Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 1st - 15th 2008 #1

Wow! All your bubbies are doing so well!!
    Yesterday we got our first laugh! (cant stop him now!) And today we got our first roll over (kind-a). Unfortunatly it was while he was laying on our shop counter, but I got him before he fell off, if only he had waited till we got home and had some floor time. I some times wonder if having to run a business as well as raise him would be detrimental to his development. At least we know he's a "people" person. He loves chatting up the customers from his pozzy on the counter.
    Does any one still have probs with the hernias? I remember before, when I joined this forum we all seemed to have umbilical hernias. Hunters has just about resolved now. It got up to the size of a 20cent piece.
    No teeth yet...(thank heavens).. the reflux is enough, but the medication seems to be working. He's just hungry ALL the time, some times feeding hourly, The Paed wants us to try solids, ...easier said than done... he pushes it out of his mouth and then smooshes it everywhere, I'm still finding rice porrage on the sofa, my clothes, hair.......

Wishing Sleep to all

We tried solids, and I am back off them now as his cheeks reddened. I have him on an ultradose of probiotics and yeast killing again. He seemed ok on banana and pear, but I gave him organic brown baby rice and I think grains are too harsh on his little system yet. Solids are only for the taste at this age anyway... so I'm not too concerned.

His sleep is up ***** creek again as his second tooth hit the surface.

Boy oh boy o, I hate the first year! I love it, but I also hate it. Is that possible?

it's more for calories than taste, that we're on solids. because he's feeding so often, and feeding at night so often again.

Hi all

We tried some rice cereal on Monday night, Baxter's face said it all! Never again! The video DH took is priceless. So he had a little suck on an apple wedge and didn't mind it. I'll mash up some banana at lunchtime and see how he goes with that.

Sorry to you all with bubs still waking overnight, please don't hate me when I say that Baxter slept from 8.00pm til 7.00am last night....longest sleep ever, the past three mornings he's woken at 5.50am, only to come into bed with us and go back to sleep. Cheeky monkey!

Also, Happy Half Birthday Baxter! See my ticker. And to all our bubs too!

Going away for the weekend, we have a wedding in Mandurah, DH is in the bridal party and I am saying a reading, looking forward it.

Hope you are all well.

SG
    xo

PS - no teeth yet, AND we are still wrapping! Argh!

OMG Shoegal! I'm from Rockingham!! (well Safety Bay to be exact!) Where are you??

Hunter slept thru 8pm till 6am for about a month then went back to 3 times a night... just when you think you've got them trained.....
    Last edited by MagicSeahorse; October 9th, 2008 at 02:20 PM. Reason: need to add...

Lisy, I'm 2 hours SE of Perth, in a tiny town you've probably never heard of!

SG
    xo

Ha! try me! I know WA like the back of my hand!
    DH is from Katanning too. (cant remember how to spell that, too tired)

You spelt Katanning right! Will PM you.

SG
    xo

That's what you get when you are trying to think with a baby crying and you're dead tired!
    I miss WA so much. Would love to have a BB friend back there. We seem to be very similar in circumstance. I took my angels down off my signature, so I could focus on Hunter, but there was one the same as yours up there.

Copied from other thread

Ok...well...I do apologise for being AWOL.

We are in teething hell at the moment.
    My poor little fella has cut his first tooth with no hiccups, but the following ones are giving him a tonne of grief...

He wants his dummy, but it must hurt...wants a bottle, but spits it out, wants to sleep, but just can't settle, wants to be cuddle, but then arches his back when you sit with him (altitude disease!)

We've tried all I can think of at this stage:
    Baltic Amber teething necklace (and bracelet)
    Bonjela
    SM33
    Brauers Teething relief
    Horleys teething tablets
    cold things (including vegies, but he won't eat them cold
    rusks
    Chompy toys
    Chomping on mummy
    Panadol works as a last resort, but we don't want to do that too often.

People keep suggesting Nurofen, but I have an anaphylactic reaction to it so we don't want to risk that!

My last line of defense is trying to hunt down 2 of the TLISMI MOTI indian teething pendant (apparently 2 works better than one).
    I've found them on ebay, but they will take 2 weeks to get here!
    My sister is a nanny in london and the little fella she looks after is 12months old, cut his first 5 teeth, then a massive back molar, she said he had no dramas, and he wears 2 of the TLISMI MOTI pendants....

I just need to find some in Oz.

hi there i hope i can join you, my daughter was born 11days late on the 9th of april 2008.

is this the right group

yep its the right group!!!

Welcome....

Thank you. at the moment we are breastfeeding well. solids arent to popular with her.. and neither is the coolboiled water she has in her bottle. she just wants boobies. she cant live on boobies can she. :P

and she and her brother and in cloth all day and disposables at night

Yeah we are still boobie fed here and full time cloth users!!!

I am trying more so infant led solids so finger foods, which she loves!! (not that much goes in) she not a fan of vegies yet, but like mango and cooked apple.

might be the way to go here too. because she likes to grab her rusk and it goes straight in her mouth. even though she has no teeth she definatly is slowly eating it. its amazing. i love going through this stage all over again.. the exploration

Yeah we have one tooth here.... and another 3 just ready to cut

she loves her bickies... i have been giving her arrow root biccuits and they go down a treat.. as well as up her nose, in her hair but she gets so excited when she sees one

does anyone else have a girl named ruby?

Hi K.A.L., Welcome to the thread.
    Hey Shoegal, how did the wedding go? Did you have a chance to show Baxter the ocean? if so,How did he take it? Taking hunter to WA for a few days in a weeks time for a family do, cant wait to take him to the beach.

We had intended to be fully cloth nappies too, but Hunter was so small when he was born, that he had to go into disposables, then when he was big enough, we had gotten used to the convenience. Mind you even though we feel very guilty about using disposables, the amount of detergents, bleaches and phosphates that go down the drains with cloth kind of balances it out. Plus it has been proven that there is only a tiny part of the nappy that isnt biodegadable, and in fact, worms LOVE to eat most of the nappy. So my guilt is usaged.
    Well thats my 2 cents worth.
    (At least I was able to breast feed even if I didn't get my natural, painkiller free, birth, and couldnt go all organic. Babies never go to plan. Babies don't understand "plan". Just like they don't understand "stuck in traffic" when they are hungry, and your driving.)

Congrats on the teeth! (Not looking forward to that!)

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast