Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #9

shell- yeah we've (well i should say I) have made everything Nixon has tried so far. Its quiet easy to steam & puree & i have been doing them in batches & freezing in ice cube trays etc. Nixon seemed to like pumkin aswell today. Actually he hasnt NOT eaten anything we have given him! next on the list is some more vegies (maybe zucinni) & also bought some of those little yoghurts to try.
    ok cool so doesnt take long for the tooth to come up then.

That's what i do too Nickers, 3 pieces of pumkpin pureed made 8 ice cubes = 4 meals at moment. The time it takes for a tooth to come thru varies greatly from what I've been told, some bubs have their tooth cut thru but it keeps going up & down, Holly's came thru relatively fast.

I would've prob fed Holly for bit longer if I hadn't had returned to work Shazz, so know what u mean, go for it.

I've added few more pics, 1 shows her 2 teeth.

Hi all thought I should join the april club!!
    Forum Name:guccibabe
    State:QLD
    Baby's DOB:12/4/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight -4.23kg Length 55cm- Head Circ -33.5cm
    Gender of Baby: bouncing boy
    Baby's Name:Tariq
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:Breastfeed beautiful big boy!

Hello Guccibabe!! Welcome to our humble group!!
    So tell us your story. Is this your first baby? what he on time/early/late?
    Tariq is a very unique & lovely name! How do you actually pronounce it? Tar-ick?
    My Name is Nicole, i live in melbourne and i had my first baby on the 17th April. his name is Nixon. He was not due until June so made an unexpected appearance on Easter Monday! This is a lovely group, but i am sure you will get to know that. Look forward to getting chatting to you!

Hey all sorry I ve been mia again
    MITCH love the lexi piccis!!! Can't believe that tiny little dot is that big now!

Ive been staying with my parents for a few days why jono is away I have taken some awesome pics which I will upload to DJ's website shortly!

Well best be off my time on the net is about to run out and I wanna upload these piccies!

Hi all My name is bec i am 25.
    Yes Tariq is my first bub! He arrived a day after his due date.. could not believe how big he was! 4.2kg sooo did'nt expect it! Had great pregnancy and labour(natural birth) was very lucky.. He was colicky (I think silent reflux) for the first 4 months but now thank god he is wonderful and happy!
    yes u pronounce ta-rik..my husband is turkish/muslim and it means 'the morning star'
    I live on the sunny Gold Coast and just love the support on this forum! Love breastfeeding and attachment parenting.. well co-sleeping/BF and following babies lead.
    love to get to know u all!

Congrats & welcome Guccibabe.

They sure are lovely pics Bec. Lovely gardens too & I like the fancy window above the bed.

Thanks they were taken at my mums by me! the window is in the parents bedroom DJ was helping mum make her bed

Wow... I cant believe your bubs have teeth already...... Alexa is still a gummy baldy LOL... she lost all her hair but it is slowly growing back...

She leves fruit, & custart, we have tried... apple, pears, custard, apple & mango, pear & banana, fruit salad, mixed veges, pumpkin, parsnip & corn, pumpkin & sweet corn, carrot & rice (not fussed on this though)... I havent made any for Alexa yet, but when she starts eating bigger meals I am going to make up & freeze food for her.....

She also likes ice cream & chocolate..... like her mummy : )... but didnt like the pork chop jeff tried to make her eat!!!! she puked all over him afterwards LMAO.... that will teach him!!!!!!

I cant believe it will be 8 months since she was born on Wed... time has gone soooo fast!!!!!

abs Guest

Wow mitch - 8 months YIKES, where has the time gone. Hehe re Jeff

Hiya Becky, good to hear from you again

Hi Guccibabe... I'm Jordy's dad, and the girls here have let me join in the discussions with their group for almost 12 months now - well I wouldn't go away, my other half is not that fussed on using internet forums but I use quite a few. Whilst I couldn't directly relate to exactly they they were going through, eg during pregnancy, I could associate it with what Jenny was going through, and say "oh yes, so and so has had that or done that etc etc". So I feel at home, and we all get along really well. I can sometimes add a guys view to a couple of things from time to time too

So welcome, and we hope you will continue to be a part of the April group (with a few additions, Mitch and Becky23 were originally due in April but their bubs arrived early)

Big weekend here, Jordy is now scoffing his food, up to 3 "meals" of solids with some formula now. Thank god for Daylight Savings having kicked in. He went to bed at the new 6.30 last night and woke at 6am (with 2 overnight wakes at 12.30 and 4am). He is also all but sitting too... can't wait for parents group on Wednesday, Alexandra who can already sit on her own might have company

Hope everyone has a great day and week

Becky- love the pics! i agree nice flowers! thats so cute Declan is sitting up by himself now too. When i sit nixon up he just slumps forward and then slowly leans to one side hehe!
    Nixon tried yoghurt thismorning! he also liked it but ykk regurgitated doesnt smell to nice!
    Oh WTG Jordy on the sitting status! give him a few days he'll be a pro at it!
    Hi Bec (guccibabe)- good to hear all is going well with you & Tariq, what a lovely meaning his name has.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Morning all!

Welcome guccibabe! This is one of the friendliest groups on the boards, I'm sure you'll love it here!

Mitch, Charlie is a toothless baldy too! Though he's chomped down on me a few times in the last couple of days, so if he's getting teeth, I'm going to have to be careful round him from now on!

Charlie hates banana. And apple. Loves his root veggies, like pumpkin, parnsip, carrots etc. I re-introduce banana and apple every few days. I am not going to have a fussy baby! Lol! Also read somewhere that some babies take up to 10 tastes of a particular food before developing a liking for it. He's having avocado for brekkie today. ATM he's on 2 meals a day only. He has dropped a couple of feeds too, so I'm thinking maybe AF will show up soon?

Charlie still hasn't figured out how to sit up either! He can hold himself upright when supported, but lolls over the minute you take your hands away! ROFL!

Off to look at your pics now Becky! Might check out everyone else's while I'm at it! Gotta see Miss Holly's teeth!

Morning all.

Welcome guccibabe! Looking forward to chatting with you.

Josiah still only has the 2 teeth that came through at 4 1/2 months, but that's cool - he looks cute!

He loves pretty much anything I put in front of him. As far as fruit he LOVES pear, not overly fussed on apple on its own. Veges, he loves pumpkin, I just made a big dish of carrot, zucchini and potato and sweet potato, zucchini and broccoli and he gobbles down both of them faster than I've seen him eat anything. For breakfast he likes weetbix & formula (but he only has it once a week coz otherwise he doesn't poo!) and the Heinz apple & oatmeal, apple & banana porridge, pretty much all those little 'breakfast foods' in the jars.

BBL, gotta tend to a screaming child.

Bel

I'm back...

Sush - I stopped feeding Josiah about 6 weeks ago, and still waiting for AF!! Gonna stop the pill when Mark goes in for his hernia op until I get it. I vaguely remembering the same thing happening when I stopped feeding Janae but it has got us a bit worried atm tho! I'm not ready for another bub yet :eek:

Just had a look at everyones pics - you all have such beautiful babies! I know some people reckon all babies are cute, but I'm not one of them I'm sorry to say (please dont hate me )...so I really mean it when I say they're cute!

GRR, better go, my half hour is up, the master awakes...can't wait until he starts sleeping longer!

Have a great day everyone

Bel

abs Guest

I know what you mean about "some people and all babies" Bel ... we had friends visiting yesterday and they think Nicholas is soooo cute. Sorry guys but he aint - same with another couple we know and their daughter :eek:

Jen reckons if Jordy wasn't she'd be the first to say so

Sushee, re charlies sitting. We were very much like that last week... keep it going and it will literally only be a few days before he's all but got it. I was hunting hi and low for the camera earlier to take some shots of Jordy sitting up - my desk is its usual mess and it was of course underneath something but couldn't find it earlier

He should be awake any second now, seeing he went to sleep at 12
    Last edited by abs; October 30th, 2006 at 11:41 AM.

Hi everyone,

We have a baldy with no teeth as well, Tyron has been munching on everything for ages, but still no teeth!!!

Bel - I am with you, some babies just aren't cute, they will probably grow up to be the duper models!!!

Welcome guccibabe, you will love this forum!!!

Tyron eats everything too, well vegie wise, he isn't a fan of banana though!!! He seems to be needing 3 feeds a day, do you think that is too much, I get so confused over what i can feed him, how many times a day etc..

He is also sitting up, which makes him so much happier, he can play much better and doesn't get half as frustrated as he used to!!!

I have had AF 5 times now, it is like be 15 again, it is so heavy and revolting, weird thing is, I don't get any stomach cramps like I used to???

Well better get back to work.

Yum ice cream & chocky sounds yummy to me too Mitch, hehe. Haha on DH copping the vomit. Our bub's are 1mth & 1day apart. The time sure has flown.

Abs, same here with Holly sitting, last wk she was still toppling, yesterday & today she's staying up for longer again even if leans slightly to side, so getting there.

Hahah Nickers, is vomit ever nice smelling, hehe.

Ouch Sush, lets hope Charlie doesn't make biting a habbit or u'll be quite sore.

Bel, yeah they still look cute with teeth I reckon. A friend's 1st bub wasnt very cute as a baby, but is now a very cute lil girl. Their 2nd bub is much cuter.

Lisa, that's prob a good thing on banana. Bought 2 for Holly yesterday & ended up costing $5.15, WTF? Are they ever going to get cheaper I wonder!!! Have to agree with u on the AF front, yeah I havnt been getting bad cramps but dont know if thats coz of Endo removed.

Hair: Hehe, yeah Holly doesn't have much hair either. Not sure if i already mentioned this but Sat night,

Teeth: Holly just wouldn't sleep at first, tried to put her to bed 3-4 times & she just kept crying/screaming, even me pacing the house with her so gave her some panadol & within 40mins was as happy as larry playing. Think it's her front teeth, I'm sure I can see a white spec where 1 might be bout to cut through. Still got runny poos here & for last 2 days, all bar 2 nappies have had poos & it's making her red raw so assume they must be quite acidic, assume from teething too. Been trying canestan, nappy creams & curash.

Food: Gonna try Holly on squash tonight, then banana 3 days later. Not sure when to up her food intake, as only on 1meal at moment. She's drinking 5-6 bottles 200mls (Heinz Nurture) but doesn't always finish them. Her eczema is mostly gone, just a little bit of red beside her mouth occasionally now, so will try apple again shortly & see if its a prob.

Last physio aptmt with Holly this morning. Neck is perfectly fine (from wry neck/lump in muscle) but 1 hip is clicky, just to have it checked again at 9mths at CHC. Mentioned to her we got a walker given to us 2 days ago & is it ok that I'm putting her in it for a short time daily, she said our opinion is they should be banned all together, too many accidents & can restrict/tighten the calf muscles. Hmm, not sure if I should now, but she likes it.

hi everyone.
    floors are done - yeah.... i'll load some pictures later.
    have fun i'll read back

jac

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast