Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 6 Months - 9 Months, May '05

HI all

Snowy- don't be sad, it just keeps happening, we must have a word with these babies who keep growing up LOL. Hope the pics are good, are you getting freebies? Wall buddies are wall decorations made out of stuff sort of like syrofoam and they are bright and colourful. I have them in the bathroom, and am getting football ones for Josh's room and a bear and hearts for Jessica's room and other stuff i want too.

Michelle- you do have to be the right person to sell party plan, you sort of need to be pushy but friendly, a fine line! I could do it, but not sure how well. I was at a creative mem demo today, and I was happy with the page I did, this was my 2nd demo and I wasn't happy last time, I guess bc you don't get much to work with so it didn't look as good as it could've. But this one is ok. Funny thing though, the lady looked at my pics and thought they were jessica (I had her there) but they were actually Josh at 2 mths old. I keep telling everybody my kids are almost identical as babies and I am so right LOL.

Good night to everyone, Mel and dasch and sorry to anyone else.
    cheers Michelle

lara- Hope the cure for CF does come soon, wouldn't that be great. And hope the tests on your SIL partner come back neg, but if not it just goes to show. I can understand you finding out, and think it would be best, just so you know what you are dealing with. Fingers crossed the next cherub is negative but if not I know you guys will do an excellent job regardless.

I know I've missed heaps of people, am too tired at the moment. I am prob going somewhere tomorrow even though I am sick, I'm not going to help in the classroom though, as SIL is down and annoying me, she's 26 and has spent every second she has been here in the last 2 days playing with Jordan in Jemma's dollshouse. WTF I hear you say! She isn't quite MATURE you might say and prob never will be , what ****s me most is that she actually locked Jemma and my niece out of Jemma's room so she couldn't even play with her own stuff, and today her and Jordan dragged every bit of it into the lounge cos Jemma went to bed. I am so glad she moved to Echuca cos we don't see her that much anymore.

just a quick hi - i have a really bad cold (thanks to DP) so am feeling like death warmed up - i will try & type personals later on
    sounds like everyone has had a busy time then again who isn't with a baby!
    eliana learnt to clap hands on friday - everytime i say eliana clap she does it & is soooo pleased with herself
    she is cracking it now so better go pick her up
    hope your day is going well

aaarrrrrrrgggggggggg

I just did a monster post and when I clicked submit, it gave me an error page and it was all gone... and now Wolf is grumpy....

yep Michelle, should get some pics.

Melbee, sorry to hear you arez sick and yeah on the clapping.
    will post more when I'm less angry about losing my monster post and when Wolf is less grumpy

he is not a baby photographer or anything like that - he does fashion, art, ads and music shoots and things like that)

His name is (as you can see) Ben Wolf which was really funny in the hospital cause it caused a lot of confusion when people were talking about "Baby Wolf" .... one nurse actually thought I had taken the wrong baby one night

also I have updated my website if you want to see some photos from the baby swimming (click on the Photo Gallery link at the bottom of the babiesonline website for heaps of recent photos)

mooshie Guest

,hello

how are we all? just a quickie post before i give lani her bottle - i am knackered lol - she did not sleep hardly at all today what a ratbag lol - she is usually quite good doing 2 sleeps of 2 to 3hrs per day but when i put her down this morning she cracked it, i ended up giving her a bottle then she went down - i had to get her up tho after only 1hr to pick up ds from kinder ](*,) , then this arvo well she just did not go down but was happy to be up she just crawled everywhere - i think she explored every room in the house lol. i think it is a combo of everything - top teeth, growth spurt and new found freedom. she is only having the one breastfeed in the morning when she wakes but i will be stopping that as of tomorrow, cause she mucks around so much off and on etc and i only have 1hr in the morning to get us fed, dressed and off to kinda and she is usually cranky about 1/2 hr after i finish my attempt to feed her so she will go on the bottle am a bit sad but you gotta do what you gotta do.

anyway hopefully tomorrow morning will run smoothly ds has a pj day at kinder and will have breaky there so we won't be as rushed.

have a good night
    bye for now

Hi girls

Snowy I think that I hate when the happens more than I hate most things in the world. And there is no way I remember to copy before I submit, so it keeps happening. I so love the pic of wolf in his tripptrapp chair, he is so gorgeous.

Michelle- I hope the lovely Lani does a bit more sleeping tomorrow and I can see how finishing breasatfeeding is sad too. Hope it makes it less hectic in the mornings for you.

YEah! SIL goes home tomorrow, I can't wait, she is so annoying.

MIL, FIL and SIL were here for tea and I have seen SIl Sat and Sun, so I have ahd a gutful. Arron is starting to get all excited about his trip to QLD and I am getting more edgy, 4 and a half days alone with the kids. I have made my wall buddies demo for the Mon night and Arron will be home Tues so it won't be too bad I guess. I don't really like being alone or sleeping alone either and 4 nights will be very slow. maybe I can scrap or talk on bb the whole time LOL

Anyway not much happening, I still feel pretty crappy but I think it's just a cold not the flu which is great news for me.

Better go cos i want to eat cheezals before I go to bed.

Goodnight to everyone and hope you feel better soon Mel.

Cheers Michelle

mooshie Guest

hi there everyone

well i woke lani up at 7.30am this morning and gave her a bottle - she drank the whole 250mls i then put her in the rocker whilst i had a shower -(in the past she would crack it as she was obviously still hungry) only downside was kinder starts at 8.30am so i tried giving her solids at 8.15 and she was to full lol - couldn't give it to her any later as she had a doc's appt straight after kinder oh well.

doctors for phnecocoal (arrh ykwim spelling hopeless lol) anyway i mentioned to doc about lani's forearm she has a bruise with quite a lump underneath - doc wants me to get x-rays done as she thinks it may be a greenstick fracture - i don't even know how she did it - i am sad. going tommorrow at 9.15am - hopefully all is well fingers crossed. she carried on like a pork chop at her vaccination, plus she was tired so i can tell you i was glad to get home.

wow michelle i would lllllllllooooooove 4 days with paul lol - he is okay just still drinking heaps (mentioned to my doc and she is going to discuss it futher with him when he next goes for his antidepressant medication) lets hope the kiddies behave for you for the 4 days, i think i would love it so much cause i wouldn't have to stress about dinner lol just frozen meals or take out - gees i am lazy - no not lazy just fed up deciding what to cook each night.

anyway speaking of cooking i guess i better see what i can do for dinner tonight.

see yas

Hi everyone
    Michelle I hope Lani's arm is ok, and it's not fractured, not that there is prob much that they can do for it I guess. Maybe if Arron took 2 of the kids to QLD then I would enjoy it more...but that ain't going to happen. He has gone into work tonight, so I here until midnight alone (haha with 4 cherubs I mean), who are going to bed at 8.10 at the moment unless they misbehave more. We are having Lasagna in the microwave so thats easy.

jessica was choking when I was on the phone the before, I had to poke my fingers all the way down her throat and she vomited, and she was eating onion skin from the potato box. Little bugger!

I am in full swing organinsing my next wall buddies demo, which is a monday night when Arron is in QLD. So far looks like people are happy to come, so that's good.

Arron has to have ultrasound etc tomorrow on his knee and then surgery on Thursday morning, so that is a bugger. Hopefully things aren't too bad in there.

Better go and finish up here, am gonna send the big kids in the shower before tea
    cheers

Oh almost forgot, The big excitement today was the opening of Coles in Kilmore, we went down at about 10.30am and spent 2 hrs shopping, spent $320 which is pretty normal, it was nice to be in a nice new, bright building. Our other 2 small supermarkets prob won't be in business for long though. Hopefully Target country is coming too! Now that would be good!
    Cheers Michelle

Hi everyone, Poor little Yasin has been having a yucky night. He's woken up three times already. I just gave him a big feed/cuddle and put him back to sleep so I hope it works for a while. His teeth seem to bother him on and off.
    Sorry no personals - DH is complaining (even though I only just turned the computer on) so I have to be quick.
    ](*,) ](*,)
    My Dad rang tonight to tell me he's getting married in september :shock: . I really don't know what to think.

Hugs Dasch to you on your Dad's news, I can understand it would be hard to know what to think. Who is the lady he is marrying, do you know her?

Hope Yasin feels better too, and don't you hate it when you get online and DH starts whinging, happens here too.

I am getting hungry now, have been trying to get out of here for the last 15mins so now I am going and I will come back later.

Cheers Michelle

Michelle, the woman that Dad's engaged to is an old girlfriend of his from before him and mum were married (so about 40 years ago!!). Her husband died a while ago so they've been comforting each other. I was kind of worried about dad because he seemed sort of lonely and depressed for a while there so its nice that he's going to have companionship again but I kind of wish that it was anyone but this chick. Mum couldn't stand her and she was always kind of rude to mum (that kind of rudeness that is never explicit enough to call them out for but just enough to set your teeth on edge IYKWIM - ie she sent a christmas card every year and always addressed it to dad and said 'hi to the children' but not mum). Also I can't stand her children. I dated her son very briefly when I was 16 and he turned out to be a total ****hole and her daughter came to stay with us once and told us she was a really good rider so I lent her my horse who sussed her out in seconds and dumped her on her bum. She threw a hissy fit and caught the next plane home to England/her mummy.
    Its really a tiny bit awkward when an ex (even one from so long ago that nothing happened with) might become your step-brother.
    DH says that just so long as dad is happy I'll just have to put up with it and try and be grateful that he's not miserable.......I geuss he's right but why her....... agghhh. I feel like an idiot because Mum once said that if she was ever out of the way that Jillian would marry Dad before her bed was cold and I laughed at her and said she was a bit paranoid. I geuss that she wasn't so silly as I thought.
    Yasin was up and down until 2.30 last night, he seems to be more toothy today so I geuss they were annoying him. At 2am I cracked and started sooking so DH settled him and then he stayed aasleep which was a relief because I think that if he'd started up again I would have put him up for adoption.
    I've spent most of the day shopping so I'd better go and put it away and do some housework before DH gets home so it looks like I've been busy.

my brother just rang - he's as stunned as me and because he's in Scotland Dad's asked him to go and visit his intended and make her feel welcome....ha ha I'm glad I'm not in his shoes.

oh no, Dachlostar. that's just so Charles and Camilla, isn't it!? I don't know what I'd do if I were you. What a f*&(*ed up situation... you want to be happy for your dad but you can't stand the woman nor her children and neither did your mom... arrrg... Does your dad know how you feel? Your poor brother having to go make a social call...

We had Wolf's 6 months check up yesterday. He weighs 8.2kg and is 70cms tall. His head is a whopping 46 cm! The paedeatrician was quite impressed with how far developed he is. She said he was more like a 9 months old when it comes to reflexes and motor skills, etc. (of course I was beaming with pride... )

Wolf is getting so close to crawling. His bum in the air, on his hands, rocking back and forth... luckily his playpen arrived yesterday! Just on time. Will have to assemble it today and see what he thinks of it (it's like a gate really, so you can just 'fence' him in somewhere against a wall or put it in front of stairs or stuff he's not supposed to reach).

Michelle, how scary on Jess choking! Did that wallbuddies woman get back to you? Or are you going to do the party with a different rep?

Michelle (mooshie) - oh no, I hope it's not a fracture!
    I can imagine it must be getting hard to b/f. I am struggling with Wolf - he is just so interested in everything else... *sigh* plus he keeps pulling on my skin with his little sharp fingernails and my boob has some kind of carpet burn on it now...
    Wolf is on 3 feeds of solids a day now. He does not eat enough to fully replace a b/f but we are getting close I think. He has veggies, fruit and cereal. Fruit is definitely his favourite. DH also sometimes gives him a little bit of bread with vegemite which he loves. Weird boy.. well, Aussie boy definitely...
    What are you guys feeding and how much do your babies eat?

Snowy

Hey girls

Dasch- that is a very hard situation for you to be in. I suppose your Dad doesn't have a clue how you feel. Isn't that funny how your mum had it right! I guess it is easy to say he shouldn't marry her but then again I guess you don't really want him to be sad and lonely, but still it doesn't help you much. So I am guessing your Dad isn't in Australia then? Does he live OS?

Snowy- jessica is a picky eater and drinker. She has a weetbix for brekky, after her bottle, then she has fruit/yoghurt for lunch and vegies for tea. Some lunchtimes she doesn't really eat enough to call it eating lunch though. But she still has 4 bottles although she doesn't drink 4 full 240mls, she prob is closer to drinking 4 x 180mls= about 700mls per day.

Jessica is getting so rough, I am sure it is cos of the others, but she was growling and grabbing at my necklace, it was sort of funny. She has a new word, she says Jo for Josh. So that makes Dad, Nan, Mum, JO & hello (you prob won't believe that but I swear it's true). She is also starting to copy our sounds, so if you make a high sound she will to, a growly sound and she will copy that. It's really cute. We only have 8 days left here, it's just not fair, I don't want to move up to the next room, maybe I should ban jessica from getting older! like that will help.

hope all of you are well
    Cheers Michelle

mooshie Guest

arhh i just deleted my post half way through

bugger

basically lani is fine - no fracture just an over cautious gp i reckon.

dachlostar - what a weird situation you find yourself in atm re your dad - chin up hopefully things will work out okay.

snowy - lani is like michelle's jessica basically 4 bottles per day plus a rollover at night - she is also a picky eater but we just go with the flow. my crazy mchn said to me the other day that you can tell the busy kinder/school mums a bottle is easier to give on the run rather than mucking around with solids - too true for me in the morning jay has kinder at 8.30 and lani doesn't wake until 7.30 so to have all 3 of us dressed and eaten and ready to go by 8.20 is a bit of a task, hopefully next year with school starting at 9am that extra 1/2 hr will make a little bit of a difference. when lani refuses to eat her food and i can't sit there and feed her (like busy cooking our dinner) i just give her a cruskitt with vegemite, then when i sit down to eat she eats whatever we are having generally - last night she ate chicken coq-a-vin and gobbled it up, however tonight i had a spicy stir fry so i gave her some meat sauce (frozen from a previous meal) and some cooked pasta, she refused point blank to feed from the spoon but ate it when i let her feed herself ](*,) arhh the mess she is so independant.

wow wolf is growing nicely - it is nice to hear they are going to well.

and michelle wow on jessica's talking, lani only says hello (well i think that is what it is lol) she says a lot of babble, i think she is going to talk her different jabberish language like her big brother did lol.

had a busy day took lani for xray at 9am then home for a quick nap, ds went swimming (and they want to move him up to the next level \/ ) came home had lunch then ds had a friend over for a playdate, then friends mum come to pick him up and we chatted and stuff till dinner lol. tomorrow i need to get cleaning the house so no bb for me in the next few days lol as friday i have lunch at my house for my friensd and their kiddies and then friday night i am having a creative memories party - i am not in the mood atm to scrapbook hopefully some inspiration will hit me soon lol.

oh and my sil is due to have her 1st bub on 10th june but i have been having really strong thoughts about her today, rang her this arvo no answer so i left a message - not one of those horrible haven't you had the baby ones lol - no return phonecall so something maybe happening. oh to much to many babies for me am to clucky lol.

well goodnight all and hope you all have a good weekend etc - i will try and log on over the weekend if i have a minute as there are a few babies making there entrance lol

Hi again, I was so caught up in my own dramas before that I've been totally slack with personals. DH is yelling at the TV (state of origin) so I've got a couple of minutes.
    Snowy, I checked out all your new pictures. Wolf is getting cuter by the month. I love the baby-swimming ones. Yasin has a little patchwork football just like Wolf's. He loves it, I roll it at him and get really excited on the occasions that he kicks it back.
    At the moment Yasin only has two meals of solids a day. In the morning he has baby cereal mixed with water and a bit of yoghurt in the evening he has whatever food he's got cooked up at the time. I used to put it all in the blender or attack it with the potatoe masher but yesterday I cooked up rice with grated carrot and really finely chopped beans and its gone down without any gagging so he's not going to get mush all the time from now on. It is easier blending it than chopping and grating but he's got to start eating bigger food at some stage. I'm really slack about giving him finger food - I should give him more but its so messy and I hate cleaning it up. We've dropped a boob feed during the day because he doesn't ask for it anymore.
    Michelle, clever Jessica talking so well. She really is in a hurry to grow up isn't she. I think its a great idea banning her from getting older. The choking incident must have been really scary. I have a theory with Yasin that says that the more dangerous something is the more he wants to play with it/stick it in his mouth I hope that Arron's knee isn't too bad. NSW just lost so DH is off to the gym to punch a bag for a while.
    Melbee, yay for the clapping. I've been trying to teach Yasin but he thinks that its a very funny spectator sport - even funnier if I make my hands into a mouth and pretend to bite him with it.
    Michelle, I'm sorry to hear about the lovely Lani's arm, ouchies. I hope that everything went well at the Drs and it wasn't fractured. I'm glad that the morning bottle was a sucess.

I've had most of my family on the phone tonight. I upset my sister because she didn't know that Mum didn't like Jillian #-o. My younger brother still hasn't rung but I gather that he's furious so I'd better ring him tomorrow and try and calm things down. Him and Dad argue alot and this is going to add fuel to the fire. At the moment Dad's living in Australia, the plan is that they're going to divide thier time beween Australia and England but she lives in Yorkshire and Dad hates the cold so I can't see him staying there in winter.
    DH spent yesterday with MIL and today he was suddenly all for control crying. Since usually when MIL tries to tell us how to look after Yasin and I disagree it sets off an arguement I just wrote down all the reasons I didn't want to do it on a piece of paper gave it to him in point form. It worked a treat, he gave up on the idea for now and I avoided an argument. I geuss from now on I'll just discuss any contentious issue on paper 8-[ 8-[. It seems a bit drastic but if it prevents arguements I geuss its worth it.
    OK!! time for me to shut-up now :-#

Michelle, we must have been posting at the same time. Congrats to Jay on being moved up a class :smt023 . I hope that your SIL is OK and her baby is on its way. It must be nice going a tiny bit early....... less waiting and a smaller bub to squeeze out.

Oh dear Dasch- sounds like you guys are gonna have to work through this, it is a big thing though (Your Dad this is) a parent remarrying, so I think you guys have every right to be upset.
    Good idea abou the paper arguement. it wouldn't work here cos Arron would refuse to read it LOL I must cook some rice for Jessica, hadn't introduced that yet. Sometimes I am stuck with what to give her.

Michelle- glad Lani's arm is ok. And yay for jay and his swimming level. Have a lovely time at the creative mem demo. I find them a bit slow cos if you are already into scrapping you are a bit held back, but it was fun. I was a bit bummed about scrapping too lately, I am trying to org at least once a month to get together with someone other than my mum to do some. Yhink me cousin is interested, just need to pick a date for it now.

Better go and do something, have to leave at 12.40pm to drop the kids at my gf's and go get my back done. Then this arvo I have to go find my niece something for her bday. have no idea what to get.

Have a good day everyone.
    Cheers Michelle

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast