Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #20

abs Guest

Hiya ladies

NOthing much to report here, so haven't been in much plus been pretty busy

Excellent on Abbey's walking - now the fun really begins Amanda - Jen would love it if Jordy slept with us but I wont have it. I get bugger all of the kingsize bed as it is, as she loves having pillows all around her

Have fun on your holiday Bel - you'll be just down the road from us

Abs - How did Jen's thing go? A buyer yet?

Hi to everyone else, you guys have been quiet.

Declan is onto his 2nd round of antibiodics since he stuff hasn't cleared up fully poor mite. He's been really grouchy and clingy today hmm wonder what that could be.
    Last edited by going42; June 8th, 2007 at 09:10 AM.

abs Guest

no luck yet... she's now approaching someone to run the business and help grow it further... This friend has very similar thoughts about things as she does and was recently retrenched for firing someone who was actually a good friend of the board of the directors - well he was there to help clear out some of the non-performers, and calls a spade a spade not a rose. Unfortunately the BOD have too much control over that club

He got a nice payout (6 months) and after an interview with where he thought was his ideal location to go in as CEO realised it definitely wasn't what he dreamt it would be. So taking over the running of her business has very very much interested him.

Jen will still be working doing some parts but he'll do other stuff... and she does have quite a range of ideas. Some could push the business worth to several times its current income, if there was the right person to push it there. Its just that she isn't that head space in this part of her life - just wants to spend time with me and Jordy and to be able to go away for a week and not think work every couple of hours

We'll get there soon

Hi all.

Well i have the exciting job of painting my bedroom this weekend it is Blue at the moment - but a horrible yucky blue!!! and i am painting it cream with a chocolate brown wall, one of my friends owns the florist here and she is really good at art and creative stuff - she is doing me 3 canvases to go above my bed - I will take a before and after shot for u!

Abs - it wouls be horrible for jen not to be able to relax.

Amy - I'm hearing u on the antibiotics - feels like charlie has been on this course for ever!!!!

Just a quick hi.
    Nickers - that's great with Nixon's first steps, Caden also took his first steps just over a week ago, no more since then. he has now decided to 'walk' everywhere in his knees. Really funny but not very practical!
    We're doing ok, being pg with a little one on the ground is hard and very tiring, never realised just how much but we are getting through alright.
    Caden's just started screaming gotta go

Joy- your almost half way through this pg too! have you had your ultrasound yet? are you or did you find out the sex? So far 3 of us April buddies are having the same sex as our first.
    Well after getting so excited with Nixon's first steps he hasnt taken anymore hehe! Mum told me my brother did the same thing then didnt start walking for a further month after it. He lets go all the time standing there but not too confident in taking those steps.

Jacci- have fun painting. you must be patient. I dont mind the painting the main wall part but its the preping, undercoating and little fiddly bits that i get frustrated with

Abs- totally understand where jen is coming from. Having to worry about work issues every day is off the list for me too. caring for and watching our children grow takes the cake everytime

Nickers - We're not finding out again. Our ultrasound is this coming wednesday. We figure that we carry around a baby for 9 months its nice to have a surprise at the end. Caden will take 1-2 steps if we 'accidently' let go of his arms when we are helping him but he's not so keen on it really and in the end it doesn't really matter to us either. just as long as he's happy and active, of which he is both!
    We're going out for lunch so i've go to go and get the little man and myself ready.
    bye,

Hi all!

HE IS HOME!!!!!!!!!! bout time too!

Sarah took 1/2 an hour to get used to him again but showed him a few steps and is now daddy's little girl again.

Wow, 5 pg again! I think seeing the bub's face n learning all the stats is enuf of a surprise.

Abs - Still haven got round 2 changing ur ticker? good thing he can't read yet or he'd b sayin he's missed a year. 4 sum reason both my tickers have the same dates in them but the old one gives Emma's to go days 1 extra y I can't change it. strange. It will b good 4 jen 2 have more time with u n jordy. CEO of a business is really a job that can b shared, there's enuf work 2 do!

Jacci - bet ur friend is glad it's over! 9 weeks is too long to go 4 me. I feel like a hippo! I can't pick Sarah up very much any more coz my back is seriously stuffed! How good it must b to roll over in bed without pain...

Thats enuf whingeing.

Amanda - Abbey will @ least b old enuf 4 a big bed b4 #2 arrives. Sarah can't b trusted yet. have just put second cot on layby but very lucky 2 find it 1/2 price. only $150! im stoked.

Sarah is being difficult to settle. I think Daddy doesn't go in with the attitude that 'he will win and she will go to sleep'. I think it's more of a 'will she go to sleep?' attitude. If u ask a kid if they want to go to sleep they will always say no even if they are exhausted in my experience.

abs Guest

hehe, we can tell when Jordy is ready for bed... his eyes go all hazy and wonky and out of focus

Big meeting here tomorrow - can't wait to see how it goes. Thank god for broadband and "peer to peer" programs and Skype. We have one little program that is awesome that if I change a file re Jen's website on my computer, it is automatically sent to both Jen's PC and a third PC. So if Toby does come on board, we'll install it there too. So we always know we all have the website files up-to-date on our computers,,, very important if making changes to files etc

Hope all those affected by the rain & stuff (or friends/family affected) have coped okay over the last few days. We had Foxtel and Bigpond Cable out for over 36 hours (noted it was down at 4am Saturday, came back after 4.30 Sunday arvo). We got drenched, but the drainage here is excellent so it all ran off

Oh, some new pics up on Jordy's website... and we finally have more than his 8 teeth. Some new ones are finally coming through, and causing him some grief

Oh yeah, at long last, the lemon tree I planted nearly 2 years ago - first 2 lemons off it yesterday - huge and JUICY! Jen made my fave dessert tonight (well this arvo) - lemon pie

Ooooh Alison, not long now... best wishes for a) Stephen finally back, and b) rest of the pg.

re the walking. What we did was heaps of holding hands. Once he had that down pat, he was holding onto a chair and I stood about 5 feet away from him. Said "come to daddy" and clapped my hands at him. He finally took those steps on his own towards me with the biggest smile on his face. I wont ever forget that

And how'd the painting go Jac ? We've only done one feature wall (in our bedroom - and shows it was done by us, the edging is pretty dodgy )

hi everyone my little jess has had the worst two weeks shes had a chest infection and just as shes getting over it she got a ear infection i feel so bad i want to cuddle her and make it go away i wish there was more i could do gotto go shes asleep im going to go to bed as well

Just a quick note..

Lexi had her 15 month check up today...

She now weighs 8.3kg (18lb 5oz) & is 72 cm tall...

My wee girl is not that wee anymore........

Sorry, been MIA for a mth, will have to find the time to catch up on the past threads. Just bout to get ready to go to mums group.

Holly's taken some steps lately too, she's up to 6, however that was last Tue, only interested in taking 1-2 at moment. I'm with you Alison, when our toddlers start walking it will be far easier on our backs/belly's. Wow so there's 5 pg in here now, awesome, congrats everyone. There are 3 of us now in mums group preggas & another girlfriend too.

Hope ur all travelling well, well better go get ready, hehe.

Bit of a shock seeing all the flooding around here, we are up high so no issues, except for a slight drainage issue, water was up to our back step, but didnt come inside. We have gas cooking/HWS/heating so that was a bonus. Few streets away where we used to live were flooded half way up the walls as the creek overflowed, our old neighbours were evacuated by cops in tinnies. And that idiot of a captain of that coal ship ignored all the warnings, was 2.8km out & warned 3 days earlier to go 10km out due to bad weather approaching & to take on water to lower the boat (make it more steady in the water), ignored that too. Takes an hr to fire up the engines & he washed onto the beach within 30mins, he's gonna have a lot to pay for.

abs Guest

Yikes Shell... lucky you moved hey

Holly will walk more when she's ready

And yeah, what a fool is that captain - I hadn't heard about the warnings etc he'd been given. Damn, they should revoke his captaincy and the company he works for sack him

mitch- i had a bit of a chuckle when you said your little girl is growing up!!! charlie was 8.6 kilos at 4 months and 72 cm at 6 months - i wish my little man was still that little - lex would look tiny when she walks!!! she would be adorable.

Abs - you can tell i did the feature wall too coz my whole house isn't straight so its hard to get a straight line with brown paint in a 60 year old house. oh well though - i still like it only got the arcitraves(sp?) to do today then my canvases.

Gee thanks Jac.. now my BIG girl seems like a midget PMSL

Jacci - I am with you on the big bubba's Tyron is now 14.6kg he is just HUGE!!

Hi to everyone!

Shell- wow congrats on the 30week mark!
    well i think my boy is having a growth spurt atm. he wont stop eating lol! he is eating so much more then he used to. I think he'd be atleast 11kg by now. Mitch i envy a lighter child! lugging Nixon around is so hard now esp with a belly!
    he hasnt taken any more steps since the first 2 weeks ago, but he is now doing a lot of walking holding onto one or both of your hands.

jessabell- i hope jess gets better soon, poor thing

Lisa - He is big - does he look big??? Charlie has stayed 12.5 kilos since his 7 month check up - i actually think he may have lost some weight - he has gotten really tall and the taller he gets the more weight he is losing - I am glad he is walking - coz carrying him around is very sore on my back - Is tyron walking???

Nicers - Charlie sleeps when he is having a growth spurt does nixon always eat when he is having one???

hope Jess is on the mend

well i'm just about to take a photo of my bedroom - forgot to take some before shots - but i think i have some on file so i'll have to fish them out

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast