2 rounds of the buzzy-bee mobile :roll. If she sleeps for her usual 2 hours, we will be late once again!

Bloody thunderstorms last night! At 1am I went out to check on the dog only to catch her jumping the fence (something she only does when she is terrified) and ran down the street. I jumped in the car (as Neil was more annoyed about being woken up than worried about the dog :roll but I couldn't see her anywhere. I could literally see the lightening getting closer and closer to our house and the thunder was soooo loud. I gave up and went home and back to bed. Thankfully Gabby slept through it all. I was so stressed about the dog being out there all on her own, absolutely terrified. I left the gate open for her in case she found her way home but she wasn't here when Neil got up. I kept having visions of her running up the highway and getting squished by a car. Gab woke at 6am so I was up early. After I fed her, I thought I might just go to the end of the driveway and see if Lucy was anywhere to be seen. Low and behold, she was at the back door!! LOL She was totally hypo and very happy to see me. The poor thing must have been running around the streets all night. What a good girl to come home! She got a big bowl of kibbles and is now snoozing in her kennel. The poor chook! At least I didn't have to ring the vet and the pound and then door-knock the neighbour's. It's good to know she will come home too.
    More thunderstorms are forecast today so I have to figure out a way to stop her from getting up on the deck so she can't jump the fence again.

I know bloody thunder woke Erykah at 3am this morning. Frightened me half to death so god knows what she thought. Had to feed her and she went straight back to sleep.

Was gonna walk to the chiro but daren't as they are forecasting huge hail and knowing my luck I will be half way there or home when it hits

Off to clean the house.

Erykah has a slight cold but it doesn't seem to bother her. Will use baby balsam when she goes to bed.

Oh hear comes the rain and hail!!!!!!

Jo

Just a quick post will come back later when i am a bit happier.
    Had Alex's kidney ultrasound yesterday and it was not good news. His kidneys have got bigger which means some of his urine is back washing into his kidneys. Not sure how much bigger they have got as we did not get all of the results we are waiting for them to call today or next week to let us know.
    We only got to talk to a junior Dr so she did not know much about it at all. Have to wait now until 6th October to talk to a paediatrician to see what happens next. The Dr said yesterday Alex will have another ultrasound in 3months also she said it could heal ok on it's own if not they don't like to do anything until they are 4years old. Alex is now back on antibitics so he does not get a bladder infection.
    I have so many questions to ask but have to wait to find out.

Girls I stilll haven't seen snow, even my big boys have seen it. Oh well, give me sunshine anyday.

Deb, good to hear that Lucy came back home, poor girl she must've been scared stiff. Thunderstorms hey, maybe I shouldn't tell you that we have a nice sunny day here with it expected to get up to 27 degrees today

Fi, sounds like your Dr Martins would have a few tales to tell if they could talk. Must go and check out that punching bag too.

Michelle, sorry to hear about Alex's scan. What a pain in the butt that you can't see the Dr til Oct. Maybe you could call him and see if you can chat with him over the phone if you can't see him til then. Also it might be a good idea to write down your questions, by the time you get to see him you'll probably forgotten half of them.

Jo, YAY at Erykah is going down awake now. We had to go to Tresilllian to learn that for Tehya. I must say though, it sure does make life that bit easier.

Dee, it sure sounds like Matthew is teething, my boys used to get a rash on there cheeks when they were. Hopefully they appear soon for him without too much more bother.

Nat, sounds like guys had a great weekend. A big congrats to you too sweety

Tehya is drooling like mad and chewing on anything that comes close to her mouth. I can see these 2 cute little teeth so close to coming out. I wish it would just hppen for her and be over with. Oh yeah, Tehya sat up by herself for the first time on Tuesday while we were in baby jail. We went to their music and movement group and she was sitting there playing with some bells all by herself. Very proud mummy here.

They asked me to get her dressed and take her to the group as they had a photographer there who needed some bubs for their shots. The pics are to be used for the St George foundation report to gain more funding and for their calendar. I did ask the guy who was doing it if I would be able to see them and he was going to email me some of the pics. Hopefully he remembers.

Take care
    trish

I still find it hard for the fascination of snow. That's been a POM for you. Too used to the stuff. It was a nightmare to live with. Looks beautiful when it falls. Great on a dark night when you were wrapped up inside looking out into a cold night. But hell on earth to walk to work in and when it started to melt down right dangerous.

The amount of people falling over in the city where I lived and broken bones caused each winter was huge.

Though I would love to visit the ski resorts here not yet persuaded my DH who has no interest in skiing.

Anyway best go as Erykah is waking from her sleep

Jo

Hi all,
    Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine.
    Fi: Well done on the umpies exam, I'm sure you have done really well. Go the shopping. Hope Jenna has recovered from Eliza pulling her face off...sorry again.
    Deb: Guee you had a rough night, poor puppy out all alone...at least he is smart enough to come come for some tucker.
    Michelle: You poor thing waiting is always hard, maybe you can start to do some research and make a long list of questions.
    Trish: Glad you surived "baby boot camp" Yeah on sitting up Tehya is sooo clever.
    Shannonid you get your assignment finished? Yeah on getting out, hope you had a great time.
    Joh:Erykah souunds like she is sleeping more, hope it continues...I'm with you on the snow..its hard and its wet yuk.
    Nat:Hope you had a great time away.congrats
    Dee: Poor Matthew, teething painful for bubs and mums.
    I have been to see my GP also known as "hotty"..lol
    Apparently I have no iron stored in my body and that is why I feel so shocking, he puts it down to the c-sect. So now all I have to take is vitamins.Eliza came down with a rash, I took her along to meet Dr Hotty, I think she was also impressed..lol wish he tickled me
    Well better go and clean my house, nothing better to get the thought of hotty out my head like cleaning the loo.
    Bec

Has anyone heard from Juliette?!

Hi girls... well it's great to see that you all missed me!! J/K I haven't been all week cause my comp is busted... I am in a internet cafe in shepparton now... took em swimming this morning and have been hanging aroung in town for a while.

Not sure when I will be back... hopefully sooner rather than later, I don't think my comp will be fixed till next week.

I hope you are all doing well... Violet is great!! No complaining here... getting her needles thursday next week...ugh!!

Better go and catch up on the goss

Tanya

Shannon, how's that assignment going? Hope Jessalyn's had a better day today!

Zola, yay for Bas saying mum!

Trish, glad to hear Tresillian helped a bit. Kynan's similar - he's pretty good at self settling now but resettling's another matter LOL. Ohhh Tehya's little teeth sound so cute. Hope they're not giving her too much trouble.

Nat, hope you're all feeling better soon!

Deeanne, awww great piccies on Matthew's site! That 'grown with mummy's milk' is a cute shirt!

Fi, sounds like you would have done well on your umpire's test!

Jo, yay for Erykah sleeping better! Makes things so much easier doesn't it.

Deb, hope Gab didn't make you late again LOL. Aww poor Lucy being out in the thunderstorm all night. What a relief that she came home though!

Michelle, *hugs* Let us know how things go with Alex. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Bec, LOL @ Dr Hotty. Hope you're feeling a bit better now that you're taking those vitamins.

Tanya, bummer about your computer. Good to hear things are well otherwise though.

Nothing much happening over here LOL. Gotta make an appt for Kynan to have his 4 month immunisations in a couple of weeks. I'm so not looking forward to it. The needles made him cry & bleed last time

Hi again,

Bec - LMAO on the hotty dr. I see a female dr, and while she is lovely, I dont think she's my sort! Glad eliza enjoyed it though. And jenna is fine. I'm sure it didn't hurt as much as when she rolled onto the tiles today and banged her head. Well we keep telling her - she doesn't listen. If she's going to be so mobile, she is going to get some bumps!

Angel - Oh no on the needles. Yuck, I hate them. I had a bottle of EBM ready for Jenna after both lots, and that worked an absolute treat. Only thing I suggest is wearing a disposable that day as I find the cloths come down further on the legs. More likely to rub the needle spot.

Tanya - I think I saw your bike trailer today. OMG Its awesome!!!! I am in lvoe with the idea, even if it means more work for me....... I want another baby so I can have 2 in there. Bummer about the 'puter problems. Hope all is better. When does Violet start swimming?

Trish - Yay on the teethies. Jenna is getting close too, she is just at the age now where everything is fun! And how cool that she sat up by herself. Every time I read baby jail I PMSL. I guess it was worth it though?

Michelle - how terrible about Alex' kidneys. Seems a bit rough to wait another month.

Better cruise - dirty dancing is on. Isn't that the greatest movie??? And ghost on the other channel, as well as Geelong v sydney and the ashes! When did Friday night telly get so damn good?

Fi

Got a call from the hospital yesterday we do need to keep our appt next month and talk to the Dr he is away on holidays until next month that's why the long wait. They did want to cancel Alex's appt Thursday but they got us in on the ward as it needed to be checked. I got his kidneys sizes from both scans June scan left kidney 5.0 right kidney 5.2 Thursdays scan left kidney 6.0 right kidney 5.9. Not sure how much a babies kidney grows anyway.

Fi - Did you enjoy your film ? I have not seen that in ages.

Angel - I hate it when they have their immunisations Alex is having his on Monday.

Trish - Well done Tehya sitting up on her own last week and getting two teeth.

How is everyone else doing ??

One good thing happened yesterday Alex rolled from his tummy to his back but i missed it as Kimberley wanted me to pass her drink to her. All i heard was this load sound and it was Alex on his back.

Michelle, good to hear that you atleast got some news. Shame it wasn't all good for you though. Yay on Alex rolling over, pity you didn't get to see it but I'm sure he'll do it a heap more times for you.

Shannon, fantstic news about Jess's liver. Buggar about forgettting to post your assignment in, especially after busting your butt to get it finished.

Fi, I love Dirty Dancing. We have it on DVD here, a few weeks back Noah decided that he loved it too and kept on replaying the damn thing. Fingers crossed that Jenna's teeth don't give her too much bother either. Nasty things they are.

Angel, I'm sure Kynan will be a brave boy for his needles. Thanks for reminding me, I need to book Tehya in for hers too.

Tanya, sorry didn't know you'd been MIA or I would've surely missed you Hope your puter gets fixed real soon for you.

Bec, LOL @ your Dr Hotty. So do you fake illness just to go for a perve?

I don't know if I wrote that Tehya had gotten 2 teeth or rather that she was cutting 2 teeth. LOL. Anyway she is cutting 2 atm and I found her 1st one yesterday So, a big week for my little girl, sitting up, getting a tooth and turning 6 months.

Had a night from hell last night. We were up about 10 times and that was only by 3.30am In the end I picked her up, gave her some boob and cuddled her. Stuff Tresillian, they aren't coping with no sleep at my house Still we are trying to get her to sleep by herself atm, she's screaming the house down. Had a big fight with Mark in the wee hours. Told him it was time he started to be a father to the baby overnight too and help out 8-[ Sleep deprivation really is a killer.

Hope all Mums and Bubs have a great day. The sun is shining ahd it is really warming up here. Supposed to be 27 degrees again.

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Trish - yay for Tehya's 2 teeth! Bummer to hear she woke up so much last night. I guess it's a bit hard to put the "theory" from Tresillian to work when she is in pain from teething? As I have heard, even babies that are fantastic sleepers wake up at night when they are teething. LOL @ Noah going through a Dirty Dancing phase. My neice went through a stage where all she wanted to watch was Jim Carey movies. Kids can be so odd!!

Shannon - sounds like Jessalyn's liver is doing what it's told. Yay! I hope the Zotan helps with the reflux. I can't even imagine how hard it must be to deal with.

Michelle - yay for Alex's roll! It's a pity you missed it tho! Always the way ](*,)

Fi - I agree with Dirty Dancing being the greatest movie. I have it on video and made Neil watch it not so long ago. Pity about Geelong losing, hey? Ah well... next year!

Angel - needles suck, hey? I can't believe that Gabby is coming up for her next lot of them soon. I don't wanna go!!!!

Tanya - ick... needles for you guys too! I hope you get your puter back soon! That's gotta suck not having it.

Bec - I see you have changed your nick? I laughed at the "hotty dr" too. Hope the iron supplements start to kick in and make you feel better.

I had a crap night last night. Gabby and I went with Neil to the pub and had a counter meal. We watched the first half of the Geelong V Sydney game. Gabby was such a good girl. She had a nap and everything. We left when she started getting grumpy. I told Neil he could stay but he had to be home by midnight ("Will I turn into a pumkin?" he said :roll: ). He got home on time (what a good boy!) but, for some reason, Gabby kept waking up and crying for her dummy. I hate giving her a dummy at night because she wakes up when it falls out. So I was up and down to her and then the thunder and lightening started up again!! This time worse than the previous night. I checked on the dog. She was ok - I set up a barricade so she couldn't escape. Gab woke up a few more times because it was so loud. Neil slept through it all but, an hour later, decided to let the dog inside! :roll: I told him the storm had been going for an hour already. By 4am, the dog wanted out so I had to get up (again!!). Thankfully Gabby slept until 8am but I was bloody over it! There better not be any more storms tonight.

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh, and BTW... took some cute photos of Gabby on my BIL's mini-motorbike. She was laughing her head off! They are on her site under "Gabby's Sixth Month".

Deb, I'm trying to have alook at Gab's pics but can't get in there. Probably just my puter though.

Buggar that you had a shooker last night too. I think we all seem to be getting them atm. Silly babies should know how to sleep properly by now. Well, you'd think so anyway

I've updated Tehya's page too. Pics are in the 5th and 6th month album.

Take care
    Trish

Sooo slack over here - but I do have a good excuse, Zander is having his Christening tomorrow so I have been flat out organising + working + you know the usual looking after baby stuff! I'll catch up as far as I can.

I think your storms have headed on up this way Deb, we've had heaps of rain & a bit of thunder this afternoon but nothing as bad as what you've had.

LOL at Noah with Dirty Dancing Trish, my brother went through a Top Gn phase when he was about 4. Eek at the shocker you had last night, hopefully tonight will be better. Yay on having a go at Mark, he should be helping too. Not sure about your way, but on the way home from work at 12.30 today it was 32deg in Liverpool (I drive past a temp sign).

Bgga about your assignment being late Shannon, what are you sttudying anyway? Yaaaaay on the great result with Jessalyn's liver, what a relief.

Aww Michelle, sorry to hear about Alex's kidneys. Hopefully they can work something out to fix them up soon. Yay on the rolling as well, I'm sur eyou'll see it soon.

Soooo Fi, who won the football

Yucko at the needles Angel, Zander has his on the 20th & I don't wanna!

I missed you Tanya, but I haven't been posting either 8-[

LOL at "hotty" Bec. I hope the vitamins help.

Zander is on a mission to get some teeth out as well at the moment I muck around with him saying "show me your teeth" all the time then this afternoon, there are tooth white-ish things there. So I stuck my finger in his mouth, as you do, and I can feel the sharpness in there. How cool is that?! He hasn't been fussy or anything so I hope they're all this easy.

Michelle, yay for Alex rolling! Kynan's been having little attempts but he's nowhere near close yet LOL.

Shannon, that's fantastic that Jessalyn's liver is back to a normal size now. How is the Zotan going?

Trish, aww yay for Tehya's 1st tooth popping through! Eeeks @ the night you had though! Hope you have a better night tonight. Just in the process of having a squizz @ Tehya's site (loading is slow on my old computer though LOL).

Deb, bummer about the thunder waking up Gabby. We've had storms all day down here too & our power's been out for most of the day. Very cute pics of Gab on the moterbike!!

Sarah, woohoo for Zander's teeth! That's awesome that they don't seem to be bothering him!

Not sure what's been going on with Kynan the last few days. He seems to cry a lot when DH holds him but he calms down pretty quickly if I take him. Do you think he could just be going through a clingy phase? DH gets a bit upset that he can't settle Kynan.

Sarah, sounds like Zanders teeth are really close. Fingers crossed that they don't give him any bother. I hope Zanders day goes well tomorrow and that the sun stays shining. Rain has been forcast so hopefully it stays away til the late afternoon for you.

I'm sure it got hotter than 27 degrees out here, it was a stinker. Tehya is finally starting to get to wear some of her summer stuff. She had a cute little baby doll top on and a demin skirt. Her fat little thighs looked so cute in it. Now why don't mine look so cute if I wear a short skirt #-o

No storms here yet but it is alittle windy.

Take care
    Trish

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast