Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #17

hope you have a nice valentine day nickers - gav and i only buy a card and thats it. - BTW bugger you about the no M/S - i spued for 30 weeks!!!!

Charlie is going feral today - he is such a good mood that he just sits there laughing at us! don't know whats going on!!!

Well netball training tonight.
    Talk to everyone later

Jac

abs Guest

Jen got me 3 tshirts for Jordy with various messages on em... sooo cute

Something like:

I'm very proud to be a Bassett-Smith

I'm a little Smashy (Jen's nickname for me... she started playing with my surname ages ago and ended up with that)

My daddy Smashy loves me

I gave her a bracelet - white & yellow gold in alternating 1.5-2cm lengths with diamonds in the white gold portions. She freaked out when she saw it... loved it immediately.

Got it from the jeweller where we are getting our rings from

And we gave each other cards too... the one I gave her has like the Circle divided into about 10 sections with different Naughty Fun things to do... you press a button and the lights around the outside of the circle go on around the outside as if you'd spun a roulette wheel, till an activity is randomly selected to do

KelliC Guest

Hello everyone, Happy Valentines Day. I was spoilt with a dozen long stem red roses, even though I told Noel not to buy anything deep down I was secretly hoping...hehehehe
    Olivia is into everything at the moment and doesn't like being contained in a playpen, problem is sometimes I need to do things without worrying that she'll hurt herself..I wished for her to crawl...oh the joys...hehehehehe

Sorry I've been MIA for a while, I have kept up to date with the posts..

Abs,
    The T-Shirts sound fantastic and the bracelet you bought for Jen sounds gorgeous, she's certainly very spoilt..How's Jordy going on the crawling front?

Nickers,
    Congratulations, it certainly didn't take long! I hope the morning sickness stays away,those memories seem like yesterday...

Shell,
    Great belly pic, doesn't that bring back memories..hehehe

Jacci,
    How was netball?

Hello to everyone else...

abs Guest

yep, right with you on the "wish they would crawl" but then uhohhh Kelli

All depends on a) how bad he want so to get somewhere, and b) what surface he has to travel on. Downstairs is all tiled, with some rugs around the couchs/in front of the tv. With an extra throw rug put down for his play area during the day. He'll happily crawl on that now, only once or twice onto the tiled area to the dining table and then stands up on the chairs

Spoilt, hmmm, maybe, but then we are both pretty much older than the rest of you, so its feasible since we've been in the workforce longer that we have a touch more "disposable" income than some of you younger folk She fell asleep next me last night going on about how much she loves it

Though on sadder note, those of you who knew me 12 months ago, today would have been little Toby's 2nd birthday... We've sent Pen & family some flowers and stuff in rememberance - just thinking of what happened back then still brings tears to my eyes

abs - Happy birthday to Toby - hope that penny is going ok through this time. Would really hit home more to you now because you have Jordy and you realise the special bond. Before i thought it was sad but now that i have charlie i really feel for what Penny and her family went thru.

Kelly - netball is good. I am on a weightloss mission coz my club has just brought in the playing in body suits!! eeeeeeehhhhhh

Very Very ANGRY! - yesterday i came out of safeway and there was a taxi parked next to me. i seen this feral family get in and they had a baby that would of been no more than 2 months old ( couldn't even hold its head up on its own) so i seen them getting into the taxi and there was no baby seat so they just put the baby on there knee and then put the seat belt on themself not even on the baby and then the taxi drove off. I was soo angry - what if i hit that taxi and i injure that poor baby! - so i took down the taxi rego and went straight to the police station. and the police are going to ring me today and let me know what they done about it.

abs Guest

well spotted Jac, and good for you for taking the initiative rather than most who dont follow up on it

haha on the netball clothing

And Pen sent both Jenny and I an SMS each earlier: "Thank you so much 4 the gerbera's. They r my fave flower & 1 i symbolise 4 toby. Jake helped put them in a vase. Love you all - pen". I know she is struggling and everything, but also trying to be happy as we know those yet to be born are affected by the mums mood. Late next week will be harder with the passing anniversary (23rd). Cant remember if I've said, but they have a name for the upcoming: Lachlan David

Jacci- OMG i cant beleive the taxi driver would allow it but Esp the stupid parents what were they thinking?? Taxi drivers are not the greatest drivers at the best of times and as u said what if u had an accident how bad would u feel if a baby got hurt. Glad u rang the cops and i hope the call u back.

i just found out this is legal!!! crazy isn't it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Astrid View Post
    There is a car seat exemption in Victoria for taxis, whilst it may not seem right, it is allowed. This is from the Vic Roads site:

READ NEXT POST

Twice I have used a taxi without a restraint when Maggie was little, but I did have her in the HAB, so she was restrained by that, I just made sure the my seat belt was not across her. If it was something I had to do regularly, then I would bring my own car seat with me or organise a VHA taxi with a seat.

justfound out it is actually legal!!!! crazy isn't it!!!

this is from vicroads website (astrid ound it)
    D0 we need a child restraint in a taxi?
    Children under one year do not have to use a child restraint in a taxi; children over one year must use a seat belt or child restraint (supplied by the passenger) in a taxi.
    A restraint should be used wherever possible; use a child harness with children over 14 kg if it is difficult to carry a child restraint (such as when going to the airport or shopping).
    It is not safe to put a child in a seat belt with you or nurse them on your lap.
    A restraint is supplied by the passengers, not the taxi driver.
    All taxis have to provide an anchor bolt or fitting for one restraint

that is obserd! what if u were holdig baby, got hit from behind, you could not judge that you would be able to keep hold of baby at the force and he/she could fly through the wind screen...
    ive never heard of such a silly rule?

abs Guest

unfortunately dem's da rules. In some ways you can't expect Taxi's to have something large & bulky taking up room in the boot "in case someone once in a blue moon" needs one. But also see it from our side as well - tis a very hard situation for all involved

There will also be parents who dont have a seat at all to provide a taxi even where the anchor bolts are available - let alone carry it around between taxi rides

Hence the exemption

I totally don't agree with the rule - it only takes one accident and a poor little baby to be killed! if it was me driving and i hit the taxi then i would have to live with that on my concius(sp?) the rest of my life!

abs Guest

i dont like em either !

Bec, hehe, thnx, they sure do. Yeah was just thinkin something basic but cute & handmade.
    Yes my belly sure is bigger, I look more like my 16wk photo with Holly, they're still on my www, under 'Holly - Pregnancy'.

OMG Jacci, that is crazy, I thought u had to ring taxi company & request a car with a baby seat.

Hope ur not feelin too bad Nickers. My M/S wasn't as bad 1st tri than with Holly, but seems to be more freq in 2nd tri, hmm, nothin major though.

1 of the ladies in our mums group got back from Thailand 2days ago & said she's pregga's (EDD 14Oct), 1st go again (planned), wow, there must be somethin in the water.

Adding some pics to www shortly. Had to dig answer from sonographer, she doesn't like to say anything if not very positive on the gender, but from what she saw, she thinks a girl, but thinks still too early to tell.

Results: 'Age Risk' v's 'After NT Scan & Blood Tests'
    Down Syndrome = 1:556 v's 1:11,100
    Trisomy 18 or 13 (chromo abn) 1:1,069 v's 1:21,362
    28 images on CD, video on DVD. Took 12 screen captures from DVD this arvy

abs Guest

sounds like everything is going fine then Shell

Rough day here, most likely due to more teeth coming through - still only the 4 out atm... Had maybe 2x40mins sleeps from 5.30am through til finally giving up on staying awake around 8pm

Great photos shell! You got heaps of them! Glad it all went well and how cool if Holly has a little sister to play with.

Well ive been up and down with Nixon all night. He went to bed alright but i gave him an extra bottle thinking with the heat he might need it, and i dont normally do this but being that i was pooped from being on my feet all day and dh was working i gave him the bottle in bed.
    That was fine until about 2.30am when i heard him, go in there and there is vomit everywhere... nice big chunks of vegies and mince (that he had for dinner) all over him he was rolling in it.... so he wasnt that fussed about it but took a while to get everything sorted and him back to sleep. then i was paranoid he might spew again so been up and down ever since.

Wow quiet in here.

Nixon kept throwing up most of his food yesterday even his fluids last night. He had a huge sleep in till 10.30am thismorning and just had about 150ml bottle. hoping nwo the weather has cooled he is ok, but going to doc this arvo anyway.

Nixons Stats at 10months
    Weight: 9.9kg (Up 400g in 1month)
    Length: 75cm (up 2cm in 1 month)
    HC: 45.5cm (0.5cm in 1 month)

these are just my measurments as we dont go to MCHN till 12months.

Added pic of Nixon's new favourite position on his website! (in 10-12months folder)
    Last edited by nickers; February 19th, 2007 at 10:13 AM.

Shell... Wow another girl would be cool.... when is your next scan & wil they likely confirm the sex then???

Nic.. Hope Wee nixon is feeling better soon...

Abs... I Hear ya on the teething thing.. Alexa is a horrid sleeper when teething , she has 2 top & 3 bottom teeth so far (& boy are they sharp!!!)

Hope everyone else is doing well...

Alexa had a big weekend & has slept through the last 2 nights, probably cause she was so exhausted LOL... heres hoping it continues though!!!!!

Catch up later ppl...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast