Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #10

Hey there...
    Kaz - a sister in schrapnel alright! I just looked at the new nappies DH bought before he went away and they are infant! Sob! I hope we dont have any explosive poos!
    Another crap night around here - he was awake at 7:30, 8:30, 10:30,12,1:30, a bit after I lost count - and up for the day at 6....I hope its teeth cause I cant deal with this much longer! Admittedly one or two of those times was the wrap - I got one of the velcro ones hoping that I might be able to stage him out of it cause his hands can wiggle but he is too strong for it altogther!
    As I type he has rolled over in his cot with his arms under wraps - kicking the bars with his feet... AHHHHH!!!!!!

Jen I can sympathise with the wake ups...we've had a bad few days too. Lily has decided that 10.30 is a good time to go to bad and then it's fun to wake up every hour....Thankfully DH has been home and has been helping so it hasn't been too bad for me, but he goes back to work tomorrow so I hope she sorts herself out....

Morning ladies

Mel & Kris - are you still on for Wednesday? Earthly pleasures, and you guys pick the time.

Jen - the pharmacy only had infant too, I hope they're OK (he was weighed at 7790g on Monday last week....)

Kel - *hugs* and good luck with sleeping longer than an hour ....

Well today I'm off to the movies (free ticket from joining Cameo cinema) and then off to Story Time. Maybe see if my hairdresser does up-styles for the wedding.
    Pip is rolling around the lounge room at the moment, I just had to pull my shoes out of his reach. Drat it!

Have a good day ladies (its a cracker of a day here!)

Hey All,

Just been swimming and we were the only ones there today. Olivia has got so good at closing her eyes befor she is dipped in. Shes also starting to blow a few bubbles...its so cute.
    Kaz I am up for tomorrow, I think we said 1130am, but I havent heard from Kris for a while I know she has been sick..... hope shes ok.
    Jen and Kel, wishing you some good sleep. I hope its the teeth and they come through very quickly.
    Well I have organised Olivias first sleep over on 17th of November. DF and I have a bucks/hens night. I dont know if I am more nervous about leaving her overnight or leaving her with my dad!!!! I suppose he has had 8 children, so should know a thing or two, but my youngest brother is almost 15!!! I might have to give him a trial run. My mum works on Sundays at 6am, so she cant do it, luckily they live 5 minutes from each other, then dad can call her if he needs too.
    Anyway will pop back in later to see if Kristie is around.
    Have a great day,
    Love melissa

Hi girls,

Well, we had a better night last night, only 3 wakes ups, I think......and a 7am start to the day. I guess the good thing about Lil going to bed at 10 or so is that she wakes up later....but I still wish she'd go down earlier. I get no time to relax if she goes down so late!! She's been better today, though has still been a grizzle bear from time to time. Those toothy pegs had better pop out soon!!

Glad to hear most of you are having a good day!

Hi girls,
    Havent been around for a while. Phoebe has kept me mega busy and exhausted. I had my wisdoms out last week so I look like a blowfish thats gone a couple of rounds with mike tyson and could give anyone in hollywood a run for their money for pouty oversized lips- watch out angelina!

Phoebe has changed so much in the last few weeks, even her cry has changed. She has slowly driven me insane with her clingyness, she wont even sleep in her cot these last few nights(the storms havent helped either). Im almost at my wits ends with her. Im hoping that its just her teeth and that they will come through soon. It wont be long before she will be able to sit by herself.

I know what you mean about the penny pinching. I was so ashamed the other day of having to borrow money off my mother just so I could buy formula for Phoebe. I hate it when we get a bit of money behind us and steve goes out and buys something trivial but damn expensive-like the $500 camera he got a week and a half ago. We have hardly any food in the house, I'm walking around in clothes that could be classed as rags. He just doesnt think! Anyway thats my whinge lol

Must go, she has just realised where she is lol and is not happy bout it!

Have fun on the get together girls xoxox

Are we stil on for tomorrow? Havent heard from Kristie...hope shes ok.
    Hope everyone is well too
    Melissa

Hi!!!

Sorry I haven't been on - I've been busy trying to catch up on everything since I've been sick!! I'm feeling much better - didn't end up going to the dr's but started to feel better yesterday arvo anyway. Dh is feeling better today as well so it was definitely some sort of bug.

Yep - I'm on for tomorrow!! Shall we say 11am?? Dylan will be due for a feed then so thats ok...

Sorry, I don't have time to catch up properly - Hopefully I will soon!!

See you tomorrow ladies!! Look out for me cos I don't know what you look like!! hehe. Oh by the way - my mobile is 0438 539 435 so just text or call me if there's any problems!!

Hey good to hear you're ok kristie. have a look at my link and you'll know what i look like too.
    Earthly Pleasures... is that on Burwood hwy??? I have no idea but I will see you at 11am
    Melissa

Earthly pleasures is on the burwood highway, behind Safeway. There's parking at the back (behind safeway) - its an old bluestone building.

11am is fine. 0438 889 893 for me

see you then!

Cool see you then, will be wearing my fav brown billabong jumper as seen in my link....lol. I so need to go shopping for some new clothes!

I'll have a red P&T pram

Hehe - I'm wearing billabong as well - but it's a grey hoodie! Oh and I'll be the one with 2 baby boys! LOL!

HI Everybody,
    Hope you guys enjoy yr catch up today -
    I have very red swollen eyes to match your lips tiffany (wisdon teeth yucko!)
    I am hanging on by a tenuous thread - he was up every 45min last night....he wakes up wrapped, unwrapped I am about to loose my mind!

*hugs* to Jen. We have another tooth coming through, I feel your pain. Can you just wrap his body without the arms?

Tiffany - poor you with the clinging! DF complains that Pip is clingy to me, but I put that down to DF not doing what I tell him - eg to hold Pip like this and he'll sleep. Good luck with the teeth.

Well we had hot drinks, warm muffins and then moved onto wedges ... very yummy organic cafe - the wedges were scrummmmy! Then down to the grass for a bit of a roll around.

Dylan is so cute! He pulls himself up in his pram holding onto Louis' toddler seat!

And Olivia is gorgeous, such a pretty face and so engaging - she was playing with Louis heaps!

mmm...body not the problem unfortunately, he can settle thrashing his legs around but its the arms the arms! My mum and her husband are here to "help" cause DH is away - I just went to get the washing in and found my SD asleep with Beau crawling near the dog bowl...now I have to go and make dinner for them - cant they remember what it was like??
    Sorry for rant - glad you had a nice day - I would give anything to meet you guys!

Hmmm.

Maybe try this ... lie B on a wrap centred along the long side and then fold the wrap over his arms only, and tuck under his body. One my g/f at mothers' group does this ... it unwraps if he rolls over though. She does another wrap over his body like normal then ...

Does B sleep on his tummy or back?

OH Jen I hear ya on the arms! We dont wrap Phoebe, but we have to "tie" her arms up just to get her to go to sleep. Thats half my troubles with her at the mo, she knocks her dummy out and them crys for and its around every hour or so. I spat the dummy at her teddy bear (it was the closest thing to scream into) at 4am this morning as I had had no sleep and she was wide awake after her bottle and wouldnt go back off to sleep.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast