Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #12

Hi girls,

Well we're home, and I must say it's good to be here! Lil was a huge hit with the inlaws they absolutely adored her. But it was sooo muggy up there and they have a very different attitude to what is clean in their home. Lets put it this was...Lily had black hands and the tops of her feet after she crawled around (INSIDE) for a while. She had dust in her nooks and crannies, like under her neck...Ugh, ugh, double uuuggghhhh!!! Her finger nails were so dirty, I gave her a bath for 20mins last night to make sure she was clean, LOL! I couldn't put her down on the kitchen floor it was so dirty, besides the fact that everytime I walked in there there was a huge ****roach in there. They have ants everywhere in there too. I told MIL there were ants on the countertop and she said yeah we have ants everywhere and then just walked away!!! She didn't wipe them away or spray them, nothing, yuck!!! I understand having ant problems, but you wipe them away, surely...or am I just a clean freak? DH wanted to go to the movies when we were there but I jsut couldn't leave Lily with the inlaws...they just don't watch her well enough. Thye have so much [email protected] laying around like magzines and craft things MIL does and Lil gets into it all. I went to have a shower and was gone no more than 20 mins and DH had left Lil with MIL and when I found her (in the spare room alone while MIL was playin games on the computer) she had destroyed a pile of old magazines which she was lucky she didn't hit herself in the head with when they toppled down and she was trying to eat a page!
    Anyway that's enough whinging for me, LOL! I'm glad to be home, as untidy as I think it is, it's immaculate compared to theirs!
    Besides for my cleanliness issues, Lily had a ball. They all loved her and she liked it there, especially all her cousins who she met for the first time. And she was so good for us, even in the plane, she was an angel.
    I will catch up on personals later. I hope everyone is well.

Kel

welcome back Kel!

Well last night was horrid again, this time I put panadol in Pip's last bottle before bed, finally got him down around midnight, then at 3:30 when he woke I changed him immediately, gave him more panadol and stayed with him until he fell asleep. He woke again at 9am, we're just back from swimming (well, maybe at 12) and he had half a banana at swimming, and slept immediately we got him home and into his cot. *sighs*

I'm trying to get energy to eat, only 2 min noodles, but its too much effort. Must try though!

Hi everyone,

We are having night feeds again here, prob is I can't keep up. Some nights not til late but other nights he wakes early & will only settle with a feed, but then starts waking every 4hrs so we are up again at 5am or so, ahhhhh! Seems before I could give some water, pop dummy in & no worries..but now a feed is the only thing that helps. It's not teeth as that puts him off his food & don't have that prob atm.

Just a question in regards to panadol & what you said Kaz with the bottle. How do you guys get you precious little one to take panadol?? we had several teeth cut over Christmas but he wouldn't take it. He knows as soon as he see's the syringe, we even tried on a spoon but that's not easy in the dark LOL. Can you pop it in a bottle with some milk??
    Kaz I hope you get to have your noodles, I should be doing something about my lunch but instead I'm on here, he,he.

We were going to try for no2 later in the year though have recently discussed it & are putting it on hold for this year *sob,sob*. I didin't want such a large age gap, but we are moving, want to settle, save some cash & DH looks to have training for new job O/S. So looks like it wont be for a while.

Kel it's amazing how you don't realise how dirty something is until they start to crawl & it ends up all over their hands and feet. Charlie was filthy when he got home from Daycare yesterday. We have soooo much red dust up here, so when they go outside its just horrid.

Hope everyone else is well & that all our bubs start to settle into better sleep.

Kaz...you and me have identical bubs...whats going on with this sleep thing? Almost at my whits end. Lucky my mum came today and i got some time off!! I went to see a Chinese medicine man to fix my back in bulleen...big drive, but was great. Now shes sleeping

Hugs to all you non sleepers...what s going on? All the holiday actiivty or something?
    Geez - I mopped today but I dont think its any cleaner! Eeks!
    I got a MCN today and have decided to make the gradual change. Basically other than the fact we cant fit our rubbish for 2 1/2 people in our bin now - I am trying to save money - I am too broke for words!
    Kaz - how are you going with the MCNs? I must admit until recently I thought that stood for a kind of nurse! How thick am I?

Have a better night you guys.

Jen - which MCN are you starting with? I LOVE them! SOOOOO easy!

Erin - yeah, I put it in his bottle, that worked - I also have a dummy you can fill with liquid and put the panadol in there - it works wonders. Something that a mum from MG said was to give a drop to bub to taste on your finger, then the whole syringe ... as opposed to just sticking the whole syringe in at once. Seems to work. Last night I just used the syringe ...

Another non sleeper here. I can feel the tooth though-it's just under the gum and must be horrendus for her my poor mite. Tonight I think I will put a bottle of water in her bed and see how she goes.

Has anyone heard from Kris?

Erin- We started Phoebe off with panadol in a teet popped it in her mouth and she took it all. Now we just give it straight from the syringe.

Kel- Welcome back. I hope you had a nice time other than the uncleanliness. My mum's place in full of dust bunnies but when she is over there they put a big doona down for her to play on.

Jen- I've been debating whether to cross the MCN line. Mainly just to save a bit on dosh.

Kaz- Lol 2 min noodle are my staple food. It's so much easier if Phoebe is having a day to just pop the kettle on and leave them in the water. Mind you they are usually stone cold by the time I get to eat them.

Hope we all get a peaceful night xoxo

Hi!

Long time no post!!
    We?re all going well though! Last week I got majorly sick and had a fever and shivers etc teamed with a throat infection but I?m all better now! Luckily the kids didn?t get it!
    Dylans going really well! He?s taken 2 steps now and is standing up on his own all the time! Cheeky man! He also pushes the block trolley and anything else that will move around the house so ?walking? as such! LOL! He?s said ?mumum? a few times but I?m not sure he?s meaning it 100% yet?
    Other than today he?s sleeps been really good ? sleeping through the night other than the odd wake up so that?s great as well!! Although in saying that he?s only been having about 2 x 45min naps all day which is less than Louis (he has 1 x sleep for about 2hours!) I think he must be going through a growth spurt or something.
    Still no teeth although I can seem them moving up his gums so we?ll see?LOL!
    Was gorgeous the other morning to wake up to Louis and Dylan giggling at each other in the morning. They play little games now pulling faces at each other and laughing! Dylan pulls this funny face just geez it cracks me up!! (and doesn?t he know it!!)

Erin ? Wow on moving to Qld ? how exciting! Glad you had a good Chrissy!

Kaz ? Hehe ? I?m saying ?no? ALL the time! Hehe. Little cheeky loves to try and get into the dishwasher when it?s open and he just seems to be into everything he?s not meant to ? LOL! LOL on the climbing!!! Yep ? Dylan?s just the same!!
    Yeah at Pip going swimming! It?s very tiring for them ? I bet he had a big sleep afterwards! I?ve got Dylan and Louis doing lessons this year! I?m very excited for Dylan to get in the water ? he loves it!
    Yeah on buying a new car!! How exciting!! What kind is it?
    OMG ? Wow ? you?re weddings so close! How exciting!!!!
    Ooohhh Dylans been feeding really badly also! Although I?d be so happy if he was having that much. He?s so refusing the boob and being ever so fussy!! GRR ? makes things very hard but I shall persist?we?re down to 3 feeds a day now and I?m really not sure how much he?s getting but he seems to be content?and he?s eating heaps

How?s this for a days menu!
    Bf
    Brekky ? 1 weetbix, baby cereal, ? banana
    Lunch ? vegemite s/w, yoghurt, fruit
    Dinner ? Full bowl of pasta/rice/veggies/roast dinner etc ? Like full adult size cereal bowl full!!! LOL!
    Not to mention all the little bits and pieces he eats through the day!
    His favourite is a Boost banana smoothie! LOL ? I know he?s not meant to really have it but he looovvves it! And he loves bakers delight tomato and cheese rolls ? LOL! So naughty ? I must say- I?ve been a lot more relaxed with what he?s eaten that I was with Louis! (although he doesn?t have junky food as such)

Melissa ? I?m with you on the bruises and bumps! I swear Dylan is getting marks on himself all the time!! I suppose that?s what they get when they?re so into exploring.
    Dylan?s very much into cause and effect at the moment and will sit at a door and just open and close it for ages etc. Very cute to watch them learn!
    Don?t you just love the bopping! I think it?s the cutest thing ever! Dylan especially likes to do it for some reason when I put him in the trolley at the shops!! Very funny.
    Sorry to hear that Olivia?s been grizzly ? Dylans quite clingy at the moment as well! I hope you managed some time out! I don?t really have family to just drop the kids off with but with both of them being a big full on lately I so wish I did!! I?m finding I?m losing my patience much more than normal?.so not good. It will probably settle down when we get busy again and get out of the house a whole lot more!
    Wow you sound busy Melissa!
    I haven?t started egg yet?I wasn?t planning too just yet ? I?m not really in a hurry?Louis never liked it anyway really so I?ll wait a bit longer?
    I don?t think standing on her toes should be a problem ? it?s all just learning for them at the moment!
    Omg?I hope you get some more sleep soon! You so shouldn?t have to be feeding her this much cheeky girl! I hope you can sort something out soon!!!

Kel ? Big hugs! Yes ? 1st tri is very hard with a little one to run after ? although it would be so much worse if she was walking! Last tri is hard too mainly because they?re still too little to really walk to much on they?re own so your still carrying them and lugging them into car seats etc. In saying that ? Louis is such a terror at the moment that I?m soooo glad I only had an 18m gap!!! The terrible two?s have well and truly kicked in and I?m not looking forward to my next one having a bigger gap! At least she won?t be talking back yet and chucking major tantrums!!
    Hope you had a great time at QLD!!!

Lee ? Hi! Congrats on your little boy!! I hope ttc no.2 is short and sweet for you! Good Luck!
    Good for you getting some time out!! Sounds like a great night out! OMG at the poo!! I would have freaked out as well!
    Poor little monkey getting croup! Louis has had that and it was the weekend dh was away so I had to do the hospital run on my own ? I was so scared!!
    Well done on the sewing ? how clever!

Tiffanny ? Yeah on Pheobe getting around!!! Poor Dylan ? he looks around the house for me now and he started to cry this arvo when I was at the computer and I found him at the bathroom door crying because he thought I was in there?awwww.
    I hope she?s sleeping better for you now! It?s sooo hard!

Jen ? Yeah at Beau getting around!!! That?s great that things with your dh are going great!!!
    Isn?t that always the way??? I had TBS conference on Sat and Dylan slept really well for dh?.why don?t they always do that for us!
    LOL at buyers remorse on ebay?I get that sometimes!! It?s the thrill of winning that sucks me in though! LOL!

I know you guys aren?t into cc at all?but just to let you know ? we?ve had the night wake ups with Dylan too but we did the cc and he?s sleeping through now?Also ? you don?t have to just let them scream for 10min?you can let them cry for 1min, then 2min etc and then go intermittedly (sp?) Anyway?just letting you know what we did?

Ashlee ? Dylan?s almost the same age! He?s been cruising for a while now as well and has started to take steps to us now! He?s taken 2 so far but he?s often taking 1 to get to something! Don?t be scared ? it will be all good!! Well?It could still be a while before he properly walks ? you just never know!! Or he could do it in a couple of weeks ? each bubbas different!

Erin ? Glad you had a great time away! It will certainly be an exciting year for you! Charlie sounds like he?s going great!

Iona ? How great to hear from you! Happy 9 months Luke!! Sounds like you guys are going great!!

After that mammoth post I better get ready for bed! Chat later!

LOL - thought I was done and I missed this page!!

Kel - I don't think you're a clean freak! It makes it very hard to relax in that situation...you poor thing - I can see you'd be very happy to get home!! Glad the loved her though!

Erin - Sorry to hear your night feeding also...be careful with adding panadol to a bottle as sometimes they won't drink any of it!! We just force it down and then follow with milk....(geez doesn't that make me sound like a cruel mum! )

Melissa - Yeah on getting your back fixed...I must see a physio soon...my necks starting to give me trouble again...

Jen - Good for you going the cloth nappies! I'm wayyyyy to lazy!!

Tiffanny - Hear I am!!! LOL!

Ok - now I'm going - LOL! Nighty night - hope you guys sleep well!

Good Morning!
    Wow Kris! That must have taken you all day - you are a champ! Glad you are feeling better, that sounds so cute the boys entertaining each other - B has been saying mummum for about a month, I have convinced myself he knows what he is saying! I love it.
    Kaz- I have a natures child one and two boosters, I posted in the AIO thread to see if anyone else uses them, but no replies yet, I love it, its gorgeous and smooth organic cotton, but 40bucks a pop! Where do you get your ones from? Are they cheaper? I want to get 8-10, is that enough? Isnt it strange how we have these epiphanies 8-9months in? I wish i had done it from the start now. Sorry for the barrage of questions!
    Tiff- hugs to the sleep deprived! LOL at your inlaws with the quilt - thats a quick fix! Wish i could do that to the whole house!
    Ok monkey man is climbing my leg and wants some attention.
    x

Goodness Kris!

Must say, the boys sound very cute together! Hope you're feeling better now!

Jen - have PMd you BUT! What a lot of people on a budget do is keep a tally. Every time they use a cloth nappy, they put a tally mark up, and when they make the cost of a pack of sposies, they buy another nappy. If you're planning a second bub, think of it as an investment for that baby! But you can get good nappies for under $30.

Oh goodness, I just want to sleep. Took Pip swimming yesterday, it totally knackered him. He slept from midday till 4pm (we walked in the door, I put him in the cot, went to the loo, came back to see if he needed a bottle and he was asleep!) and then he was asleep again by 8:30pm. OK, so a little help from panadol at 8pm there ... more panadol at 2:30 for him and then at 6:30 I brought him into my bed where he slept until 7:30.

Meanwhile, DF and I were discussing his childcare. I called the centre we've been on the waiting list since November 2006 (when still preggers) and they forgot to put us on the 2008 list after updating our details. There is a place available for him there 3 days a week - wed-fri, but if we want it (council centre, good rep) then we need to start him possibly next week! So lots of tear from me last night. Possibly cause it means I may go back to work early And then we may need to put him another centre for the first 2 days of the week. ARGHHHH. Am going to see if I can work only 4 days a week, that would help. Spoke to work yesterday, they are telling me I'll be going back on a shift position - I haven't been shift for about 4 years now. So really *don't* want to do that.

Well Mel, I've started giving him 270mls, he had only 2 bottles yesterday (240 and 270mls) plus 1/4 nana and a tube of baby food (rafferty's garden, he sucks it straight out of the fottle!) so not sure what's happening there. this morning he's just finishing off a 270ml bottle again. *sighs*

Anyhows, that's me fow the morning, time to tell the centre we'll take the care *sighs*

oh kaz, i know how u feel about them going into day care. luke starts in 2 weeks but is only going 2 days a week.

kristie - i can't believe how active dylan is. and playing with lewis - they must love it!!

darn i thought i would get a bit further but the little man has stirred - will drop back in

Hi!

We had Dylan up in the middle of last night but he'd filled his nappy - LOL! He hasn't done that in ages but he's done lots today so I assume he has a bit of an upset tummy...must be all that roast dinner! LOL!
    We've had a cruisy day today - which is what I've needed! and he even slept 1 1/2 this afternoon (although cried in the middle!)

Jen - No, not all day! Lucky I type fast! Wow - the nappies sound expensive! I guess they more than pay for themselves after a while though??

Kaz - How scary having to go back to work and put Pip in childcare!! I don't blame you for the tears!! Big hugs - I'm sure you will all manage just fine though!!!

Iona - 2 days isn't too bad! Are you going back to work also??

I must say I'm so grateful that I haven't had to go back to work! (Well I'm doing the Body shop but not out of necessity - I just love it! - It's just play money really) We don't have a lot of money but we're just lucky that this has been the most financial time for us - after having kids!! I had lots of dramas with work and starting new businesses etc that sucked up a lot of money but didn't make any so we've always relied on dh's wages. Now that I am earning a bit and dh's wages have kept rising we're better than we've ever been! Kind of reverse to how it normally goes with having kids but oh well! hehe. The best timing for it really though as at least we're not struggling to put food on the table with kids!
    Enough of my ramblings....

Chat later!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAZ...hope you're having a great day.

Welcome back Kris...hope you're feeling better...

Sooky lala...gotta run

Good Morning,
    Thanks for the PM Kaz and Happy Brithday!

Kristie - nope just going back to uni - need to get it finished as it's been an on-off project for at least 7 years.

happy birthday Kaz, hope u had a great day!!

Jen, I hope it made sense!

Thanks girls. DF & walked down to Belgrave for dinner last night, the cafe I wanted to go to was unexpectedly closed. So we ended up buying a bottle of bubbly and going to the pizza shop ( I wanted to try the cafe next to the cinema but DF has issues with taking the pram into places). Pip was wonderful, he had some crust of the garlic bread, some cucumber slices and some mushroom. And then he slept through the night!

And we're definately starting CC next Wednesday, but I found out the centre only does cloth nappies! If we want to use sposies, you have to take them!!! How cool's that!!! So next week we'll spend a few hours there and I'll leave him alone for half an hour or so ...

Thats awesome Kaz that they only use cloth! I just went and bought another nappy, two boosters and some dri liners, the only thing i am struggling with is nappy covers in summer??? Its a lost market it seems....
    For all you guys putting bubs into care, its really awful I know, I only do it one day a week and he stays here but I think I am a better mum for him all the other days I am with him as i have had a 'break' (work but YKWIM).
    I have finally found out about a playgroup near me that meets next week so I am finally going to make B some friends!
    Have a great day everyone!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast