Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #7

That's great that the christening went well Nickers & Amy.
    Ooh another niece/nephew, that's great Nickers. Hope ur lil man's feeling better now. You too Amy.
    Have fun at dinner & party. Hope ur doggie's ok. Cute pickies, looks like 3 of them are havin a ball.

Oh no Joy, lurk all u want & post whenever u feel like it, even if it's every few mths, dont feel obligated. Being a parent can be very busy.
    Glad to hear all's going well with ur lil man though.

Welcome back Jed, hope all is well.

Jacci, WTG on rolling, hehe, yep know the cot awkward posi's, hehe.

Hehe Bel, good to hear u have a healthy lil boy. I was just looking at Holly's ankels & wrists this arvo thinking how chubby they look, hard to tell there's an ankle/wrist there, she's packin on the weight now she's almost fully weaned.

Amanda, hope work settles down for you now, not fun when work is hectic. A girlfriend had a surprise naming ceremony on her son's 1st b'day. That's xlnt news on the excema. Lovely pic of u & DH. Tried your photo album but said it's removed/expiring.

What a crack up Sush, hehe, that would've been funny to see.

Hehe Lisa on Tyron rolling heaps, but not on u loosing sleep though. I generally just check on holly once b4 bed & put her back in place if she's all the way out, but she tends to like to get half out & roll onto side, so I just leave her.

Bec, have u tried expressing or diff teats? The pigeon peristaltic nipples are 95% like a nipple, that's what we use. Holly wouldn't drink the formula but she'd drink expressed milk. On the 4th attempt, I squirted most of 20mls into her mouth & she sucked the rest between crying, then the next day, she drank a full bottle no probs.
    Cute pickies & in their swimmers.

Solids: onto solids tomorrow, well 1-2 tspns of rice cereal at lunch.

Needles: 6mth needles & last dose of gastro vaccine done, bit of a cry again, to be expected. DW=6.48kg, L=64.5cm.

Teeth: noticed Holly's 2nd bottom tooth cutting through on Mon, she was bit grizzly for 2.5 days this time, is mostly through now.

Work/Feed: well first day didn't have much sleep, broken sleep (I fell asleep 11pm, feed 2:45am, up 4am & on/off with leaking/sore/hard BB's, up 5:45am) asleep, but Holly slept through last night & bb's settled down, down to 1 morning feed/day, loosing supply now, as topped up with 60ml formula this morning. She went well at child care, they said she was a bit grizzly on her first day & only had 1/3 of 1st bottle & 1/2 of 3rd bottle. She seemed to be enjoying herself, giving the ladies lovely big smiles, so all good.

Shell - I feel for you having to let your boobs dry up - I remember on my third bout of mastitis i said thats it i'm giving up and my boobs were soooo sore and hard - like rocks - sor tof reminded me when i woke up a few days after i had charlie and my boobs were rock hard for the first time. glad Holly is liking Daycare - Charlie is nearly 10cm longer than her - she would be so nice and little and cute - i could just imagine - she is beautiful your photo's are great.

Nicers - charlie is doing the opposite he is rolling from back to front then getting stuck on his belly and screaming.

Solids - Charlie is eating nearly everything - he has farrax and fruit for brekki then yoghurt at lunch then he has vegies ( broccoli, pumpkin, potato, carrot, cauliflower) all pureed up - he loves it! today he sucked on a cruskit he loves them!

Just finished playing Basketball - the only problem with playing at 9pm is you don't feel tired for atleast an hour after you finish. so i won't get tired till about 11.30.....

Hope everyone is going great - hopefully i will get a whole night sleep....... I have to work all day tomorrow - mum has the day off so she will have charlie.

Abs - Was just looking through the "new arrivals thread" Just realised that you put my birth of charlie in there back in april - just wanted to say Thanks.

abs Guest

Morning everyone

No worries on that Jacci - I think we were all wrapped and excited to hear each others news and to spread the word

So much has happened here since I was last on 2 days ago... I was sick all day yesterday... got up (so Jen could sleep) for the 1.30am feed yesterday - changed Jordy got the bottle ready, sat down then called Jen to get me a bucket or something... she didn't make it in time and I was sick all down my front and on Jordy's clothes.

Threw up several more times before 8am then it was the reverse. Then had work calling me all day even though they knew I was having a sickie

All I could fathom foodwise all day was Homebrand Lemonade. So brekkie this morning was yummy scrummy cereal and fruit toast with proper butter

bugger abs - do you know what was wrong?? was it just a bug or something to do with your diabeties

Morning All Abs I hope you are feeling better now!

Jacci can't believe you are playing sport already I have so not enough energy to run around mind you since I sold my car I have to walk everywhere

Well best be off to the doc's talk soon

Bec

Bekky - Hi there. I started playing netball 6 weeks after i had charlie and i had a c section- I play netball monday, Raquetball wednesday, Basketball Thursday, and go to aerobics 3 times a week. I think i am just a gluten for pain!!!!!
    I have a friend who had a baby the same time as me and she was very fit before she had the baby , she still doesn't play sport or anything - some peole handle it very diffirently.
    I thought Declan would of lost some of his hair but he seems to have kept it all he looks sooo cute - little charlie is still bald as a badger....

Jacci Declan has already had 2 hair cute heheheh and is due a third almost it grows so damn fast! It has lightened up alot but thats about it well he did loose a nice baldy patch at the back hehehe put that has started to grow back now he isn't on it all the time!
    I had a c-sec to and I was told I was not allowed to play any sport untill Declan was 6mths old esp no sit ups or things like that! I still get pain in my scar now some times I think they left a pair os scissors inside me or something!

Shell I have tried that many different types of bottles its not funny I can get him top drink from them after a tantrum or 7 but he wont feed for anyone else so really defeats the purpose!

2nd babies - Hey just wondering is anyone considering TTC soonish within the next 2 years like!? I am planning to start trying so that the baby will be born late 2008 so Declan will be 2 1/2 I am going to try and avoid another winter bubs as it is too cold down here in Tassie!

Bekky - My Doctor said my scar was all good - I don't feel anypain. I have to laugh at the Scissors - hehehe

I will probably start trying at the same time as you. I would like Charlie to be toilet trained maybe.

well took our husky to the vet thismorning to get stitched up, had to take our boxer too so he wasnt left out! after i dropped her off i took Nixon & Marlu for a nice walk!
    Ive spent a bit of time outside today as poor Marlu is very lonely without his sister. i think she is going to come home with a bucket on her head so she doesnt pull the stitches out but keeping the other dog away from them might be a challenge.
    Becky- did u just watch that show last week where surgical instruments got left behind?!?!?! i did, omg make u worry a bit how easily this can happen.
    I had a c/s too, i have been doing SOME excersice sine about 2months, i dont play any sports just now but walk/gym. i still dont do it often enough and so annoyed at myself that i still have my baby weight to loose. the goal was originally 5-6kg by 21st Oct, well now thats 2 weeks away and i havent lost a thing....grrr....no one but myself to blame though
    abs- i hope u start keeping stuff down, did u make it to the docs?
    shell- good luck with holly starting solids!
    Jacci- pass some of your motivation over to me will you!

Nickers - your poor dog - it would be hard to keepthe other dog away - especially when they are probably soo used to playing. How are the dogs with Nixon. Our dog has been really good - just gets a bit ecited.
    You'll have to change Trents age - how does he feel about turning 30

abs Guest

nah, was just one of those badder 24 hour bug things. Doubt it was dinner on Wednesday night though thats what the first expulsion was full of Jen had the same thing as me and she was fine

Still a bit sore around the chest/ribs but getting better

Good to see you back Becky

Jen also had a c/s, she's been walking a bit, probably not as much as she'd like. As you say Jac, everyone is different

And I gotta change my age next Sunday (15th) I catch up to Jen again

Oh and gotta mention, Jordy is being a little ***** today with his sleeps. Simply is not interested in sleeping. Maybe we need to length his up-time between sleeps. Until now its been basically 2hours after waking you could put him back down again and he'll go... Now that he knows how to play with the mobile etc thats what he'll do for a while. Today he's putting his feet out the side or kicking the rungs on the side of the cot

Abs - I have had to lengthen charlies awake time - I don't put him in his cot now till i see him rubbing his eyes and then i put him inthere and he's normally asleep in about 10 minutes - he is the same as jordy - i find charlie with his legs out of the cot inbetween the slats and stuff.

abs Guest

hmm, scarey moment a few minutes ago

he had once again put his legs out, then using them as leverage rolled himself over with his face hard against the mattress... Jen heard him crying differently to normal just sooking. Took the two of us to sort him out and I know how to give the special cuddles that soothes him

HI everyone

Abs, hope jordy is ok now..how scary.Also i think at this age they start to stay awake longer. like jacci,I just put abbey down when she starts to look tired. oh and hope you are feeling better now.

Nickers.. hope your dog is better soon

Jacci..WTG on the exercise.I wish i had half of your motivation.

Shell.. hope it doesn't take long for your bbs to settle down again.. it sounds painful.

I have updated my website with the professional photos we had taken so everyone can have a squiz.

just picked my baby (Tahoe) up. apparently the wound was old. now i feel horrible becuase it musy have happened while we were away. also feel annoyed our friend who stayed here never saw it.
    anyway she also said the wound was quiet deep so she stiched it up & had to put a drainage thing in her leg. she never cries (she howls like a typical husky) but as soon as she saw me she just started crying & hasnt stopped.
    i have to put the bucket thing on her head and seperate the two dogs. now that & we are going out tonight for dh bday i feel bad for leaving her!!!
    ofcourse Nixon was crying in hunger the whole time while i was trying to sort the dogs out!
    ouch poor jordy! gosh they get themselves into some pickles once in the cot and not wrapped dont they!
    amanda jumping on to look at your pics now

Oh Abbey is a stunner!! You & dh dont look so bad yourselves there Amanda! Lovely pics

Amanda - they are great photo's we are getting our family ones done in december.

Nicers- i hope your dog is ok.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast