Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #7

abs Guest

Nice pics Amanda - Jen hated the idea of "flowerpot" type photo's that most professional's use ! Do you get the negatives ? (or High res shots if digital )

And hope your pooch is okay Nickers... hmm, not good about the person looking after them while away

Jordy was fine within a couple of minutes of me cuddling and soothing him. Didn't help that I bumped his head on the aquarium mobile when I was picking him up - oopsie. Of course at 4.45, Jen knew he was tired but couldn't settle him... I held him for about 20 mins until the first eye rub. Put him down, turned out the lights and before I was out of the room, he was asleep - he is sooooo my boy I love working from home and being able to do things like that

Abs - You are very lucky for being at home.

Gav is joining the firebrigade now so i think i might have to go back to work full time.
    Not that thats a major problem coz its what he has wanted to do all his life, but i am more worried about the fact that i need to move to were ever he gets posted

abs Guest

i know i am jac - even more happier that I have full access to the computer systems at work as of yesterday... means I dont have to go into the office at all for the time being. Even our payslips are gonna be online from this month (paid monthly)

Hmm, good luck with Gav's new career... and just after you bought a new place too. How often do they get moved around ?? Will make it hard getting jobs and schooling etc etc

abs - i hope he doesn't get in ( i know that sounds bad but i don't want to move) he has already been told he is nearly a sure foot in - I can't tell him not to go for it because he let me studdy for 4 years would be bad of me to do the opposite.
    BTW - i had to put a bumper up in charlies bed to stop him rolling over into the slots of the cot.
    Charlie had 4 or 5 bad nights hopefully Jordan will come good - has he got any teeth yet - my mum says charlie has got some coming but i can't feel them

abs - another qst for you - what is the cheapest Broadband i can get??? thought i'f ask u coz you are a computer wiz
    Last edited by Trillian; October 9th, 2006 at 02:08 PM. Reason: two posts in a row

Thnx Jacci. My gosh u keep busy & fit, wow. Goodluck with urs & dh's job prospects. A broadband/adsl plan comparisons website is avail in my www - fave links - homepage - links - other.

Bugger Abs, hope ur feelin better. Gotta change my age on 16th & I catch up to DH too, hehe.

Really Bec, oh no. Don't joke bout the scissors, that sort of thing has happened hey, hehe, just kiddin. TTC#2 probably within the next 2mths.

Oh ur poor doggie Nickers, hope she heals quickly. Hope dinner goes well.

Lovely pics Amanda.

Sush, Holly's now doing the smiley face (mouth only open bit but big smile & makes a noise, as opposed to her normal big wide open mouth smile) like Charlie in his movie file from few mths ago, just noticed her doing it since Fri.

Didn't do a bb feed today, as yesterday morning she still drank a full bottle afterwards. They settled down alot the next day, when they were big n sore was coz silly me cut out 2 feeds in 1 day, so self inflicted.

Sleep, I put Holly down when she starts to grizzle a little.

Found Holly asleep on belly last night, then around other way with back against slat this morning, put pics on www, wiggle bum, hehehe. Also put some pics of her first solids, she pulled all sorts of faces.

deckers had his needles yesterday and didn't even cry such a brave boy so proud of him especially since he screamed the place down with the others! But he has been grizzly ever since got a bit of a temp now too have dosed him up with panadol I hope he feels better soon!

Abs omg at jordan rolling into the slats deckers can't do that A because I still wrap him he wont sleep other wise and B because he doesn't roll much yet!

Shell good on you for TTC in a couple of months I wish I was to but dh isn't even keen on another bubs no idea why dj hasn't been a prob1 anyway we came to an agreement if i loose 15kgs which should make me a sz 12 we can start trying! I only have 2yrs to do it and if i don't im not allowed to have another bubs! Havent lost ne yet! but will start really tryin aroun xmas!

Best be off my boy is awake!

P.S go Lownes! FORD'S RULE

shell- LOL Holly is a little riggler isnt she!!, i have found Nixon around the opp way a couple of times now too!
    I have just uploaded some new pics on the website, of mothers group/eating & our first swimming lesson Today!!
    not sure when we will TTC again prob anytime between Jan-Sept 07

abs Guest

No teeth coming through, but they are definitely itching to break through... he loves sticking anything and everything in his gob including my fingers and chomping down on em... I can certainly feel quite a few there

Jordy is only in his normal clothes for his day sleeps - that's when he gets the legs out Becky... No way could we still be wrapping him - he was good at getting out of em a long time ago. We have him in the equivalent of gro-bags during his night sleep. Tis like a sleeping bag with holes for the arms if you don't know what they are... they are a great idea and you can get em in different ratings for different times of the year due to temperatures etc

Is that 31 or 32 Shell - you have a 2yr difference between you and DH on your sig ! No idea what I want or want to do... probably just have Jen's family around for lunch etc on the day. From the long range forecast, looks like it'll be very hot next weekend. Am looking forward to the bbq here tomorrow. Got the theatre room hooked up to high definition digital tv for Bathurst in case any of the guys wanna watch that, and the spa is sparkly clean in case anyone wants a dip too. Oh better line up the music on my PDA for music outside and the spa area too (wont take long)

Oh and Jac, I guess Shell is referring to the Whirlpool net website... best plan reference around, though you need to be careful - some of the companies sound better than they actually are and not all the fineprint bits and pieces are listed too

Ta for the 6m needle reminder Becky too... better make sure Jen is aware of that. Well tis just after 9pm and I told her highness I'd be there by now (I oopsied in setting the theatre room up last night and didnt make it to bed til 12.30 )

Have a great Sunday everyone

oh yeah again... Jordy tried pureed sweet potato today - hmm, not certain about that one. We'll try it again tomorrow. So far he's had two varieties of Farex, I think the plain one and Pear&Banana. He is still getting used to the eating thing... I'm wondering if feeding right after a bottle is the right thing to do as he's already had his fill from the bottle and not necessarily wanting to "feed" - I dunno
    Last edited by abs; October 7th, 2006 at 09:15 PM.

Abs - The health nurse told me to feed after a bottle, i have been doing that, I think the same as you that he would already be full.
    Charlie loves sweet potato - tonight he is having just pumpkin - that is his favourite
    I think he must be having a growth spurt - he is sleeping sooo much today.
    He gets his 6 month check up on Thursday.

abs Guest

Hi all - hmm what a day

Had friends over for bbq - with Jack being 19? months old, we haven't seen them since his 1st birthday in March other than Darren and Ali coming into the hospital when Jordy was born, and also Nicholas being 10 or 11 weeks old (and his parents Toby and Sef).

Amazing comparing all three boys at different ages and things

Day started out really nicely then got windy and cold, so we ate inside and noone interested in the spa

But yummy bbq - pork ribs cooked perfectly with the crackle part being spot on, and steak done medium rare, and sausages cooked through without being burnt - I love cooking on a bbq And heaps of bbq'd onion too... and salad and wine or beer or softdrink or water. Lots of good chatter and understanding when someone piped up with a bit of noise. Sef felt fine about popping out a boob to feed her boy - I dont think anyone noticed until he was happily feeding, even though she hadn't met the other couple before. Just a nice relaxed pleasant arvo

Jac, Jen is taking Jordy to paed tomorrow for something, he is still coughing though not as bad, and we have needles on Tuesday. Checkup last Thursday showed he is only marginally off the middle line for height weight etc, yet people still comment "oh isn't he a fatty etc" - grrr. Apparently one person even said "has a doctor spoken to you about getting him to loose weight" (or have I already commented on that). He chubby cheeks and his upper arms and legs are a bit chubby, but thats just baby chub. And I'm sure some of you have bubs like that too. He was about 8.5kg and 65cm - it still makes Jen quite angry

Abs- i have been giving Nixon the rice cerial between 30-60min after his feed started. so not directly after but whilst he is still awake/alert & happy.
    i cant believe someone would make such a rude comment and tell u Jordy needs to loose weight... my god they obviously have no idea.
    WTG Lowndsie! I am usually a holden fan but was happy to see him win with all the emotion he had today.

Hi everyone,

Jacci - I hope DH gets his job and you get to stay wherer you are!!! Tyron gets stuck all the time in the sid eof his cot, but I don't want to get a bumper, it is getting hotter here now and they still say no to use them, so I just get up 3 or 4 times a night and save him!! Wish he would learn to roll from his front to his back!!!

Abs - we have been asked the same thing and also people say, wow he is so big, you must over feed him! I just shake my head now!!

Nickers - the photo are so cute, i see Nixon does the same as Tyron and falls to one side!!

Well for us, we still have no teeth in site, he is such a pleasure now and is a happy little man, I hope the teeth don't ruin it!!

I am busy planning his Naming Ceremony which is in 2 weeks! Making the thank you chocolates at the moment!

Is anyone interested in doing a secret santa for christmas this time?? I will organise it if people are keen??

abs Guest

count me in Lisa - that was good last year (was it Becky who organised it?)

Oh and Happy 6 months to Tyron for today - woohoo

Yes Becky did organise it last year, but I am happy to give it a go this time!!

I can't believe it is my little man's half birthday today, that 6 months has gone so fast!! Nearly time for another one
    Last edited by lisa_75; October 9th, 2006 at 12:20 PM.

Oh oh oh... can i preddy preddy please join in the Secret santa this year too????

Alexa is being a little toad at the moment & is waking at night for a bottle.... grrrrr & her i was enjoying my 10hr break!!!!!

Alexa screamed blue murder for her shots & always moves little toad.....

She is slowly starting to roll a bit now but she does 180s on the ground LOL... not bad for a 5 1/2 old with 7 months experience hehehe....

If anyone wants to e-mail me pics of their bubs that would be cool I have started a file of photos on my laptop for alexas NICU buddies & would like to add in my belly buddy babies too!!!!!

Hope you are all well... things are really crazy here, with work & alexa 7 a 14yo to deal with... plus Dh is away working out of tiown form sun-fri nights every week....

I promise to bo my best to keep involved & keep up

XXX

mitch & Alexa

Hi Mitch,

Good to hear from you and to hear that little Alexa is going well.

They are all shockers at some stage, Tyron is driving me nuts with me having to get up every few hours to turn him around in his cot, I wonder if they make baby straight jackets!!

You are doing so well, with DH being away and the boys to look after, I find it hard coping with 1!

For the Secret Santa, if people could please email me with your address and also the size they need, some babies are bigger than others!!

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by lisa_75; October 9th, 2006 at 01:59 PM.

mum21 Guest

Hi Ladies & Abs

How is everyone going?

Amanda - I love the pics. We are going to have some done end of next month so we can add them to the Chrissy cards.

Nickers - hows your dog going?

Jacci - I can understand not wanting him to get in. I was the same when my DH was applying for the army. I'm thinking of putting a bumper around the cot too as Declan keeps putting his legs through the slots. Lucky for us he won't get stuck in them.

Abs - Sounds like you had a great weekend.

Lisa - Hope you enjoy the celebrations of Tyron's naming ceremony. Happy 6 months to the little fellow too. I'd be in for a secret santa.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you all enjoyed your weekends.

Declan has 2 eye teeth happening one you can actually see and the other you can feel the lump under the gum. I put him down to bed on Friday night in his sleeping bag and he managed to roll over in it, he thought he was such a cleaver little man. Opps he's awake so better run.

whats the secret santa??

My dog is going alright, had to take her to get the tube that was draining fluid out today, she is back to her normal self but still have to watch her as she has the stitches in till the 20th.... ive been putting the bucket thing on her head when we go out to stop her from liking it...
    Theresa- glad to her Em is going well, how long does the tube need to stay in for? Is Georgie back home now? How scarey... i hope she is getting better poor mite.
    Hi Amy- whats eye teeth? Nixon has had the rosiest cheeks for the last few days, ive been putting bonjela on his gums & he is munching on a teething dummy thing pretty good now. i just wonder how long this can go on for until a tooth actually cuts through?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast