Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #9

Happy 8 months Alexa!!
    how funny, when Nixon came home from hosp he was on 65mls! seems like nothing now. i remember when he first started feeding (through the tube) and they started on 2mls.... then every few feeds they uped it by 2-4mls. we were cheering when he got to like 16mls etc!!

Yup.... know that feeling Nic..... One of the NICU Nurses made Alexa a 2kg certificate.... it is so cute... it is in her Album now along with all the bits & pieces, like monitor leads & splint & bits & pieces,...

Time has flown by it is scary... in 4 months it will be her 1st birthday OMG!!!!!

ohhh wish we had of kept some of the leads etc....How cute for a 2kg certificate hehe!
    we did get the little sunnies that velcroed onto his head when having photo therapy, i have them in his album!

abs Guest

We tried Avocado at lunchtime... will need another go or two, he seemed a bit unsure about it, then scoffed his sweet potato

Just found a much easier way to get him in and out of his high-chair... lean the seat back !!! Why didn't we think of that soooo much sooner :eek:

Happy 8months Alexa !!

abs Guest

Thinking back it probably was under 100mls each time... not 150. Seems sooo long ago him being only 6 weeks old

Well this arvo was interesting. He wouldn't sleep at about 3pm - he was due for one

As the arvo wore on, he got grumpier and grumpier, but well it gets to a point that no way are you going to bed yet. Finally around 5.30, I took him upstairs, put a bottle in his gob which he drained quick smart.

In the 14 seconds it took for me to get the bib off him, get the handtowel over his front and sit him up to burp him, he was sound asleep. No neck control at all. I had no chance of any sort of control over his head

Called Jen in and she burst out laughing. He half woke when she tried to lift his head, and lights out again 2 seconds later

That's my boy - got him into his cot without even trying to be quiet. Simply put him in his grobag, tucked him in, turned out the lights, a nice cuddle between us outside his door and cracked up laughing... he was sooooo cute

Morning all

Lisa - what size suit is Tyrons? Charlie is in a 0 at the moment.

FF - charlie was only on 80mls at 8 weeks - i was still breastfeeding till then.

Shell - my floors are great - charlie loves them he slides around everywere - i will put a before and after shot up later

Bad Nappy Rash - charlie had really bad nappy rash about a month ago - to the point were it was cracked and even started to blister - i tried every sort of cream, in the end the health nurse said that there was an old wifes tale she had hear that you put the white of an egg on it and let it dry. I had tried everything, so thought might as well give it a go! and it worked! (don't ask me how) All i did was beat the egg whites a little bit then put it on his bum - let him play on the floor and it dried, then left it about 1/2 hour gave him a bath and it didn't look anybetter - but within a few hours it was heaps better, I did it about 2 or 3 times over the next day and now it is good. Might work for you. ( also might have just been a coincidence!!)

Sleep - Charlie slept thru all the way last night till 7am - from 8.30pm - I didn't have to get out of bed once - was so good!!!!

Nickers - I kept all the tubes and stuff from when charlie was flown to melbourne - I would never have thaught of it but the nurse told me to take it. Good job on the walk!

I have been taking Charlie to netball,basketball,racketball & tennis - and it amazes me that he can be sooo tired when he gets there but the minute i start playing any of these sports he just sits in his pram and watches everyone run around - he won't go to sleep at all he just likes to sit and watch the world go by.

he has a really bad weeze at the moment, his nose is running and he has a cough - we are going to the MCHN today to get him looked at, I get so stressed about it coz he had those lung problems when born.
    Last edited by Jacci PG; November 2nd, 2006 at 10:03 AM. Reason: forgot stuff!

Hi Jacci,

Tyron's suit is a size M or for babies 6 - 9 months, Tyron is pretty big like Charlie. It is so cute though with the little bow tie!!!

Hi everyone else, sorry got lots of work to do, will be back later.

abs Guest

Hi ladies

we went to a Day Care centre earlier today... looking at maybe 2 days a week Gotta think of the positives of interaction with other bubs/children. The place is new (<2 years old) and large. Faciilities look good and is next to the centre management of a large shopping centre - means we could do the groceries after dropping Jordy off

And can get in basically right away since it's only 2 days. Looking at maybe end of November though

This is scary stuff - handing bubs off to someone else :eek:

Abs - I was looking at putting charlie into care - on day a week because he either comes to work with me or he goes to my mum's he is starting to get very clingy to both of us so i thouight it would do him good to go somewere else. I just don't like the fact that i won't be with him! luckily one of my best friends runs the centre so i know she will keep an eye on him.
    Hope the daycare is good for you.

Lisa - I'll get charlie measurment and then you can tell me if it will fit

Thnx Amanda, the poo's seem to have subsided for now & nappy rash is looking alot better but still there. Wow haven't heard that one Jacci, thnx.
    AF, I've had 2 or 3, 2mths, 4mths & 6mths & weaned for 3wks up to 6mths.
    Holly had only a couple of formula feeds around 2-3mths, 1 satchel of S26Gold = 120mls, from memory she wouldn't drink it all.
    At 6mths 130-180mls, 7mths 180-200mls.

Oh Jacci, hope he's feelin better real soon.

Abs, the childcare near us opened in May & is also large, has 5 rooms for diff age groups up to 5yo's. Holly went from being very sooky when friends/rels wanted a hold to happy to be held, she's there 2days/wk. Yes it was scary at first.

abs Guest

re Childcare: We asked about just one day a week, but they have a minimum of 2. So chosen Tuesday and Thursday - I think we will go with this place.

AF.... I am getting AF every 2 weeks!!!!!! i am totally sick of it!!!!!!! Have been taking 2 BCP a day to try & regulate my cycle but it is still up the Whop!!!!!!!

it is getting beyond a joke, not to mention expensive!!!!!!

BBL Gotta get motivated to do some work!!!!

Mitch - That would suck!!!

AF - I am regular now - got it when charlie was 3 months and have been spot on to the daynearly - was very heavy first couple but has gone back to normal now.

Took Charlie to the MCHN -she thinks i should not give him yoghurt or any dairy products for a while to see if that gets rid of the weeze, so will c how that goes.

Mitch thats not fair every two weeks....are u on the pill or anything?
    I remember when i was & if i would miss taking it by like 12hrs i would get my periods... i was shocking with remembering and constantly kept getting them every couple of weeks.
    AF returned at 4 months then it seemed like a long time between 1 & 2 but when i calculated back it was 31days, so looks like my cycle is kicking back into normal again also.
    Thats strange that yoghurt might be the cause of Charlie's weeze Jacci. Did she have a reasoning for it? Anyway see how he goes without it for a litte bit. can u pm me your email addy so i can send u a pic of Nixon's outfit! Thanks

abs Guest

that's no good about George Hope its not that all

Xmas - we're heading down to Melbourne one of the weekends before xmas - mostly likely 16/17 seeing xmas day is the monday. We do a kringle between the kids somehow. Pressie wise, he's too young to really worry about it at the moment, but am looking to get some things for him to play with when he's a bit older

Already got the 2 RC cars, one for me, one for him - Jen's parents gave me $100 for my birthday towards either Scalextric or the FisherPrice Geo Trax (search eBay for "geo trax"). My sister Penny's 4yr old has quite a nice Geo Trax set which he started using at about 2yrs of age. Only problem is they are very hard to find in shops and eBay is hard to win em for a half decent price

But there'll be some size 1 and 2 clothes to get (I think) - he is still in 0's afaik, and books and educational toys

He was a little ratbag this morning. Woke at 5.30, up for his usual 2hrs, then slept for a solid 2hrs (3x40mins). So I've been up for nearly 5hrs already

Even from a guys point of view, that 2week cycle must be extremely annoying - is the length sortta half of normal ? (whatever that is). Jen's AF is here at the moment, no playtime here
    Last edited by abs; November 3rd, 2006 at 09:29 AM.

well we will be travelling up to sydney for xmas! havent figured out what date & for how long, need to work around dh & his work.
    i bought Nixon a few toys when Target had that big sale on, trying not to buy Too much because as Abs said he won't really understand it! Next year will be a lot more fun, but this xmas is the FIRST!! so i have bought him a couple of little chrissy outfits to wear & a musical santa beard bib lol!

oh really, i never knew dairy could affect chesty stuff & eczma. funny i have had eczma my whole life (not terribly bad but comes & goes) & i never knew that... i mainly assoc my eczma with the weather & windier times it seems to flair up, i get it mostly on my legs/feet.

Nicers - I have eczma on my upper arms a tiny bit. He isn't as bad today as he normally is - he weezes more in the morning and at nights - but pretty good during the day. my email address - [email protected]
    were did you get the musical santa beard bib?

Christmas - We don't have to travel - both parents live within 3 blocks of each other. I got charlie - a buck and spin zebra, a little plastic 3 wheel trike, a fold out thomas the tank couch and some plastic tonka trucks. i know he won't know what any of them are -but it is his first christmas!

Abs - Bugger on the sleep! - luckily charlie has slept thru for the last week! it has been great - but i am getting tired still - don't think my body is used to somuch sleep!
    Hope jordy sleeps thru soon - tell him the baby faries will come and take him if he's naughty! hehehe

Theresa - hope george gets bette soon - Charlie loves the wiggles - You wiggle your fingers like they do and he kills himself laughing. I bet your girls will love it - especially Em. How is she going?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast