Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 6 Months - 9 Months, October/November '05

Hi All,

Welcome Michelle and Alex. Sorry to hear the appt didn't go so well. Stinky MCHNs huh?

Nell - LOL on keeping your head above water! I'm very lucky that I have Shane at home full time, so I guess it doesn't seem anywhere near as bad for me as it does for full time Mums. And plus - I hated being pregnant soooo much, I figure I mayas well get it out of the way asap. Nature seems to have other ideas darn it!

Deb - hope MG went well

Dee - Ouchy on the biting. I fed Jenna twice in 2 hrs yesterday (just a top up) and she spewed everywhere. Gross. And we were out and I was wearing black. Very yuck. Isn't that interesting about the QV stuff - I'd heard that was fairly good on babies skin. Jenna does that same with the cats - I'm surprised she doesn't get bored of them, but nope - every time she sees them its like she's never met them before. Jenna was saying mumum too - but thats gone now, and she's started saying dada and caca or maybe gaga. Not sure. She still doesn't know what any of them mean, but has a right conversaation with them!

Dinky - LOL on the frog jumps. And I hear ya on the cold, we are just shaking one here - FINALLY!!! Sorry to hear about the funeral, I hope the girsl have lots of family to support them.

We went to the Meblourne Aquarium yesterday, adnn Jenna absolutely loved it!!!! It is great for babies from this age up I reckon, so Sarah - when you come down you should go there.
    We had a ticket from the entertainment book for buy one, get one free, and since I have a student ID, and shane has his pension card (he's not that old - its navy pension....) we got the three of us in for $15!!
    The oceanarium was awesome, I could have sat there for hours watching the fish, and even though jenna was way overdue for a nap, and very cranky, she perked up and had a ball for about 90mins. It was great!!

Fi

Nellbe that is great Matty's rash has nearly gone.

Fi sounds like you had a great day at Melbourne Aquarium. That is one place i would love to go to if we every get to come to Melbourne.

Sarah it must be great to hear Zander saying mumma. I have been teaching Alex is say it as well he just smiles at me when i do it.

Dinky i am so sorry to hear about your frined to you all.

Alex slept all night last night but i bet that won't last. They wanted to see him yesterday pass a small brick from one hand to another and he wouldn't do it but i know he can pass things from one hand to another as he did it when we got home.

Hiya all (sorry I am watching a western movie)
    Seems so long since I posted but as time flys it has only been a day or 2
    Michelle : MCHN sometimes don't understand that our bubs are going to perform all there tricks in the 20 minutes that they have allocated. If you know he does it, they should take your word.
    Fi: Sounds like fun at the aquarium, any news about your mum yet?
    Dinky: I'm sorry about your friend, poor little ones.
    Nelle: I'm glad Mattys rash has settled down
    Dee:Yah on the clever sleeping boy, oouch on the biting thou
    Deb: Hope you are enjoying the weekend!
    Sarah:Wow Zander is clever, baked beans might have to give that a whirl.
    Eliza is asleep again, she has got herself into a routine. I left her with Nick while I went into town and he gave her lunch and played. I got home and she was in bed playing and smelling horrific, apparently men can't smell!
    I made Nick change her, I could still see little bits of poo and had to bite my tongue. Well we thinks he is it and abit....hmm yes I have done this everyday for the past 8 months "do I brag"
    Bec

Michelle - I obviously totally read your post wrong, Mark has been shaking his head at me for the completely stupid things I`ve been doing in the last few days.

Fi - Isn`t it lovely when they rattled their new words off, Matthew woke up and the first thing I heard coming through the baby monitor was 'Mummum, Mumum, Mummum" Oh it`s so cute, I thought I heard him say "Daddad" This morning but not completely sure. Sounds like you had fun at the Aquarium, Matthew loves the fish at the loacl Pet Store

Nell - That`s great that Matty`s rash has cleared up.

Yay @ Eliza for getting herself into a routine LOL @men can`t smell, poor Eliza Ihope she didn`t get a sore bottom because of it.

Matthew slept through again last night, wish I could I tossed and turned all night. Went to the Markets today mainly because they had legs of lamb for $3.99kg which is a bargain considering Bi LO is $9.99kg. Been cooking up Potatoes and Pears since I got home, now just have to do the apple and the freezer should be stocked up again for the the boy.

Take Care

Deeanne

Guee I need you here Dee, you are an organsised mummy. I have a few sweet pot sitting on my bench looking at me!!
    Eliza's botty is fine, she doesn't seem to get much nappy rash! Probably because she don't poo all that much!
    It is raining here..poor Nick is out in it playing golf..I am silently praying for the biggest nastiest storm ever...who ever said that revenge is not sweet!. I do still love him but...lol
    Bec

Big meanie Bec!!

Yay that gramma might be coming to visit Fi The aquarium sounds great - Zander looves my dad's fish tank as it is. I think our week is pretty full up already though.

Aww Michelle, what happened at the nurse on Friday?

Sounds like Hayley is doing a similar crawl to Zander now Dinky.

Yes definately the heat makes Zander's eczema flare up Dee, it does the same on me as well. The two of us are a mess at the moment. Pinetarsol did the same to Zander as the QV did to Matthew. Yay on him saying mumum too - it's exciting isn't it?!

Anyone else TTC you asked Nell? I've decided to go off the pill 8-[ I have another 2.5wks and then I won't renew my prescription. I figure that way my body can get back on track before we start TTC for real in March. We'll just avoid DTD during O time, but if something happens it happens. Not likely though.

The baked beans are great Bec. I drain most of the sauce out then blend them up, if they're a bit runny I thicken them up with rice cereal. Zander absolutely loves them.

Bought some books today for Zander. Omi (Aaron's grandmother) gave him $75 gift vouchers to Angus & Robertson for his christening so we went shopping. I got this gorgeous one called Angel in The Water - it's from the point of view of a baby in the womb. He (it's gender isn't mentioned but I'll call it he!) talks about it being dark or not so dark, things growing on his hands and seeing mother for the first time. It's sooo cute.

Nellbe i forgot to say we are TTC again this is our first month of trying mad i know but i just love being a mum.

Sarah - Alex just didn't move a small brick she gave him from on hand to another also he doesn't roll she told me to sit him up more on the floor. I always have Alex sitting up when i can. I think she forgets that i have two kids to look after and a house to run. I know he can do all that but it still upset me i came home thinking i am a bad mother.

Deeanne - did you have a problem with using QV cream on Matthew ??
    I have used it the last few days on Alex's face and now it has gone all sore again.
    Can i come round for tea when you cook your lamb Dee ?

I went to K-Mart and brought a couple of toys for Alex and then put a couple of DVD's on layby for Kimberley hopefully i will not give them to her until her birthday.

Wow guys, there are some of you TTC!! Might wait and see how we are at the end of the year then decide. Such a big decision!

Michelle - you are not a bad mum, so please don't think that!

Sarah - hmmm baked beans I hadn't thought of that! great idea.

Fi - glad that the aquarim was a hit, at such a bargain too!

Bec - so did you get the storm you wanted??

Hope all are well.

Michelle - It was the QV Bath Oil which Matthew reacted so badly to, I`ve never seen a child so red as he was after his QV Bath plus he was crying hysterically and scratching madly, it was so very distressing for me. Since then I`m not touching any of the QV, it`s better to be safe then sorry. Sounds like the QV could be reacting with Alex`s skin. Have you tried the PaPaw Ointment? I use the Papaw ointment on Matthew`s face religiously every night and morning, the Sigmacort was starting to thin his skin so I quickly stopped and started on the Papaw, it`s marvellous stuff but it doesn`t work so well on his arms/legs or chest so on his arms/llegs/chest I put armomababy barrier cream unless he`s having a flare up then it`s sigmacort.

I`ll be back in a few minutes to carry on

Okay I`m back, Alister was yelling out at me that he caught a baby rabbit, it was actually a baby hare, so cute.

Now I can`t read the previous posts, I thought you were able to when editing, so I`ll post this and start afresh

Sarah - Yay for deciding to start TTC, you never know you might succeed first go I`m the same Sarah, have an eczema flare up as well, do you find with Zander that you can always see where the eczema is even when it`s not having a major flare up? At what age did you start giving Zander the baked beans? That book sounds lovely, I`ll have to keep an eye out for it.

Bec - LOL Did it storm? Glad Eliza`s botty was fine.

Michelle - Forgot to say we`re having the lamb tonight, well half the leg they were enormous, thought I`d dust off the slow cooker and do Kelly`s recipe, the smell has been teasing my taste buds all day. Alister has already told me that he`s not having it, kids hey!!!!

Matthew had his first taste of broccoli today and ate it so well, I mixed it with potato.

That's great Dee that Matthew enjoyed his broccoli. Have you found him knock anything back? My Matthew hasn't - its all gone done with no probs. lol.

Had a very hard night last night. Matthew woke at 10.30pm and it took us until 1.30am to get him back to sleep. I thought it may have been teeth as he was upset so bad and this morning, yep there they are, the 2 front toothy pegs just breaking the surface. Poor little man.

I can't believe that in 1 week Zander will be 8 months old :shock:

Zander's the same not knocking back any food Nell, well almost! He has decided he's sweet enough so he doesn't want fruit! If I mix it up with rice cereal he's ok though. Awwww poor Matty with his teeth

It's horrible isn't it Dee. Zander's eczema is pretty well constant unless I have the sigmacort on him. The pawpaw cream you use, is it in a red tub/tube. As for the baked beans we tried them 2wks ago, only cos that's when I thought of it! I figured there's not that much salt & sugar in them & I drain most of the sauce of anyway so they should be ok.

Sarah - I know what you mean by the eczema being pretty well constant, I try to only use it for a few days then go onto Aromababy for a few days then back onto sigmacort not that it really does anything to help. Yes the Papaw onitment is in the red tube or tub. My goodness the time has flown.

Nell - Poor Matthew and his teeth, I hope you get a better night tonight. My Matthew was a bit grizzly yesterday afternoon and has red cheeks today so I`m wondering if he`s teething again, Mark also thought he saw a couple of white spots on his top gumline. Matthew seems to like everything he`s been given so far, especially if I mix it with pear LOL

Nell - Hope Matty has a better night for you tonight.

Sarah - I can't believe Zander is going to be 8 months old soon.

Deeanne - I will stay away from the QV cream maybe let Paul use it. lol
    I'm on the next plane so hold off from eating tea until i get there
    We are having lamb chops tonight.

I gave Alex a little bit of chicken last night as the CYN said it was ok and also i could give him so cheese so i did that as well he liked it. He wouldn't take his food for Paul but it eat it ok for me.
    He was back to waking last night but only for a feed.

LOL Michelle you`ll have to ignore the mess on the kitchen table when you arrive

That`s great Alex liked his chicken and cheese

Helloooooo
    BIg day here yesterday, so didn't get time to post - or even get on the computer! I was sewing most of the afternoon which was bliss.

We then had a bad night with the moozer - dad ended up sleeping with her in the spare bed after we battled from 10 til 11:30. Grrrr. We think it was the cheese she had with dinner - definitly tummy pains as she kept kicking and bringing her knees up!

Busy week huh Sarah Hope I get to see you for a little while at least. I'm hoping the clucky mums too be will babysit the little ones while we grab our lunches. What do you think our chances are?
    Wouldn't it be funny if you got BFP the first month?

Yay for broccoli Dee. Jenna liked it, but now isn't so sure on it. Its horrid in poos - all bitty. LOL.

Nell - bummer about the night, but how exciting on the teeth! He'll be a real little man soon. Or at least a boy. Maybe a toddler?

If you guys didn't want to try bakes beans from a tin, you could make your own? Kidney beans I think? Soak them in water for a whiel I spose, or maybe boil them up? A tin sounds heaps easier....

You aren't mad michelle - just a little eccentric like all us mums wanting more!!! I've been feeling a bit off colour this last week, lots of nausea and dizzy spells. Not sure why. I'm pretty sure I'm expecting AF this week not any pink lines. Its making me remember how much it sucks to be pregnant - WHAT AM I DOING?????

Fi

Hi girls,
    Fi, I remember how much you hated being pg with Jenna... but you never know this time could be different. Alecia's Aunty is having her second in March (she had her first in Feb this year) and she said she is enjoying it heaps more this time. I actually don't mind being pg.... just impatient!! I hope your feeling yuck for a good reason tho. I sooo wish we were ttc.... So don't mind me when I cling onto you girls when you are all up the Duff again... I'll live out my cluckyness with you girls
    I was just thinking this morning I would love a sewing machine so I could make me some clothes... I am soooo poor and you can tell 8-[

I hope Alex slept well for you last night Michelle. Bumma about him only taking his food from you... it is always good for a few mins break when someone eles feeds them
    So have you given in and given Kimberley the DVD's yet?

Sarah I am hearing you on hte nearly 8mo thing Unbeleavable, huh? On the baked beans thing... I get the little tins that are salt reduced
    I hope your ttc journey is much shorter this time around. I think it is great everyone ttc again... more babies for me to goo and gaa over

Nell.... sorry to hear that Matty had trouble with his teeth the other night. I hope it the worse of them.

Dinky... (((hugs)))

We are all doing well here... Violet has started clapping her hands... too cute
    Ummm... surely more than that has happened around here.... urgh! My memory is shocking

Tanya

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast