Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 6 Months - 9 Months, May '05

Hello girls,

Michelle, are weetbix sugar free? They only have those stupid weet-a-bix here (the English ones) and they have sugar in them... arrg.. (and they taste crap compared to weetbix). I currently make my own cereal - but how much easier would a weetbix be!!
    Wow on Jessica talking so much! You must be very proud. All that Wolf says is ma-ma-ma-ma and I don't think he means me (though DH likes to say: he's calling you - go to your son!)

Mooshie/Michelle - wow on Lani feeding herself. Wolf is sooooo far from doing that. He likes to grab the spoon but he just shoves it so far in his mouth that he gags.. he grabbed the plate the other day and stuck his head in it (which made for some great photos) Lucky it was dinner, so a bath was scheduled afterwards anyways
    Glad to hear it's not a fracture.
    Hope SIL is okay. My SIL is pregnant with No.1 too, but not due until October. I love hearing about the pregnancy .. makes me all clucky...

Dachlostar - cool that Yasin eats "chunkier" food. Wolf still gags like crazy if he hits something chunky... does Yasin have teeth yet? Wolf has zilch.. .maybe it gets better when they get teeth? I don't think he gets the concept of chewing yet... Yeah, that ball is fantastic, isn't it. Bought it in Oz before we left. Wolf loves it - now that he can sit, I roll it to him and he grabs on to it - pretty good game (before someone had to sit behind him and grab it for him).

Okay, breakfast time. Someone is going ma-ma-ma

Snowy

Snowy- does Wolf look for you when you say mum to him? Cos he prob is really saying mum, I would claim that if I was you as his first word LOL. Sounds like he is a great ball player. Weetbix have 0.9g sugar per serve, seems pretty low to me compared to loads of other cereal.

Jordan and Jemma were very good language wise, very advanced, Josh was slower but had very good understanding and would follow instructions really well. They say girls are sometimes more advanced.

I actually cut banana into tiny pieces today and also cut tiny pieces of pear and Jessica loved it. She has diarreah at the moment and I am wondering if it is the yoghurt I have been giving her for the last 2 days or her teeth. I will give yoghurt tomorrow then if it doesn't stop I will stop it and see what happens. She does love yoghurt though so it will be sad if it's that.

Anyway i must go and get moving with dinner, the kids have eaten but I haven't.
    Cheers Michelle

mooshie Guest

hi all

i know i said i wouldn't have time to come onto bb but i am a bit sad - had parent/teacher interviews at jay's kinder today and my fears have been confirmed poor jay is struggling a bit in the friends issue - he sticks along with a boy he has known for years and when he tries to play with the other boys they basically ignore him, the teacher and i both think it is a speech thing as there has been quite a few arguments between jay and a few others on the way he says spiderman (he says piderman) every sp he stops and sm words sound like a p (for eg small is paul etc) so it is making it a bit difficult and he is sort of becoming a little bit of a loner, teacher is excellent and aware of what is happening so is trying real hard to get jay involved and i am taking him to speech pathology - i am so nervous about school next year, he is a lovely kid (who if he keeps to the way he is now would be a lovely young man in adult life) but i fear the way he is will allow him to become pushed around I HATE BULLIES ARGHH. so i have my work cut out and i am going to be really hard to try and work with him, the speech pathologist, am thinking of some sort of taikwondo or something to build his confidence up as he gets older, dunno but i am glad i am aware of it (just needed the teacher to tell me really - i have noticed subtle signs at pick up and drop off etc) he also has a terrible attitude when playing with others that it is his way or the highway, so i am going to take a leaf out of the super nannies book (lol) and start really concentrating on games etc that take turns.

okay well enough of our family, hope you are all well.

snowy - lani doesn't feed herself with a spoon (she holds and plays with the spoon) she feeds herself with her fingers (sometimes the bowl goes over the edge) and sometimes i just put bits of food on her tray, probably sounds a bit gross but i think it is cleaner than half the stuff she picks up off the floors on her daily exploring lol. oh apparently it doesn't matter if babies don't have teeth, they don't need teeth to chew they chew with there gums, what we did with lani from day one of feeding solids was sit there and do chewing actions with her and say yum yum chew chew etc, it was great for jay to do - so she doesn't have much of a problem with it. i gave her homemade pumpkin soup tonight loved it (she lets me feed her that tho - thankfully lol)

michelle - how is aaron, is his knee okay and has he gone up to qld yet? how are you coping on your own without him with all of yours? poor jessica on the runny poo's hopefully just the teeth not the yogurt. i gave lani yogurt a while ago and she loved it, brought it again and she didn't like it - ah well i suppose it's a womans perogative lol.

dachlostar - how are you coping with all the news you have had to take in the last few days. how are the sleeping issues with yasin, go with your heart you are his parents and you do what is right for you and yasin bugger everyone else, i say. the only time it is a problem is when it becomes a problem for you. when lani was night waking for a feed all the time i didn't mind feeding her at first as she went back to sleep asap however it did get me rundown and i was really feeling the sleep deprivation so i decided to just bite the bullet, hence why i started giving her 150mls of formula around 11pm (she doesn't wake up crying for it) i just go in with the bottle (although she starts to get excited when she realises i am there lol) then the first night when she woke at 1am i just listened for her cries and waited for 5mins of full on i am not going to stop crying, then i went and settled her again with a quick kiss and stroke of the head saying it is still night time back to sleep, walked out of the room (she howled) but i kept going and by the time i was back in my room (around 20 steps) she had stopped and went back to sleep. it took a couple of nights but it worked, she cries out occassionaly now but generally in her sleep i only go in to her if she is full on crying for around 5mins now (touch wood very rarely) believe me it can happen i was right where you are now only around 1 or 2mths ago - check out my posts previously of my frustrations from around 5mths to 7mths. she is great now and still has the 11pm bottle and i now have to wake her at 7.30am, i probably could stop that 11pm bottle now but then she would probably wake up earlier like 6 or something hungry but i am not ready to get up then lol, 7.30am is fine for me atm.

wow what an epic post yet again from me - sorry i will be off now.

oh bye the way sil is still pg just my silly intuition playing tricks lol - i knew someone was having a baby yesterday - looks like it was a couple of the belly belly girls lol.

goodnight

Hi Michelle

Arron leaves on the 3rd of June, so the countdown has begun, I am not looking forward to it I must say, it will be hard but not much else to do, just gotta do it. I am thinking of getting Josh's friends mum to pick him up on the Sunday morning for Auskick so it gives me a bit of time to get organised in the morning, otherwise all 5 of us have to be there by 8.30 and that's a big ask, esp since I also have to be at Netball on Saturday Morning at 9.30. The more I think about it the more stressful it sounds.

As for his knee no news yet as he has to see a dr tomorrow, but can you believe that he told his coach that if he needed him he would play on the weekend, well I told him to forget it cos he has to work and if he totally stuffs it we are all in the ****, how will we eat and pay the bills if he can't work. he listened so lets hope he tells him he can't play tonight. Stupid man he is!LOL

Michelle- I feel for poor Jay! Have you considered the option of a second yr of kinder for him, he is in the early side isn't he, born before the cutoff April 30th? Speaking as a teacher, maybe that extra yr would help him work on his speech and gain more confidence. Especially if the kids he is with are not very nice, maybe a change of social group may also help him cos then he wouldn't go to school next year with them. I just thought I'd give you another option to consider. I taught preps for 3 yrs and I found that most boys born April or earlier had more trouble settling, concentrating and had more social probs. My cousin kept her january boy back 12 months, and he was a very intelligent boy but was having trouble socially and she says it was the best thing she ever did cos the extra 12 months was wonderful for his self esteem and his sociability. He loves school and has lots of friends and she said that wouldn't have happened if not for him doing a 2nd year of kinder. Hope he does well with the speech therapy and that the kids lay off him.

Well I had my back done and I am a bit sore, will be for a couple of days , but it wasn't as bad as last time so that was good. I have been given these herb things to take, 24 ball bearings a day and it shuld loosen up my back and stomach muscles, help my stomach problem and my dizzy head too. So we'll see how it goes. I am going to take some tonight before bed and then I have to take 8 1/2 an hr before food 3 times a day. See what happens.

OK now any VIC girls we are meeting in Werribee on the 2nd May at 11am at a playcentre, would love to see some more people. take a look in the meetups, for the info. Please come if you can, it's on the Thursday.

Hi everyone, I hope you're all well.
    Snowy, you must be psychic!!!! Yasin's first tooth cut through the gum yesterday - he bit me with it!!!! I gave him some vegmite on toast for the first time yesterday as finger food. It made a terrible mess but he loved it and looked so pleased to be eating my food. Usually when I eat near him he keeps making grabs for my plate but when I gave him his own little bits he left it alone.
    Michelle, what a shame that Jay isn't enjoying kinder. Maybe Michelle's idea might be a good one. I was a January baby and when I started school I was the smallest in my class and I hated it. I hope that the speech pathology will help. Yasin only drank a tiny bit at his 3am booby call last night so I'm going to try to gradually cut down how much I give him then just give him a cuddle not a drink and then substitute the cuddle for a bit of a bum pat and see if we can ease out of the habit (until the next tooth arrives #-o ).
    Michelle, it sounds like you're going to be flat out while Arron's away. Maybe your mum would like to have a child or two to stay for the weekend or overnight.

Yay for Yasin's tooth Dasch- that's great. Dasch it would be lovely to cut out that feed, then you could get some quality sleep. And yes I will be flat out without Arron, unfortunately I don't think there will be any volunteers for taking kids, as Mum will have my niece and IL's usually do stuff, plus I am not really into calling on others, feel like they are my kids and I shouldn't give them off iykwim. I have always felt that way.

It is MIL's bday today so they are coming here to celebrate. She was almost going to go to Bingo but Arron shamed her out of it. A gf told me today she is 7wks pg but has been bleeding on and off so fingers crossed it all works out good, this is her 3rd and it has taken 12 mths to get pg.

Better go limited time as I have to go buy 2 pressies before the shops close.
    Cheers Mcihelle

mooshie Guest

okay girls am back again lol - am so busy but i just need by daily bb fix. girls and kids came for lunch today had a good time, now i just have to clean up the bit of mess and get ready for same bunch of girls to come around tonight for my scrapbooking party.

hooray for yasin's tooth - dachlostar and hooray for eating vegemite toast. lani had avocardo on toast today what a mess lol ah well that's what i am hear for cleaning and washing etc etc.

michelle hope you back is okay now, good idea about someone taking josh to auskick will make it a bit easier for you.

thanks for the suggestion on the repeating of kinder, he was born after the cut off on 6th may so as it is he will be one of the older ones next year. he does love kinder and asks when he is going every day. i told him we are going to have speech therapy he says he doesn't want to but i told him it would make his friends understand him a bit better so him and his friends won't get to frustrated. i am seriously also thinking of some sort of self-defence like karate not for the fighting aspect but for the displine and confidence that i think it will give him. he needs something, today one of his friends was saying this is my ball (it was jay's) and i am taking it home, now instead of jay standing up for himself he just came over to me in tears wanting me to fight his battles. am glad i am doing something about this now and we have a while till school starts.

on another note - lani loves to get into my table and pull out all the magazines and jay fell over on them today, i was changing lani's nappy and heard the thud then he just screamed (he usually would pick himself up and get on with it) well he has a huge lump on his arm and he ran into his bedroom and said he wanted to stay there until it felt better - his friends started arriving and he was still in there. he can move it okay and says it is better now but i am hoping there hasn't been any damage. omg going back to the doctors they will think i am abusing my kiddies. hopefully it will be okay and i won't need to take him but i will keep my eye on it.

well this chatting won't get anything done so i am going to have a quick look to see if any babies have arrived then go and get to it.

oh btw michelle hope everything is okay with your friends pg.

have a goodnight.

oh girls, you have been so chatty!
    not much time today to post as we are having Wolf's christening this weekend and visitors are arriving today and I need to clean the house and buy groceries and get organised.

yeah on Yasin's tooth! and yeah on him eating vegemite soldiers on his own!

sorry to hear Jay is having trouble with the kids in kinder. Kids can be cruel, can't they. Maybe rather than a single sport (like karate) you should try a team sport, so he learns to share? Soccer or touch footy or something like that, something where it's about the team effort? I hope the speach therapy works. And I hope his arm is okay!

lol, Michelle - that's so typical that Arron would offer to play with his bad knee... men, he?

I am so happy that we will have gorgeous weather for the christening this weekend. Looking forward to seeing my brother and his family (who live in Tokyo) and DH's best friend (Aussie living in London) who will both be godparents. Also have my nanny as a godparent, but she is 80 and sick and can't travel the 530km. Will have to have a nice dinner in my hometown with her when I'm there (she caught a bug while on holiday last week - how much does that suck, the whole holiday was stuffed)

Anyways, better get going. Still in my PJs

Snowy

Hi guys! Not much happening here. Alana is well. She had her third shot of that pnuemoccal (how ever its spelt) yesterday. She has been a bit tired today, I figured it was due to her needle. She gets weighed on Wednesday. I am hoping for a big weight gain. She looks fatter, well in the cheek and chin anyway LOL!

We see her paed and dietician in a week, so hopefully we can start to introduce meat. I think she's ready. I guess we will find out soon enough. I must admit I'm abit nervous because we will now have to start enzymes before her solids aswell as formula. It all goes by fat grams and I don't want to get it wrong. I think her paed will be pleased with the way she is going and do another two month app. Yahoooo!

I have decided to hibernate this winter and take Alana nowhere. I'm not taking any chances with colds etc. Maybe I'm being over cautious but I just don't think I'm ready yet to deal with Alana being sick. I really think I will freak out and panic if she does.

Anyway I'm heading of to bed. Bye!

just a quick hi to say we are still alive - im still suffering from this cold that i cant get rid of - keeps going from me to eliana & back again!
    i have been reading all your posts but my head is throbbing atm
    i will be going to my parents on the sunshine coast for the week - need some tlc
    hope your weekends are going well & i'll catch up as soon as i can

mooshie Guest

helooooooooo

echo echo echo LOL

wow it is quiet in here - where has everyone gone lol, hope you are all just busy with bubbies and that is all.

not much going on here - making serious attempts to give away the smokes (yup closet smoker here - but not for much longer) also i have set up a chart on fertility friend, i have never done it before, thought i would have a go just curious at the moment as i really don't want to think about ttc another for at least another 3 mths.

anyway's i am pooped gotta get to bed, am off to the myer stocktake sale tommorrow.

night night all

ps.
    michelle not long for you here - over to the next forum on the 2nd (or have you already gone over)

Hi girls-

I have been flat out and had no time to come in here, got on so I could pay bills and sneak in here while Arron is out working.

Michelle I only have 2 days here, how sad. I was going to take Jessica to be weighed but I am on here so that's not going to happen. The little bugger keeps crawling under the desk and pulling on the wires, she's already disconnected me once. Hope Jay's arm is ok, and you know the 4th term is the term when you see the bigget change in kids, so hopefully with the speech therapy and 6 mths you will notice a big change. The team game idea does sound good too, so maybe that's another option too.
    LOl at you being a closet smoker, I was too, I haven't had a smoke for 12 weeks and I am really proud of myself, esp when Arron is still smoking.

Snowy- I hope the christening was wonderful, shame about the godparent who was sick, what a terrible holiday.

Mel- hope you feel better after your trip to your mums.

Lara- I don't think you are wrong to want to keep Alana away from sickness, it is bad enough that kids of any age get sick, but with the cf it makes it even worse, so do what is right for her and you. Hope everything goes well with the paed. You guys are doing so well!

We had to call an ambulance on Sunday night as our darling Jessica decided to choke on something she found on the floor. I kept tipping her up, and trying to make her vomit and nothing was working, she seemed ok and then she would gag again and pull funny faces. I scrathed her mouth inside trying to scoop her mouth out so there was a streak of blood. It took the ambo's 10 mins to get here. And before they did I had managed to retrieve the item, a corner of silver foil type paper stuff, like off a packet of chips. Everytime she breathed in it must have been covering her windpipe. I only found it after one episode of gagging and being tipped up I saw a flash of silver and grabbed it out.
    The ambo's looked at her and said she seemed ok but to call them back if she had a funny turn. The little bugger will be the death of me. The worst thing is that the ambo's said that her windpipe is only the size of her little finger which makes it so easy for her to choke or have something stuck in the windpipe. It's a very scary thought. We have told all the kids to be careful what ends up on the floor but it's very hard to police, I guess i will just have to vacuum as often as possible, which is very painful.

Hope you are all well

Cheers Michelle

Michelle glad Jessica is okay. I would have been beside myself.

My Mum always thought that she would be good in an emergency situation, until it happened. Last year my dad was eating some peanut chocolate and he started making choking noises. Now my Dad always makes stupid noises so Mum thought that he was just mucking around. It wasn't until he got up and she then heard this huge crash in the kitchen and realised he wasn't joking. He had passed out, fell forward, smacking his head on the kitchen counter. My mum said she was hysterical. She's not sure what it was, whether the chocolate just melted or whether all her shaking and hitting him brought him around. LOL! Poor Mum!

Lara- how scary for your Mum, I think that it is easier to be calm when it is not someone who you are close to. The emotional connection makes it hard to stay calm. I was really bad when my eldest had a febrile convulsion age 13mths, I couldn't even call the ambulance. I went off and did a first aid course level2, so that I felt like I would know what to do. So glad that your dad was alright. I am much better in an emergency now, but still I don't want to have to use my knowledge on my family. When Josh had a febrile convulsion a stupid nurse at a drs surgery told me to drive him to the hospital and if he stopped breathing just to give him mouth to mouth (WTF!) I called an mbulance at least they are trained to save lives and could do it if they needed to.

Cheers Michelle

Hi everyone,
    Michelle, it must have been the weekend for choking. Yasin nicked a bit of mushroom off my plate on saturady morning and got it stuck. Luckily it came out when I put him over my lap and gave him a bit of a whack on the back but we all got a horrible fright and Yasin and I both had a bit of a sook afterwards. Now I get scared whenever he makes the tiniest gagging or coughing. I can't believe that you're going into the next forum so soon. They seem so grown up in there - they talk about 1st birthday parties :shock: and some of thier babies walk. Well done on going so long without a cigarette.
    Snowy, I hope that the christening went well and you all had lots of fun.
    Lara, I don't think that you're at all over-cautious in wanting to hibernate. Have you had your flu shots? My Dr recommended that DH and I both had flu shots this year so that we're less likely to bring something home to Yasin. Especially DH because he works so he's more likely to be exposed to a flu virus.
    Melbee, I hope that the TLC does the job and you're feeling better now.
    Michelle, congratulations on deciding to quit and good luck with it. There should be a quitter's thread somewhere to help all the smokers and ex-smokers. I used to smoke years ago and lately I've really been feeling like smoking again. Luckily for me my only friend who is a heavy smoker is overseas at the moment because if she was around I would probably be smoking her cigarettes.

Yasin has two teeth now!!! The second tooth appeared a day after the first one. He bit my boob when I was feeding him yesterday!!!!!!!! We has a shocker of a day yesterday. I went shopping for some new onesies (he's up to size 0!!!) for him and I forgot the pram so I borrowed one from the shopping centre. It was a horrible uncomfortable little thing with a wonky wheel and Yasin hated every minute in it. I ended up putting the shopping in the pram and carrying him but I didn't get the balence quite right and the stupid pram fell backwards onto me when I took some stuff off the seat for a minute and I now have a massive bruise on my leg.
    We had to go to brunch at the ILs on saturday - ewwww. It was yucky!! They told me what thier plans are for Yasin's birthday. It didn't seem to occur to them that I might have ideas of my own. I think that I might just go along with them this year so that when Yasin is old enough to remeber his birthdays and I want to plan something fun for him if the ILs have any problems I can just tell them that we did what they wanted for a few years so now its time to do what Yasin wants. MIL had the nerve to tell me to get rid of my tables because they are glass topped. I'm not really concerned about my tables they have rounded edges and they're made of very thick safety glass. I'm far more concerned about Yasin's safety when he is at her house - its a death trap!! Her manky old furniture is all hard and pointy, she expects Yasin to play next to an ungaurded gas heater (which is also a problem for me because the fumes are bad for little lungs) and her toy box is full of chokey stuff!! I spend all my time there watching Yasin like a hawk and rescuing him from danger. GGRRRRR..... every time I visit her I come home feeling really cross. I should probably tell her what I think of all her stupid ideas and snide comments but its not worth the argument that would follow so instead I just complain to you guys. Thanks for putting up with it. O

Dasch- it is very scary choking babies. So glad it worked out alright with yasin, it is so hard to watch them every second though. And I sympathise with the MIL, you're prob right about not getting into arguments, but don't let yourself be pushed around either cos Yasin is your baby, not hers. If the bday stuff sounds alright then Iw ould go with it too, does that mean she is paying? LOL

I have had a lazy day, all I really want to do is get on here, but it is so quiet, nobody is around. I might poke my head into the next forum and say hi, not that I am wanting to leave that's for sure.

Anyway
    see ya
    Michelle

mooshie Guest

hi girls

omg at jessica and yasin chocking - that is one of my biggest things - choking and vomiting i just can't handle them lol. i remember when my first born was around 8mths she was sitting in her pram eating a vegimite sandwhich and she chewed a bit of bread so much into a little ball and it got stuck when she swallowed it and started choking, by the time i got the belts unbuckled and scooped her out she had coughed it yup. scary thing.

i am hoping the auskick is good for jay and i got the forms to start speech therapy he is number 7 on the waiting list so hopefully we can start soon. his arm is okay which is good don't think i could have got 2 arm x-rays done in a week the docs might off started asking questions lol.

dachlostar i feel for you on the mil issue - i am not that fond of mine lol but i keep my distance and am lucky as dh feels the same way about her so we don't go there, she comes here once every couple of weeks, all she does is complain and talk about one grandchild (her golden child - her daughters son) she has another 7 grandkids but doesn't give a hoot - oh well her loss.

had a good day went shopping, bought a couple of tops for me at myer stocktake sale and a couple of shirts for dh, then picked up a layby from best and less with all bonds stripey purple stuff for lani (that is it - this child needs no more clothes lol) then upgraded my mobile phone which has a camera in it - so have been playing with it all arvo - forgot to ask if it costs if i take a photo then email it to my puter - no doubt it does, will have to ask before i start going crazy with pics lol - still don't have a digital camera yet.

have set my quit date for next monday and am reading up on heaps of info on the net and on some stuff from quitline - i think i am going to need some sort of nicotine replacement therapy (as i am no longer breastfeeding i will make it an opportunity) not sure whether to do the patches or the gum, am leaning towards the gum as i do like chewing gum - am a bit of a cow lol.

anway am going to go and get set to watch all saints.

have a good night

Dasch I hear ya on the il's! Mine have been in Italy for two months. They came back yesterday. I haven't seen them yet which is amazing. I guess their not too bad. I'm just not use to the way Italians do stuff and I don't think I ever will. I hate going to the il's house. They have this big rug on the floor of a black & white cow skin. It makes me cringe. I don't like the idea of Alana playing on the floor.
    Glad to hear yasin is okay. I hope I don't experience the choking thing. I think i'm paranoid enough LOL!
    All three of us have had flu shots.

Mooshie good luck with the quitting. I found the patches worked for me. Haven't had a cigarette now for 2 1/2 years. After I quit Frank quit using the patches aswell. He's quit for 2 years. I think its that first few weeks that are the hardest.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast