Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 6 Months - 9 Months, July '05

Hello Dachlostar, it's just us in here at seems today :smt039

Wolf had a fever yesterday. I gave him some baby paracetamol and he was better after that but he still woke every hour at night (so I'm right there with you, Dachlostar, yaaaaaaawn)

He was fine in the morning but he's cranky again now... will have to take his temperature again in a bit.

DH had this guy contact him yesterday, asking if he could start a job next week ... hello? that's like 2 days notice! (and we are talking about a different country here). DH is interested and will talk to him today and tomorrow, so maybe from next week on I will not only be a SAHM but a Single-SAHM it seems with a husband in London.
    DH says he will take our scooter across (we bought it back in 2001 in London) and won't take the tube. I can't believe there was another (attempted) terrorist attack in London and then one this a.m. in Egypt. It's like the world has gone crazy!

I hope this is not too personal a question, Dachlostar, but I hope you haven't been harrassed with the recent wave of anti-muslimism (is that a word?) around the westernized world.

Snowy

colleen - sounds like your target store was like the kmart i went to - i was lucky at target as they processed us really quickly - now i just have to remember where all my laybys are & what i've actually bought! hope jaykob hasn't had any bumps to his head

beth - hope kaleb has decided it is good to sleep during the day again

bon - how is everyone & their colds - poor little ones - lol at the blue medicine

mel - not sure if you are back from the snow but no doubt you had a great time & hopefully jules was good while you were away

snowy - now i get it! i thought it was you that was from o/s cause of you visiting family etc - you sound a bit nomadic like me - every 5 years i've made a big move 1990 back to sydney from qld 1995 to london 2000 to california 2005??? not sure where ill go next lol - how did DP go with the job in london? did he definately get it?

dash - had yasin decided to sleep at night again? eliana had a shocking night on saturday but sleep right through last night - i'm loving the self settling

we went to my niece liberty's 3rd birthday party yesterday - it was princess & pirates so eliana had fun - she had a puppet lady that was brilliant as well as face painting - i was suprised that eliana would sit still for it - she also got to try party food & wouldn't stop eating!! i finally got around to adding some photos to her website gallery cause i had been so slack but they are only the ones i take on the 11th of each month

well im going on & on & my princess has just woken up
    hope you day is going well

Hi everyone, Yasin turned 9 months testerday so I geuss its time to move up to the next group I'm a bit saddened by how fast he's growing out of the baby stage. He often looks more like a little boy than a baby now. In a few years I'm going to be one of those tragic mums standing outside the school on the first day bawling my eyes out.
    He's started getting very wary of anyone other than me and DH in the last couple of weeks. Of course MIL is carrying on like its the end of the world and a major personality flaw caused by our parenting rather than a perfectly normal developmental stage. Funnily enough he still loves DH's Bangladeshi aunt (he's always been quiet and happy when he's with her) which drives MIL nuts because she tries to grab Yasin and he screams and then Rahat picks him up and he's really placid.

Melbee, It sounds like you both enjoyed the party. I'm a bit scared of giving Yasin party food. Sugar and food colouring seems to make some children a bit crazy. I'm going to make him a chocolate cup-cake for his first birthday cake which will be his first hit of sugar.

Snowy, I hope Wolf has let you have some sleep because I'm sure you need it right now. I haven't personally been harrassed for ages now but a couple of my friends have had some nasty moments. 60 minutes had a really dodgy episode on Sunday where they recited a bunch of stereotypes and interviewed a few loonies. Everytime the media does this the Islamic community has to deal with idiots who believe what they see on TV #-o
    I'm not suprised that your DH isn't catching the tube. There is no way that I would let BJ on it either. He looks really Middle Eastern so I would be scared of the police shooting him as well as terrorist attacks. Since they bombed Edgeware Rd I'm assuming that one of thier targets was western Muslims. ](*,) aaggghh its all so stupid and goes totally against the teachings of Islam. I could go on for ages about stupid media, stupid terrorists and stupid western foriegn policy but :-#
    Has your DH decided to accept the job?

Hello girls,

just a quick one from me today.

Mel - wow, sounds like you've done quite some moving too! I do enjoy it though, do you? I like exploring new places... I guess I will get over it one day... I bet our kids will be totally home bound and never leave Sydney and hate us for uprooting their lives all the time...
    Wow, puppet lady, face painting... is that what you have to offer nowadays at a 3year old's birthday party? It sounds like great fun though.

Daschlostar, unfortunately another crap nigth for us. Wolf woke at 1, at 2 at 3:30 at 5 and at 6. I felt like a wreck in the morning. But had a 2 hour nana nap in the arvo with Wolf! M/s seems to ease off... a cautious yeah. Has it hit you yet?
    Glad to hear you haven't been attacked or harrassed but sad to hear some of your friends have been. There are too many narrow minded people in the world... I think Australia is struggling especially because the muslims communities have grown in the last few years and lots of people don't know much about Islam at all because of that.
    DH will decide on Thursday whether he will take the job.... I hate the wait!!

SNowy

dach - we will miss you now you've moved on but we will be there in a few weeks - i know what you mean about sugary food but the only sugary thing she had was a bit of vanilla birthday cake - everything else she tried was savoury, mainly crackers & bread

snowy - i so hope wolf has gotten back to normal sleeping times - i am still in awe of how well eliana has taken to self-settling & sleeping through the night - DP got up at 5:30am to give her her dummy back & he thought it was about 2am - she is really sleeping well

we haven't been doing much the last few days - just some housework & grocery shopping - it's good to have days where im still in my pj's at 11am!

Colleen Guest

wow I have missed heaps, I didnt realise thread 2 started i think lol

Silly me...

Well it was my bday today, I got a new car so its been a pretty good day, just about to have a body shop party too so I better get my butt into gear lol

I will do personals and more details tommorrow

Hope you are all well & your bubbies too

Colleen

happy birthday colleen - that is great that you got a car! hope you also got lots of nice stuff from the body shop too

Hi everyone

Happy birthday colleen, sounds like it was a good day! I love the body shop.

Mel - wow at the puppets and face painting, I didn't realise kids parties were getting like that now. I hope Harry doesn't expect anything too spectacular when he gets older! Grace is better now, although her nose is still a bit runny but that is to be expected. At least she is sleeping easier now.

Dach - I am going to make Grace a 1 shaped cake with pink icing. I made Harry a blue one for his first birthday. We will have a few people over so then there will be enough for everyone. Although I have thought about doing up cupcakes and decorating them and then arranging them into a 1 shape. Then there will be nice neat portions for everyone. Hmmmm....

Well I am now off to the 9mth and over forum. We are now on the home stretch to 12 months - I can't believe it has happened so fast! I am going to miss the baby stage when Grace grows up and becomes a terrible toddler like her brother!

Bon

Happy (belated) birthday Colleen! Woohoo for a new car, what a great present! How did the body shop party go?

Farewell Bon and Dach - I'm sure we'll be joining you in the next forum in no time at all!

We are good, although a bit tired - Kaleb's sleeping is all over the place at the moment. He is just so incredibly active now, climbing and crawling. He is obsessed with the cat from over the road who has decided to sleep on a chair on our front deck every day. Kaleb pulls himself up on the chair and grabs the poor thing, laughing hysterically. The cat has now decided to fight back, so I have to keep the doors shut. Kaleb bangs on the glass door, crying his eyes out and looking longingly at the poor cat, it's like Romeo and Juliet or something!

Hey it is me again! Hope you are all well.

Not much happening here, oh except the best thing ever happened on Wednesday night.....DP proposed to me!! I am sooo happy!!

Lily is doing great. She has taken a liking to sticking her tongue out whenever we talk to her, not sure if thats a good thing or not...

Congratulations Tegan
    How exciting!! Make sure you keep us all up to date with your wedding plans.

:happybday: Colleen, yay for your new car!!!!

Beth, lol at the cat and Kaleb. Yasin is crazy about cats too. At the moment our little fur baby can escape when he wants by jumping on the bed or sofa - he's going to have a heart attack when Yasin learns to climb.

Snowy, it sounds like Wolf is really putting you through the wringer. I hope he starts sleeping better soon. Yasin has been having a few bad nights lately but he usually makes up for it the next night. So far I've escaped the M/S except for a bit of queasiness before breakfast it stays that way.

Congratulations Tegan! \/

Oooh I love weddings, if I could get married again I would I just loved planning it and everything....

Bon

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345