Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #8

abs Guest

hehe, we are getting a bit more chatty now Shell... won't be long and it'll be new threads before we know it again

Excellent news re Holly's achievements - and good luck with trying for #2

Jordy had his 3rd swim in 3 days in the spa - this time with both Jen & I. He has learnt about hitting the water with his hands to make splashes and loves it - he was kinda doing it in the bath but there wasn't that much room - in the spa there's heaps of space

How are others going with feeding solids. Are bubs actually taking it in, or only just a bit and spitting the rest out... Our little man is mostly spitting it out

Abs - Charlie has been on solids for about 1 1/2 months now and i reckon for the first month he sapt most out - he has now learnt that you have to suck it in and swallow it - still spits out stuff he doesn't like though!

Shell - I wish i was trying to concieve number 2 now!! i don't think we could afford it - would have to wait till charlie is about 2 - but i spose we will never really be rich so what does it matter. Good luck withthe trying! i have gotten my period 4 times now and they are so much stronger than before i had charlie ( sory if TMI)

abs Guest

Jac, Jen was mentioning to me earlier today that hers have been super light since they came back in - guess like all of us (including our bubs) - well in this case all of you ladies, everyone is different

oh, and better update my sig - now is soon enough

Amy, hope ur all feelin better. I've spent 6hrs away from Holly when she was 4wks old, got home around 9:30pm, but not a whole night yet, we had planned to on Fri but changed our minds. Hope u enjoy urself.

Oh no Bec & Jacci, u must be so tired. Lets hope Declan & Charlie begom sleeping through.
    Good luck with the job hunting. What a clever lil man Declan is sittin up & havin pickies taken, cute.

Amanda, hows Abey now & the highchair shoppin?

Shazz, great news on Ryan, except for his poor lil ear. Hope he's feelin better quickly.

Jacci, hehe. PMSL at ur friend's boy. That high chair is a great idea. Wow on growing another 3cm, he is getting so long & take after his mummy & daddy.

Bel, yay on Josiah sitting up, that's a great achievement. Holly sat up yesterday for a short time, umm not sure how long, maybe 30secs, she had her right hand on the floor stoppin her from falling sideways. She still throws herself backwards & tries to get toys at either side & nearly face plants, hehe. There's only 1 other bub in mum's group that isn't sittin up yet (I think), he's 1-2wks younger. That's ok though, they'll sit up in their own time.

Mitch, that sounds so cute. Hope u start feelin better & ur DH gets a job closer.

Wow Nickers, that is a long time, he might catch up later. Wow, WTG Nixon, he's certainly grown.

Sooz, how cute, hehe.

Abs, hopefully Jordy will start sleeping through for you tonight, happy b'day.

Sush, I've heard someone mention recently that bubs can get temps with teethin, who knows maybe charlies getting one. Hope he's much better.
    Sush I've been searchin for a suitable program for a while now, I can email u what I've found with the ones I've tested so far. So far I like Sony Vegas Movie Studio but have to purchase full version for mpeg use & Adobe Premiere but trial isnt compatible with my video grabber so not sure if full version will be.

Lisa, how's Tyron doin? How's everyone else?

Highchair: We did have a babyclub one from target($90->45), but exchanged it yesterday. Tried Holly on some home made apple the other day, watered down with formula, however it still had little lumps in it, I musn't have steamed it long enuf & the lil whizzer thingy didn't puree it enough. Well anyhow DH decided he'd have a go at feeding her & put a whole spoonful in her gob & she started chocking, I screamed get her out, he just sat there, it felt like an eternity but wouldn't have been, I yelled at him & got her out myself but the darn high chair is so hard to get her in & out coz straps only connect to seat at base, not at shoulders & tray doesnt move at all, so I stopped solids & exchanged the darn thing for a dearer one (wanted the steelcraft one on sale but they had no stock at any stores nearby so settled on childcare brand) with removable tray & with shoulder straps that come out the seat, really scared me, so went back to rice cereal & she now opens her mouth in advance & seems to like it. Might try making apple again today, but cook it longer, yikes.

Sleepin: Been findin Holly in the strangest posi's sleeping now, sometimes I'll put her back in normal spot, other times just leave her, she's often on her side against cot or on her tummy now. The other day she was asleep on her belly with both legs out the cot, took a pic, will have to upload some...
    Hmm Holly's only sleepin through every now & then too, she's been waking at 3/3:30am esp on work days but goes back to sleep after bottle. On work days, I get up at 5:30am. The last 2 nights she's been waking on/off from around 5:30 & I've managed to leave her til 7am, not crying, just hear her making noises.

Wonderin if Holly's gettting more teeth, she's been more grizzly lately & twice now I've had to get her up several times coz she wouldn't sleep.

Holly's so interested in our dog & cat now, all she wants to do is touch them. She's also fascinated with tags, eg: learning puppy & bib tags, just flicks them back & forward with her pointer finger, so cute.

Shell, good luck with TTC again how exciting! i would like to TTC Jan 07 but we are kinda just waiting to see where DH job is taking him atm. we wanna get back to syd & think it would be better to wait to have No:2 when we are back, considering what happened with Nixon it would be very hard to be looking after him if i was in hosp and dh having to work.
    i have a bit of a headache thismorning, friends come over for dinner last night & i drank too much wine! oh i dont miss this feeling! dh has taken Nixon to do the shopping so i could have some me time, i wanna do my scrapbooking but my head is pounding & no panadol until they get back!
    Solids- Nixon tried mashed Pear on friday & absolutley loved it!! im gonna try him with some apple today. he still pushes food out but is getting better!

Sorry for Barging in Girls but just wanted to wish ABS A Hip Hip Hooray Happy Birthday Today!!!!!!!

*sneaks out again*

abs Guest

hehe good on ya Mel ta

Mum, Penny (my sister) and one of my nephews (Thomas who is 11.5) flew up from Melbourne for the day... They are in the air on the way home as I write this. I knew something was going on when Jen pulled all this meat out of the fridge to be bbq'd - took 3 sessions to cook it all

Got a couple of things to play with Jordy, including 2 RC cars, only problem is the are on the same frequency, meaning each controller controls both cars - and they use different controls... so both can't be used at the same time. And a cheque from Jen's parents to buy some toy car or train stuff for Jordy - gonna get the GeoTrax things.... Penny has some for her 4yr old (he's been using it for over 2 years) - it's cheaper than Thomas the Tank Engine stuff and there's more stuff for it. Anyone else seen it (there's bits and pieces on eBay and a few online toy places)

Hope the head is feeling a bit better now Nickers - let us know when you move back to Sydney

And hope everyone had a pleasant weekend
    Last edited by abs; October 15th, 2006 at 06:02 PM.

Happy Birthday Abs!

Things have to start improving for you soon Theresa, surely. Great news on Georgie feeling better & nearly crawling.
    I've given Holly 5 feeds of organic rice cereal with formula or water & 2 feeds of peeled steamed apple with formula, but didn't know it had to be thickly peeled, yikes.

I did say it yesterday morning, but Happy B'day again Abs (for yesterday).

Well I got a lovely pressie today (well late last night), hmmm, AF, so on CD1 today, well at least I know my body is getting back to some sort of normal, hehe.

Oh & I meant to say I felt so guilty for yelling at DH the other day over the feeding thing & apoligised shortly after, I just got scared & emotions got the better of me, oops.

happy b'day for the other day abs!

still not sleeping very well although improving went to bed 8:30 woke at 12 4 6 7:30 so thats not tooooo bad!

Declan spits out most food depends what it is i put farex in his last feed (usual give him formula before bed) which i think is hlping to fill him a bit

well best be off hav a good 1

Hi guys... & Happy birthday ABS.....

I didnt manage to get alexas website done in the weekend cause I was too excited..... Finally my crap luck is changing... i won 2nd division in lotto over here & won $17,000.... i am so hoping that this is the turning point that I have so desperatly needed....

I promise to update Alexas website tonight (jsut dont tell her cause she will misbehave LOL)...

Sorry for my rant.... will do personals later i promise LOL... once I stop grinning...

WOW Mitch, that's fantastic!! Congratultions.

Will do more personals later, just popped in to ask for your address Jacci, so I can send you that teething dummy....

Bel

abs Guest

thx girls

well done/congrats Mitch - am sure you can put that to good use

Some good goings for you too Theresa

some good news here, Jen called where she got the cars from, they understood about the dual control thingy and so she's swapping one of em - apparently they have the frequency printed on the box (both had 27MHz, there is a couple to choose from so that doesn't happen, but I guess you gotta know what it means)

Though Jen now has the cold that I had all last week - I still have the remnants of it (coughing up phlegm) - she was soo out of it last night I did all the gettings up to feed Jordy at 11.30 and 4.15 this morning - she did go and get him to bring back into our room at 6.30 though

mum21 Guest

Hi everyone

Just wanted to jump on quickly to wish Abs a happy belated birthday for yesterday.

Been really busy organising a video montage for my dad's 50th and a cross stitch for his present. His birthday is in 2.5 weeks so have been a busy so I'll be back when I've finshed them both.

WTG Mitch, that's fabulous news, congrats.

Hehehe, 'tis my b'day today (anniv was 11th), hehehe.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Abs,

Happy belated birthday!

Shell, yay on TTC again! I hope you have much success! Also, thanks for the email. I will look into the programs you suggested and let you know how I go!

Mitch, you little beauty! Woohoo on winning lotto!

Solids: Charlie was as ready as he was ever going to be. He doesn't spit out. Even when he doesn't like it! He just pulls a face and refuses to take anymore. Believe or not, he's not keen on pears! But I keep reintroducing it every three days so he will eventually get used to it.

Sitting up: Charlie is close, but no cigar! I suspect it'll be a few weeks more yet!

Oops my toast is ready! BBL!

abs Guest

Happy Birtyday Shell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone

Happy Birthday to ABS and Shell.

Bel - My address is 81 Learmonth Street Portland Vic 3305. Do you want me to send you some money for it?

Solids - Charlie pretty much eats anything, he doesn't like the vegies at the moment - but i am persevering with it. He is on the next stage up of farex. so it is like museli
    he has yoghurt for lunch. then he has vegies for tea (remember i have a big boy he needs his food)

Sleep - Charlie slept thru the night before - but last night i was up atleast 6 or 7 times!!! I think he must be still teething.

Teething - I have a qst????? - When babies are teething do there teeth just keep coming up and down until they pop thru coz some days charlie is great and then other days he just screams all the time coz his teeth are hurting?

Mitch - That is awesome winning the money - good on you! i hope your luck is changing.

Nickers - Do you just not like melbourne or do you want to get back to your family? Did you move to melbourne for work?

Shell - Charlie is fascinated with our dog he just laughs at it.

Sush - my charlie will sit on his own but not pull himself up into a sitting position - Happy 6 month Birthday to your CHARLIE

Netball - Charlie and i were watching netball on saturday Aus -V- NewZealand - god charlie was funny! every time the umpire blew the whistle charlie would kill himself laughing - i couldn't watch the netball for laughing at him!

Abs - I will have to have a lok for the GeoTrax. Coz Thomas the stuff is so expensive

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast