Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 16th - 30th 2008 #1

Damn - she woke up just as I hit submit!!!

Afternoon ladies,

Grubi: Poor you. If Wyatt get's like that I just let him have a little cry. It isn't going to kill him, unless DS is around and can reach Wyatt.

I might have to go and give it a try, but DH wants the cash in hand and then go and buy it. Problem with that is DH never finished work before the store closes. He just being a big PIA at the moment. He wants to talk to sales person 'cos you never know the sales person might be ripping me of. (Being a woman)

Sharon: I so love living right across the road from the school. But I remember them days when DS was first born and we didn't live here, it was harder. WE also had a few clothes changed moments before we were due at school. But now I can kick DD out fron door, and watch her walk across the road and know she is safe, all the while I am still in my PJ.... DS stayed in his all day yesterday...

Anyway better go, it's feeding time at the zoo. And there are some lunch dished which need to be washed and Wyatt needs a nap. (maybe)

Cheers
    Sarah

HI Guys...
    Im definately moving in...wrong side of the month an all...Im moving in anyway!

Grubi, we get leakers when we are out too...never at home...only when out!
    BJ has a habit of doing the "heading out the door" spew....though I have a feeling its my fault...we are usually in a hurry so I grab him off the floor, fling him onto my shoulder, then its the bend to get the bag...then bend to pat the cat goodbye, then turn the alarm on and bounce down the stairs, open the door then..."PLER" spew....(Usually with a pler sounding vocalisation as well...charming I have to say!).

Sharon I can't believe your dentist had spare time...that NEVER happens to me...well...my chiro does...but then, I have a feeling he has a soft spot for our family (they bought BJ a PP outfit when he was born...mind you, he still doesn't fit into it!) and he pretty much sees us as soon as we walk in!

Well my mums group finished up last week...can't say Im disappointed really, as horrible as that sounds...I just didnt click with any of the mums there anyway and it was at 1pm...sight on bottle and bed time so best that its over!

oh and on a personal note (cause clearly its all about me!) MY SISTER MIGHT BE COMING HOME IN SEPTEMBER!
    She lives in London and hasn't met BJ yet...(seen heaps of pics, and has spoken to him on the phone though) I cannot wait!!!!

Mum and dad are coming to visit tomorrow and maybe my brother too...I should go do some washing and sorting and stuff...I can finally switch BJs clothes from Newborn to 000!!!

BabyWrangler Yay, so glad you've decided to come in here. That's when Oliver usually has a chuck too, when we are in a rush LOL. My dentist doesn't usually have free time, but the patient he just finished as we walked in finished sooner than expected. Yay to your sister coming home, that will be so cool for her to finally meet BJ. Is she just coming for a holiday, or back home for good? I was actually born in London, we lived in Wimbledon till I was 3, then moved to a place called Milton Keynes, about an hour north of London, then we moved over here when I was 11. My uncle and aunt have just got back from a 2 month holiday with my Aunt who is still over there.
    sarah If I didn't have to get out of the car at Jordan's school, I would always be driving him in my PJ's, there are many days when I would just love to have a PJ day, I love them, especially in winter.
    alittlegrubi I hate it when Oliver has days when I can't put him down. Do you think she could be coming down with something?

Had a nice day today, went up the mountains (only 20 mins away) to a friends place, and she gave me and my BF a pedicure, with french gels, I didn't get the gels as I have an ingrown toe nail that has got infected so I have to wait and I can get that done another day. When then had pies for lunch and chocolate cake after, very tasty indeed.

BW glad to have you as a buddy. My mothers group finished 4 weeks ago, but we all organised to continue meeting, I didn't think it would happen given the diversity and it can be hard to click in those initial sessions. We have a quiet lady, a bubbly one, an older 40s mum, 2 18 year olds - one engaged one split from the father, one professional lady and myself. There was another but she stopped coming before the end of the 6 weeks - maybe she didn't feel she clicked with any of us. It is a shame that yours ended when the MCHN ends them, didn't the idea of continuing come up at all? Mind you if you weren't clicking, you might not have continued anyway. I don't see the mothers group i joined with DS, even though 3 of the 5 have their second child within months prior to DD. Another one is due in January - I see her at birthday parties as her DD goes to the same daycare as DS, but we don't arrange to meet up socially otherwise. At least you have us

Sharon Umm yes the red cheeks and conjuncting eye are an indication that she is coming down with something. Oh time for me - I am green with envy! Must organise something with my BF.

Sarah ...because sales people never rip off men

It's funny I avoid PJ days at all costs, maybe because I feel the day isn't productive if I haven't gotten dressed, or is it just my routine now - I don't know. With the weather lately I could have PJ days as we hardly venture out with the wind and rain.

Quote Originally Posted by alittlegrubi View Post
    It's funny I avoid PJ days at all costs, maybe because I feel the day isn't productive if I haven't gotten dressed
    I find my PJ days are my most productive

Sharon - I just don't find many days productive at all of late. Take today up at 6.30am after DS hassled me to get up Mummy. Got him ready for daycare. Had shower, got dressed, breakfast - self and DS, feed Greer, check on Ebay - need to answer question etc. Finish last night's conversation with DH via email, speak to mum on phone, change and feed Greer, get organised to go food shopping, do the shopping, put away fridge/freezer groceries, feed Greer - deal with her crying, respond to DH's emails, go back to Coles as yoghurt I bought expired last Sunday - yuk, go to mothers group, pick up DH, put away rest of the shopping, talk to DH quickly as he is going to be late home - training at work, speak to workmate whilst feeding Greer, give DS some snacks and put on a DVD for him, put away the rest of the shopping, get Greer off to sleep, help DS go potty, get myself a drink, deal with DS having a poo in his pants, post on BB, put DS in bath, back on BB and I feel like I have done nothing all day.

grubi my days are like yours, filled up with an interminable series of little jobs. washing, picking things up off the floor, making phone calls, cooking, washing dishes, shopping (including walking slowly to shops with dd in sling and ds stopping to look at things and climb on fences on the way), dealing with tantrums, wiping bottoms etc etc etc... then, sometime around midnight, at last to sleep until it all begins again the next day. you are NOT unproductive - getting through the day with kids fed and cared for, and hopefully yourself and dh fed and cared for, is as much as can be expected.

that's all from me for now - MUST get to bed earlier tonight. Those PJs are calling! (I don't have PJ days but I was given some ug boots when dd was born and they stay on my feet all day when i'm home - boy are they comfy!)

Default Is it just me or....

have both sides gotten quieter since the split?
    ATM with them being so quiet I have been popping in next door, but I don't think it will last. Like MGM posted on the other side, it gets confusing with attempting to do both. Though exciting news for MummyMeg on the otherside - if you haven't already read DP propsed on her birthday.
    Nothing much to add today, so far its the same kind of day as the last 3 where I can only put her down for a few minutes before the screaming starts, but she seems okay at night - actually thinking about it we had more awake times last night. 10pm, 11.30pm, 2am, 4.30am and 6am. Maybe a growth spirt?
    BW I was thinking about your post whilst in bed last night and realised that two of my three BILs - sister's husband and DH's brother still haven't seen DD at all. Not the same as your sister not seeing BJ, but it made me realise that was the case.

mgm I have been thinking of giving Oliver his sneaky feed a little earlier so that I can go to bed earlier too, will see how it goes, but with this cold weather I don't think it will matter what time I go to bed I still won't want to get up at 6am
    alittlegrubi I think things where starting to get quiet when we where all together in one thread, so naturally it is going to seem even quieter with 2 threads, I also think that because I bubs are at that stage where they like to play and love attention from 'mummy' it makes it a little harder to get on here regularly

As for me, not much happening really, got first AF since Oliver was born on Monday and she was a real cow! Jordan and Oliver had their photo's taken in the shopping centre the other week, you know the ones where you pay $7 and get a free pic and then they get entered into competition, went to pick up photos today and BOY, do they try hard to get you to buy the package, even after 3 smaller offers I still refused, I just can not justify spending $100 on 2 8x10 photos! My complimentary one that i got though is gorgeous

Oh, and I have added more pics to my gallery if anyone is interested.

Sharon I suppose you're right. If it wasn't for DD being a real grizzly grumper ATM I probably wouldn't be here either. Oliver is looking adorable. Maybe I should spend my time loading photos too.
    How are you ebay listings looking?
    I listed heaps of clutter matter, including DS's old clothing just to get rid of them as opposed to putting them in the Good Sammy bin - I thought I'd try Ebay first. My first lot just finished, most at 99cents 16 sold 14 didn't.

Ok I uploaded a few photos - http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...t=914&ppuser=0
    Last edited by alittlegrubi; July 24th, 2008 at 03:39 PM. Reason: photo link

alittlegrubi just had a look at your pics, they are gorgeous, love the one with her fist in her mouth, looks like she is trying to shove as much in as possible. Ebay stuff doing OK, monitor going for $70 so far, and the dress is up to $19, all up the sale prices are up to $160+ so i'm happy with that, anything that doesn't sell will end up at the salvos, I HATE clutter, and DH is such a hoarder LOL

As for family members not seeing Oliver, my brother, who only lives an hour away, still has not made the effort to come and see Oliver, I refuse to go and see them, my SIL has been 15 mins from me on a couple of occasions and she hasn't even bothered to 'pop' in, i'm sick of it always being me that has to make the effort to go and see them, so quite frankly, I don't give a damn!

I suppose the only way we can increase the 'chatter' on this thread is to just keep posting, even if it's to just let everyone know we are still around, I don't mind reading everyone's day to day stuff, even if it's nothing very exciting.

Will pop in for more detail and reading later...just wanted to add to the relatives thing, that DH's mum has not even met benjamin yet, despite living just 45 minutes away....my family are an hour and a half away and they come up every 2 weeks or so!

BW OMG that is unbelievable, don't you and DH get along with your MIL? What number grandchild is he? Even my Dad drove the hour to the hospital without smoking because they had DS in the car when DD was born. My parents even took her overnight a couple of weeks ago, which my MIL would never dream of doing until she is older.
    We had friends complain to us about another friend not coming to see them when their DS was born, not realising they never came to the hospital when I had DS and only get to see DD when she was 7 weeks old because we went to their DS's christening, they still haven't been over to our house in the past 6 weeks. As for my sister, she came to the hospital, but I have to take DD to her if she is going to see her, which she has twice because I have asked her to look after DD whilst I went to the dentist, but won't be doing that anymore - will get BF to look after her. She has made way more effort and will be DD's Godmother because of it.
    GTG try to put her to sleep as the whinging has started.

Hi Grubi!
    We got along fine, until I was in labour for 36 hours, and after 24 I sent a message out (to everyone who knew mind you) saying "WHilst we understand that everyone is keen to know what is going on, please rest assured when we have any news we will let you know, but at this stage, we need to focus on what is going on, so will no longer be accepting calls or responding to sms's"
    Which I thought was polite enough.
    She decided we only sent it to her, and that was my way of saying "I want nothing to do with you"
    (Have also found out she is upset she wasn't invited to the birth....NO ONE was ever gonna be in ther but DH) anyways....she called DH the day after BJ was born, and after a heated convo, hung up on him and we havent really heard since...she didnt call or anything for my b'day OR DH's....we did get an sms when BJ was in hospital.
    We have had several visits from DH's step dad though (and she and stepdad are separated...the one person who has NO relation to BJ at all, calls him his grandson...)

Anywho....

alittlegrubi I really do hate people who complain about something but they usually end up being the worst offenders.
    BabyWrangler your MIL sounds like a 'cow' it is your decision who you have in the room with you when you give birth, there is no way on this earth I would have my MIL watch me give birth.

Well, i'm off to bed, see (well read) you all tomorrow

BW, your MIL sounds awful!! How petty, as for people making an effort. My BIL lives in the US but has not even called my DH tto congratulate us. I hadnt even realised, but my DH mentioned it about a month ago and was quite upset. Now I am stewing about it all the time. DH wants him yo be Godfather in return for him being godfather to one of BILs kids, but do we really want someone who hasnt even called to congratulate us??
    Daphne is pretty good - its such a change from the banshee she was for the first 7 weeks. Its so cute after her night feed when I wrap her back up she just turns her head to the side and closes her eyes before I've even put her in the cot!! I just want to tell her how proud of her I am!
    Can I ask about Farax? Does it really make them sleep longer? Mum keeps telling me to put some in her night feeds (she doenst understand why Daphne isnt sleeping through....). SHould I start now? Opinions please!!

Hi Clueless
    Bj has been on solids for 2 weeks now morning and night and his sleep pattern hasnt really changed. I stil get up at least once a night
    But he's happy so I don't mind!

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast