Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 Months - 9 Months, May '05

michelle - hope all went well at the drs - cant imagine it would be much fun but im sure by now it is over & done with - how is jemma going today?

bon - checked out grace - she is a cutie - i saw grease when it toured in the big black tent in the round & it was awesome - how was magda?

mooshie - lol about lani being a featherweight - eliana was 5.1kgs born so everyone thought she would stay huge but she is 7.6kgs now & 71cms long (my nephew is 3mons old & is only 300grms lighter) far out about the breakfast thing - im flat out getting time to eat that myself!

dach - how is the human mop going? lol about your DH & your love for the computer

we are back from the sunshine coast where we had eliana's christening - it went really well & i know im biased but she looked beautiful
    she has a bit of cold still & wasn't much impressed when the wave hit her at the beach though loved all the animals at australia zoo (kicked a goat in the head) & was fascinated with the fish at underwater world
    i will have to try her on some water - im liking all the extra foods she can try now she is over 6months - i had to laugh when i gave her a rusk, eliana just sucked it in & out of her mouth hands free!!

hope everyone is having a great day

Hi girls,

I am home and all is well. It was really nice to see the friendly face of my Gp and the dr that delivered the last 3 kids was there as the anethitist (I know I can't spell it , bad luck). He promised he would make sure i woke up as then Arron wouldn't take him fishing. I also asked him about ymy dizzy head and he thinks it is vertigo, which would be right according to the way it feels something to do with the middle ear, but he said I will always have that (GREAT) and he felt the sore spot on my ribs and said to get the dr to take a look next chance I get, seems it could be a muscular thing. The actual gastroscopy found NOTHING! No ulcer no irritation nothing. Which sort of isn't too helpful cause I have something which isn't right. When I was on a zantac type meds it went away so maybe it is just gastric reflux. I am to go back to the drs in 2 wks and then we will follow up everything else.

Anway Jemma is a little better, but Jessica's nose is running like a tap, which is most disgusting esp when it is running into her mouth YUCK! Arron dry reaches when he is wiping her nose.

I have been a bit vague with replies so:

Bon- so glad Grease was good, and I hope you r grandmother is better today.

Mel- so good that the christening went well, and lol at the wave and the goat.

Dasch - Idid have to fast with the gastroscopy, from 12am and I didn't get in til after 12 pm so I was starving. Arron and I snuck into the pub for a counter lunch before going home, didn't tell mum as she would have been annoyed. LOL What's worse there was this delay while the equipment was being fixed and I got to watch all the nurse and drs have their lunch and morning tes as well.

Hello- Lara- how's Alana going, good I hope. Have you had her weighed lately?

Anyway gonna go and do something, what exactly I don't know. May be back later
    Cheer Michelle

Just thought I'd see if anyone else had been on, and not yet! I am a little uncomfortable, with a sore stomach area, I guess tenderness is to be expected. Or maybe it is hunger! I just took panadol so hopefully it will ease off and maybe improve once I have eaten.

Cheers Michelle

michelle glad to hear it went well but bummer that you are still sore - hope they find out what is wrong soon - your poor girls noses!!

mooshie Guest

great news michelle that everything is okay, i have been wondering about you today.

i have just got home so jumped on to make sure everything was good with you.

just waiting around till roughly 11pm to give lani her bottle.

well i went and saw my friends bub he is sooooooo cute i am soooooo clucky - he is under lights as he has jaundice quite bad (her other 2 did to) and there were 2 sets of twins in the nursery as well, just being back at a maternity ward made me so want another - i am one crazy girl lol, oh to cute, i better have a word to dh lol

goodnight

Hi Michelle
    LOL at the cluckiness, best I don't go near the baby nursery then, as I would want more too, MUST NOT THINK THAT! I don't NEED more, I just love babies though. Hope your dh thinks the idea is a good one too.

I had a bit of pain this morning, I think it is a combo of wind/gas and hunger. I have had brekky and it has gone away.

Jessica is so snotty it is driving all of us batty, and she has that mjorning cough. I feel for her, but not much I can do, the snot is clear which is why I haven't had her to the drs yet, see what happens I guess.

Anyway hope you all have a great day, best be off to do something
    Michelle

Michelle good to hear things went well. Its good they didn't find anything. I had a gastroscopy, gee about 7 years ago, due to a reflux feeling that I was having. It was making me so uncomfortable. Anyway they found nothing. I moved to a different department in the Bank I was working for and it went away. I think it was stress. Hope your doctor can come up with something that maybe causing this.

Alana is doing well. She has a weigh in at the start of June and then she has a paed app. She had her flu shot a couple of days ago and she didn't even cry. She has a new noise which sounds like she is saying mum mum mum. I love it. Frank reckons she is saying bum bum bum. Idiot! You think he would just amuse me.

Mooshie my friend just had a baby 2 weeks ago and I gotta say it made me clucky. Then I forgot a couple of pills this month and panicked. Luckly AF showed up today. Phew! I think Frank was a little disapointed. I want to lose all my weight and get myself healthy before TTC again. We said Jan 2006 to TTC.

Okay going to check out the other forums. Bye!

mooshie Guest

hi girls

how are we all? are you feeling better now michelle.

iris don't you just love the way the bubbies babble to cute - lani is always making a noise a cross between ga ga and mum mum so i say she is saying mum lol.

well wonders will never cease LANI ROLLED BACK TO FRONT - yup that is right it has only taken her this long to figure it out lol, we all missed it though - she had just eaten dinner so i put her on her back cause if she goes off on her tummy and starts slugging around she leaves little chucks everywhere lol. anyway she was looking like she was going to roll and jay and i were encouraging her but nup thought she isn't going to do it, so i went and ran her bath i came back to hear jay say lani don't crawl over here - hang on i said did she roll he looked and said yup but didn't see it, so we all missed it - she looked pretty pleased with herself. i must lower the cot down to the bottom level now just in case she tries to pull up next lol.

i made her the best dinner and she loved it - basically 1/4 of a small onion fried in a little butter, then cooked up some diced chicken and added chopped up sweet potatoe and apple then around 200ml of chicken stock (unsalted) - she gobbled it up \/ yay that is three meals i know she likes now - making it a bit easier.

anyway have a good night all - chat soon

Hello girls, just poking my head in - I will join you on Saturday!! I can't believe Wolf will be 6 months in 3 days!! I was looking at a video today of when he was a few weeks old and it's almost like he's a different baby now!

we went for our second baby swimming lesson today. Wolf loved it and DH made the cutest videos and photos. I sent of a bunch to all the grandparents, aunts and uncles everywhere in the world.. I'm sure tomorrow I will get a few "please stop clogging up my server" mails ... but I just can't help it - he is sooooooooooo cute (i know, i'm biased...)

he he, Iris, IKWYM - I get so clucky when I hear stories from my p/g friends but when I thought I might be p/g 5 weeks ago, I was really freaking out a bit... (but it was just really bad PMS, lol)

Chat to you on Saturday!

Snowy

good to read that lani has finally got the knack of rolling - hopefully you will see it next time - eliana doesn't roll much she moves around lying on her side (very strange & funny to watch) she loves to be standing up in her exersaucer or sitting up - she really cracks it if i lie her on the floor - so have no idea how she will work out how to crawl

lol snowy at you popping in - see you in 3 days!

we still have colds - though i have almost lost my voice - eliana is still happy though a bit whingy at times cause she wants to be held alot - oh well any excuse not to do housework

mooshie Guest

hi everyone

well jay is at kinder and lani is asleep and what am i doing on this puter lol - i really should do a little round the house oh well.

snowgirl - wow wolf at nearly 6mths gees time really does fly doesn't it. so glad he loves his swimming, i often watch the babies and mums swimming when i should be watching ds swim lol and think gees i should do that with lani but it is a cost factor here - ds costs $130 per term, add on top kinder fees and auskick can be a bit expensive. so i guess lani will have to wait for a couple of years lol oh well not to worry.

mel - i never thought lani would ever roll from back to front, she first rolled front to back at around 6wks and did it very occassionally but she just could not get the hang of rolling back to front and she actually began crawling around 1mth ago so it is really bizarre - she used to just crack it on her back cause she wanted to be on her tummy but she wouldn't make the effort lol.

i put lani in a jolly jumper the other day to cute she looks like a thunderbird - she only likes it for a max of 10mins but it is good to put her in if she is a little cranky cause then she forgets why she is cranky.

well i suppose i better go and do something to this brothel of a house whilst ds is at kinder - hate doing when he is at home as he wants to help and likes to sweep the floor - arhh she sweeps it all back very frustrating.

anyways have a good night - i won't be on as the amazing race is on - gotta get my fix lol.

see ya

Hi girls,

Lara- wouldn't surprise me if my probs are stress related, all started when Jessica was about 8wks old. $ kids and a dh is stressful thats for sure.
    And cluckiness is so easy to catch. Just a question about the Cf and future kids, what is the chance that your next bub will have it too?

Michelle- I am feeling ok, just that I have this strange pain in the left side of my chest, which I was very concerned about last night. Thought it was maybe my heart but more likely its muscular. I am a walking hypo I reckon LOL Yay at Lani doing the roll and typical you didn't see it.

Hi Snowy, you come and I only have 12 days left. How sad for me! Good to hear Wolf is doing well.

Hi Mel and Eliana

Anyway gotta go, Josh has swimming and I am hoping to get out of here on time,plus I have to change Jess, she stinks!

Cheers michelle

Mooshie Yay for Lani. Alana has the opposite problem. She hates being on her stomach. She last maybe 2-3 minutes and then we have to help flip her back over. How the hell is she suppose to crawl if she won't go on her stomach?!

Michelle for every pregnancy we have a 1 in 4 chance of that baby having CF. It was a big decision whether we would have another, but we really wanted a brother or sister for Alana. We were told we could have an amnio to test for CF so we could make a decision, but we wouldn't terminate anyway. We would only have a amnio so that we could be prepared before baby arrives. Everyone in the Cf community seem pretty confident of a cure. We were actually told by Alana's paed that he thought it would be even in Alana's life time. I guess you have to hold on to something.

My sil had herself tested for the Cf gene and it came back positive. It must have taken her breath away. Her husband is now geting tested. They have a 12 month old. You just never know.

mooshie Guest

hi girls

where is everyone, not much chatting done atm lol.

i am feeling crappo - i think i may be getting a uti, haven't had one for years but i feel really weird down below - almost like the sensation of having bubs head real down low - i just wanna pee all the time - wahh, i am taking ural to see if that helps but on the box it says about stinging but it doesn't hurt to pee so i don't know if it could be a uti or not ](*,) am off to docs on tuesday for lani's phneucoccal (or however it is spelt) and the good old pap for me - so if hasn't cleared up will mention to doc.

nothing much is happening atm same old same old. busy day tommorrow - auskick for jay followed by a birthday party for a kinder friend, i just want to catch up on all my washing lol - i can't seem to catch up even though the weather is fine ah well.

anyway i am gonna go pee lol then get back on and have a gander at what is happening in the other forums.

see yas

Hi girls

Michelle- it is quiet isn't it! Well I am most annoyed as today was my wall buddies party/demo. I had heard nothing from the lady doing it since I booked it on the 17th May, and she didn't even send me invitations to give out or anything. I called her twice around the end of May and she didn't return my calls. So I heard on the grapevine that she was thinking of cancelling my party (that was Weds) but she didn't ring me, so I had 6 girls here waiting for her and she never showed up. I called the number I had for her at 1.30pm and left a message on anwering machine saying I was waiting for her and to please ring me, and then when everyone left I left a message telling her I was very angry, annoyed and upset, that I had 15 people here waiting and that she hadn't showed (ok I told a lie there but I don't care), and I told her that I couldn't believe how rude she was and that I would be ringing head office to put in a complaint. Now I also know that this lady has been having marraige problems, but if she had of rang me anytime in the last 4-5wks and said she couldn't do the demo and if she had of tried to get someone else to do it then I wouldn't have minded, but to just not trun up when I have people here, GRRRRRR!

We are going to see my cousins new dd tonight and can't wait. SHe is 2 and a half wks old. I am annoyed though cos Arron is already drinking and I am feeling a little yucky, hope it's not the flu! I really am not sure if I can drive, and I shouldn't have to if I'm sick but you watch, I will have to.

Anyway have a good weekedn everyone.

Hi everyone, its quiet in here isn't it.
    Wolf, happy half-birthday!!! I hope your mum gives you a big squeezy hug from me.
    Snowy, baby swimming is fun isn't it!! Yasin looks so funny doing it. I especially like the bits where he gets dunked underwater he looks so funny coming up although he's getting more used to it now so he doesn't look so suprised as he did the first few times.
    Michelle, how bloody rude of the demo lady, she needs a swift kick to the backside by the sounds of it. I hope you're not coming down with anything.
    Michelle, yay for Lani finally deciding to roll. I hope that you don't have a uti.

We nearly have teeth here they're starting to cut through the gums!! I'm not sure how long it takes from starting to show to actually popping out but I hope its not too long because he's a bit grumpy at the moment. He's also moving around at great speed, he doesn't crawl, instead he gets up on all four throws himself forward and then repeats the same action iykwim.
    The house is a total mess because I haven't adapted to doing so much baby chasing yet. I really should get the house clean before DH gets home or at least move the mess around a bit. Luckily for me I've got a bit of extra time - DH is at the rugby tonight, he's short a couple of people so I think he'll be working late. He's a bit cross about Kylie's boobs because he had the contract for her Sydney concerts. I have to say that I haven't done a boob examination since I was a couple of months pregnant so the news was a bit of a wake-up call for me.
    I'm off to be a domestic treasure. I hope you all enjoy your weekends.

mooshie Guest

hi girls

michelle - how rude of that wallbuddies lady - hope she gets a good kick up the bum. i used to be an enjo consultant (many moons ago) hated it but the money was good - i hated it cause it is not really me going into peoples houses when i don't know them and try and sell them stuff. i can talk heaps on puter and phone but real life i clam up lol. my g/friend has just started as a creative memories consultant (she does some really wonderful scrapbooking) and i am having a home class for her next friday night - i will only have a few girls as it is something that you really need to keep doing not just a one off iykwim. wall buddies are great, had them years ago when jessie was little (so it would have been around 6 or 7 yrs ago that we had the wall buddies parties doing the rounds lol. my g/friend has them all in her kids bathroom and it looks really nice.

dachlostar - sounds like yasin is going to be a break dancer lol. my g/friends little girl has started crawling like that to cute. on the teeth front probably a couple of days - you will feel it poke through (they can be sharp lol) then they just come to the surface a bit more each day. having said that lani is having trouble with her top two teeth - she has been showing the signs for a few weeks and her gums are soooo swollen. health nurse looked the other day and said that there was an extra piece of skin which will break and the teeth will come through (it will either be her biting something or hitting it on something - apparently it will bleed heaps but will be okay) mind you this is the same crazy midwife who on a wednesday told me lani was not at all teething just had calcium deposits when two days later the tooth came through - so i just take some things she says with a grain of salt, although i have been concerned about the way her teeth at the top seem to be coming through.

oh and on teeth - jay has another really wobbley tooth the other bottom one - looks like the tooth fairy will be coming again soon - holy moly these teeth are costing a fortune what with bonjela, baby panadol, teething relieft syrup, teething rings and then a few years later the tooth fairy 8-[

snowy - welcome to the six month forum to you and wolf - hope to chat to you soon, it will probably become quite again soon as michelle leaves on the 2nd june and i go over on the 15th june, oh well we have another few weeks ahead of us.

sorry for the epic.

night night

oh bye the way - i have been taking ural and they seem to have done the trick - - i think i better drink more water.

what the hell is wallbuddies?? is that like tupperware parties? (though i've never been to one of those either, but know from my mom about it) - but nevertheless, how bloody rude!!

Dachlostar, thanks - Wolf had a great birthday. We met up with the girl who was in the hospital room with me. Her daughter is just one hour older than Wolf. Her partner is a professional photographer, so he took a few pics of Wolf and Amelie (their daughter). I am curious to see how they turn out but it will be a while - he's on a photoshoot in Ibiza (I'm so jealous... ) for a week.

I checked out the photos on your webpage. DH stood behind me and commented on how cute Yasin is We haven't done the "diving" part yet - I think they do it in 2 weeks. I am curious to see how Wolf reacts. So far he has taken to the water like a fish.

Thanks for the warm welcome back girls. So sad that some of you are leaving soon again.

Snowy

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast