Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born April 2007 #14

HIya girlies,

Jen, I hope you're feeling better and Beau too. I hope you can get some rest. Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAU!!! I hope his day went well.

Kris,DH ended up sleeping on the mattress on the floor with Lily andyway the other night cause she was waking every hour. Poor guy was shattered, I was too and I had to work, though I did get about 4 hrs straight. Then the next night he slept out on the mattress all night and I got almost a whole night sleep, except for getting up once to pee! But I felt like a different woman!
    How scary with Dylan making himself pass out, I hope you can figure out a solution. And I hope he doesn't do it again.

Mel, I'm glad to hear that olivia is feeling better now. Porr little monkey. Gastro is the worst thing to have, ugh!!
    A king sized bed, woohoo! I wish we had one, I don't think one would fit into our room though! Have fun christening it
    As for the counsellor I saw, yeah I was pretty disappointed. I have felt ok the past few days though, I'm really trying to just put things into perspective and not worry about little things. If all I get done for the day is cleaning off the dining table and one load of washing, with the dishes still in the sink and the floor to mop (today!!), well so be it. Lily is (kinda) happy, though she's a grizzly bear this arvo, but I'm more worried about making her happy than the dishes. I had a sleep cause I was falling asleep sitting up having my coffee when she went to bed this arvo after getting up four timesto her last night. So trying to be sensible and not let things get ontop of me. And only 7-8 wks left at work so not long now. I sooo can't wait til I can leave.
    I dont know what sort of support we have in NSW. I will have to see how I go and if I need it I'll ask my gp. I would need it to be free or reimbursable (is that a word??) as we have very limited funds at the mo.

Ok must go the bear is grizzling...and I need to hang out those clothes...hehe

Oh and the most important thing: HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!! Here hoping we all have a marvellous day tomorrow!!!

Hey,

Kel- yep, go to your gp and find out. i know that in Victoria they have introduce a 10 session councelling service through the gp and I am pretty sure its medicare funded. Good thing to get things in perspective and dont beat yourself up if the house isnt spottless. It doesnt matter. as long as you eat sleep and are happy, then thats all that matters.

Kristie- how did you go with Dylan at the gp????

Jen- a big happy 1st birthday to Beau. Hope you guys had a great day

Us- well crappy sleep one night, good the next. HHmm cant work it out, but it makes me more patient when she does sleep. The bed is wonderful....and yes we did christen it the first night, lol!!!! Its huge and takes up most of the room but we dont care
    Olivia is a menis, getting into everything. I just found her with most of her body in the kitchen cupboard trying to pull out the glasses....naughty girl.

Ok better go...have a great mothers day

Love melissa

Hi there I am gate crashing your thread...sorry...my son was born in April 2007 so just wanted to chat to some other mums who are at the same stage with there now 1 year olds and I have noticed that most mums here are in Melbourne another site I post on are all in Sydney so it is good to see a lot of Melburnians here.

My son is the worst sleeper in the world still waking up at least 3 times over night anyone else having sleep hassles? Also had him in hospital for a few days as he had gastro and got severly dehydratewd form it very horrible experience.

Well I feel like a real intruder now so I guess I should go

Yvonne

Hey Von, welcome to bb and welcome to the April 07 thread. I have a dd who is a terrible sleeper but is showing some signs of improvement...when she feels like it! We've just gotten over gastro this week too, so i know how you feel, although Olivias wasnt bad enough for a trip to hospital. Glad its all over!!!

Well am hoping for a great night sleep....

HI Von,

Welcome to BB!! And don't feel like an intruder, the more the merrier
    I also have a monster sleeper at the moment. My daughter is waking up to 5 times a night, though usually 3. She is getting 5 teeth at the moment and I think that is why she's doing so badly. We are up to our 6th week of it now though so I am hoping agianst hope that she sorts herself out soon. She used to only wake once a night and has done a few full nights (usually10hrs). My DH and I are going insane and I am surviving on nanna naps, being almost 7 months pg and also working 2-3 days a week its really taking its toll.
    I hope you find some peace in knowing you're not the only one! That's the only comfort I can give you at the moment- I know what you're going through.

Mel I ahd to laugh at Olivia getting into the cupboards. Lil does the same thing so I have now 'given' her a cupboard. It keeps her quiet for a while so I can wash up or cook. Otherwise she stands at my feet and just cries. So I have put the cake tins, some plastic containers, collanders, etc in a cupboard for her and she loves it. She literally sits on the edge and plays with 'her' stuff, very cute! I have even found her toys, shoes and socks in there. She has so much fun. And it saves me some stress too. All of the other cupboards I have locks on so she can't empty them.

Melissa-thanks for the welcome gastro really sucks doesn?t it my poor washing machine was working overtime which is probably why it decided to die which I am happy about because now I have a new front loader lol?.I wish my ds was showing signs of improvement when it somes to sleep but last night he kept waking every 30mins so today I am not a very happy mummy and it mothers day

Kel-wow 7 months pregnant, working and surviving on hardly any sleep?how do you do it???? I must say I am feeling a little better that there are other little darlings out there who are not sleeping. Everyone I seem to talk to are very upfront in saying that it is my fault he is not sleeping and that I should let him cry until he falls asleep of course oput of desperation I tried it one night and5 hours later everyone in the house was so distressed by it that I want ever do it again.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY hope everyone is having a wonderful day so far and getting spoilt

Yvonne

Hi All,

Kel- I just looked at that cupboard and I will make changes....just wish she would go to sleep.

Von- its definately not your fault. Its hard, i have let Olivia cry and we get no where, actually it makes things worse.

I have to go, am feeling real sick..hope its not the gastro

Oh, no Mel, more !!! I hope you're not getting sick now too. I am going for a nanna nap myslef, Lil's just gone down hopefully for a good sleep, after waking 5 times last night you'd think she'd sleep for hours!!

Von, good on you for sticking to your guns. You'll find lots of gentle parenting tips on BB. I can't let Lily cry either. I haven't tried it but just know that I'd end up feeling worse for it than cuddling her back to sleep.

Ok, I'm going for a nanna nap, hope you're all enjoying your day with your bundles of joy!!!

Helll---ooooo!!!!
    Wow Beaus birthday was looonnnnnggggg!!!! He was up til 9:45pm! That is his latest ever! He was an angel the whole day and was charming everyone and got so spoiled!
    He had a three hour nap before so DH and I did too - not that long of course but we had family over last night and were up til late drinking so were a bit dusty this morning LOL!
    Von- glad to have you here, we are nice dont worry! As the girls say the more the merrier. Sorry you have a little party animal too, Kel and Mel are having sleep woes too as you have heard.
    Kel - Glad you got some sleep finally, bless your Dh for doing that, I am not surprised you felt like a new woman at all.
    Mel - I hope you feel better and havnt caught the lurgy, I am wondering how many people Beau, DH and I gave the flu to yesterday????
    Kris - News??
    I respect you guys for not going the CC route if thats not what you feel comfortable with. I knew that in myself I had to do it cause I would have gone insane any other way, but I think because Beau responded so well to it it was an easy process IYKWIM? You have to be comitted to it too. (and the rest of the house)
    Ok Better go and bath the bub, if he is up till 10pm tonight I dont know what ill do!

Jen, Glad to hear that B's bday was good. At least him having a cold didn't effet his mood. Lucky you with B sleeping for 3 hrs. I wish Lily would, even just once in a while. Today she slept for about 1hr 20, so I got about 40min nap in after I actually settled down on the lounge. It felt like a second! And yep, my DH can be very generous whe he wants to be!!
    You're lucky that cc worked for you. A week or so of bad sleep and then everyone sleeps better, but I really dout that it would work for us. Lily vomits if she cries for long, I do too. I can just imagine having to deal with her screaming then spewing all over herself and the bed having to change sheets, clothes and then soothe a distraught baby and me being in tears and an absolute wreak. I really can see that scenario in my head.
    Anyway gotta go feed the monster!

Hey All,

Gees i felt ill. i think i am getting the flu. All achey and cold. I tried to rest but you know what its like!!! Still feel like poo but am hoping a good night sleep might do. Olivia has only had 40 min nap today, so we have cranky pants who is insisting on feeding herself and making a huge mess. DH is cooking me dinner. I changed the cupboard around..thanks Kel.Should have thought of it earlier!!!

Have my bloods done tomorrow and nt scan on thursday. Anyway,glad Beau had a great b'day.

Take care
    Melissa

Melissa-I hope you are feeling better real soon and that your not coming down with the flu you poor thing.

Kel-How did your nana nap go? I find if I try to nap I just end up even more tired then what I started although am feeling pretty tired now since ds kept me up every 30mins last night and so far tonight is not looking much better keeps waking every hour or so?

Jen-thanks for the welcome I think I am begingin to gather that you are a nice bunch here lol..I have tried joining other forums and they are all so clicky that I just give up. I don?t know what I would do if my ds ever stayed up past 7pm lol I want them in bed asap so I can have ?me time? lol?.I went to sleep school with both my kids and they tried to cc and even in that type of environment and with professionals it just would not work they said that there is a very small percentage that do not respond to cc and I just happened to be blessed with the small percentage ?grrrr

Well I had the dinner form hell..the food was good but the company.Dh cookied a lovely risotto followed by a lasagna stillwaiting for dessert lol..but every Sunday we have his dad around which is nice cause he is very ill and is not expected to see Christmas this year anyway dh also thought he should invite his mum around..I do not get along with my MIL at all probably because she told me she hated me a few years ago?so my night was a disaster but she has gone now the kids are in bed and I think I may go and watch grey?s

Hope everyone has a good nights sleep

Hey,

After a good night sleep...only one wake up, I feel much better. Must be the lack of sleep and some morning sickness...havent had much so far but lately have been nauseous and dry retching. Kel i dont know how you do it.

Hey von- sorry to hear about your dinner. if my mil told me she hated me then i wouldnt see her. Glad you got some you time.

off for my bloods today...

Oh and thaks again kel- that cupboard is a hit. I can just leave her too it knowing that shes just going to make a mess and not break stuff!

LOL Mel, no worries!! Glad I could save you some sanity

Hi All,
    Just got back from the park to shoot some hoops with Beau and DH, he got a mini footy for his birthday too so DH is tryin hard with him LOL!
    He is back to his regular napping today, one 1hr job. He has been a bit pooey today and hard to entertain and keep happy, i am putting it down to the snotty nose.
    Kel - i can understand your feelings about the vomiting and it being an even bigger heart ache than the waking. My neice was here fro Beaus birthday and she is a vomiter too, she sat in dog poo in our back yard and was doing the chunder face when we were eating lunch so I rushed her inside! She has ruined many a xmas LOL!
    Mel - Glad you had a little rest and only one wake up! Good luck with your bloods.
    Von- Oh MIL's ! What a shocker! Why oh why? Thats nice, at least your DH cooked so she couldnt pick on your cooking I guess. Wow that is bad about your DD and the CC even at the sleep school, did you have the same problems with your Daughter aswell? When did she start to sleep thru?
    Kris - News??
    Ok gonna look up some houses on Domain now.....
    x

Mel-glad to hear you are feeling better

Jen-dd was probaably worse then ds if you can actually believe that. She was still waking up at least 1 a night until she was 3 now finally at almost 4 she sleeps right through just wakes at the crack of dawn.

I only had to get up 3 times last night yay...ok for me 3 times is a real good night...and here i am nagging dh for another baby I think perhaps i should get ds sleeping first It feels like ds has been teething for weeks and still nothing else has appeared so far he has 7 teeth but from the amonut of times i have put his whingyness down to teething he should have 100's

So is this all that is in the April 2007 group?

Must go and help dh get the kids to bed night

Hi everyone
    Trying to catch up on whats going on, I've missed sooo much. Things have been shocking here lately. After Charlie & I being flown to Brisbane due to a bad chest infection (that I think I told you all), we've been admitted to hosp again. Spent a couple days there, it's so hard seeing him struggle so much to breath. The docs now think Asthma, though too early to say for sure....but he's still having trouble ATM & his sleeping is up the creek.....though seems we are not the only ones.
    It's actually nice to hear from the Mums of "non sleeping" babies rather than feeling like the only one with a baby who doesn't sleep properly. He's now waking up screaming, but doesn't respond to anything....I'm don't know what to do anymore, DH is in Melb for 2weeks...ahhhhh but I still think it's all due to him teething every week or so & we are currently down to the last few teeth. Will see what happens then.

Welcome Von....I'm in the April group when I cant get time to pop in. These days time just gets away from me.

Jen glad to hear Beau had a good birthday.

Melissa hope sleep gets better for you soon too.

Oooh yeah & I'm very excited that my sister is having a bubs in November. I cant wait, has given us a reason to ensure a trip home at Christmas again. YAY!

Ok, got to go. Think Charlie has woken 3 times already in a couple hours. Must know dad is away & mum has to work tomorrow. Wishing everyone a good night sleep!!!

Hi ladies,

Jen, LOL @ your neice, how funny!! Lil's not that bad, just when she's crying hard, thank goodness! How is the house hunting going and the sale of your house? I hope it's getting there!

Von, lucky you with you 3 wake ups last night. We had a horrible night, but I had DH here to help, and he let me sleep in for a while, though Lil knows when the door is shut then mummy is sleeping and comes a knocking! I'm the same with the teething, she's been getting teeth for manths according to me, LOL! THough this time it's true, she's getting her first pre molars and three are through properly now, but one is still breaking through the gums. I'm hoping tonight is better since DH is on night shift for the next few nights so I have her all to myself.
    As for who else is in the group, I guess the people who have posted the past few days are the 'regulars' but there are a few other people who drop in from our baby buddues group too. I guess life takes over sometimes!

Erin, hun. Sorry to hear Charlie's been sick again. Poor little man. I hope the dr's sort it out soon. Yep, I've got a baby allergic to sleep too. I don't know what has happened, we don't have an obvious explaination like being in hospital, or moving states! She did move bedrooms to her own room, adn she's been teething forever, but who knows??
    Congrats on becoming an auntie!! Woohoo.

Well that's it, must go I'm going to shower and go to bed.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast