Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #13

abs Guest

that's alright Bel - and yikes on the lack of sleep

Yep swing all sorted bar 2 things. One of the drink trays doesnt fit - bad making of the parts. Will take it back next week, and 2nd problem seems to be a centre of gravity thing. When we sit on it, the seat leans forward - you dont feel actually as though you are gonna slide off the seat, but if the seat were slippery you would... this is a real irritation. But Jen loves it all the same

Will post a pic soon

Jen fed Jordy Toast with mashed banana on it earlier - I was standing behind her watching him suck the toast, not really eating it... sometimes chewing it, maybe a crumb or three would come off, but he seemed okay with it. He's never really held something before to eat bar his bottle. I caught her sobbing - all she could think of was the possibility of a chunk coming off and him choking She hadn't even done up the harness in the highchair properly in case she needed to get him out quickly... Once he was done I put him on the floor to play with things and gave her a big cuddle and held her til she was "okay" again. I knew she was scared, but not this scared

I too might not be on much over the next week or so - we have visitors from Qld coming down to stay for a few days through New Years

Have a safe and merry festive season everyone

Abs.. I second what Theresa said, and can see why Jen would be upset, it scares me too. If she doesn't feel comfortable then she doesn't have to do it, maybe try and come up with different things for Jordy to try? I hope she is feeling better now

Theresa.. I can't wait till Abbey is old enough to understand and be excited by what is going on, it will be so much fun!

Bel... I hope you got to have a nap or at least go to bed early tonight.

Jacci.. Hope charlie is feeling better.

Well I will probably be on, but it looks like I will have no one to talk to lol. We don't have visitors till after christmas.

I hope you all have a very merry and safe Christmas and enjoy the time with your babies!!

Evening

I have spent all day at casualty - my little boy has another chest infection -and a very sore throut - every time he coughs - he cries with pain - also i noticed this morning that there was a lump in his scrotem and that his parts were all swolen and had actually gone back inside - he was that swolen. so he is having a heap of tests done because they are bright red and a huge rash around them - he is sooooo grumpy!!

talk later

jac

BTW - Charlie is getting christened tomorrow!!

Oh Jac.. So sorry to hear that charlies not well... hope he is feeling better in time for his christening. Do they have an idea of whats wrong? Give him a big hug from me and Abbey!

Oh no Jac - keep us informed. Hope he's doing better by the time you read this.

jacci- oh poor charlie, just b4 xmas and for his christening thats no good.
    what sort of tests is he having done? hope they are all ok

Nixon
    is eating some vegemite toast of a morning now too, he loves it! didnt even screw his face up the first time he tasted it. I am mashing food now instead of pureeing. he is getting better each day at sitting and can now last a few mins unasisted. the other day he sat forward in the car seat the whole way home (about 30min) he must have given his abs a good work out!

Just wanted to wish everyone and all bubs a Merry 1st Christmas for tomorrow.
    i am sure they will all be spoilt rotten.

Oh no Jacci, that's so not fair on Charlie, to be so sick again & on his 1st xmas too, hope everything's ok, keep us informed. Hope the christening went well.

Oh dear Bel, hope ur able to get an early night tonight so u can enjoy tomorrow more. Yeah Holly's pretty good thnx.

Don't blame her Abs, it would be scary after a tragedy with someone so close in the family. Time will make it easier I guess. Yikes on the seat still having probs.

Merry xmas to u too everyone.

abs Guest

thanks girls, she did come around fairly quickly once I was helping and "offer some help". Today he had some more at Jen's parents (with Vegemite too Nickers !! He loved it as well - Jen was like Yippee, coz I dont like it, so she has someone to share it with now). She didn't show any of the concerns she had last night

And I've fixed the part on the swing myself, little bit of gentle persuasion and bending of where it is supposed to go into, sorted it out Has been raining here in Sydney most of today too

Oh no Jac, hope Charlie is okay and is under control for his christening today

As I said earlier, we were at Jen's parents today - her family's xmas do. (there was one comment said by someone, but it didnt sink in at the actual time - why are we having xmas "today"... I think it was her mum - we've had xmas on xmas day the last three years, and we are going to Melbourne for my family on xmas day finally). Jordy got pretty spoilt. Some clothes, a SCX/Scalextric track (well yeah I know it's early, but...), the alphabet Peek-A-Block set, $100 cheque to go towards more SCX or GeoTrax and some other things

Enjoy tomorrow everyone

Hi All -

Christening went well - charlie slept thru most of it _ I have put a photo on his www of him and DH - the girl sticking out her tongue is the godmother.

Charlie has been crook all day. but still very well behaved
    Did blood tests on him yesterday i left the room coz i couldn't watch - and they had a urine bag on him yesterday so they could take a urine test.He can hardly breath - he is all snotty and when ever he coughs he still cries - its horrible - he has gotten to the stage were he will spu up if he coughs too much - it is horrible to watch i hate hearing him be in so much pain.

He is crawling around everywere!! he amuses himself so much easier!!!

Well better go put him in bed - have a great xmas

love Charlie and jac

Abs- glad jordy likes his vegemite! i am pretty paranoid about chocking, i wont leave Nixon to eat it by himself i sit next to him watching him and if he breaks off to much for his mouth i pull it out and give him less.
    he actually had a bit of a choke on some mince the other day i freaked out. my dad was there he was just coughing so i didnt stress but then his face started going red i could tell he was having trouble, i quickly started getting him out of the high chair and he did a huge spew, i just cuddled him for ages afterwards cause i felt so bad, he was fine though but i wasnt...
    Nixon got so much stuff off his family dh has to go into work tomorrow so he can box it all and send it back down, there is no way we would fit everything! but luckily that he can just send stuff through work or we'd be paying a heap to get it all back.
    he got mostly toys, an activity centre, good that he can start playing with some new stuff, he got some really nice outfits too, some knee pads, an outdoor swing from santa, lots of mega blocks and a heap more.

Nixon bought me a lovely "N" necklace from tiffany's on a snake chain! Nixon bought daddy 3 proffesional photos of himself which he was stoked with, i will take a pick of them and post them when we are back

dh and i tried to go to miranda today for them but all closed.... for some reason sydney wait an extra day i know all the shopping complex's in melb would have been open....we wanna go buy our coffee machine which is our xmas present for each other.
    anyway off to hoggs breath for dinner... look forward to seing lots of chirssy pics from you all!

i hope Charlie is getting better now Jacci. his christening outfit looked great! is that a new website u have done?

Just popping in quickly to say again.. thank you thank you thank you to Lexys SS person.. Love the house & talking block people (for want of a better way to describe it)... She loves it & can even bash the blocks to make them talk LOL.....

BBL to catch up.... lots to read!!!!

Hope everyone is well!!!!!

Hi Everyone!

Hope you all had fantastic christmases! We had a great day, Abbey was spoilt, and has still got more presents coming, don't know where to fit it all lol.

Thank to my SS, Abbey got some baby banz (sunglasses) and a christmas top with Santa hat. It was great cause I had looked everywhere for a santa hat that would fit and I got one too small and one too big but this one was just right (i sound like goldilocks lol). SO Thank you again!!

Nickers.. Thats a bit scary with the choking, glad Nixon is ok now!

Jacci...Glad the christening went well..Charlie looks so cute in the photos. I hope he feels better soon.

Hi to everyone else!

I'm off to brave the shops and see if I can pick upa bargain. DP has offered to clean the house and babysit just so he doesn't have to go lol... I think i did well with that deal hehe

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Mitch

I'm glad Lexy liked it! I'm going to get one for Charlie too!

Sushee... She loves it.... I am trying to find the others in the set over here LOL.... Thank you soooo much XXX

I am sending everyone... healthy bubba vibes...... there have been a few sick bubbas lately & I hope they are all recovered or recovering quickly....

morning all. Hope everyoneis good
    I still have a sick little boy. talk later

Jacci... Sorry wee Charlie is still sick... take care of yourself too chicky.....

Sleeping... Is anybody else havign big problems with baby sleeping????... I have started a thread in baby & toddler discussion.... Any help greatly recieved!!!!!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast