Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 6 to 12 Months, November '04

Well, after a whole week being offline, I am back!!!
    I'm surprised at how slow this thread has been in all that time though!!!

Welcome Katanya!!!! and a belated Happy 6 months to Felix!!!
    It sounds like he is doing really well!
    Aidyn has a similar reaction to solids at first as well. I think it is maybe just because plain rice cereal is so bland... when I let him try the Farex banana & pear stuff though it was a different story, LOL!

I made blended him up a mix of banana, mango and formula yesterday, and he LOVED it! So now I have frozen two ice cube trays full of it!

Bummer about missing the circus KAthryn!! That would reeally p*ss me off!! Lucky you can still go to see it next week though!

Oh Mel, you poor thing, I hope things settle down and you can get some more sleep soon!!

Ok, and as for us... we are finally all moved in and unpacked, and everything is great!! We had a few minor disasters on settlement day (the previous owners left the place in a shocking mess!) But everything is sorted now and it just feels fantastic to finally live in a house!!!! Me and Jackson are pretty relaxed... it almost feels like we have gone on holidays!! LOL
    Aidyn woke up and cried every hour for the first night, but since then he has been great and settled in really well.

Hope I havent missed anyone/anything??

Will write more later.... trying to catch up in all the other threads too!

mama mel Guest

Wow Ambah, you've done a great job to be unpacked and settled already, that's amazing! Glad it's all done and you're happy!

Ok, well I was right about Adara not getting enough from my BM - I went to the MCHN yesterday and I had figured that she wouldn't have put on as much as she should've but she's actually lost 200 grams! She's now only 6.6kgs and gone from around the 45% mark to the 10%!!! That certainly explains the night feeds and loving solids all of sudden. She told me I need to give her 3 meals a day filled with as much carbs, dairy, iron and fat as I can, plus mix it all with formula and give atleast one bottle of formula a day. Yeah right... This morning she wouldn't eat her cereal which she normally loves b/c I made it with formula.

I'm freaking out about it. I've got an appt with her next week and if she hasn't gained I'm thinking I'll take her to a paed to see if they can help at all. I feel so guilty. I always said that I wanted to BF until she was 12mths but if I didn't have to share my BBs with anyone except DH for awhile I wouldn't complain! Formula would obviously be a lot better for now, just have no idea how to get her to take it.

Anyway, hope everyone else is well. Take care!

Mel

Well Lachlan had his first taste of weetbix today (I think they recommend 9mths old) anyway i broke it up really fine and added cows milk to make it all sloppy and he loved it. He ate one whole weetbix !!!

Love

WOW @ Lachlan eating one whole weetbix!!!
    Cant wait to get Aidyn started on those! I wonder if he will remember the taste, seeing as I ate 4 every morning whilst I was PG with him!!

Goodluck with getting Adara to drink the formula etc, Mel. I hope things have improved next week at the check up.
    Please dont feel guilty about it though!! Its not your fault at all!
    Btw, have I mentioned before that I absolutely LOVE the name Adara!!! (sooo pretty!!! )

The past few nights Aidyn has been waking up every hour or so, whimpering, and rolling onto his belly. He wont roll back cause he is too tired so gets stuck there and calls for me to come and roll him back! I think he is waking because of the pain from his top two teeth coming through. His gums are awfully swollen, and he screams if we touch them
    I hope it doesnt take too long for these ones to break through, its not nice seeing him so cranky!!
    Was very impressed with his efforts tonight, I saw him up on his hands and knees!!!! Hopefully he wont be crawling for a while yet though... I dont know if I'm ready for that! 8-[

Well, we had an ABSOLUTE SHOCKER lastnight.
    Aidyn is normally in bed for the night by about 7 pm. It took me until 9pm to get him to sleep. Then he woke up half an hour later, and proceeded to cry and scream in pain until past midnight. Poor, poor boy, his teeth were giving him absolute hell, I felt so helpless!! I was also NOT impressed with DP who passed out at 8.30 and refused to get up and help me. It is quite a hard thing to hold a 10.5kg baby in your arms for 4 hours.
    I found that alternating between sticking his dummy, and bottles of water in the freezer that he could chew on, were the only things that helped him. In the end I let him cry it out in his cot, but after 15mins of straight intense screaming I couldnt handle it so I picked him up, and thankfully he zonked out in my arms straight away. He had totally exhausted himself!!
    I expected him to keep waking through the rest of the night, but he must have been buggered cause he slept in until 6. Thankfully DP did the morning shift with Aidyn, so I got to sleep in until 8.30 (the latest time EVER!! \/ )
    Poor little boy has looked terrible all day with a puffy face, and sooo tired. He has had 2x two hour naps and 2x one hour naps. Not bad. Thankfully be went to bed on time and without any grizzling tonight. I so [-o< that the worst is over!!

BTW.... where on earth is everyone?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I am here. Lachlan not doing much, just rolly pollying around lmao. at Aiydn having a bad night it is hard when they have such a rough time with teeth, just as well they can't remember it pity we do though.

Lachlan is still doing his "i will get up at 5.30am" trick bloody bugger. I am having to goto bed at 8pm just lately to compensate for my sleep, going to be interesting tonight cause we are having a hard time getting Kam into bed just lately hopefully it will be a bit better tomorrow when the temperature drops back to the mid 20's.

Love

Hey girls!!! Just poking my head in and saying I'll be here in a few weeks!!! YAY!!!! I can't wait!!! I'm getting better btw... and I'll be around more I promise!!

BTW...Ambah how about I visit you Friday??

Yay Christy!! Not long to go now is it?!!!
    I can't believe Aidyn is going to be 7 months on Thursday either!!!

I would love for you to come over on Friday!!! Maybe we can go for a little bit of a walk around my area too, if you want to??

I am going to venture out today and walk to Indooroopilly shopping centre... I figure it will take about 45mins. The annoying thing is that my area is very hilly. Oh well... good excercise I suppose!

LOL at not beliveing Aidyn is going to be turning 7mths.

Lachlan will be 8 mths on Sunday *wah* !!!!!!!

Love

hmmm...just noticed... I think Matilda's ticker's not working...better check that out sometime...

working okay for me

Love

katanya Guest

what is going on round here..I miss a few days and there's a new look and no 6-12 section...what the?

I am confused to what Kelly wants us to do with the replying to the december 6-12 forum, because you can't reply to it..so where do we send it??
    Kathryn Help??

Well we've had a busy week, last week went to get Felix weighed and he has lost 100 grams, I am working hard on not worrying. He started solids 2 weeks prior and apparently that can affect things with a breastfed baby.
    The thing is he's a bouncing baby, wees the right amount etc..growing upwards but not out ways! He is now only 120 grams heavier at 6.5 months than he was at 4 months (7040 grams then and 7160 now) that's not much for 2.5 months..anyhow if things don't improve by next weigh in then we'll be refered to a paediatrician, I want a breastfeeding friendly one though. Anyhow fingers crossed we won't need it!

Apparet from that we've been busy with the silly season, chrismas parties and the such..it's all good though..the weather is ridiculously hot up here and it not even summer till tommorrow!!! I ahve set up shade up in the garden with shells for play pools for Felix and I to keep cool..something tells me it's going to be a hot summer!

Katanya you can't post in the Dec thread yet cause it isn't Dec LMAO. So post the info etc there next time you are on and I will get it added then it just carries on like general chatter as per normal.

Love

katanya Guest

Mel I just was reading the postes again and realised you just posted about Adara having excatly the same issues as Felix..did they tell you that breastfed baby's can lose weight due to them consuming too much solids at this time..how weird that we are experiencing the same thing..I don't feel so alone anymore.

However it would take ALOT for me (and Felix) to give up the boobie and even with these issues I am sure he is getting enough (there are milk curds in his poo) he isn't really into solids that much anyhow..
    If you are not sure about giving up breastfeeding don't do it, I also have the night waking, but Felix doesn't seem that excited about solids. The advice you have received isn't what I was told at all and it is all very well for them to suggest giving a baby who is BF'd a bottle of formula (Fleix won't even take expressed BM from a bottle!)

The thing is this could just be their natural size, Felix gained SO much weight in the first 2 months he went from the lower percentile to the highest in a few weeks..so all this little gaining they said could be a reaction that. Has it been suggested to you to try to increase the amounts you feed? (I mean offer the boob more often) I found this helped right before he started solids, then it put us in reverse. In fact I was advised that starting solids earlier can make a BF'd babies weight worse (if ther are issues) which is exactly what happened!

Anyhow, if you are okay with the formula supplimenting then do it but if you aren't then perhaps try seeking alternative advice (like I intent to)

Lets just hope these skinny butts of ours gain some weight!

katanya Guest

oh.. #-o
    I guess that will be fairly easy then..hah! Thanks Kathryn!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345