Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 9 Months - 12 Months, May '05

Kellee Guest

Hi everyone,

Well, I was looking forward to joining this thread with gusto, but my plans seem to have been put on hold. Either DH or myself has a rehearsal or gig every night this week, so my internet time is limited. Rest assured, I am reading all of your posts and seeing how your little gals and guys are going, but I don't always have time to post. It's crazy! I wanted to have a little bit more outside (as in work) stuff to do, but it never rains it pours!

Anyway, glad to see that everyone is well. Charlie is doing ok too, although we had a shocker last night - teeth stuff. Hope it gets better soon!

Someone just hurt himself - better go.

We've been having teething nightmares all day too....wish she'd get one!

What do you play Kellee? Have I asked this before? I'm sorry if I have, and I'll blame it on mummy mush brain 8-[

Just asking because I studied double bass for 12 years and at uni and played with orchestras around Santa Barbara until I moved to Sydney... not as many gigs, not enough to live on unfortunately. Then I became addicted to having my nights free ykwim...

LilG Guest

Wow, it seems like teething allround. Ethan is also having issues today as he is getting his 5th tooth, front top right. Poor little man has nappy rash to accompany the teething, it is the only time he seems to get it. I hate putting the cream on and listening to his cries.

The real estate just left, managed to get the pigsty cleaned up in time. Why do they always want to come right in the middle of Ethan's sleep time? :-$ We can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, we have had the house on the market for just over a year! We have had an offer, but it looks like this new one may be interested as well, I can't wait until I have concrete plans put in place and we can settle into new surroundings somewhere and I won't have to worry about the real estate anymore. \/

Other than that nothing much else is new in this household.

I can understand how tired you must be Christy working on your feet all day and then non-stop at home. I would be dead.

Anyway, chat soon.

Gayle

Happy 11 months Matilda!!! Asha is 11 months tomorrow. I have done her invitation, just waiting for Ryan to come home with new printer cartirdges so I can print them out!!!

Asha has been grizzly and had a sore bottom for a week or so now and still no teeth!!!!!!!!!! Christy I so know how you feel ... it would be nice to got hrough the teething thing with an end product!!! Bets on girls ... who will get their 1st tooth first???? Asha or Matilda??? LOL

Asha has been really violent that last few days, whacking me in the face and scratching the kids. She pulls my glasses off and today at day care she pulled someone's hair. The funny thing is they tried to pull her hair and she doesnt have enough to pull LOL!!!!

Asha has moved on to eating our food now. She had vegetables and cheese sauce last night and will have the same tonight! She had fish fingers at day care yesterday and had sausages for lunch today. Tomorrow she will have rice and mince! She loves it and is a real little piggy!

Christy ... I hear you about the work thing. I do 3 days and 2 nights I can hardly be bothered doing anything (Mon & Tues) then Wed night the one night I don't have to get any work done I have footy training for Jack and am in demand to tell the parents what is happening!!! Still I wouldn't have it any other way! (well that's not technically true ... one powerball ...). I have no solutions for you ... but I can sympathise although Asha doesn't get as full on as you have described Matilda.

Gayle, glad to hear you got the house cleaned up in time. i am always in such a state when we have a rent inspection that I clean for days and panic that I have forgotten something and they will kick us out LOL ... I know it won't happen but I can't help it. Still hopefully in the next couple of years we will get a place of our own. We have almost paid off the debt that Ryan's XW left him with so once that is out the way we will be able to finally get ahead! I can't wait, although we have to decide where we will live as I would like to live around where we are now and also in a place further south which would mean the kids changing schools, which I am not so keen on. I guess there is no point worrying about it right now. Good luck on the selling of your house ... I am sure it will all fall into place very soon.

Kellee ... I too find it hard to find time to post but as you can see from this post once I start is hard to get me to stop and I need to catch up everything at once. So right now is the time, although I can hear Asha getting worked up for dinner so this will get cut short!!!

Okies better go ... has been great catching up although I haven't done a very good job. Will try and get back again later in the week as I have so much more to tell you all.

Cheers

Hi Everyone,
    Sorry I have not been around of late. My dad passed away just over a week ago and I really not dealing with it at all. I was lucky enough to get to speak to him....the nurses said it was a miracle he woke up at all as he had a stroke. He was only in hospital to get his regular pain relief via a drip....
    But back to what this forum is about.......great to read what all the bubs' have been up to lately and all the mile stones that they have reached.
    Belated birthday wishes to everyone who's kids have had birthdays.

Yvette - how are you going? You must be so excited about having identical twins! You must also be tired too! Hope that you are going ok.

Kayne will be 1 months tomorrow and has a very cheeky grin. His walking has progressed to running...especially when he has something he is not supposed to and I see him. He just bolts down the corridor.
    he was very cheeky at the hospital when I was with dad. Dad was unconscious and Kayne decided he would shake the bed and dad woke up. I am sure it is just a coincidence but maybe not. he also decided to pull at dads oxygen mask when I got him to touch my dad...it flicked dad in the face...but it made my dad laugh and Kayne did his cheeky laugh back at dad. It is a nice memory of dad laughing.
    Sorry I keep going back to dad!

I am supposed to be organising Kaynes 1st birthday party but I dont know what to do. Has anyone got any ideas of what to do ? The last 1st birthday I did was 12 years ago and it was a traditional 'italian' thing that meant all the relo's over. I dont want it to be about the relo's - I want it to be about the kids and a happy affair!
    Any ways I better go - so behind with all the housework and all that stuff!

Everyone 'take care'

Hey.. so sorry about your dad.. It know it may sound strange, but im sure it is a positive that you got to speak to him.. lots of prayers for you..

K

Thanks Kirbay831.
    Yeah it was a miracle that he woke up. He knew I was there and he knew I loved him heaps. Just missing him so much.........Even though I am 35 I still need my daddy.
    Thanks for your kind thoughts

*hugs* Marisa it must be such a hard thing to be going through, I hope you get some time to grieve.

Matilda's first is going to be a BBQ in the park for 2 hours in the arvo. Sausages & fairy bread...not very fancy. We were thinking of putting if people want to bring presents than a book would be nice, that way we can increase the book collection and people won't feel obliged to get anything big ykwim?

Thanks Christy,
    A BBQ sounds like a good idea - but being Melbourne it will probably be shocking weather like it was the night he was born!
    I guess I better get my butt into gear and come up with an idea.

LilG Guest

Marisa, so sorry to hear about your Dad, I am so glad you got to speak with him and he had some enjoyment before he passed. Our thoughts are with you. Please don't feel concerned that you are talking about your dad in your post, I am sure I speak for the others when I say that we are only too happy to hear about him, whatever you need to say, we are here to listen.

I have no idea what we will do for Ethan's 1st birthday either, I don't even know if we will still be in this house. I don't want the whole "big deal" like it was for his naming day, I couldn't relax and didn't get to have a decent conversation with anybody as DH and I were madly rushing around catering for everybody. Pity he is a bit too young for a Macca's party :smt016

What do you guys do for bad nappy rash, I hate to see Ethan suffering, I just wish these teeth would come up. I have had nappy off time, put his bum in the sun, when he isn't crawling off the towels, I have used the cornstarch powder, I have put the sudocream on - any suggestions?

Keep smiling everyone!
    Gayle

oh we've only had it once just recently and we did the nappy off thing for an hour or so and also I wound up changing her nappy heaps more frequently and we got some special stuff from the chemist dekazin? or something like that which is for nappy rash & yeast infections, but Matilda just had the nappy rash with blisters & it helped in a few days. HTH!

I use Benpanthen or paw paw ointment ... Asha's clears up quickly with those. If she has thrush I use Daktarin, it is thrush cream mixed with a zinc cream so it stays where it should instead of being wiped on to the nappy straight away.

Cheers

Hi
    My mother in law is an ex nurse and ex MCHN and she wreckons zinc cream is the best. I have used the Heinz Sudocrem which came in my bounty bag. I thinks that is brilliant. You can get it from Safeway.

*Yvette* Guest

Christy, yes it's getting harder picking Angus up & bending down generally with the belly. Lucky I have DH and the girls to help.

Hi Gayle. PJs at 12.30! Sounds like someone busy with a baby, lol. I'm still in my dressing gown at the moment. Good luck with selling the house, dealing with agents is such a hassle. I've only used Sorbolene occasionally for Angus, his botty has been mostly fine. When Lola was a bub I used Curash powder which I found very good.

Hi Kellee. When you do post regularly like me it can take an awful lot of time to keep up with. I'm trying to ration my time a bit, but it's so addictive. Nice to hear that you have a life away from the puter. What do you play? I play guitar (& drums but not for years).

Hi Kelly. Sounds like Asha's doing really well with her food. Angus is not a bad eater, but makes such a mess and throws things all over the floor. And he refuses to wear a bib, so change of clothes often needed after a meal, arrrrggghhhh.

Hi Marisa. So sorry about your father. It's nice that you have that memory of him laughing with Kayne. Feel free to talk about him, I'm sure it's a good part of the grieving process.

No birthday ideas from me I'm afraid. Angus' is in a couple of weeks, and we'll just be having my parents and brother over. Although I have made some new friends on BB, I'm just not up to organising anything, so we're doing a quiet family thing.

Hi Kirby, love your new avatar, very girly!

Still snot city here, but I think we've turned the corner. I mangaged to put some blankets on Angus last night without waking him up, which was good. I worry about him getting cold at night now. Putting socks inside his pj pants with the feet is helping, and not closing the door completely, so when I go in the door doesn't make a noise.

Lots of birthdays coming up. We'll get a nice cake for Angus & I want to get him some nice board books. He has so many toys already from his big sisters - I kept all the best things. We have some serious videoing to do too, with him just newly walking, so cute!

Hi
    Kayne always tosses his blankets off - so I have now invested in one of those grobags. They are expensive but I find them quiet good. Seems to keep Kayne warm. They have differnt levels of warmth. I have gone for the warmest one coming into winter.

LilG Guest

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your suggestions on the nappy rash, it has almost cleared up with the sudocream and nappy off time, plus I have been using cornstarch powder too. Ethan's tooth can be seen almost busting through the skin, I told him he is almost a big boy with his two front top teeth, lol.

I wanted to get a Grobag but couldn't justify the cost of them at the moment (on one wage ) so I did the next best thing and got a cheaper polar fleece sleeping bag from target or Big W, he has two of them and absolutely loves them and it keeps him toasty warm and guess what, he slept in until almost 8 am thismorning, I didn't know myself, mind you the stupid dog kept barking every two hours all through the night so we got a bad nights sleep anyway, Ethan slept like a log all the way through.

Anyway, must fly, heaps of things to do.
    Keep smiling everyone. Love to the munchkins.

Gayle

*Yvette* Guest

Marisa I"ve seen the sleeping bags, but they look like they'd be too tight over his PJs, and you want the PJs on as well, or you're not getting any extra warmth. So what are these Grobags, how much are they and where do you get them? Can you fit them over PJs? How do you adjust the warmth? Lil do the ones you've got fit over the sleeves of the PJs? What size did you get? Angus is in 00 or 0 PJs I think.

LilG Guest

Hi Yvette,

Ethan is in size 0 clothes and PJ's and he has a size 0 sleeping bag, the pjs fit under the sleeves no problems and the rest of the bag has enough room for him to move around in and kick his legs if he wants to.

Grobags are available online or you can get them at any good baby shop I think. That website might have a list of stockists which will stop you paying postage. From the last I looked into them they were about $80-90 each, not including postage, but they are good quality. Grobags don't have sleeves, they look like a singlet arrangement so the pj's just go underneath.

But, honestly I think the sleeping bags do the same job at the moment and they are a lot cheaper and they grow out of things so fast.

Also, there are other places that make the sleeping bags so perhaps look into them too to find one which is cheaper.

Gayle

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast