Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #13

Hi!

How hot was it today??? Didn't do much at all...got the fingerpaints out for the boys - it was so funny - they were both in the nuddy and Dylan was covered in it - in his hair and all over him - had to put them in the shower! lOL! They had fun though! Put a bit of water in the little pool too and they had a splash about!

I've been posting this eveywhere - what do you think of these names?? (Yes, I know it's way to early but I couldn't help myself!)

Ethan Michael
    Lily Ann

Kaz - How exciting - August isn't far away at all! Geez they're all hurting themselves left right and centre at the moment!! LOL at yelling at Dh!! They just don't get it sometimes...Dylan pushes our buttons as well - and especially dh's when it's bath time as he always stands up in the bath which is obviously so dangerous...but will he listen? no way...its way to fun to stand up in the bath...LOL!

Kel - I completely understand how the time goes quickly without spending as much time thinking about the p/g....try and slow down a bit - it's such a miraculous thing to happen! ( I know easier said than done! LOL) I noticed I was a lot more fussy buying things for Dylan...As we already had so much it had to be really special...hehe. Thats great you got a nap in this morning!!

Jen - Thats great your getting all organised!! I agree with Kaz - You have to do it further away from ovulation...in saying that - I'm usually to impatient to fall p/g and just do it whenever!! Also, I generally don't know when I'm going to ovulate - like I'll feel it happen and then we dtd - probably why we have boys! LOL! Although this time around I have no idea...actually I didn't have any idea with Dylan either - Heheheh! Just meant to be I suppose...
    Yes - I'll find out what sex - I always spoil surprises - and as you can see from above I'll already have a name picked out as well - LOL!
    Dylans quite grizzly as well at time...thats were it's great to have Louis who plays with him and keeps him entertained at times...generally I'll pop a dummy in if he's grizzly and if that doesn't work usually there's a reason...He wakes up lately at night just after he goes to sleep and I know it's cos he gets thirsty cos he won't resettle until he has a drink (just water)...It's just getting to know them - it's sooo much easier though when they can communicate!!! I loved it when Louis could start talking properly - and lucky for me that was when he was 1!! I think Dylan will take a bit longer and grizzle for a bit longer - LOL!
    Tantrums - YES!! Dylan is forever throwing tantrums - especially when we say no to him - which we have to 100 times + a day....Dh had him this morning in the kitchen and looked around and he'd climbed up on the little kids table! I mean - how did that happen???? He's such a cheeky monkey. He's always trying to grab remotes and likes to try and make an escape if we have to open the front or back door...anyway I'm rambling....sorry...yes he throws tantrums - hehe!

Melissa - Wow - sounds like Olivias getting close to walking!!! I sooo hope my advice works....although here's a bit more...talking to my sil about it the other day and it took them ages and they ended up doing it early on in the cycle - just after af finished and that month she fell p/g! So the whole ovulation thing is obviously what stuffs people up....everyone thinks it will happen in the middle of the month but it just can't work that way for everyone to be so different...Anyway...so now you have do it every second day for the whole month - LOL hehehehehe.
    Ouch - they can be so rough can't they??? I'm trying to teach Dylan gentle at the moment but it's just not happening...He hits sooo hard!
    Wow on all those teeth!! Her birthday afternoon tea sounds beautiful!! Will be nice to do something low key when your so busy at the moment!!

Omg I've written an epic!! Chat later!

Hello everyone...

Jen, ugh home renos, I'm so glad that our place is new. I mean not 'my' style really, but at least everything is newly tiled and carpeted...well only three yrs old now, and only us living here! We painted the walls but thats easy
    Did you say you were going to start to ttc? This would have been about the time we would have had I not accidentally fallen pg! We were going to wait til Lil was one oh well!
    Lil has tanties too, she has been for a while. She's very stubborn and knows what she wants and when she wants it!! DH ignores her too, he just doesn't seem to notice her or it doesn't get to him like it does to me. And yep ignoring just makes it worse. They are too young to understand yet, and can't wait for things. If they are hungry they have to eat NOW! And they can't talk to tell us, they cry to tell us. DH doesn't see Lily's cues for things; like when she just wants a hug she puts her arms out and whines, or if she wants a bottle she goes to the table when the bottle warmer is and whinges, if she's tired she rests her head on your lap or legs and whinges...he just doesn't take the time to see. He just sees her whinging and thinks she just wants things her way.

Mel, LOL at your in laws wanting a boy...10 girls- WOAH!! DH's family have all boys except for Lily, I'm sure they'd love another girl, but we want a boy, though it wasn't that we tried for one, obviously since this one is a whoopsie. As you say though healthy is all we need.
    No I don't think Lil is far from walking though she's a bit hesitent to let go and do it, even though she can. She stands on her own easily, she plays standing up without holding on sometimes. She will only walk with us if we hold one of her hands, not two. And she walks a few steps between furniture but other than that she crawls, it's quicker!!
    LOL at Olivia pinching, Lily has discovered the hair on DH's legs and arms, she's very sneaky at pulling it, it's so funny. I try not to laugh cause it just encourages her, but the way DH screams like a girl, hahahaha!!!! So funny and Lily thinks it's a bit of a laugh too. She bit me on the toe the other day when I was trying to keep her away from power cords with my hands full, little brat!! I made her cry when I screamed about it though!!

Kaz, I've smacked Lily twice now, once for continually touching the fan and pulling it ontop of herself then touching it again...and another time for continuously touching the same power cords/sockets and pulling them out and eating them. It worked both times, now whenever she goes near either of them she says (her version of) 'don't touch' and waves her finger like I do at her, LOL, so cute!!

Ok that's it, gotta have a shower before supernatural starts

ETA Hi Kris, haven't read your post yet, but just thought I'd say hi!!

Hi!

How cute is this?? Dylan always plays with my phones but today he was putting to his ear and pretending to talk!! So funny!
    Also, the little cheeky can climb up on the couch now!! Only if his little couch is in front of it but it's still a bit too clever for my liking! LOL...

Kel - Sounds like Lily is nearly walking!!! Then you'll know it! She sounds like a little cheeky like Dylan!! hehe. They certainly love to get a reaction out of us!
    Meant to ask you - are you going to find out the sex of bub in tum at your u/s??

Ok - going to try and have an early night!!

Chat later!

Hiya ladies,

Wow, it's been quiet in here!

Kris, I love the names you have chosen. Naturally Lily is right up there for me, LOL! We had other forms of Lily too- Lilith, Lilian, Liliana. But DH wanted just Lily. Which is beautiful! And I love Ethan too, I have it chosen for this bub, but DH doesn't want it. If this bubba is a boy it's gonna be nameless! We have some girls names- Anabell, Grace, Chloe. Though none are set in stone. Boys, we agree with none. I have lots of Ideas- Luke, Callum, Jeremy...and a few more I can't think of! But DH has said no to all of them. And I don't like his choices.
    I am trying to take notie of this pg, I always have a little chat to bub at night when I go to bed, I pat my tummy and say hi, LOL. But during the day it's just hard to take the time, IYKWIM?? (Of course you do, you've done it before and now for the second time!!) I took some time to look at the baby things yesterday, I really hope this one is a boy so I can buy blue things!! I'm soooo sick of pink. Everything for girls is pink. In target it is all pink really,literally! Pink with other colours in it, but pink all the same. So boring. And Lily isn't really a pink girl, she looks better in red and yellow and browns. Poor kid, stuck in pastel pink.
    Lily doest that with the phone too, but she puts it to her ear and waits for me to say hello and talk, then laughs at me, like she's saying you silly woman it's just a pretend phone! Dylan is so physical isn't he!! Climbing on furniture already! I'm hoping I've got a few months yet before she's kamakazying off furniture! She's bad enough on the ground, let alone on the lounge! And yes she is one cheeky little monkey, and getting cheekier by the day. Today she got out the cream cheese from the fridge with out me noticing and opened it and was eating it out of the container, big handfuls of it LOL! She had a white face and was as happy as a pig in poop! It was so funny.
    Yep we will be finding out what sex this time, it's DH's decision this time so he wants to find out. At least if it's a boy we can try to find a name, hehe! Are you going to find out?

Ok, that's it, chatter box that I am, hehe! Hello to everyone else, I hope that all is well

Hellloooo!
    How is everyone? We did a marathon trip up the coast yesterday to look at a house we like - i swore i would never do it again with beau, but we didnt have any choice....and yes it was a nightmare!!! We put an offer in on the house but so fingers crossed....it is on the lake so would be aces for Beau, we can have a boat and fish blah blah and decorate!!! No renno's happening here just pre move clean ups! I just put Beau in the bjorn and lugged it all out onto the footpath and the man across the road came out and asked if he could take Beau for a while cause I looked so awkward! Ha!
    Apart from all that we are going well...Beau is really great with his naps at the moment - and his big sleep, he just babbles himself off and talks to his lanterns, he is just awesome! I am having major 'moments' for him today! I felt so sorry for him yesterday in the car! Poor little man.

Kaz - have been checking out the girl ovulation info - i must start charting as with Beau I just wanted a bubba! Didnt care one way or the other! He he at you yelling at Dh smacking Pip. You scared him more LOL! Sometimes I tell Dh that he talks to Beau like a dog, changing nappy 'stay!" in highchair "sit!" Men!!

Kris - Lovely names! Ethan is very sweet and of course Lily! We could have two! I think you will have another boy tho! i have 'boy' genes too! 3 brothers - i am the only girl....i always love traditionaly jewish names like Ethan, micah etc and french ones LOL. Beau climbs onto the couch too! Thinks he is hilarious! We have some ottomans too that he climbs on - he can do our bed too as it has a low surround....bah! cant wait to find out when you have your u/s!

Kel - no ttc here yet, I am just starting to chart LOL! I dont think i am ready just yet, besides we are going to undertake a new house that will need MASSIVE rennos! I cant imagine doing it pregnant AND with Beau! I have given Beau a few taps when he is really rough or doing really dangerous things - i dont intend on 'smacking' him but sometimes it just gets his attention IYKWIM? yeah Lil sounds like Beau with his little signals - you just have to watch hey? Bah DH's! Cant wait to find out your bubs sex too!! Roll on u/s how long to wait?

Ok Dh just walked in better look alive!
    x

Olivia is finally saying MAMA...yay, after 6 months of constant dada, its about time!!! We have some speech problems on my side of the family with my brothers so I am not too concerned about Liv beeing limited in her speech at this stage.

Kristie I love both of those names. Oh i cant wait to be preggas...just have a feeling its going to take us at least 8 months like with the moo. I have started charting my temps this month, very interesting.

Hi to all..must go and get the girl ready for bed...shes giving df a hard time, all I can hear is "no, no' daddy said no!!!"

Chat later

Love Melissa

Hi!

Grrr - I'm getting sick...I've got a sore throat and sniffles...It happens everytime I get p/g!!!! Anyway....Had a busy morning and ended up having a nap in bed this arvo!! LOL...and so the tiredness begins...Even Louis didn't have a sleep!! Luckily he was happy watching tv while Dylan and his mummy were napping - LOL!
    Omg...Dylan was climbing up our steps while I was hanging the washing around so I go and grab him and mistook how many steps there were and fell down and dropped him!!! Sooo bad...luckily it was only at the last second and he didn't actually hurt himself but just got a fright I think...I was alright other than hurting my foot but also a bit fright...so silly...I'm doing so many stupid things at the moment and my brains like sieve!

Kel - LOL - Yeah...dh isn't that keen on Ethan but he can't think of anything else so it's that for now!! I really like it though...In saying that he's not that keen on Lily either he wants Jorja or Chelsea...but we'll see - we've got plenty of time to suss it out!
    LOL at Lily getting into the cream cheese - how funny!!! Yep - Dylan is very active...the complete opposite to Louis - he likes playing and running but is just as happy vegging in front of the tv or reading a book...the only time I get big cuddles off Dylan is first thing in the morning so I really appreciate that!!
    Yep - I'm going to find out for sure!!! If we have another boy we won't have to buy a thing! If we have a girl I'll probably go a bit silly....LOL!

Jen - Wow - how exciting putting in an offer on a house!! Poor beau in the car - I'm sure he's fine! Awww - thats so cute - I love getting those warm gushy feelings...
    Hehe - I think I'll have another boy as well...although most people are saying that I'll have a girl - I guess they figure the odds are in my favour but I don't think so - and as I've said - it really doesn't bother me!

Mel - Yeah!!! I bet your rapt!! hehe. Geez doesn't sound like she's got anything wrong with her speech of she's saying no to her dad!! LOL! Hope it all happens quickly for you but at least it's probably good to be prepared if it does take a little longer!

Chat later!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY WE HAVE A TOOTH. We are still in NSW and she was really grizzly the other night so I gave her some panadol thinking they might be hurting her so anyways she got hold of a leaf and went for the big chomp, in I go fishing for the remainders and get bitten-cheeky lil imp

Hope everyone is well. OOOOH how exciting Kell finding out. Kris I hope youfeel better soon. Mel and Kaz wow I hope the ttc is short and sweet for you-not the actual begetting of pg but you know what I mean lol. Jen thats no good bout B in the car I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for the house. Sorry if i missed anyone but have to keep it short n sweet.

xoxoxox tiff and a toothy Phoebe

Hey tiffany congrats on Phoebe finally joining all the tooth terrors! I thought i would be sorry when Beaus teeth popped down cause he would look so grown up but he looks even more adorable now and so super cheeky!
    Kris - Poor Dylan! and you! are you ok? Didnt fall hard did you? Be careful! I am a super clutz so that is rich coming from me! But you have a little treasure on board too now...
    Mel - finally a mama! All the endless devotion we give to these babies and then the cheek to say 'dada' first! I think we say it to them a lot tho huh? But congratulations!
    Beau has the weirdest habit of sucking on av cord plug thingos, the little tiny ones? - the one that goes into my laptop and the baby monitor one - I only put it in my mouth the other day and got zapped! He must enjoy the sensation or something! Isnt that horrible! What a bad mother! they are off limits now of course...apart from electrocuting him....we have been busy today doing painting and touch ups around the house, pesky curly wirly metal fly screens and stuff! Beau has slept half and hour his past two afternoon naps the last couple of days, yesterday I was feeling ill and hadnt finished work til 9pm the night before and today was up to my elbows in paint! Do they know....?
    Ok gonna go - hope everyone is well and bubbas happy, i am having a stoli and tasty jack chips for such hard work today....!!!
    Bye!

Hi!

We're still sick here...grrr. Never mind!! Had a party last night that went really day and didn't achieve much today at all! I have my first TL party tomorrow at Nikki's (from BB) so thats exciting as well!!!

Tiffanny - Wow - how exciting!!! Yeah!! We're still waiting for Dylan to get one...hehe. Although he' started dribbling everywhere and is very grumpy but not sign of a toothy peg- just out luck! hehe.

Jen - Yeah I'm fine! It was more just a fright really...and the worry that Dylan could have got way more hurt! It was just such a silly thing to do...
    LOl at Beau liking power cords..funny bugger. I had Dylan trying to eat a tbs white musk body mist today...I wasn't worried thinking he wouldn't have got any in his mouth and I put my mouth to it just to see and it was full on - so I think he was trying to get high or drunk or something! LOL...will have to keep my eyes on him when he's older I think! Yeah...dylans been sleeping really ordinary at the moment - 45min naps x 2 each day which just obviously isn't enough as he's sooo cranky...you wait - dh has him tomorrow for the arvo and he'll probably have a bit sleep! hehe.
    Ooh a stoli sounds great! awww here goes another 12 months of not drinking...Lucky I got drunk once in the middle of last p/g and this p/g!! hehe.

Chat later!

OMG - after telling you all that Dylan doesn't have teeth I thought I'd actually check this morning - he's got 2!! LOL!! I nearly died!!! How did I not notice???
    His top left tooth is through and bottom left is through as well!! The top one is the one he knocked last week so it's come through since then...and the bottom one is just through but I can feel them easily!!

Well, that explains the grizzles and night waking a bit more than normal lazy - hehehe..

Enjoy your Sunday's!

Good afternoon!

Jen, good luck getting your house. Where up the coast is it? Will you be near the beach? That's great being near the lake too.
    How nice of your neighbour to offer you help with Beau while you tidied, did you take him up on his offer? And I agree with ttc, that with moving and renos, it would be too much being pg and with a bub, it's hard enough normally.
    U/s is 9am tomorrow, so not long now...I can't wait, I've been having little cramos and stuff, so I'm worrying myself silly, it's been a while since bubs was checked for a h/b. It will be music to my ears tomorrow. I'm trying to teach Lily that there's a bubba in there cause she loves to jump on me and play like a sumo restler,LOL! But she's too little yet and has absolutely no idea, especially since we still call HER bubba! (which of course she is, hehe).

Mel, YAYAYYY!! At Olivia saying mama. Lil says it, but usually only when she's crying . Everything else is Dada, dad, daddy...constantly.
    LOL at your DH, sounds like my house. That's the sort of stuff I hear whenever I put him in charge! Kinda funny sometimes but it usually just annoys the pants off me that he can't do the things I have to do no matter how much I complain!

Kris, I got the same thing when I was first pg- sore throat, snuffle etc...I think it's your body's way of saying 'slow down I need a rest for a bit'! But it's so hard when you can't do it. I just had a sleep with Lily for an hour and a half. Thank goodness it was a decent one. It must be hard on you with the two boys though. I can't imagine they'd coincide with their routines very often.
    Yayayy Dylan has his teeth too, all our bubs must be in contact and making arrangements, LOL!
    I hope Dylans sleeps improve for you. At least when its just you and Louis, you wouldn't have to run around after him so much, he understands more being bigger. Maybe now his teeth are through he'll go back to sleeping better. Lily does the same thing when her teeth are coming, a week or so of bad day/night sleeps or both if I'm really lucky) and then back to normal.
    I agree a drink sounds good. I got in a couple of wines before getting pg agian, but no actual drinks with friends or anything....I was hanging out for one the other day, but I guess some things are more important!!

Tiff, yayy fro Pheobe getting a tooth. We have just gotten another two as well. Lily's total is 8 now. I bet now that Pheobe has one, they'll just keep coming now!!

Ok Lily is a grumpy pant, I've gotta go....aggghhhh now she's got her fingers in the door!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG she cut anothre one she has her 2 bottom ones now. Lol Kris they are sneaky lil buggers hey!

Hi ladies,

Well we just got back from our u/s and all is well. We also found out 90% sure that bubba is a BOY!!!YAYAYAYYYYYYY . We are sooo happy!!!

CONGRATS Kel- a boy, thats fantastic. Do you have some pics you can share??? I know what you mean about the wrestling, I cant imagine having a belly full and being jumped on!!

Yay on Phoebe and Dylan getting teeth. Livvy has 2 more and is cutting another 2. So she has 6!

Hey Jen, thats so funny what B does..Olivia sucks on our mobile phone charger but I am not game enough to put it in my mouth!!! DF is an electrician and hes not TOO concerned about her getting a buzz through it, although he doesnt encourage her!!!

We went to a 1st b'day yesterday from mothers group. It was so hot. I ended up stripping Livvy down to her nappy and letting her crawl in the dirt...might throw some pics up

Olivia has her 1st birthday in 2 weeks from today. OMG how time flies.

Well, better go.

Take care

Love Melissa

Hi!

omg...what a huge day - finally did the food shopping and came home and crashed and slept! and then since the kids have gone to bed have slept again! LOL! I think all the late nights, busy weekend and this cold have caught up with me!

Kel - Congratulations!!! How exciting!! Oh you'll love having a little boy (hehe - I'm a bit biased!) Lol at calling Lily bub as well -I have 4 now - including bub in tum and dh! They never know who I'm talking about! LOL!
    Now Louis is a bit bigger he often goes without a day sleep but usually he'll sit on the couch and watch tv for an hour or so with his dummy and blanket and I can snooze...I just haven't thought I'd needed it but obviously I do! hehe. I always remember having one busy day and then needing a day to recover and looks like this p/g will be no different!
    Dylan slept really well last night and even had a bigger sleep this arvo which is good...he hasn't been too bad really considering!! Hopefully it stays that way!! I think it does make a difference when they get them a bit older...they seem to cope with the pain a bit better if that makes sense...we never even new when Louis was getting them but he didn't start until he was 1!!!

Tiffanny - Yeah on another toothy peg - they can come quickly when they want to!! hehe.

Mel - I remember being so protective of my tummy when p/g with Louis but when p/g with Dylan I didn't think about it so much...you've usually got a bubba sitting on it and climbing over it etc...god knows how roughted up this one will get - LOL!
    Wow at Olivia having 6 teeth - thats huge!! How exciting having her birthday so soon! You've got such an exciting time coming up!!

K...better answer some more emails and get myself to bed! Chat later!

Hey Kristie, sounds like you needed the rest. Yeah i'm sure things are different with subsequent pregnancies/babies. Livvy bit me on the hand today and left her bugs bunny imprint!!! I pretended to cry and she dropped her lip and started crying!!!!

Oh its too hot...going to have to go turn back on the air con

It's amazing how sensitive kids can be now that they're getting a bit older...I've done that with Dylan as well and he got really upset...They can most definitley pick up on our moods now!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast