Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born April 2007 #14

Hello Ladies....
    mmm I have had one of those days.....finally got out of the house for a builder to do an inspection, left the dogs there cause I wanted to go and try and relax and chill and get to the cafe and...no wallet! DOH! The rest of its been ok, beau had a big sleep (2hs) so I just about nothing then which felt nice for a change!
    Mel - Gosh, I cant believe how professionals throw those kind of comments/assumptions around! What does your job have to do with anything at all? Unless you work at a sleep school? LOL! All these kids and us mums are individuals after all...with Beaus day sleeps I pretty much let him guide me atm, if we are out he is entertained usually and will have one when we get back, if we are home, like this week mostly, he has gone back down at 8:30am some days for an hour then will have another hour at 12/1pm roughly. Then be up till 6:30-7pm. But today he was whingy in the morning, i put him down and he slept for 20min then slept for 2hrs plus this arvo from 12:30. Go figure!
    Kris - Wow, you are so great, pregnant with your third, pining for a fourth! Check you out!!! Oh Louis' I love you s sound amazing! Cant wait for i love you s! He cuddles a bit now which is divine!
    Von - OMG at your DH fainting, yeh that would have been hilarious at the time...NOT! It must be tough trying to squeeze in the births to qulaify you - will you be part time then or full time doula? We are hopefully moving up the central coast of NSW.
    Kel - Sorry the old sleep at mums trick didnt work! I kept perservering with the water and I gave it as soon as he grizzled IYKWIM?
    Erin - Poor charlie and you, what shocking timing with DH away! Dig into those choccies girl. Hope Charlie is on the mend soon and all these tests help. I understand with formula doing your finances in - we have a new tin and i am looking for the receipt as Beau is going so well on cows milk!
    Ok question, other than Kris who I know does a lot, who else takes bubs to playgroup or whatever to interact with other bubbas? Beau is very violent with babies now, some say 16monthws is a good time to start introducing them full on at playgroup or whatever, I am going to hopefully once we move.
    OK - DH is making potato and fennel gratin which is my fave gots to go!!!!

Hi girls,

Just a quick one from me...still cooking as we awere back late from our scan...took us an hour, where it should have only taken 20 minutes (multi car pile up). Scan was good, bubs is looking good. We get our results in the next few days. Yay.

Last night was horrid...ggrrr.

Oh and I take Olivia to mothers group and down to play days. She also does day care 3 days a week.....screaming child!!!!!

Bye

Hey Jen, I have been taking Charlie to playgroup, story time at the Library & a music thing for a while now. At playgroup he tends to go off on his own as a lot of the kids are older or really small....he just potters around with all the toys we dont have at home. I love taking him, gets us both out of the house & he has a good sleep when we get home. I just stop him if it looks like he is going to upset another baby & if he does I apologise to the Mum. I would take them at any age.

Hi!

Yvonne - Wow at your dh fainting...!! I would have been annoyed as well! LOL! Yeah...it's one of those things isn't it...we were talking the other day and he goes but if you had 4 would you then want 5 and I'm like - NO! 4 is just the number I had in my head...I think everyone has a number...maybe it changes after the reality of actually having kids and finances etc but I still think everyone has an idea...Good luck twisting his arm!

Jen - Bugger about leaving your wallet...I had a bit of an ordinary morning where just as I was about to give Dylan his brekky I dropped the whole bowl of weetbix upside down on the floor!!! So stupid...Wow glad Beau had a big sleep for you!!!!
    About the activities..I tried to take Louis when he was about 12m old and didn't go back...for one I didn't really click with anyone and the other was I felt he was still to little get a lot out of it as it had a lot of mixed ages - mostly kids a lot older so he kind of got pushed around a bit...definitely not what I wanted him to be learning...So Louis when he was on his own did swimming and some gymbaroo on and off but we didn't do anything major...

Melissa - Glad to hear that the scan went well! How exciting seeing little bubs!

Erin - LOL just read your post and it's basically the opposite to mine re: playgroup - He he! Obviously depends on the playgroup and the group of kids etc I would imagine!! I must say - I only tried one out of the millions that are around...I was really busy though at the time so didn't perservere - was p/g with Dylan and still running the dance school...
    How's Charlie going??

Ok - I need some advice - I'm really confused what to do about the work situation...for those that don't know I do the body shop at home and total learning - both party plan type things - I really enjoy them however, I'm finding I'm either not fitting in enough time with kids when I'm busy with work(even though I do a lot with them I had my little ideals of what I wanted to be as a mother and seem to be failing iykwim) OR I'm not putting in enough time and effort with the work if I spend more time on the house and the kids...
    I don't know if any of this makes sense but I'm so confused...I just can't seem to do it all - and I know being p/g again doesn't help - but half of me is like I should be able to do everything and the other half kind of knows I just don't cope well with too much on my plate...
    Financially, all I'm doing is earning pocket money as such - we don't rely on the income as it's very unpredictable so wouldn't miss it as such if it was gone...then on the other side it's been something for me away from the kids etc that has been really nice to have...
    GRRR!!!! It's too hard!!! Any opinions would be greatly received!!

Sorry for the vent - they're becoming more and more frequent I think!!

Hi girls,

Well I had the day off work today cause my back is playing up and my neck is really sore. I think I must have slept funny. It's a bit better now but still there. I really don't want to go to work tomorrow either, but I guess I have to, I can't keep on taking days off! I'm only there two days as it is, LOL!
    Other than that it was a quiet day. I really did try to rest, but DH was getting really fed up with Lily and I couldn't help but butt in! I went to the dr's in the arvo and then to target to layby some stuff for bubs abd Lily. I got home at 5.30 and DH hadn't even started dinner. We even discussed what we were having- just frozen fish, potato and salad, so not a difficult dinner. He was watching a movie on the puter. As soon as I got home (after only 3 hrs!) Lily was on me and nagging me and then when I started cooking...oh my lordy me!! It was like she hadn't eaten all day! DH 'forgets' to feed her during the day. How the f#ck do you forget to feed a whinging baby????? Then when he does feed her, it's crap. All day, things like chicken nuggets, hot chips, toast with jam, custard, bikkies...stuff that's not junky on it's own but if that's all she's eating all day and no fruit or vegies...well...! He drives me insane sometimes. The reason he forgets is because he doesn't put her needs before his. He wants to watch a movie so that's what he does. If Lil whinges then he goes off at her like she's doing something wrong?! WTF!!! Sorry for the rant, but I need to tell someone! If not you guys then it's noone . There's another reason why I don't like to go to work. Today she ate 1 1/2 weetbix, watermelon, 1/2 avocado, slice of bread with cream cheese, and that's when I went out so she had no more til I got home, when I gave her a chunk of cheese and a bread stick before dinner, then we shared a tub of yogurt. He kept on saying 'You're feeding her more?' I'm like yep she eats twice as much as you seem to think she does! Gggrrrrrr!!!
    Anyway... enough of my waffling...sleep last night was better, woke twice, once I think she had a dream because she was really crying and sobbing at about 1.30. Next it was for a bottle at 5ish, then up at 6.30 for the morning, so all up an ok night. DH got up for all night her though cause I was supposed to work. I actually felt rested in the morning even though I still woke up, rather than half hung over!

Erin hun, I hope poor little Charlie perks up soon, and you find out what is wrong with him. I can't imagine how srtessed you must be at the moment, being on your own without family, especially with DH going away for so long too.
    LOL at Charlie with the ribbon, hehe funny now, but not at the time I'm sure!

Von, YAAAAYYY that James went to sleep easily for you! It feels good on those days huh? I must say that Lily is really easy to get to sleep (most of the time *knock on wood*), it's just staying that way that she's been having trouble with, LOL!
    I would say that James would probably be allergic to milk if he vomits when he has it, maybe get him checked out by the dr?

Mel, sorry you didn't get much out of the sleep school, at least you got a couple of new things to try. And I understand about unprofessional professionals! I hope those new things work out for you guys.
    Yay, that bubs looks good. Are you finding out the sex? (you probably told me but I can't remember).
    Sorry you had a bad night sleep .

Kris, I feel like I've been wearing maternity clothes forever too, and the same stuff. I still have most of the things from Lils pregnancy, and I refuse to buy the expensive maternity stuff (unless I have a special event) so it's all daggy stuff from big w or target! And underware...son't start me on daggy maternity bras and horrible undies! Ugh sooooo unsexy.
    As for your work, can you try to organise it so you only do two or three parties a week or something like that. Or maybe give up the one that is least successful or involving for you. You shouldn't feel bad for not being able to do it all either. We are mums and sometimes, you can't do it all. Your boys come first, and to me it sounds like you do so much with them, I don't think you're failing them in any way!! How do you think you'll do when bubs comes along?

Jen, it's not the bottle that bothers me really. I actually kind of like giving it to her, I still 'feed' her her bottles during the day too. It's time for me to just be with her and gaze at her and love her (ohhhh so mushy!!! :tongue: ) And normally it's only one bottle a night, and only about 150mls at that. If she'd just wake for the bottle once a night there'd be no problem!!! It's the other 50 wake ups most nights that get to me!
    Nope, I don't do organised activities with Lily at all. I went to playgroup once, but didn't feel like I fitted in and didn't like the venue either. The outdoors play area was all concrete, yuck! And at the moment, I don't always have access to a car, nor the finances to do other activities. I'd like to go to playgroup or kinderdance or something with her, she'd absolutley love dancing, she has the most hilarious moves!!! Maybe next yr...

Ok enough of my nattering on....might go make some muffins!

Hi!

Kel - dh used to be like that with the kids...especially even with giving them a drink! He just wouldn't think - and sometimes he'd even eat something in front of them and not give them anything!!! OMG! It's a bit different now because Louis can ask and the kids basically eat everything that he can but there were times when it would drive me crazy!
    All that talk about food has just made me hungry - LOl!

I'm really not doing much with work at the moment which makes me feel really guilty - there's stuff I should be doing but I just can't get motivated to do it which is soo bad...then when I'm busy I feel like I should be doing stuff with the kids...Urgghh I'm so confused!
    I guess I always said that I didn't want to work when the kids were young yet I think I've had 4 months of not working since they were born! I had the dance school when Louis was born (which I never had a break from) and then had a bit of time off before Dylan was born and then I started this stuff...I don't ever really give myself a chance to just chill out...
    I guess I don't have a problem with stopping other than the guilt of quitting something as such...Maybe I should just give up one...although I've been more successful with tbs because I put more effort into it I'd probably prefer to keep doing the books as it's more relevant with the kids...
    Oh I don't know - I'll probably change my mind tomorrow...

I'll stop ranting about it as I'll end up doing all your heads in! LOL!!!

Good Morning.....
    Beau woke up this morning really snotty and wouldt even take his bottle - he is back in bed now and i am lazing around downloading music when i should be doing house work!
    Thanks ladies, I think i am going to check out some activities in my area for Beau, get him out there so he can meet some girls LOL.
    Kris - I know the dillemma about work well, I didnt have a break at all when I had Beau, even when it was just one day a week or working from home, it still plays on your mind all the time IYKWIM? When we move, we will be able to afford just DHs wage so I am going to give it up and try for no2. I like the outlet sometimes as its a creative job but I love doing things around my house too, painting and art and bits and bobs so that fills that bill for me.
    Kel- Oh lord your DH! How annoying for you! Arent they clueless sometimes? Wow lil eats a lot of good stuff, I am trying to give Beau less milk so he is more interested in food, atm he doesnt need it cause he is such a milk guts. Dont feel bad about not working, if you are feeling better in yourself, thats the main thing. I hope your back is feeling better today.
    Mel - Glad to hear bubs is loking good x
    Ok - the stupid bins are getting emptied and it will wake Beau for sure, I had better go.
    ps I hate my noisy stupid street! Everything sounds like it is in our living room!

Hey,

Jen- I hope you sell up quick, sounds as though youre not too happy there. Hows beau doing??? Is he feeling better?

kris- if tbs is working for you, just do that. Do what makes you happy. And you do need some rest too. You shouldnt feel guilty quitting something, because you have your hands full, its not as though you are lazy.

Kel- Wow if my dh forgot to feed olivia I would slap him. DH likes his food and luckily shares, so last night Olivia ate kabana with him!!! I always give him instructions if I am going out and hes pretty good to follow them. He's alot better with her now shes older and spends much more time with her and is able to recognise her cries, ect. Am glad you had a better sleep too

Erin- am so sorry to hear Charlie is unwell still. It must be hard for you not having too much support around. Hope things improve very quickly

Von- hows your sleeping going???

Us- well I am at work...ggrr. Am so tired. Olivia was up again for 2 hours this morning, from 4 til 6am then went back to sleep til 8. I gave her a bottle at 5 am and then she just read her books in her cot. I dont know whats happening with her. I just cant get her back to sleep. Its always 2 hours. I am at a loss. I am wondering if maybe she might have some tummy pains or something. Shes quite distended and lately her belly button has been popping out. Maybe I might try her on soy milk...I dont know. Shes doing about 3 poos a day, so shes not contipated and doesnt have diahrrea. Its such a guessing game. We see the pead in 2 weeks so i will chat to him about it then. I just wish she would wake up at a reasonable time...say 6am and then go back to sleep for a nap at 8....suppose I cant have it my way.

Well better go before I get sprung...oh I'm so hungry

Jen-I am going to just go with the flow of my doula business. I guess if people find me through my website then great but I will not actively drum up business at this point in time still a little hard with the kids and the fact that I also work 2 nights a week at the moment IYKWIM?.playgroups well I had a terrible experience with playgroup with my first so have not bothered with ds I figure that he gets to socialize with his big sister lol I do still go to my mothers group that was arranged with dd?s birth so I bring James along to that and most of them have had there 2nd or 3rd children now oh and he just loves going to kinder when ever we drop dd off I am there with him for at least 20mins while he walks around yelling at all the bigger kids?When I look back I was more concerned about socializing and doing special activities with dd and by the time James has come along I guess you could say I am over it..I sound like an awful mum now

Melissa-yay that the scan went well are you finding out what you are having this time round? I always opt for the surprise which ends up nearly killing me I am so impatient so 9 months of waiting omg AGONY..sleep well thankfully this is day 2 of him going down without me having to spends hours trying to get him to fall asleep last night he woke up only once I am so surprised still I just gave him a bottle and he went straight back to sleep of course I just lay there waiting for him to start screaming because the cot is not being rocked so even when he does sleep I am still awake grrr I don?t mind getting up once to him I did that for almost 3 years with dd it is the waking every hour-2 hours that does my head in?.

Kristie-omg that is freaky I am going through he same thing atm. I am working 2 nights and once a month on the weekend lately I am really struggling with it as I just don?t want to do it anymore I feel that I should be home more with the kids but then another part of me knows that it is good for me to get out there ect I am so miserable atm trying to work out what I should do also like you it is not like I am working for financial reasons sure it is good to be able to have some money to support my shopping problem lol BUT is it worth it and now I have also started up my own doula business I just don?t have the time to be a great mum great worker and great doula not to mention trying to keep the house in order and give my dh time?.oh what to do..sorry I am really no help I have probably just made things worse?

Kel-I am so ashamed I have actually forgot to feed James his lunch a few times?dh always gets up with the kids so he does breakfast.. at lunch time though James just does not seem interested in eating I will offer him several different things and then I just give up and make a note that I will try something else later but I end up putting him down for his arvo nap and then I remember that I forgot to offer him something else?I end up feeling so bad and try to make up for it when he wakes up by offering him everything and anything that I have in the house lol?of course dh want ever let me forget that I forgot to feed him?how your dh can watch a movie while lily is awake I have no idea I can not sit down and watch tv until the kids are in bed because I know I will be interrupted at any minute thankfully my dh is the same so as soon as the kids are in bed we both run to our tv?s and watch a movie..thats our down time?

Wow that is a huge post ok am going to go and watch some tv I think I have started lite n easy today and of course we have dinner early at 5pm because of the kids and now I am starving and the fact that the meal sizes are weany does not help.oh well cost to much to throw in the towel so I will just drink lots of water?.

G'day all.

Sorry I haven't been around for a while. Not coping too well with returning to work.

So, what's up?

Who's due when? Have we all enjoyed our first birthdays?
    me & pip.

Hey Kaz,

So good to hear from you. I am sorry that you arent coping with returning to work. Doesnt it suck!!! Are you back full time? I am only back 3 days a week and it took me ages to adjust. Hope you and pip are well. Hows the renos? We must catch up again. I am due in late November

2 nights in a row we have had sleep throughs...yay. I wonder how long it will last!!!

Its cold and wet and I have so much washing on the line....gggrrr, i know we need the rain, but roll on spring I'm not a fan of winter.

Well have a good sunday, I'm off to see my dad.

Love Melissa

Hi All,
    Its a bit chilly here but the sun is out...we are off for a walk to make the most of it now....
    Von - That sounds like a good plan with your business, I think there is nothing worse than having lots on work wise and not getting all your rest IYKWIM? They always seem to play up when you have a big day the next day too! Why is that? DOnt worry Beau is like your DS too, he is fussy at lunch aswell and goes without a bit too.
    Kaz! Helllooooo!!! Sorry work is tipping you over! Hope you drop back in soon.
    Mel - Good on you with two sleep thrus! Awesome! B is still snotty, it is taking ages to nick off!
    Us- Well I think he had a nightmare last night around 11pm, doing a strange stressed/upset cry (not like him, usually it might be a whingy one if that) so I went and picked him up and he was clambering all over me "mumma, mumma" and I rocked him in my arms off to sleep in about 5secs flat and popped him back in his cot. Weird? Then slept till 6am. I must admit its a nice feeling sometimes knowing you were what they wanted to feel better. Very gratifying, as long as its not every night right?
    Ok off for the walk now.....

Mel! Jen!

Well I'm back at work full-time. We have a "flexible work arrangement" process whereby you can apply for reduction in hours. I want a 9-day fortnight instead of the 10 I'm supposedly working until we can get the 5th day of childcare. but they keep saying "no". Well, I'll take it to EEO, as what's the point of a policy that is never implemented? Is it just there to look good for the pollies?

Pip's had a cold now since Feb 9 Jen - we can't get rid of it. I've had it as well, so over it. Weird about the nightmare, one wonders what they dream about!!!

We've been lucky with sleep-throughs. Somehow last night Pip slept from around 5pm when I got home from shopping (he fell asleep in the car) until around 5am this morning when we changed his nappy, gave him a bottle and he slept again until 8:30. He's asleep now, has been since midday.

We've started weaning onto cows milk - I know what you mean Mel, I can't help but give him formula last thing before he sleeps! But I'm really looking forward to not having to budget that $20/week for formula. And while I've not been well we've been using disposable nappies, which is another $20/week. ARghhhh.

Now I'm back at work it feels like I'm even more poor, as all my wage is going into childcare and paying off the homeloan.

Ooops, he's awake.
    Have a great day all.

Gosh Kaz I hope you get the extra day - thats ridiculous if you dont....do you have an aldi near you? At least then its only $15 dollars and we get over a week out of a pack of nappies (60 or so). Do they still do cloth at pips daycare?
    I just returned a tin of formula i had in the cupboard as Beau is fully cows milk now bless him. Can you use long life full cream milk in an emergency or no?
    Thats awesome that Pip is sleeping so well for you, at least you can get some rest, sounds like you need it.
    Who knows what they dream about? A milk shortage? Mummy in a really bad mood? No new toys ever again? He he....

Hello...so quiet in here.

I have my first midwife appointment today, yay. My mum is coming to pick up Olivia this morning so I can have the day to myself to catch up on housework and book work and some time where I can finally do my underarms and legs!!!!! A bit of slef love i think!!!

Olivia slept well last night, the night before was different and we caved in and she came in our bed....ooopsss!!! Even though we have a king size, she still takes up loads of room!!

Hope everyone is well,

Love melissa

Jen-Hope Beau has not had anymore nightmares

Kaz-wow you used cloth nappies for over a year?I had hoped to use them but after the first week I gave up I have seen some really great cloth nappy designs now must remember for the next baby lol

Melissa-how did your first middy appt go? Which hospital are you going to?

Us-James is still sleeping well only waking once a night which I can handle and is still going to sleep rather easy?for the first time in I don?t know how long both of my kids are having a nap at the same time so I just don?t know what to do with myself?well must go dh wants the computer back

Ok I waited until there was at least two posts LOL!!!
    Gosh everyone must be at work.....or snuggling under the doona.
    Well I have had a no day sleeper on my hands the past two days and have been feeling really **** because of our house sale blah blah blah and would have loved some relax time but no I have had Mr Beau to keep happy!! It is mostly him being woken up by the **** heads in our street - we are in a semi, so no front yard just 1metre between Beaus room and the street, and we have the loudest rev heads across the road x 2!!! Ok rant over! He has been not to bad apart form that, still sleeping really well bless his little heart - EVERYONE in the world is "dog" which is a little worrying! We have been hitting the parks hard this week trying to get him a bit more 'out there' too.
    Von - hey thats great you have only been getting up once, thats an improvement! You know when you did the CC but no avail, how old were your bubbas?
    Mel - So glad you have had a day to yourself for errands and your appt - hope it went well and bubs is doing great.
    Ok, we just had home made hamburgers for state of origin nite and I am full - DH bought me some yummo ice cream as a cheer up method so I am hitting the shower before BB starts - Beau is tucked up in bed for 1/2 an hour so I am happy!!!

Hi girls! I just stuck my head in to read up on everybody and I'm amazed at how many of you are pg again! Congratulations!!!!

I'm back at work again (hence time to log on to Bellybelly! LOL) and also pg again! I only just found out so have a loooong way to go

Hope you're all well and that bubs are running around keeping you busy!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast