Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #9

good morning everyone.

Hope you all had a great weekend.

As i said earlier the floors have finally been finished and the looks soo much better. Charlie loves them he can push his way backwards on his belly all the way down the hall.
    He has taken to spinning himself around on the floor to get a toy - looks soo cute!

Boobs - I'm willing to give up half of my boobs to anyone!!!

Toothless & Bald!!! my little boy is still both of them. He looks like he is teething - coz he has red cheeks and dribbles all the time - but no teeth thru yet! his hair has thickened up a tiny bit but its still nearly white so you can't see it!

Hi to Bec - welcome to our group - we have been lucky to pick up a few new members so far. hope you enjoy it.

Shell - must be a bugger to try and work out what holly can and can't eat!

Well i'll duck off and feed charlie breakfast and then i'll come back and finish my post

abs Guest

Jacci, have you spoken to Gavin about that offer !

Still toothless and red cheeked here too, but certainly not bald. He has the most awesome blonde (with a touch of ginger) hair, the amount is almost perfect (needs a little thickening behind his head though)

Theresa, awesome with both Georgie and Em... it must be a relief

Things are cruising here at the moment, we HAVE to clean the fish tank today, the fishies on Finding Nemo have nothing to complain about versus our one at the moment - oops. Just gotta find time - hopefully this arvo.

Oh, Jordy is still only rolling from back to front then gets frustrated big time. No real pulling of his knees up either... Are others doing something so they get the idea to get up on their knees ??

Oh we might not see nickers for a little while - her computer was trying to send me a MSN virus last night, fortunately I didn't activate it (click on a link)
    Last edited by abs; October 31st, 2006 at 01:00 PM.

abs - bugger Gav - he doesn't have to lug these big boobies around!!!!! hehehe

jelliebean Guest

Hi there

REMEMBER ME!!!!!!!

just wanted to say hi!!! and see how you all are. We recently moved 700kms up north coz my other half had a great job offer. We've been here 2 weeks and I really like it.

I spent the last 3 months so stressed about the big move, but now i'm here im so relaxed and relieved its all over.
    It was so good to see most of you still around.

lol im chatting to abs on msn right now!!! if anyone else wants to add me on their msn im at [email protected]

Anyway Luke is blossoming and has caught up to his peers (developmentally). They said he would around 6 months. Can you believe this time last yr we were chatting on here.... i thought of that on the weekend...when i was watching the cox plate. I thought of how we chatted about the Melbourne cup....lol

Other than the big move not much has happened.....

I look forward to reading about you all soon...... bye

Hi Everyone!

Welcome back jellie!! of course we remember you. So good to hear that luke is doing so well and that your move went good too. You will have to tell us all the exciting things that luke has been up to!

Jacci... lol at the big bbs and charlie sliding on your new floor.

Abs... hope your fishies are in a nice clean tank by now! We didn't do anything to encourage abbey onto her knees, she just did it, and jordy will too in his own time.

Theresa.. So good to hear that both girls are doing so well, and goodluck with starting em back on food, i'm guessing you have to do it really slowly? Abbey gets up on her toes as well and gets frustrated too, she just hasn't worked out that its her hands she needs to move now.

Shell... good to hear that holly's excema is clearing up. Abbeys still comes and goes. She has it atm but hopefully it will clear up soon.

Well, Abbey tried her first solids today! just rice cereal and ebm, she thought it was quite funny and ended up with alot on her face but ate most of it. Will keep her on rice cereal for a bit and see how she copes before trying anything else.
    Had PIL here for the weekend which was sending me crazy but they have gone now
    Other than that not much news, abbey has swimming in the morning and we are also starting to look at houses to buy.

Hi to everyone else and welcome to the newbies!

mum21 Guest

Hi everyone

I'm back from my weekend up at my folks place. Went up for a hen's night which was really good to go out with the girls.

I've just been reading quickly on whats been happening.

We went and got Declan's needles and 6 month checkup last Wed. I can't believe that he is already 6 months and how quickly he is growing. Below are his stats.

Birth: Weight - 3510g, length - 50cms, HC - 35cms
    9 days: Weight - 4200g, Length - 53.5cms , HC - 36.5cms
    2 months: Weight - 5870g, Length - 58.5cms, HC - 41cms
    4 months: Weight - 6950g, Length - 62.5cms, HC - 43cms
    6 months: Weight - 8050g, Length - 68.5cms, HC - 45cms

Hair - His hair is finally starting to grow and thicken up thankfully. I can't believe he was such a baldy.

Teeth - Declan already has an eye tooth but no others (he is like his mum and does things differently )

Boobs - yep I'm willing to give away half of mine too if anyone wants em.

Food - We started Declan on solids at 5 months (due to doctors recommendations). He loves his rice cereal & the banana multigrain one too, he loves potato, pumpkin and beef, chicken and vegies (carrots, parsnip, peas & corn), apples, pears & bananas (i make all these). He loves chocolate custard (thanks to my mum looking after him that weekend). I'm pretty lucky that he just loves to eat pretty much anything. He love his rusk sticks too.

Milestones - Declan can sit by himself and is almost crawling (he seems to go backwards atm which he doesn't mind)

PPAF - she's still MIA so you won't hear me complaining until it comes time to TTC again.

Abs - how did cleaning the fish tank go?

Jacci - Declan has been doing the samething as Charlie re: spinning to get his toys. Isn't it just adorable. He has also taken to pushing himself backwards if he wants other things ie. getting into our bookcase today

Theresa - Good to hear the girls are doing well

Shell - How did the squash go down with Holly?

Mitch - wow 8 months already, she'll be 1 before you know it (sorry but that's the way I'm feeling atm and Declan's only 6 months, the time just flies by)

Becky - I love the pics. Oh and great pick on the name for your boy LOL

Sushee & Nic - How are you guys going?

Just wanted to say hi & welcome to guccibabe.

Sorry if i missed anyone but gotta go check the chook that I have on for dinner.

Hi all again!

Just got back from netball - had a win!

Lisa - just a quick qst - were did you get Tyron's Tux from?? charlie gets christened in 6 weeks.

Well better go start organising my christening invitations.

Jac

qst - does charlie have to wear white at his christening?

well i am here.... hmm sorry about that abs. my friend sent me a link (well i thought she did) and silly me clicked on it... then my msn started sending the same link to everyone in my msn. anyway think its been resolved now, dh has been doing something on here hopefully fixing it. but he also took off msn so will have to re install it some time.
    Nixon has been one upset boy today. doing my head in..... His 2nd tooth seems to be coming through with his first so he is not a happy chappy.... i hope this doesnt last too much longer is all i can say!
    Jacci i will pm u the place Lisa got Tyron's tux from , its an online shop they r based in Syd. i know cause i got her to send me the link & i got Nixon an outfit from there to! (taylored pants & vest 4 his christening) 6 weeks should be enough time seings i think i only gave them 3 weeks to get ours done!
    Are your floors nice and shiny!

Abs- Nixon has forgotten to roll so the most he moves is around on his back in a circle lol! Then on his tummy he gets frustrated and wont roll himself onto his back. I think it will b sometime b4 he figures out this crawling business. im not really complaining i know i put him somewhere he is pretty much there (maybe just turned around) when i return!
    Amanda- glad Abbey liked her food! good luck house hunting. are u looking in the same area u r now?

Hi Jacci,

You can borrow Tyron's tux if you like, I will send it to you??

I think it depends on what kind of christening is it catholic, if so I think they have to wear a proper christening gown??

Hi Jellybean, long time no see, Mitch, Becky23 & Jaime have been popping in from time to time too just recently. Hope I haven't missed any of the born in march due in april group.

Theresa, xlnt news on things looking up.

Amanda, hope the eczema makes a final departure for both of them.

Abs, we had a 4ft tropical fish tank for yrs (had coldwater fish for yrs b4 that) & 4yrs ago sold it all, was just becoming a pain cleaning & looking after the levels & the cat loved to scare the fish. Don't envy u there, although I do love fish, I hate the responsibility that goes with it, hehe.

Oh Melbo & Jaime, r u around? Hows things with u?

Jacci, yay on the floors being finished.

Oh Nickers, lets hope that tooth comes thru or stops hurting.

Holly's sitting almost unassisted now & is also pushing herself backwards on hands/knees & rocking back/forward. Her lil red tushie is getting worse, to the point there are raw broken skin areas. The runny poo just keeps coming in small doses, almost every nappy change. She had a slight temp again the other night, still blaming her front top teeth. Well she doesn't love squash (thnx Amy), but ate it anyhow, banana next, then there's 4 more to try on the 6mth list (pear,swt pot,beans).

abs Guest

yay the fish tank is finally done - we started it before dinner, the fish swam in a large bucket whilst we ate, then we finished it afterwards

Jordy can see his friends quite easily now He loves to stare at the tank (not anywhere near as big as yours Shell - and it has 4 "goldies" in it, 3 are goldfish, the other is something similar but all silver). Our white cat over the years has had a couple of paw swipes at it, but neither of em now pay it any attention

Good to chat to you Jelli, but I was in the middle of fixing up something for work - finally finished it about an hour ago (hmm, some times working from home has its bad sides - but I'm not really gonna complain)

Shell... try Daktozin for holly's nappy rash, it worked wonders for abbey. hope the teeth come through soon.

Abs.. glad your fishies can now see the view lol

Nickers... hope your computer is better. We are looking to buy in a newer area of town and maybe even build but not sure yet.

Jacci... congrats on your win. I think its alot more relaxed with christenings these days and you can do what you like, but i would check with who was doing it just to be safe.

Amy welcome back...declans stats are great.

Ok i have a couple of questions:

1st for those who are FF.. about how much were they having at 6 weeks? SIL is FF and is giving her DD 210mls, it just sounded like alot to me. She will be overtaking abbey in size before long.

2nd.. for those that have had AF return, were your cycles a bit out of whack at first? I have only had AF once but am a bit over a week late now :eek: no real chance of being pg (that i can remember lol) so I was thinking that it might be because i am still bf?

guccibabe, I have added your details to the front page.

abs Guest

amanda, 210mls would be far too much

Is her baby actually drinking it all ? we were probably only doing 150mls at that stage (our formula is 1scoop / 50mls) but doubt he was drinking it all

Jen's on AF #5 - and yes they are irregular

Jordy finally demolished all of what Jen had made for him solids wise. He seemed sooo much more comfy in the seat today and he could easily see me sitting at my desk whilst Jen was feeding him at the table

at 6 weeks i think Nixon would have been on about 80mls lol!
    nixon was christened in a catholic church & did not wear traditional gown.
    His outfit was beige and pants/vest/collard shirt.
    Nixon tried zuccini thismorning. another tick there, i am wondering if there is anything he will turn his nose up at! (well will be good if there is not)
    Went for a good 1hr walk today it was just so nice outside i just kept going! Nix was asleep so he didnt care!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Charlie was also christened in a Catholic church and was the only child there in white. One child was in jeans and a t-shirt.

Avocado was a hit! Must try zuchinni next Nic!

Alexa had only just gone on to bottle feeds from tube feeds & was only on about 45mls!!!

She still only has 180mls now !!!!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast