Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #15

Yay for Declans first tooth!! did he have much trouble with it coming through?

Abs - Archie is a raspberry blower from way back he does awesome farting noises on my arm all the time.

Alexa is a raspberry blower & growler & tounge poker LOL.. she is NOT a normal baby!!!!!

Her 3rd bottom tooth has broken through now & there is another on the bottom getting ready as well as her 1st top one starting to come through too!!!!!

Well last night I had to get up to her & feed her about 3am, she had kicked all her blankets off & was cold & hungry... but she went straight back to sleep after that... well till she woke again at 5.30 so I gave in & put her in bed with me so I could sleep a little longer!!!!!

Yay Declan on the first tooth... not so gummy anymore hehehe...

Shell hope Holly is not feeling too bad... poor wee mite!!!

Abs... yay on the Ebay sales.. good job...

Elissa.. LMAO @ the farty noises..

Thats about all I can remember LOL...

Does anyone know where i might beable to pick up a cheep sleeping bag for alexa... might solve my blanket fight at night LOL...

oh yeah... I got a wee cube toy box for alexa yesterday, low enough that she doenst have to stand to get her toys out... so she was happily pulling her toys out of it while I gathered my wshing from the other end of the house... Then I heard her screaming.... the silly little monster had leant too far into the box & fell into it... LMAO all that was sticking out of the box were her legs...... so wish I had a camera!!!!!! arent i a mean mummy....

mitch - lol about Alexa inthe toy box, archie still doesn't have one yet he just has a lounge room full of toys

theresa - yeah i was really isolated and the lack of understanding from friends, one of whom i no longer talk to (very selfish woman, i was at breaking point and telling her about how archie just got diagnosed with GORD reflux and she waved her hand at me and said 'oh thats just reflux all babies go through that, christopher had awful reflux' which he didn't i was at her house all the time when hers was little and he had very mild reflux for a couple of months. rant over sorry. anyway you were my saviour a couple of months ago you told me about RISA i visited their site and sat there bawling my eyes out. i thought i was a bad mum cause arch was so clingy and wouldn't sleep and constantly ate and sucked his dummy, all of these things were because of his reflux. i am a different peson thanks to you and RISA.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Theresa,

I have to admit I thought for a long time that reflux was something they sorta just grew out of until I met you. There is very little information out there for a parent, sometimes, esp if it's not warm and fuzzy information.

Charlie's new tricks are to clap his hands when I sing to him, bounce up and down when I ask him to dance, and jump up and down when he hears the 'Jump and Move' song from Happy Feet! Lol! It seems like he's suddenly become this interactive baby who can communicate with me! I can see from all your posts that your babies are the same! How amazing is that? I'm loving this age.

He's also gone from waking 2 - 3 times a night to consistently sleeping 8pm to 7am now. Last night I woke at 4am and realised that he was awake in his cot. I watched him via the video monitor while he played, sang to himself and rolled around for 20 mins, and when he'd had enough, he rolled onto his tum and went to sleep. So I realise that this is a turning point for him, and not just a fluke. He can self settle now.

He doesn't look like he's going to crawl properly though. He does a half commando/half crawl which is pretty damned fast and he seems happy with this and isn't trying to do a full crawl. Anyone else's baby the same?

Mitch, pity about missing out on Alexa's run in with her toy box. It would have been a picture to dig out on her 21st for sure! Lol!

Abs, great news on the ebay sales, sounds like you did well!

Shell, great to hear about the progress of #2. Are you finding out the flavour?

everyone else! DS2 is home from his Singapore holidays and we're getting his room fixed up (as we promised him) now he's going to high school. He has to throw out his 'kiddy' stuff and is supposed to be taking down the 'spaceman' wall borders and prepping his room for painting. But I'm sure I can hear him on the computer playing games. <sigh> teenagers! Better go
    Last edited by sushee; May 11th, 2009 at 01:33 PM.

abs Guest

Thersa and Elissa I can certainly understand where you are coming from and how "the general population know everything there is to know about it"... a lot of Type 1 diabetics (which includes me) get the same when people say "oh my aunt blah blah blah" and are usually referring to the 90% of diabetics who are Type 2. Sure we are both diabetics but there is a HUGE difference between so many meanings and treatment and what we can and are not supposed to do

Sushee, Jordy still isn't crawling either. He can turn over from sitting up, and lie down... then continue rolling and sit up again about 2feet from where he started. And still loves walking around the sides of furniture

i have just posted a super easy 2 min noodle recipe under melindas Pasta Salad thread if anyone is interested.....

BBl boss is grumpy LOL

theresa - i would rather not know about it too, and i always think of you when the going gets tough here, i imagine how you cope with two refluxers, ur a special mum.

abs - re type 1 diabetes, there is cetainly a lot of ignorance about this condition, it must be hard not to jump down peoples throats sometimes.

sushi - archie has just learnt to self settle this week as well (as long as his reflux isn't playing up) isn't it a wonderful feeling to have them settle themselves!

WTG on the sleeping everyone.

Nickers, did u check out the baby modelling agency thread? There were quite a few bad comments on Bettina, just fyi (eg they take most kids charge a huge fee & rarely any work). I've been thinking bout looking into one.

Yay Becky on Declan's 1st tooth.

Mitch, I got Holly's 'Snugtime' sleeping bag from Target. From memory it was under $30, found them in google too. MPSL Mitch, that woulda been funny to see. We got 2 clear plastic containers with lids from bunnings yesterday on special, fits all her toys in it.

Wow Sush, WTG Charlie.

CPox: No they're not itchy as babies & mild in Holly's case, not having to give her panadol or anything to put on them, she's pretty good, just a bit more sooky, she's waking around 6times at night for a short whinge (1min or less) & goin straight back to sleep. I have an immunity level of 17 apparently, however the Hunter IVF nurse said she didn't have any chart to compare it to to say whether it's high enough, but surely the gynae that did that test b4 preggas with Holly would've told me if wasnt high enuf & got me to have a needle for it. Anyhow got them to fax those results to my obgyn (had to ring them to say sterilise their toys as holly was playing with them the day b4 she got spots).

abs Guest

Elissa, I'm pretty good about it, but I do know others (via a forum like this but for Type 1's) who talking about Food Nazi's etc - they are the ones that say "should you be eating that" etc. I take it you do know a bit about it then ?

Thanks Shell, i had read parts of that thread before and think that a lot of the agencies are the same they must have lots of children on their books and anyway we are going ahead with bettina, i called them back just now after missing their call earlier, Nixon is getting his photo's taken tomorrow.
    Im glad Holly's CP is only mild. do u know where she caught it though?
    How cute sushee! ive been clapping hands and waving bye to Nixon for so long, he just smiles and giggles but wont do it himself yet!

nic,

I taught him while I was feeding him his lunch. Is the only time I have his undivided attention!

I actually waited until he did something, like clap, then I kept saying 'clap hands' everytime he did it. After 3 or 4 goes, he made the connection and now does it when I say 'clap hands'

Oh very clever with the clapping Sush, I clap at Holly saying clever girl, but she doesn't. She waves though (xmas eve), but not claps. What a lovely pic of Charlie, he's looking so much more grown up now isn't he.

Nickers, I have absolutely no idea, as the childcare didn't mention anyone else having it & they have a legal obligation to advise others of exposure. A lil boy in our mums group had it just b4 xmas which he got off a rel, but we hadn't seen him whilst he was contagious as Holly was sick so had to miss a few wks in a row.
    Yeah I'd reckon they're all the same too. I doubt there'd be any in Newcastle, so prob won't get to with Holly, not willing to drive to Sydney.

Hiya Everyone,

Yay for all the babies being good and sleeping. Abbey is slowly getting better, goes down for her day naps easily, still won't self settle though, and is starting to sleep longer in her cot. The last few nights she has woken up for a feed, then went back into the cot with no fuss. She still spends half the night in with me though.

Sushee..Abbey claps and waves too, its so cute isn't it.

Shell.. Good to hear Holly is coping well. I'm sure your level is high enough. Hope your feeling good too.

Mitch.. The snugtime sleeping bags are really good, and you can get summer and winter ones. Big W also have some as do best and less. They didn't stop abbey rolling or crawling or standing for that matter though. LMAO at Alexa in the toy box, maybe she will do it again for you so you can get a pic.

Becky.. Yay on Declans tooth, hope it isn't hurting him too much. Abbey has 8 now.

Nickers..Good Luck with the agency.. hopefully nixon gets some work.

Well better go,i'm meant to be working.. will get in trouble if i'm caught lol

abs - i don't really know a lot about it, only what i have seen on telly a few people with type 1 discussing what its like to put up with rude comments all the time.

Archie is very spewy today, yuck, just trying to get him to have a little nap now but he doesn't seem to be playing the game..

abs Guest

sorry to hear about Archie Elissa, hope he wakes feeling better today

I love it when they wave back - Jordy only does it now and then... and certainly recognises the Good/Clever Boy and handclaps aimed at him

2 more sleeps til we're off on a loooooong weekend. Can't wait - actually qst for you all... did DH speak to your dad before proposing - is that still done these days ?

Karl did, my XH didn't. When Karl called my dad to ask him (my dad being in Singapore so couldn't go personally) my dad got all giggly and said to Karl 'she's definitely old enough to decide for herself!" Um.. thanks Dad!

No Abs!
    well we went o/s and he proposed in Canada. we rushed back to our room to ring my parents, when we got onto them dh asked my dad for his daughters hand in marriage. Ofcourse he said yes and then Trent said ok good because i have just asked her and she said yes!!

abs Guest

ta so far girls - Theresa, perfectly understandable in your case

that reminds me, i better ask the guy who is doing Jordy's naming day stuff if he can slip in a wedding bit too... now where is his name

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast